NEWS

Current Ancient's Leader

• 24 Replies

shrike

• Chummer
  • The rep is dead. Long live the rep.
« on: <01-14-12/1347:48> »
I can't remember which book it was, but I was reading that Green Lucifer left Seattle and someone else is the new leader of the Ancients. Can anyone tell me in which book I can find this?
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #1 on: <01-14-12/1408:56> »
Either in one of the last Missions of season 3, or one of the first Missions of season 4 (I think this) was an adventure pulling the players into that decision.

I think the new leader will depend on what Mission results get reported back to CGL. I'll see if I can't dig up the title of that Mission.
Brandie Tarvin
Author / DBA / SR Freelancer
blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.net
Twitter: WannaBeWriter06

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

shrike

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <01-14-12/1416:32> »
Thanks
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <01-14-12/1532:13> »
As of Vice, Green Lucifer used his Seattle success to move up and run the entire West Coast operations of the Ancients go-gang.  His long time (as of Elven Fire, set in early 2053) co-leader Sting, was left in charge of the Metroplex Ancients.  The two of them had notoriously butted heads and had differences of opinion -- often regarding how independent versus Tir-connected the Seattle chapter should be -- for the better part of two decades.  Some of the Ancients feel that without Lucifer there to prod and irritate and motivate her, Sting is just going through the motions once she's (finally) made sole leader of the city's gang.

As of Ancient Pawns, a 2011 CMP adventure, there is a disruption in that new status quo.  Green Lucifer's Seattle-born son, Belial, a charismatic young elf who in many ways unites those Seattle and Tir-affiliated cliques within the gang, thinks that Sting is a little too ancient to be leading the Ancients.  The influx of Tir refugees has swollen their ranks, there's a lot of other young blood in the gang, and he doesn't want them to stagnate because Sting -- who has been leading the gang for decades in-universe and for multiple editions out-of-character -- is too set in her ways.

The adventure itself deals with his challenge to her authority, with the player characters in the middle of the selection process. 

As of right now, prior to that adventure being mass-published and made available, Sting is still the leader of the Seattle Ancients.  Once Ancient Pawns hits shelves...things can change.

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #4 on: <01-14-12/1534:30> »
Ah. Looks like someone else got the answer before I did.
Brandie Tarvin

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

shrike

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <01-14-12/1542:26> »
Thanks. I greatly appreciate it Critias (and Catadmin). Can't wait if/until the release of the CMP missions for sale. Love me some missions.  :)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <01-14-12/1544:54> »
Ah. Looks like someone else got the answer before I did.
Well, I kind of had a guy on the inside, leaking me information...'cause I wrote it.  ;)

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #7 on: <01-14-12/1545:35> »
As a note to anyone following this topic, I'd just like to mention again that fan actions in convention missions have a great capacity for affecting the metaplot of Shadowrun. Encourage your GMs to report the results of your misadventures to CGL. This helps us out more than you can know.

Plus, it's a lot of fun to incorporate the stuff that you peeps do into the story lines.
Brandie Tarvin

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <01-14-12/1551:29> »
As a note to anyone following this topic, I'd just like to mention again that fan actions in convention missions have a great capacity for affecting the metaplot of Shadowrun. Encourage your GMs to report the results of your misadventures to CGL. This helps us out more than you can know.

Plus, it's a lot of fun to incorporate the stuff that you peeps do into the story lines.
All that, PLUS it's always awesome to hear about how many different ways a group of random convention-going players can find to monkeywrench a published adventure.  It's great to hear how they solve a problem, create a problem, or kill a problem in exciting and creative ways. 

But, yes.  It was very much the intention of the adventure for it to really be one where it's clearly player characters and their awesomeness that is steering the metaplot, not the other way around.

shrike

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <01-14-12/1558:56> »
*snip* It was very much the intention of the adventure for it to really be one where it's clearly player characters and their awesomeness that is steering the metaplot, not the other way around.

This I like to see. I enjoy buying products from companies that listen to their customers. Plus, how cool would it be to buy a product where you had a hand in changing the metaplot?

nakano

• Chummer
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #10 on: <01-14-12/1634:20> »
Well, I kind of had a guy on the inside, leaking me information...'cause I wrote it.  ;)

/happydance

Loved 99 Bottles, and look forward to playing this at a con this year. 

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <01-14-12/1644:59> »
99 bottles of...  Whoa!  That's not beer!!!   :o
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #12 on: <01-14-12/1706:34> »

/happydance

Loved 99 Bottles, and look forward to playing this at a con this year.
Well, I'm not sure how much luck you'll have finding Ancient Pawns at any of the major cons this year.  It was run at Origins and Gencon and such last year, so this year it's -- theoretically -- due out for publishing/public release.  Hassle Bull about it.  I do.  ;)

There's a brand new batch of CMP adventures that'll be run at conventions this year...which reminds me, my supper break's over and I need to get back to writing.  Gotta get back to work if I'm gonna send these things in on time.  Four down, one to go.   8)

shrike

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <01-14-12/1715:58> »
Bull, please release Ancient Pawns. Also, consider yourself hassled. Err... Critias said to. He did. See:
*snip* Hassle Bull about it.  I do.  ;)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #14 on: <01-14-12/1719:08> »
Heheh.  In fairness, it's totally not Bull's fault, it's just that he's the guy I talk to.  There's kind of a bottleneck in the production process right now, in terms of the layout guy.  He's got a whole lot of other stuff on his plate, and formally pdf'ing and formatting Ancient Pawns isn't exactly a front burner project.