NEWS

Killer Tofu Campaign

• 22 Replies

Soulbishop

• Newb
« on: <11-14-11/2334:52> »
In the dark of the night, your commlink chirps out an unfamiliar three chime notification. If you have windows or are outside, the night's dark is dotted with the lights of the city's late night denizens. The beauty is only broken up by the midnight rain, beating out a low thrum on the roof and window panes.

The message is from a new contact, you got set up with. Simone. Yeah that's the name Simone. The message in text; is presented in an elegant typeface, and reads as follows. "What beauty?! Oh what beauty, the night's dark presents to us. Oh what mercy it holds for the hungry wolves; for the truly hungry ones, it grants a reprieve from the all too revealing light of Sol. In the deep shadows of the night let us meet beneath Lunes's light. N40 45.47861 W73 59.13419. See you soon hungry cubs. See you soon."

If played in audio form the soft plucks on an acoustic guitar fade in and in a baritone voice with hints of Hispanic origins a man begins to speak. "Rouse and bid sleep adieu, the moon rises and strengthens shadows for you. Beneath its glow, here I bid you go. N40 45.47861 W73 59.13419" And it repeats until the message is terminated. 

At the end of either message a timer begins to countdown from 33 minutes towards 0. Plenty of time to get ready and get there but an awkward end to a message none the less.

jonvolodin

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-15-11/0041:34> »
When the message comes through I'm doing the old watchman's trick of leaning back in wood chair, boots on the window seal, drinking a glass of rye whiskey with the lights off.  From the window I can see the city lights and the short ally below.  There's a cat out there that peers out of the shadows now and again.  For a moment I think about blowing off this whole thing.  But here I'm sitting in a crappy apartment smelling various bad smells and with zero chance at getting the old life back.

So with nothing else to do.

I call up mapsoft and plug in the GPS corr's and then run a datasoft search on the address, names of persons or business related to the address, crime reports in the surrounding area of the address, and so on.  I contact my ex-partner at the force and simply leave the corr's in his voicemail without further comment.  Hell, what is there to say?

I get armed with the predator in the holster under the arm pit,  the sercurity back up on the arm slide, armored vest and leather jacket.  Four mags in the pocket as well as the fake SIN and a smile.

I call a taxi service and leave the shabby hole for my first night on the new job.
« Last Edit: <11-15-11/0043:21> by jonvolodin »

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-15-11/0105:35> »
'Ooh, seems Simone is a lyrical person.' While Lips walks to his wardrobe to pick his newest Berwick clothes, he take his commlink and open his mapsoft. He types in the map coordinates to see where he has to go.

Druid4Life

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <11-15-11/0333:29> »
As the Commlink chirps, Kensai is sitting on her Harley Davidson. "What a delight, what an absolute delight." After listing to the message she jumps on her bike and Drives off towards the meeting point in the dark of the night.

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <11-15-11/0446:56> »
Anderson picked up the comm message as he was sleeping in his apartment on the Eastside.  He picks up the message and it begins to play it's audio,  he rubs his face to try and wake himself enough to comprehend the message as he takes a look outside, realizing that it's the dead of night.  As he find out it's a potential job he fully wakes up as he heads towards his closet to put on his prodigal suit.  He loads up his Raector Sting into the concealable holster inside the jacket, grabs his public commlink and clips it to his belt, while slipping his shadowrun comm into his right pocket. Anderson sends a quick ping to his CHN to cancel his morning soykaf for the upcoming morning, for god only knows how long he may be away for the meet.

Anderson pings a drone taxi service as he takes the elevator downstairs, making sure his collar is straight before he reaches the bottom.  He gives a nod to the receptionist, unsure of who it really is since they change shifts all the time, before entering the taxi. 'I prefer the human touch when it comes to business, but you can't be picky when you're on a time limit' Anderson thought as the drone taxi driver drives him to the locale of the meet.

Soulbishop

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <11-15-11/0915:52> »

@Jonvolodin
Your datasoft pulls down a massive string of Italian restaurants and pizzerias surrounding "Old Time Square". Local crime reports are mostly related to vandalism, tagging and the like. The area has also experienced a bit of discrimination against daisies. Nothing else of note.
(waiting on flip will repost around 1 or 2)

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <11-15-11/1058:11> »
He calls a cap to take him to the location. While Lips waits for the car to arrive, he quickly summon a smaller combat spirit.

Summoning: 2 hits
Spirit (Force 3): 1 hits = 1 service
Drain: 3 hits = 0 damage

No big problem for Lips. Right after the fiery scheme appears, he dismiss it to the astral plan, so he can call him later, if problems occur, just in case.
The cap is waiting and drives Eric some blocks near the location of the coordinates. Lips open his umbrella and take a look at the surrounding area.

UnhappyYak

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <11-15-11/1203:46> »
Flip started a little as the three-tone chime rang in his ears. No wait, ear.  Where was his other earphone?  And who calls in the middle of the night, anyway?  Flip's head pounded.  He made a grab at his nightstand for his commlink and fumbled around a little bit with the empty bottles and other junk there until he felt a hard rectangle digging into his ribs - he hadn't ever taken the damn commlink out of his pocket.  He fished it out of an inside pocket and activated it, but the harsh light from the oLED screen was a little too painful.  Reminder: create a "hungover" screen setting, he thought as he piped the message to his one remaining earphone.  The guitar playing was nice and all, but it still took two or three listens to understand any of the content of the message over the gremlins playing drums in his head. 

Flip couldn't quite remember the details, but he somehow dragged himself from his apartment to the Growler sitting uncovered on the street next to his apartment.  Rain, he thought, of course.  He swung a short leg over the seat, pulled his goggles over his eyes, and began to drive.

There better be booze there, Flip thought with a sigh.
« Last Edit: <11-15-11/1651:31> by UnhappyYak »

Soulbishop

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <11-18-11/1203:56> »
As you all began to arrive you realize that this, this is "Old Time Square", after some funding and a few make overs it has come to be nothing more than a nice place to grab a bite to eat. In it's center stands a massive globe crafted of silver, the label in AR is Argus lunes. There are plenty of gang AR tags on it if you know what you are looking for. [Knowledge Street Gangs] The air around the square is pervaded with the scents of basil, oregano, and cheap wine. All around the square Italian Restaurants spam AR ads claiming to have the best soy tofu meat products in town, and the best artificial flavorings.

Standing beneath Argus you spot an elf slightly round in frame, with an caramel complexion, sporting a bright yellow and orange pin stripped zoot suit. He waves you over from a distance. His hair is a perfect coif, whether through the miracles of nano paste or holding gel it seems to defy gravity. His eyes shine a brilliant green the type of shine not even the best alphaware can mimic, but his smile seem to eclipse his eyes in brilliance. He speaks with the slightest hints of Hispanic heritage, and from a time long past "Hello I am so glad you can make it at such a late hour. I am Simone I'd shake your hand but. . . " He holds up his hands seemingly showing off a pair of leather gloves. [Perception] He smiles. "So is anyone hungry? I hear the pizzerias here serve nothing less than manufactured perfection. But in their defense it does smell damn good."

He inhales deeply and squints at you as if really looking at you for the first time. "Well let's not mince words or garlic for that matter," He chuckles at his own joke "you are here because you are hungry, I have some food for you but it may be a little too rare for you. This entree needs some tweaking with the recipe, but first we need to fire a cook, his name is Wesley Merik, he gets coffee at the Joe Buck Star Muggs everyday twice a day. Just as important we need his recipes too whatever he may have stored on his computer at home, in his head, and his office station as well." He pauses as if to think for a moment. "When you fire him go ahead and bring him back to me so I can pick his brain a bit, but do try not to make a scene." He flashes another smile. "Any questions?"

UnhappyYak

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <11-18-11/1523:26> »
By the time Flip got to the meet and found a parking spot a few blocks away, he was pretty much soaked. It took a little effort to dismount from his Growler in damp jeans, and water was seeping down his back underneath his armored jacket. On the plus side, he felt a little more awake and the headache had died down a bit. Maybe rain wasn't so bad after all...

*VROOM*

A truck sped through a nearby puddle.  The splash couldn't make him any wetter, but it did make him dirtier. Flip gathered his jacket around him and started walking. Stupid rain.

Ah, Times Square. Flip remembered this area pretty well, though it had changed some since the last time he was here when he was little.  He spotted a couple other members of the group and had to hustle on his short legs to keep up.  As Simone introduced himself, Flip glanced at the elf's gloved hands. (Perception - 3 hits)  As the meeting continued, Flip found himself losing interest. The elf was kind of a ponce and talked in circles, but at least he had money.  Speaking of that -

"Any questions?"

Flip raised his hand. "Uh, yeah. First, what does it pay?"

Larzarus

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <11-18-11/1930:10> »
When the guy waves at Lips, he start walking towards him and overview the area to look for the other team members.
Lips listen to Simone while he take a look at him, both in mundane and astral space. Thanks to his umbrella, no rain drops were on his glasses. He almost can count the number of eyelashs of Simone.

