NEWS

[Recruitment] Hit the Ground Running - Full up for now

• 39 Replies

Rebles

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <11-10-11/1519:59> »
Hi just an FYI Im retracting my application. RL business.
(Yeah a nice first impression I know >_>)

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #31 on: <11-10-11/2001:21> »
If it is going to be an issue, I can dump the houseboat, and use the money to get a more substantial vehicle that can hide the drone?

If you're just going to roll a drone tank through the streets with a military weapon on the top, then that spits in the face of everyone who took some Stealth group.  I personally have no problem with the setup.  Steel lynx and a LMG isn't madness in the streets.  But the game doesn't differentiate between that and a Hachiman drone loaded with a freaking ship laser on it in terms of what's legal.  How's this sound.  Find 1000 yen to chameleon coat the gun if you can't free the cash to do up the whole drone.  You can do that just by switching from Ex Ex rounds to regular explosive rounds, and all you'd lose is the -1 AP.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #32 on: <11-10-11/2003:49> »
Hi just an FYI Im retracting my application. RL business.
(Yeah a nice first impression I know >_>)

It happens.  Hope your biz shakes out right.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <11-10-11/2023:04> »
An alternative (PS, I hate the legality rules too) is to remove the Ingram White Knight for now and instead put on an AK-97 with an external smartgun. The White Knight's big selling point is the magical gas-vent 5 system, which you don't need on a drone, and the AK-97 is Restricted rather than Forbidden. That means you can now license it. Mounted weapons can be swapped out easily so you can replace it with something else later if you want.

Comedy option: put an Lone Star FlashFlood Water Cannon on instead. More expensive, but ammo is free, it's actually remarkably effective, and it's hilarious.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #34 on: <11-11-11/0856:08> »
OK, changed things up. Got an up-armored Bulldog with a drone rack to hold the Lynx. Actually saved some cred with that switch, so I changed up my contacts a bit. Instead of a free sprite, her second contact is now her cat, a technocritter.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #35 on: <11-11-11/2327:16> »
Taking a pseudo-sapient critter as a contact?  You're going to have to let me know how you want that one to work.
Like a basic TM contact without any friends or knowledge skills?

As to the up armored bulldog.  Always a good choice to have something big and protected to run to when things get choppy.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <11-12-11/0109:57> »
Actually, Bastets have the following stats:

Quote from: Running Wild, page 191
Bastet (e-Cats, Technofelidae)
Bastets, named after the Egyptian cat goddess, are technocats. Members of this family range from domestic cats to predatory
felines. Like their Mundane counterparts, e-cats are self-centered, independent, and extremely curious. They often wander the
Matrix for hours while apparently sleeping, just watching data flow and constructs as they come and go to entertain themselves.
They are also adept in sneaking silently into hosts or using access to the Matrix as a hunting strategy to prey on their targets. See
Domestic Cat, p. 96 for physical statistics.
Average Resonance: 5
Firewall Response System Signal Matrix-VRInit IP
  Res      Res      Res   Res   Responsex2     3
Matrix Skills: Computer 3, Cybercombat 3, Hacking 3, Software 3
Complex Forms: Analyze 4, Blackout 4, Corrupt 3, Exploit 5, Spoof 3, Stealth 5

Emergent Powers: AR-Parallelism, Resonant Conditioning, Resonance Bond, Suppression, Technovantage (Flexible Touch)
Notes: As the most intelligent of the technocritters, bastets have a pseudo-sapience that can pass as sapience. Bastets can enter a Resonance Bond with metahumans.

So a decent hacker as backup can't hurt. And you can pay her in catnip and tuna. ;)

My Characters

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #37 on: <11-12-11/0231:41> »
Yeah, and physical stats like:
Domestic Cat
B  A  R  S  C  I  L  W  EDG  ESS  Init  IP
1  3  3  1  3  3  1  3  1/9  6  6  1
Frequency: Common
Movement: 10/40
Skills: Climbing 2, Infiltration 1, Perception 2, Tracking 2,
Unarmed Combat 2
Weaknesses: Fragile 2

But contacts have some pretty weird rules that just won't play with a puddytat as the character.  Like, the favor table and things such as that.  No big problems that I see, just the cat's not going to be able to loan you his car in a pinch or whatever so he's almost like half the contact you'd normally get.  I suppose I could just counter that with a real high chance that it's available to help.  After all, it's not like it's busy...
« Last Edit: <11-12-11/0233:50> by Kontact »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <11-12-11/0844:21> »
Or I could just say I have a Bastet at home, and change the contact to something else?

My Characters

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <11-14-11/1341:35> »
Changed the contact. Now an AI named Lady Godiva.

My Characters