NEWS

What Knight Errant was in charge of before 2072.

• 23 Replies

chinlamp

• Newb
« on: <04-05-12/0414:53> »
I've seen mention that after the change over, Lone Star was left in charge of the Barrens and the prisons.  This begs the question of whether or not KE had encroached on their territory prior to the loss of contract.  Any information on that?

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #1 on: <04-05-12/0417:24> »
I don't have a reference but I think my informations are from Seattle 2072.
Prior to KE's takeover they had private contracts in the city besides there obvious job of protecting their corporate assets.

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <04-05-12/0635:01> »
KE had several private contracts around Seattle prior to 2072. They also had the local contract for Tarislar, brought in by the residents who didn't trust Lone Star's well-deserved racist attitudes. That happened with the backing of the Laesa.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <04-10-12/1649:48> »
Laesa did not exist to my knowledge prior to SR4. 

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-10-12/1707:35> »
Yes, but there is a large gap between the System Failure in 2064 and 2072. The Rebels of the Spire, after ousting the Princes, became the Laesa.

My Characters

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-11-12/0726:08> »
Yes, but there is a large gap between the System Failure in 2064 and 2072. The Rebels of the Spire, after ousting the Princes, became the Laesa.

I'm not sure that's right, not in toto anyway.  Overlap? Yes.  But I defer to Critias.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-11-12/0810:25> »
10 Gangs, page 10.

My Characters

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #7 on: <04-11-12/1759:44> »
Outside of Seattle, KE also was in charge of security for the CAS sector in Denver... and then changed by the time spy games came out to be the Law in UCAS sector in Denver.  Not sure about other cities/nations etc.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-11-12/1859:14> »
They have Hong Kong's contract, I believe, though Lone Star is looking to change that.

My Characters

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-11-12/2009:05> »
Does Mitsuhama have city-wide contracts?  I thought once apone a time they had the contract for Hong Kong?  Way back....?
Perception molds reality

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-11-12/2011:12> »
I don't believe MCT does security off corporate property, and all that work is through their Parashield subsidiary.

My Characters

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <04-12-12/1401:03> »
SOTA:2064, page 73
Petrovski Security: A subsidiary of Mitsuhama, Petrovski Security has a global presence, though it often operates via local subsidiaries with different names. Many runners don't realize, for example, that the Ertxantxa police in Euskal Herria are sharing the same databases and personnel as the Total Services corps in Korea.

Runner Havens, page 33
The Hong Kong Police Force underwent a recent change in management from MCT’s Petrovski Security to Ares’s Knight Errant, following a newsnoop’s story that exposed links between Petrovski’s police force and the Japanese Watada- rengo Yakazu.

Corporate Guide, page 118
Parashield & Petrovski’s more impressive contracts include supporting the Neo-Tokyo Metropolitan Police (NTP) at the behest of the Japanese Emperor himself. The Japanese take extraordinary pride in their police, all of whom are local citizens hired to keep the peace. But the number of “supplementary forces” from Mitsuhama exceeds the number of ordinary cops.
« Last Edit: <04-12-12/1821:57> by Nath »

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-12-12/1804:48> »
Thanks Nath! I knew I remembered it from somewhere :) +1 to you and your exceptionally good memory!
Perception molds reality

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-12-12/1829:32> »
Renraku also has Najima Securities.  But I think that they amount to mall cops.  While Najima is a town in Japan, Najima Securities is a North American subsidiary. 

What you have to watch out for is Armada Personnel.  Najima and the Red Samurai are dedicated security personnel.  But Armada provides stuff like secretaries, truck drivers, temps, etc.  What you don't really notice is that Armada also vets their personnel... and the personnel going into other Renraku subsidiaries.  What that means is that they do deep background checks and also provide executive protection and provide other less public assets.  You see Najima and the Red Samurai, but the tendrils of Armada are invisible and insidious. 

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #14 on: <04-12-12/1831:13> »
KE has the Boston security contract too.