« Reply #15 on: <07-10-12/1007:56> »
Other option: Magic Fingers.

-k

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #16 on: <07-10-12/1051:36> »
Other option: Magic Fingers.

Well, yeah, but if you're going to do that, you might as well just hit the guy with a Force = Magic elemental spell and be done with it.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #17 on: <07-10-12/1333:08> »
No, you might as well use Magic Fingers. It has far less Drain, and is sustained. For a pixie mage worrying about Drain, perhaps one with low Magic, it is a good choice.

Tsuarok

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <07-10-12/1351:09> »
No, you might as well use Magic Fingers. It has far less Drain, and is sustained. For a pixie mage worrying about Drain, perhaps one with low Magic, it is a good choice.

But... It carries an inherent -2 dice, plus -2 for sustaining, plus the agility is based on the net hits, meaning to have any accuracy you need to cast it at really high force.  Which would prevent most from using a sustaining focus. 

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #19 on: <07-10-12/1906:33> »
A pistol would probably have to be of revolver design. With their tiny hands, and the fact that the clips is loaded into the butt of most automatics means there is only so much reduction in size you can do before you couldn't load it.

That, or you would have to totally redesign an automatic for them at even more cost.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #20 on: <07-10-12/1921:49> »
Hehe. I just got the image in my head of a pixie with a gyromount holding a regular size machine pistol as though it was a LMG.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

_Pax_

« Reply #21 on: <07-10-12/2317:26> »
Exactly, Mirikon.  :)

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <07-11-12/0051:38> »
Seams like a alot of people are forgeting how anoying the placement of the magazine whould be for the pixie. Giving its relitive size to the pixie having it between them and the firing mechnizim whould be realy dificult to get a solid posion. Not to metnion they whould not be able to go prone with it, and nealing position may be out of the question.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #23 on: <07-11-12/0122:32> »

But... It carries an inherent -2 dice, plus -2 for sustaining, plus the agility is based on the net hits, meaning to have any accuracy you need to cast it at really high force.  Which would prevent most from using a sustaining focus.

Restricted gear, force 5 sustaining. Now, infiltrate into the shadows and go invisible while your floaty pistol of doom geeks the enemy!

It may not be OPTIMAL, but it is a low drain option that can be utilized long term.

Ratboy

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <07-11-12/0257:06> »
BTW, while we're on the topic of pixies...what is the "Vanishing" weakness??

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <07-11-12/0301:51> »

When they fill all their Overflow and die they go "poof". No body.
― Albert Einstein

― Me

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <07-11-12/0335:03> »

Restricted gear, force 5 sustaining. Now, infiltrate into the shadows and go invisible while your floaty pistol of doom geeks the enemy!

It may not be OPTIMAL, but it is a low drain option that can be utilized long term.

Or you could just Stunbolt them. Low drain and far more likely to drop the target.

Which is only a weakness in that you can't be resusitated, as far as I can tell. Generally when your character is dead, you won't care much if they left a body or not.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <07-11-12/0442:35> »

Which is only a weakness in that you can't be resusitated, as far as I can tell. Generally when your character is dead, you won't care much if they left a body or not.

Yeah. However, it's certainly not a Power, and there's only two categories of Critter Ability.
― Albert Einstein

― Me

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <07-11-12/1056:40> »
or just go with a laser weapon?

And, a Redline Laser is the size of a laser pointer, right? That might be viable...

_Pax_

« Reply #29 on: <07-11-12/1211:48> »
Seams like a alot of people are forgeting how anoying the placement of the magazine whould be for the pixie. Giving its relitive size to the pixie having it between them and the firing mechnizim whould be realy dificult to get a solid posion. Not to metnion they whould not be able to go prone with it, and nealing position may be out of the question.
Mod: Electronic Firing.  Problem solved (and a bonus point of Recoil Compensation, too).