Perception:9 hits
Assensing: 4 hits

"Any questions?"

Flip raised his hand. "Uh, yeah. First, what does it pay?"

Lips thinks to himself, "Would be me first question too." He take a look at the other runners, to see who do the negotiation part. He never thought of himself as a good face, except maybe when dealing with spirits. What usually comes down to: 'Obey your Master!"

Lips was sure that Simone will wait with the crucial informations, like a picture or an adress until the team has agreed to do the job. And before Lips do that he wants to hear some numbers.

jonvolodin

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <11-18-11/2255:16> »
Jack stands slightly apart from the others, to the left of the dandy daisy- angled so the elf would have to shoot across his own body or turn to square up- if he was right handed-.  He watches the elf's hands (perception 3 hits), the crowd moving around ( noticing if anyone was paying undo attention to this meeting), has analyze running, and generally being a cop.

He runs a datasoft search on the chef's name.  A datasoft and a mapsoft search on the coffee shop.

There's was question of payment.  Jack threw out his own, "  Is he an armed angst-riddled food service worker or just cookie the happy chef?...  What's the time frame?... Where does he get dropped off- here? ...I don't like the idea of a coffeeshop- too public- do you have a problem with that? "

(OCC: Jack doesn't bombard the elf all at once, just asks his questions one at a time- I wrote it this way to save time.)

He keeps his demeanor relaxed and conversational.  When the elf answers he watches carefully to detect if the daisy has trouble telling the truth.
« Last Edit: <11-19-11/1852:04> by jonvolodin »

Druid4Life

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <11-19-11/0230:08> »
Kensai parks her bike around the corner, before walking into Old Time Square. Noticing the elf, Kensai heads over there, silently cursing herself that she even thought this would be a worthwhile job. Arriving just in time to overhear some Dwarf nearby sprout "Uh, yeah. First, what does it pay?"

Without thinking Kensai says out loud, "I'm in, I don't know what it the job is but I'm in"

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <11-19-11/2142:17> »
Mr. Anderson shows up a little late to the meet, since those pesky drone taxi services take longer routes to decrease the probibility of car accidents.  He quickly spots the group and joins the negotiations.  After a short repeat of the existing information he replies, "Okay, I'm in on the job,  but perhaps we can talk about the pay now that enough people have accepted to start the run..."

Soulbishop

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <11-23-11/0041:29> »
@Flip: You notice his fingers seem longer than your average anything.
@Lips: You clearly see Simone's hands are cybernetic with some sort of mod to the fingers that seems to have malfunctioned leaving them hyper extended and disjointed. In the astral the elf seems to be under the effects of spell of some sort, its signature is heavy with the emotion of  exhilaration and the scent of cigars and booze surely not a traditional school of magic
@Jack: You notice his fingers seem longer than your average anything. Your datasoft pulls up the gookipedia data on the JBSM franchise. They are known for their many subsidiary coffee shops and their unerring reproduction of flavors in their mostly soy based products. Nothing else out of the ordinary for a coffee shop. Your mapsoft pinpoints it to be clear across town.

"Oh, the pay, well you--" Simone is interrupted by an outburst. "I'm in, I don't know what it the job is but I'm in" immediately followed by a "Okay, I'm in on the job,  but perhaps we can talk about the pay now that enough people have accepted to start the run..." SImone rolls his eyes and continues "Well glad to hear it. As I was saying, you see it pays well 20k nuyen but only if my instructions--" 

Another interruption this time from the standoffish man. "Is he an armed angst-riddled food service worker or just cookie the happy chef?" SImone turns his gaze to the standoffish man. "Ah Mr. Jack how astute of you, this particular chef is not just a happy chef, he is a caring chef so to speak. He'd have a hard time- - ah what am I saying now I am all mixed up."

Simone starts again this time a bit more stern and to the point "I reserve the right to make deductions for every broken parameter." A snide smile plays across the elf's face. "Say you perhaps fire another chef or break some 'equipment', it's cost would be deducted from your pay." Simone nods as if he had just chastised a group of misbehaving children."The point of it is do the contract nothing more nothing less. Do it privately, with as little seen by others as possible and with out wrecking the kitchen or where ever you may find him."

"Now I will field the remainder of your questions." He nods to Jack. "The time frame is 48 hours from accepting the contract the earlier the better." He places his hands on his hip waiting for the next question. "Yes I will contact you when I am ready for the drop off." Simone looks around  him and spreads his arms. "It's all very public if you can get him alone and fire him in private be my guess but he is very busy." With a sigh Simone fixes his tie. "Any other questions?"