NEWS

Runners and GMs vs. Canon

• 38 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <02-28-12/1425:09> »
Yeah, I've always treated it as the non-glowy Armor spell is Increase Body.

Would that increase your physical boxes temperarly now that i think about it? o.O' and your overflow boxes???? O.o'

Cast Increase Body and Increase Strength on the troll melee tank and just watch as things die.
Yes, yes it would. ;D

They're both derived from your Body stat, after all.

Badass.... <.< I'm totally going to make a mage with that now. Not that it's a big deal really, but i think it would be cool. :D

I'm guessing the Bold is what you said, and indeed, though if i recall correctly my troll bulletstopper would have a mage almost killing himself in drain to even attempt to increase his body which i believe is 12-15. Somewhere in that range which means you need to cast a minimum of a F12-F15 which is going to hurt most likely. xD It's doable tho!
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Crash_00

« Reply #31 on: <02-28-12/1435:04> »
Equally nasty on the enemies are Decrease Body and Willpower. Take away their CM boxes (and lower their armor limit in the case of body) while the spell lasts.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #32 on: <02-28-12/1518:06> »
Equally nasty on the enemies are Decrease Body and Willpower. Take away their CM boxes (and lower their armor limit in the case of body) while the spell lasts.

Just gotta use the Street Magic rules to make a LoS version, so you don't have to get geeked trying it.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <02-28-12/1538:06> »

Just gotta use the Street Magic rules to make a LoS version, so you don't have to get geeked trying it.

Yeah, indeed, I was about to say that it was touch spell....
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <03-04-12/1621:15> »
Unless you are fairly certain you can incapacitate an opponent with one, the decrease attribute spells are rarely worth it.  You can cast a Force: 5 decrease Willpower spell with one net success, and temporarily decrease someone's Willpower by a point - as long as you are sustaining the spell (which penalizes you, too).  Or, you can cast a Force: 5 stunbolt with one net success, and do 6 points of stun damage to someone.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <03-05-12/1645:10> »
Unless you are fairly certain you can incapacitate an opponent with one, the decrease attribute spells are rarely worth it.  You can cast a Force: 5 decrease Willpower spell with one net success, and temporarily decrease someone's Willpower by a point - as long as you are sustaining the spell (which penalizes you, too).  Or, you can cast a Force: 5 stunbolt with one net success, and do 6 points of stun damage to someone.

What are the odds of only getting 1 success? :P a Dice pool of around 12 will probably get 3 hits (if the enemy has the average human will 3 that will get 1 hit against their's. (4-1=3 hits)) This would cause the "average" human to go down to 0 will incapacitating them without actually inflicting any damage if I recall correctly. :D

Though it's mostly just player style and flavor.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #36 on: <03-05-12/1730:10> »
Using Decrease Body on a heavily armored troll, however, can be quite effective, if you get enough hits. Reduces their damage track, may make them take penalties from encumbrance, gives them fewer dice to resist damage, and so on.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mercer

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <03-05-12/1853:07> »
It's cheesy, but Decrease Charisma is probably the better choice for paralyzing a troll.  A F4 Decrease Logic would probably be enough to stop any non-techie or hermetic, and you could probably stop them with a F3 Decrease Strength. 

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <03-05-12/1901:32> »
It's cheesy, but Decrease Charisma is probably the better choice for paralyzing a troll.  A F4 Decrease Logic would probably be enough to stop any non-techie or hermetic, and you could probably stop them with a F3 Decrease Strength.

Indeed. Though it would difficult if you didn't turn it into a LOS spell. :D