NEWS

[Hero Lab] 7 E-books have been added to the Shadowrun files for Hero Lab

• 33 Replies

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #30 on: <04-13-12/0013:12> »
If I was just a player in Shadowrun, I'd have very little need for Hero Lab. 

As a GM though?  AWESOME and saves me tons of time writing up NPCs and also does a pretty darn good job of organizing everything too.  Yeah, it's pricey, but so are all the BOOKS that I buy!

Concur.  This is a great tool for GMs, but a lot of my player's characters are also in the system.  As a GM, I have a bunch of standard grunts and then copy them and tweak them and its easy and done.  Or when I build a custom rival shadowrunner team.  Nice and easy too.  Even better now the extra books are in the system.  It really makes creating npcs quick and easy. 

But I would also like to highlight the way it prints characters, with explanations on spells etc.  I get new players from time to time, and we give them their choice of sample characters from the book... but then give them a Hero Lab printed version which has all their dice pools and explains their gear/spells etc in detail.  Very useful when players need to pick up a character and run with it quickly.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #31 on: <04-13-12/0102:43> »
$20 for the main program, then $9.99 for each data bundle. The Suite bundle is cheaper at $34.99, but the total still comes out to be $75, but that's IF you need everything.
"IF"?
Hey, there's some weird people out there that DON'T buy everything they publish...
Weird? Wrong I tell you. We better throw stones at them - it is after all the proper way to treat people that are different...

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #32 on: <04-13-12/0258:20> »
$20 for the main program, then $9.99 for each data bundle. The Suite bundle is cheaper at $34.99, but the total still comes out to be $75, but that's IF you need everything.
"IF"?
Hey, there's some weird people out there that DON'T buy everything they publish...
Weird? Wrong I tell you. We better throw stones at them - it is after all the proper way to treat people that are different...

Rasmus

True... and blame them for stuff and everything! Because we cant have good things because people dont buy every Shadowrun book including both hard and soft copies and all related software and a really cool tv shirt I saw once and those minatures, both hero clix and Ral Partha metal ones and ... and... Yeah, so there!

Seriously, well worth it if you have the dimes.  But far from mandatory purchase if you don't.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #33 on: <04-13-12/0422:27> »
"IF"?

Rasmus

True... and blame them for stuff and everything!

Exactly  8)

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?