NEWS

[Recruitment] Artifacts Unbound: Deja Vu.

• 53 Replies

Rusalka

• Newb
  • Reality Impaired
« Reply #45 on: <03-25-12/1201:53> »
I have a mage who might be able to play. He is an ork, and a custom tradition that I made myself. If you would like, I have have the character sheet up later tonight, but it'll be around 5 to 6 CST... Basically, he is a tarot reader who awakened and believes that his magic is given to him by fate.

http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=6535.0

This is a link to the write up of the tradition. I really like this guy and hope that you will accept him into the campaign

While I am, of course, but another applicant for the same role, and hence have all reason to attempt to prevent you from joining, I would still advice you to note the following:

Edited:  Recruitment to submit characters will cut on this Sunday (3.25.12) --- at 6PM EST [Emphasis mine]

Browse 6 on System 1

The World is a Mess and I Just Need to Rule it.

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <03-25-12/1452:33> »
After thinking it over I think I'll play the infiltrator, though the gunslinger would be fun he's not going to help a group much outside of a gun fight at short range.
Colors: Speech, Thought, Matrix
Character:
Dos.Boot http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=7368.15

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #47 on: <03-27-12/1050:40> »
Loud beginning: Silent death?

Rusalka

• Newb
  • Reality Impaired
« Reply #48 on: <03-27-12/1133:09> »
Loud beginning: Silent death?

Aye, 'tis what I've been thinking, though I've been loath to say anything, given that I haven't participated in PbP here before, and hence don't know the usual delay. Worth noting, however, might be that the GM hasn't been online for the last three days. With a deadline set to Sunday, one would've thought he'd've been here.

Alas, 'tis a pity.
Browse 6 on System 1

vinnmun

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <03-27-12/2219:09> »
Is there a spot open. I'm good to play anything.
H0llister - Demo Team

Red: Matrix
Blue: Speech
Green: Thought

Rusalka

• Newb
  • Reality Impaired
« Reply #50 on: <03-28-12/0850:19> »
Not to sound excessively impolite, but have you looked around at all? We already have about three players too many, and the GM hasn't been seen in four days and twelve minutes.
Browse 6 on System 1

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #51 on: <03-28-12/1013:43> »
Can't blame people for trying :)

I'm almost getting the feeling PbP's here are cursed though... so many dead games :(

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #52 on: <03-28-12/1047:39> »
It looks like that:
1) Here comes the newbie
2) Makes 5 posts
3) Begin to comply that he ain`t able to get into some currently opened PbP, mostly because there are no openings
4) Opens his own PbP, saying that if he cannot play, he will at least GM, because he cant stand and he loves shadowrun and so on and so on
5) takes a week/few weeks for recruitement, applying whole set of houserules
6) in the first 10 IC posts players realize, that GM is hardly RAW literate (which doesnt matter, we are here to improve and learn)
7) At that time GM realizes that he wasnt prepared for such questions, number of posts, and whatever I know
8) GM disappears. Leaving in silence, not responding to PMs. As loud was the entrance, that big is players disappointment
9) Another newbie appears...

Not to discourage new GMs, I`d love to see this thread full of beautifull, living games, original stories, sucesfull teams and improving, growing characters.
Well in last 4 weeks this is 3rd game that ends that way. Only one who stands still is Serrious..praise you for it ;)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #53 on: <03-28-12/1056:48> »
It isn't just here, Xzy. Over on RPOL, these things tend to be cyclical. Lot of dead space there right now, too. The half-life of an online game is about 2 months, with rare exceptions. It is the reason so many of the people who play online tend to reuse concepts from games that never quite got played to completion.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters