NEWS

Current Ancient's Leader

• 24 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <01-14-12/1734:33> »
Heheh.  In fairness, it's totally not Bull's fault, it's just that he's the guy I talk to.  There's kind of a bottleneck in the production process right now, in terms of the layout guy.  He's got a whole lot of other stuff on his plate, and formally pdf'ing and formatting Ancient Pawns isn't exactly a front burner project.
So...  Duct tape and threats from a ork-sized person until we have UGE and get some trolls?  :P

Nah, things are looking up for CGL from the production standpoint.  Art is still a bit iffy at times, but the writing is getting better, and it seems the new crew of writers are getting their feet under them for metaplot, which is a major selling point for Shadowrun.

Still, there's lots of Metaplot that could be picked up from items in the past, and run with using a new set of eyes and hands...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #16 on: <01-14-12/2245:56> »
Apparently I need to learn to do layout.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <01-15-12/1250:24> »
As a note to anyone following this topic, I'd just like to mention again that fan actions in convention missions have a great capacity for affecting the metaplot of Shadowrun. Encourage your GMs to report the results of your misadventures to CGL. This helps us out more than you can know.

Plus, it's a lot of fun to incorporate the stuff that you peeps do into the story lines.
And, don't forget, you can post the results on the forums here as well!

Fatal Error

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <01-15-12/1317:11> »
Now that is interesting! I had no idea that the reported results of Missions actually can influence the Metaplot for CGL. Thanks for the answers Critias and Catadmin, you two have just kindled an interest in Missions for me. Ever since I began to get heavily into SR4, Missions was about the only area of the game I haven't turned to yet. I might just have to check them out now and see if they are a good fit for my gaming group at some point.

By the way, this also helps because I was a bit unclear about who ran the Seattle Ancients as well at this point. I'd known that Sting and GL ran them, but the blurb that GL moved up made me question if Sting was still around or not. Thanks all!

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #19 on: <01-15-12/1450:51> »
You are very welcome. I'm sure Bull will be all kinds of happy to have more interest in Missions as well.
Brandie Tarvin
Author / DBA / SR Freelancer
blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.net
Twitter: WannaBeWriter06

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #20 on: <01-15-12/1528:37> »
From what it looks like, there's actually two metaplots this year with Missions, one involving an artifact, one involving the Ork Underground's attempt to become the new district of the Seattle Metroplex.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #21 on: <01-15-12/1725:36> »
You would be correct on both counts.
Brandie Tarvin
Author / DBA / SR Freelancer
blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.net
Twitter: WannaBeWriter06

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #22 on: <01-15-12/1747:12> »
And then there's stuff like Ancient Pawns, the CMP adventures, which may or may not be involved in those major metaplots.  So there's lots of stuff cooking at once.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-15-12/1753:49> »
Actually, the events of Ancient Pawns are semi canon. Riser refers to them and mentions Belial by name in the A Tale of Two Princes adventure in Artifacts Unbound.

The events referenced in AU do not exactly match up to what happens in Ancient Pawns, however.

Maded

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <05-13-12/2221:16> »
It's funny that I'm reading this now and finding out about Belial and Ancient Pawns. A while back before I'd ever even heard of any of these plotlines when I first picked up the SR420A, I ran a game that was based around the Elf girl in the group being GL's secret love-child. It ended with her being ambivalent about taking the reins, until GL left to take over the West Coast operations and kind of thrust her into the position.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the WAR ROOM!