NEWS

Pistons?

• 41 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <10-29-11/2038:54> »
All that crap Haze was talking about going after her...does Pistons have much in the way of combat skills?
Funny thing, you don't need close quarters combat when you 'improve' someone's Knight Errant rap sheet to include several major crimes, and then give the Knights running updates on the location of a 'wanted terrorist'.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <10-29-11/2044:59> »
Bull's standard "Carry Piece" is a Panther Assault Cannon.  Just 'cause you're a Hacker don't mean you don't know how to scrap.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #17 on: <10-29-11/2140:48> »
Bull's standard "Carry Piece" is a Panther Assault Cannon.  Just 'cause you're a Hacker don't mean you don't know how to scrap.

Actually, it's an Ares Squirt with Gamma Scopolimine.  His secondary is a Ruger Warhawk loaded with APDS.

Of course, he also keeps a Panther in every room in his house.  Including the Bathroom (Which came in handy once).  And in his van.

Just in case.

Bull

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« Reply #18 on: <10-29-11/2145:57> »
I said I wouldn't put *most* hackers in that category; Bull isn't "most hackers". :)

Haze looks like he'd be a fun antagonist to throw at some players, but power-wise, he seems like a villain of the week from Burn Notice.  ;D

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #19 on: <10-29-11/2218:26> »
I said I wouldn't put *most* hackers in that category; Bull isn't "most hackers". :)

Haze looks like he'd be a fun antagonist to throw at some players, but power-wise, he seems like a villain of the week from Burn Notice.  ;D

Raw power does not a threat make. One who can manipulate things or screw with your life can be worse than someone with a big gun. I have no problem fighting by proxy if it is the most effective means of doing it.

And never..NEVER diss Burn Notice. Bad things happen to people that do....OK maybe not, but still don't do it...

;)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <10-29-11/2223:10> »
Of course, he also keeps a Panther in every room in his house.  Including the Bathroom (Which came in handy once).

Bull
Every character I've made has their home mapped out in my head, including where the food, pots and pans (In the case of the one guy that cooks), and concealed and not-so-concealed weapons are.

The bathroom is where I typically put explosives and shaped charges (At the very least a Claymore Mine), along with a flak "blanket" to go over the tub.

Most characters also have bed holsters, which I later found out actually exist IRL.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

jonathanc

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <10-29-11/2311:44> »

Raw power does not a threat make. One who can manipulate things or screw with your life can be worse than someone with a big gun. I have no problem fighting by proxy if it is the most effective means of doing it.

And never..NEVER diss Burn Notice. Bad things happen to people that do....OK maybe not, but still don't do it...

;)
Dude, I've been following Burn Notice since the pilot episode first aired. Suffice it to say that I am cool with Michael Westen and Co. That said, this past season was very mediocre until the last two episodes.

I realize that Haze's main threat is his ability to alter memories and influence people, but powers like that are put to the best use by smart people....Haze isn't all that smart. For example: he gave Pistons fair warning.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <10-29-11/2312:25> »
Isn't Haze also a Tempo Junkie?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

jonathanc

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <10-29-11/2314:09> »
As of Street Legends, he is "clean". And on the run from authorities in Salish and Seattle over that whole date rape thing from Ghost Cartels.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #24 on: <10-29-11/2318:53> »
Of course, he also keeps a Panther in every room in his house.  Including the Bathroom (Which came in handy once).

Bull
Every character I've made has their home mapped out in my head, including where the food, pots and pans (In the case of the one guy that cooks), and concealed and not-so-concealed weapons are.

The bathroom is where I typically put explosives and shaped charges (At the very least a Claymore Mine), along with a flak "blanket" to go over the tub.

Most characters also have bed holsters, which I later found out actually exist IRL.

Yes they do. I modified an old holster to fit along the side of my headboard. It was good to know that I had 13+1 of .45 ACP ready if anyone was stupid enough to break in at my old place. With a dog for an alarm, I had few worries. That was before I had kids and moved to a better neighborhood. Now, everything is locked up tight. But I can still get to my weapon quickly if need be.

Dude, I've been following Burn Notice since the pilot episode first aired. Suffice it to say that I am cool with Michael Westen and Co. That said, this past season was very mediocre until the last two episodes.

It was all buildup, but was worth it IMHO.

But speaking of Pistons/Haze, I wonder if anything else will come of this situation?
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #25 on: <10-29-11/2320:05> »
As of Street Legends, he is "clean". And on the run from authorities in Salish and Seattle over that whole date rape thing from Ghost Cartels.
Like any recovering addict, "clean" really means "hasn't fallen off the wagon recently". Once an addiction has its hooks in you, you can fight it, you can keep on the straight and narrow, but it never, ever lets you go, short of hooking yourself up to one of those brainwashing devices that literally wipes it out of your mind. Magic that alters memories is only partially effective, as the memories fade over time.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <10-29-11/2326:57> »
Like any recovering addict, "clean" really means "hasn't fallen off the wagon recently". Once an addiction has its hooks in you, you can fight it, you can keep on the straight and narrow, but it never, ever lets you go, short of hooking yourself up to one of those brainwashing devices that literally wipes it out of your mind. Magic that alters memories is only partially effective, as the memories fade over time.
As my Grandfather once told me, there's no such thing as an ex-alcoholic, only a dry one.  And he'd know.

Damn I miss him.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

jonathanc

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-30-11/0024:35> »

Bull

Yes they do. I modified an old holster to fit along the side of my headboard. It was good to know that I had 13+1 of .45 ACP ready if anyone was stupid enough to break in at my old place. With a dog for an alarm, I had few worries. That was before I had kids and moved to a better neighborhood. Now, everything is locked up tight. But I can still get to my weapon quickly if need be.

It was all buildup, but was worth it IMHO.

But speaking of Pistons/Haze, I wonder if anything else will come of this situation?
Knowing what I do about the "secret" of Tempo, Haze could easily fall further than he has.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #28 on: <10-30-11/0104:37> »
Maybe he's clean, but he's also lying to himself when he says he's not a junkie anymore. It's like the mob: Once in, never out. I speak from experience here.
« Last Edit: <10-30-11/0107:44> by Patrick Goodman »
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #29 on: <10-30-11/0106:20> »
Magic 8 Ball says, "It seems likely."
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator