NEWS

[Hero Lab] 7 E-books have been added to the Shadowrun files for Hero Lab

• 33 Replies

Mathias

• Chummer
« on: <03-31-12/1148:48> »
Version 2.6 of the Shadowrun files for Hero Lab are now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update adds two new packages for purchase:

Pdf bundle #1 contains Digital Grimoire, This Old Drone, Way of the Adept, Milspec Tech, and in a future update, will get Parazoology added as a free update.

Pdf bundle #2 contains Gun Heaven, Unfriendly Skies, Deadly Waves, and in future updates, will get Safehouses and one other pdf (still to be determined), as free updates.

Each bundle is available for $9.99, and you can purchase them through the License menu within Hero Lab...Purchase Data Package.

This update also fixes a few bugs.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <03-31-12/1833:34> »
My baby's only worth a free update?  :'(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-31-12/1844:56> »
Would you prefer a sharp stick in the eye?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <03-31-12/2107:32> »
Would you prefer a sharp stick in the eye?
Already got a sharp pain in the elbow, with a cast to go around it, thank you.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-31-12/2315:12> »
Ohh, fun. Hopefully you earned that one is a more dramatic way than the one I sported last year.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-31-12/2332:54> »
Still no Runners Companion though :(
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-01-12/0315:46> »
I am wondering if War and Attitude will be a Two Book Package, or will be separate? Not alot of Character related rules
between the two...

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-01-12/1043:03> »
Downloaded  ;D
From the newsletter:

In other news, we’ve now turned our attention to “Runner’s Companion”, which we’ll release in two installments as mentioned previously. We’ll release the first installment, which will support everything except the alternate character creation rules and character concepts, in April.

Each of the data packages for Shadowrun can be purchased separately for $9.99. We think you’ll really like the Basic Suite bundle, which currently includes “Arsenal”, “Augmentation”, and “Street Magic”, and will also include “Runner’s Companion” and “Unwired” once they're released. You can purchase the Basic Suite bundle of those five add-ons for $34.99 and save 30%! For users who purchase the Basic Suite bundle prior to the completion of all five supplement packages, the additional packages will be added to your license as a free update when they become available. If you purchase the Basic Suite bundle or “Runner’s Companion” as a stand-alone add-on, you’ll receive a free update with the alternate character creation rules and character concepts when we release them; we currently expect to release this update in May.

Our current expectation for completing the last book in the Basic Suite bundle, “Unwired”, is the beginning of May. However, if you purchase this bundle before we release “Unwired”, we’re going to get some of the material from this book to you sooner. We’ll provide purchasers of the Basic Suite bundle with access to the new qualities contained in “Unwired” in mid-April, hopefully taking away some of the sting of tax season.

Next 4-6 weeks should bring a number of solid updates.   :)

AJC

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #8 on: <04-01-12/2331:53> »
Downloaded  ;D
From the newsletter:

In other news, we’ve now turned our attention to “Runner’s Companion”, which we’ll release in two installments as mentioned previously. We’ll release the first installment, which will support everything except the alternate character creation rules and character concepts, in April.

Each of the data packages for Shadowrun can be purchased separately for $9.99. We think you’ll really like the Basic Suite bundle, which currently includes “Arsenal”, “Augmentation”, and “Street Magic”, and will also include “Runner’s Companion” and “Unwired” once they're released. You can purchase the Basic Suite bundle of those five add-ons for $34.99 and save 30%! For users who purchase the Basic Suite bundle prior to the completion of all five supplement packages, the additional packages will be added to your license as a free update when they become available. If you purchase the Basic Suite bundle or “Runner’s Companion” as a stand-alone add-on, you’ll receive a free update with the alternate character creation rules and character concepts when we release them; we currently expect to release this update in May.

Our current expectation for completing the last book in the Basic Suite bundle, “Unwired”, is the beginning of May. However, if you purchase this bundle before we release “Unwired”, we’re going to get some of the material from this book to you sooner. We’ll provide purchasers of the Basic Suite bundle with access to the new qualities contained in “Unwired” in mid-April, hopefully taking away some of the sting of tax season.

Next 4-6 weeks should bring a number of solid updates.   :)

AJC

Unfortunately for me, my current character is a Pixie and my soonest-to-be-played future character is Karmagen. Program is looking awesome, but the April update is missing the two things I need.  :(
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #9 on: <04-01-12/2333:47> »
Indeed. Most of my characters use things from Unwired and Attitude, as well as the newer supplements. But the program is looking good.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #10 on: <04-02-12/0011:40> »
Indeed. Most of my characters use things from Unwired and Attitude, as well as the newer supplements. But the program is looking good.

Items are easy. Just use the editor to code in the specific things you need. Heck, I could probably make the Pixie if I felt like it. The big downer for me is Karmagen being missing. We're switching to the Homebrew game after we finish Season 2, and there's only 2-3 weeks left.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-03-12/1358:05> »
Unfortunately for me, my current character is a Pixie and my soonest-to-be-played future character is Karmagen. Program is looking awesome, but the April update is missing the two things I need.  :(

I hear ya...but, the updates do seem to be progressing and they've been pretty close w/ recent dates.  I am quite curious to see what is in the pipeline next...lots of material to choose from.

AJC

lousydiceroller

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <04-05-12/0001:55> »
I love hero lab, but when will they add the modifiers for damage and conditions in the dashboard?  Sure the plusses and minuses appear at the top, but just reduce the dice pools all ready!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-05-12/0711:15> »
Have you posted this over on the LW forums?

AJC

Murrdox

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <04-05-12/0951:06> »
It's listed as a known bug with Shadowrun.  They're working on it.  No idea what priority it has though.  I know they're working hard on the Companion and Unwired ATM.