NEWS

[RECRUITING] Peach Fuzz

• 31 Replies

kirk

• Omae
« on: <11-11-11/1614:43> »
[edit. Because I had a flurry of responses at the last minute I'm going with EIGHT players. Yes, I changed my mind. We'll see what sort of nightmare it produces.]

I'm going to try this again, taking lessons to heart.  Recruiting up to six players for a CAS (mostly Atlanta) based PbP.

I will edit this first post to maintain currency.

#PlayerCharacterComments
1SichrBypassHuman Male Hacker
2ThermoMean BorisMinotaur Male Combat Muscle
3MistrorngeMuttMale Ork Rigger (almost the Archetype)
4XzylvadorRafaOrk Male Combat/Infiltrator
5SentinemodoButcherMale Ork Combat Medic (mage)
6NSweeneyDebbinMale Human Face/Adept
7FarothelSammyFemale Human Mage
8MirikonNekomusumiHuman Female Covert Ops Adept

"I want in" isn't going to get your name in one of those slots. The slots get filled as I receive and approve characters. I'll review for approval on receipt. NOTE: I don't need perfect, but it needs to meet the character restrictions (see next post).

I will run this with as few as two players. Assuming I have at least two players I will start on the 25th of November (day after Thanksgiving). If I get a full six-player roster before then I will begin then - the scenario is ready to roll.

PLAY RULES. I'd like posts no less than every other day, more frequent if you can manage it. I'll take a seven day silence if I have to. However, if you do not post for seven days and you do not send an explanation, I will drop you and open recruitment to fill your spot as soon as play allows. Your character will leave.

I am keeping your characters secret initially in case there are details you want/need hidden. However, with the exception of those details I will be posting them in the thread for other player reference.

For Atlanta (and North Georgia) as I see it in this year of 2072, see both the Atlanta Overview and more importantly Atlanta Nuts and Bolts.
« Last Edit: <11-14-11/2220:14> by kirk »

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-11-11/1624:15> »
Character Restrictions.
Standard 400 BP creation.
Any non-optional from SR4A, Runner's Companion, Unwired, Arsenal, Augmentation, and Street Magic is allowed.
Some optionals will be allowed; ask first.
Known NOT allowed: No infected, no drakes, no non-metahuman sapients (includes free sprites, free spirits, AIs, shapeshifters).
The Way of the Adept will be allowed.
I own most of the books and will consider allowing almost all. Ask first.

I insist you "play" your qualities. If you take uncouth or liar, for example, they will be held against you. Failure to play your quality will result in a negative Karma hit as they'll be removed.

TO SEND ME A CHARACTER: send me a PM with the basic. I will send you my email. I prefer you return a chummer file. I secondarily will accept a spreadsheet. I least like but will work with a text file.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #2 on: <11-12-11/0812:25> »
Bypass in...since he is in the area :)

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #3 on: <11-12-11/0906:38> »
what kind of game it's going to be? One off, long term campaign? sand box? mission or other ready scenario? your own creation?
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <11-12-11/0931:16> »
what kind of game it's going to be? One off, long term campaign? sand box? mission or other ready scenario? your own creation?
My own creation.

In an ideal world, this will expand to a long-term quasi-sandbox.  I've got three developed arcs that died stillborn last time I tried to PbP that I'd like to bring in. I've got five one-offs for the area, all of which have insertion and bailout points for the players. I'm not comfortable going outside my designated play zone, not till I'm more familiar with SR as a whole. With the developed elements -- plus my willingness to steal from the handful of pre-written missions -- I think I can cope with players going off the rails in every other way.

All that said, right now I'm running one "mission," self-created, that has the following objectives:
1) Fun (for both me and the players)
2) Get a serious handle on PbP GMing.
3) Weld a core group of players willing to either play more or play again with me as PbP GM.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-12-11/1229:57> »
a simple one off (like a mission designed to take 4 hours of gameplay take 3 to 5 months on PbP)
I am a little affraid of long term campaigns (though I am a GM, I know how difficult is to resist the grand scheme)

I'll create a runner and send him in.

Denver Missions
running 13

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #6 on: <11-12-11/1609:04> »
Ah, missed the update.
Just to avoid future confusion with fellow players: I won't be playing that exact character, but it'll be a lot like it. (Perhaps a little less powerful but more rounded, hopefully progressing if we manage to make this a well-running and long-going game.)

@Kirk: That char was made getting his 'ware through his Black Market Pipeline, so at a 10% discount. That allowed in yours too? (The quality itself doesn't really mention one way or the other.)
Also, story/background-wise, how experienced are we and do we know/worked with eachother?
Other... we seem pretty combat heavy , hope that won't be a problem.

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <11-12-11/1620:15> »
Ah, missed the update.
Just to avoid future confusion with fellow players: I won't be playing that exact character, but it'll be a lot like it. (Perhaps a little less powerful but more rounded, hopefully progressing if we manage to make this a well-running and long-going game.)

@Kirk: That char was made getting his 'ware through his Black Market Pipeline, so at a 10% discount. That allowed in yours too? (The quality itself doesn't really mention one way or the other.)
Also, story/background-wise, how experienced are we and do we know/worked with eachother?
Other... we seem pretty combat heavy , hope that won't be a problem.
Yes, I allow the pipeline to apply the 10% discount at Chargen.

also, none of the characters are 100%, but there's enough it's down to adjustments. (as you said, "a lot like it").

I'm going to allow the lot of you to decide if you know each other in any way before we get started. I was going to wait till I had a full roster to start that question. It won't be necessary so it's up to you all.

Finally, as i keep repeating, I don't care if the party is "unbalanced". In my experience in other games all that means is more challenge. It's my job as GM to ensure there is no sole solution that requires what you don't have. I want my players to have fun, to include playing the character they want to play and not some less desired "critical role".

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <11-12-11/1731:51> »
Just getting a quick message. I've got enough applicants in, and will be editing the first message to demonstrate that as well.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-12-11/1927:52> »
Eeps, that's really quick with the OOC 24 hour deadline.
Will do my best I guess... though I have to work both days this weekend. Would Monday be okay too? *beg*
(You seriously have no idea how stressful making a character is for someone who's incapable of making decisions.)

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <11-12-11/1948:04> »
Notice what the 24 hour is: if you decide you want to run an entirely different character instead of Whistler, you've got 24 hours to let me know, and get at least concept. Yes, I'll grant you through Monday (in fact, for everyone) to do more than concept if you're changing character.

But 24 hours to decide: Whistler, or not-whistler.

I still want to try to start by this time next week, so I will push a little bit.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <11-13-11/0423:44> »
A week should do.
Problem is we may have different ideas on what the concept means... So:

+Concept: Ork Sam Athlete Longarm/Melee & some Infiltration -> Yes. ('ware will probably be lightly different and some skills a point higher or lower.)

-Concept: Anything about Whistler's origin/background and things related to that (eg. Neg. Qualities) -> No. (For one, not making him a native american... just can't get a feeling for it. Might have fled from Europe... Or might be an ex-soldier, deserted or kicked out of service.)

Will try to have most of it done by monday evening (European time).
« Last Edit: <11-13-11/0720:45> by Xzylvador »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-13-11/0520:54> »
I've decided to take something else.  As I've seen that it's a character concept I play already on another PbP and otherwise it will get me confused.  So I'm going to take a mage (we haven't got that yet).  I'll PM you a concept somewhere today.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <11-13-11/0715:48> »
we have - buther is a mage, Kirk, just didn't noticed that ;)

Denver Missions
running 13

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <11-13-11/0734:46> »
we have - buther is a mage, Kirk, just didn't noticed that ;)

Sure, but if I see the description I think you're a combat/healer mage.  I was planning to take an ex-hollywood mage/spirit hunter.  While there will be skills and spells we have in common, there should be enough differences (and having two people who can lob stunbolts or turn people invisible can never hurt).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"