NEWS

[Recruitment] Hit the Ground Running - Full up for now

• 39 Replies

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« on: <11-06-11/0141:02> »
So, we've got a mess of openings in the HtGR game, and I'm looking for interested players.  You don't have to post every day or anything like that, just so long as you stay in communication - posting when you can and letting us know when you can't.  Communication is what makes this thing work.

Anyway, kicking it off from the top, we have three positions open and existing characters if you'd like to step into a vacated role.

Current existing characters:
Face - Johnny Hiro
Hacker - Yuri or Spider
Samurai - Bloody Mary

Take a look at those, or make a character of your own.  You don't absolutely need to play a Face, Hacker or Sam if that's not what you want, but do beware redundancy.  If you are going to create a new character, the rules are pretty simple.  400bp, all books (I reserve veto on zany bullshit,) and a free 1/4 fixer in Van Isherwood (loyalty improvable with bp at usual cost.) 

The plot so far:
The characters were contacted by Van Isherwood and told to go to a meet location.  This location, a mortuary, was where they met a veteran Runner named Alpha Blue.  Alpha blue, real name Erin Scott, had recently lost her brother, Neil Scott, in a public assassination.  The assassination has been linked to a company named Multitech who is attempting to cover up a leak of one of their blueprints which shows that the new chip they've designed has a serious flaw built in to make it cheaper to produce.  Alpha Blue has tasked the team to find the remaining blueprints so that this information can be released to the world, Multitech will lose face, and people involved no longer need to worry about being "silenced."

So far, the team has searched Neil's office, which produced no leads, but did provide some paydata and a rather large explosion, and the pawn shop of the electronics fence, "Rat" Vanian, who brought the blueprint to Neil in the first place.  Rat's shop with its dead workers led them to Rat's house, where the team currently has Rat subdued and ready to move.  It also introduced the team to another player in the mix, Clean Steve, a ruthless assassin who also has an unspecified interest in the events.
« Last Edit: <11-09-11/2316:04> by Kontact »

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #1 on: <11-06-11/0245:47> »
I'm already playing a game elsewhere on the forums, and thinking about a character in a second game, but, if no one else sticks their hand up, I'd be interested - I'd prefer to give others a chance to have a shot at it first.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <11-06-11/0659:16> »
I might not want to take up someone else's character, but I have a Face, Technomancer, or Sammy lying around that I could bring to the party.

Snake Charmer - Naga Face/Adept
Motoko Kusanagi - Human Technomancer (E-Scapist)
Faust - Human Street Samurai
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Rebles

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <11-06-11/1130:04> »
Hi Im rather new to Shadowrun but I would like to take up your Face char.
I could make my own If you would prefer it, but I dont mind taking over either, if the player is OK with it.
I could fill another role as well if you already got an replacement as Face.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-06-11/1255:26> »
I'm interested in filling the physical combatant role; I haven't gotten the chance to play that type of character yet. How should I submit a character - do you want a concept first, full sheet, or what?

Other questions: I'm not sure exactly which of your other players is still around. Can you maybe link to the remaining player's sheets so I can get an idea of what power level the game is at and a feel for the style, and avoid stepping on roles?

Are you OK with a not-pure-street-samurai character so long as they are filling the "violence with guns" role?

Do you allow Martial Arts?

Do you allow Ways?

(I have a few concepts I was considering, so don't feel obligated to allow something you don't really want).

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #5 on: <11-06-11/2104:20> »
The link to the OOC thread is in my Sig under HTGR if you want to check out the current lineup. 
We have Switchback, the part time face and puchwizard style adept.
We have Ghost, the hobo combat mage.
and
We have Jinx, the Rigger/gunner

Right now, the team's former hacker is being GMPC'd by me to keep things moving forward, but I can find a reason to get her out of there if no one wants to take over the role.  It's a well-built character, btw.

Umaro, I've got no problem with Ways or Martial arts.  I trust your judgement to know what's cheeseball, like the Iron Will mech suit and whatnot.

As to concept or character, post what you like, but if you could get out the skeleton of the character pretty quickly, I'd like that.  you can finish up the character and polish as needed, but I'd like to see boots on the ground moving things forward as soon as I can.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #6 on: <11-06-11/2116:58> »
I could make my own If you would prefer it, but I dont mind taking over either, if the player is OK with it.

So, in checking out the character, did you understand everything, or were there things you might need help with?

So that you know, Face is a demanding role since the face is generally the team's spokesman.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #7 on: <11-06-11/2128:29> »
I might not want to take up someone else's character, but I have a Face, Technomancer, or Sammy lying around that I could bring to the party.

Snake Charmer - Naga Face/Adept
Motoko Kusanagi - Human Technomancer (E-Scapist)
Faust - Human Street Samurai

Looks like the Technomancer is the likely candidate.  To let you know, there's not too much in the way of pure hacking to expect in the remainder of this run.  That's not to say that next run won't have more, but if that's the TM's only trick (which it usually is) then you might be stuck in a commenter role more than an active role.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <11-07-11/0151:58> »
Oh, that's not her only trick. There's also combat drones with LMGs, and other fun. I'll have the character up for review by Tuesday.

My Characters

Rebles

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <11-07-11/0331:49> »

So, in checking out the character, did you understand everything, or were there things you might need help with?

So that you know, Face is a demanding role since the face is generally the team's spokesman.

Well I do understand most of it.
Pulse Weave, CarnivoreGold and MonaLisa are the exceptions.
What I do understand is that I have to run around butt naked under my Mortimer of London Great Coat.. I assume you ignored that fact and let me wear zoe shirt and trousers without incurring armor penalty?

About Face being demanding.. well I think its less demanding then a hacker and I woudnt want to play a sam without some good backup hacker to defend my implants.

If you have someone else that wants to play face I have no problem to sidestep. I do have an idea for an mundane weapon spec with a bit more then a mild addiction.
« Last Edit: <11-07-11/0447:08> by Rebles »

funkytim

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <11-07-11/1043:15> »
Nice!!!!  More Players!!!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <11-07-11/1642:20> »
What sprawl are you operating out of?

My Characters

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-07-11/1852:48> »
Going to flesh this out/get a character sheet together soonishlike, but an "initial concept" post: "Sundance," a gnome hitman who's very, very upset about the whole "never hit puberty" thing, and acts like a macho badass to compensate. He's going to be a straight-up street samurai; since there's already an adept, melee combat is going to be tertiary for him. He should be OK at B&E type stuff as a secondary skillset.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #13 on: <11-07-11/2011:41> »
What sprawl are you operating out of?

Game's in Seattle.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #14 on: <11-07-11/2023:57> »
Would like to Propose my Face/infiltrator Character Crimson, as a Face Candidate.
Since her previous game died I am itching to play her again, but lately there has been no real opportunity to do so.

the link I provided is to a standard Character build with Chummer,
« Last Edit: <11-07-11/2117:00> by Kouryuu »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar