NEWS

Horizon and the consensus

• 38 Replies

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #30 on: <11-04-11/2146:37> »
Yep. Great way to screw a bunch of runners, especially since metahumans are cheaper than drones, and a lot of runners have trouble shooting little kids. Of course, I fully expect to hear about metahuman biodrones before long. If Deus and Winternight could do stuff like that, the megas should be able to, before too long.

They probably have, and we just haven't heard about it...

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #31 on: <11-04-11/2212:48> »
I wonder what a metahuman biodrone costs? I have a couple characters that wouldn't mind having one.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <11-04-11/2220:46> »
I wonder what a metahuman biodrone costs? I have a couple characters that wouldn't mind having one.

We'll make great pets!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <11-04-11/2246:06> »
Yep. Great way to screw a bunch of runners, especially since metahumans are cheaper than drones, and a lot of runners have trouble shooting little kids. Of course, I fully expect to hear about metahuman biodrones before long. If Deus and Winternight could do stuff like that, the megas should be able to, before too long.
I combined Winternight's God Chips with 2XS technology in my first campaign.

"Paris Hilton just picked up a picnic table and beat us with it.  Yes, I'm damned well surprised!" on asking what their initiatives were.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <11-05-11/0119:46> »

Proteus has had 'em for a while, and NeoNET had 'em before they switched to Novatech. (Heck, they *might* have had the basic tech back in the days of Fuchi.)

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <11-05-11/0201:54> »

Proteus has had 'em for a while, and NeoNET had 'em before they switched to Novatech. (Heck, they *might* have had the basic tech back in the days of Fuchi.)

Ah, Fuchi - that takes me back...

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <11-05-11/1120:18> »
Yeah, a few years back, we were making a few threads like "Fifty Fixers" and "Fifty Deckers", creating personas for NPCs that you could run into, making a nice archive for people. One of mine was a fellow known as Mr Fuchi. Mr FUchi was a decent decker but, as can be expected, he specialized in Fuchi designs. Trying to go deeper than ever before, he ran into what was, at the time, a new breed of psycotropic IC that rewrote his brain to be a loyal customer and an addiction to Fuchi products. The damage cost him a step, of course, and he became more of a data merchant than a decker at that stage, but when Fuchi collapsed, things got interesting.

He couldn't scratch that itch.

The consumer protocols were etched into his brain. He *had* to get more Fuchi stuff.

But the company didn't exist.

So, over time, he's gotten somewhat feral, his brain tearing itself up as he obsessively quests for the fewer and fewer Fuchi tidbits out there, trying to hoard a collection. *Nobody* knows Fuchi stuff like he does now, and if you discover an old server or data archive, he can thread through it with unequaled ease, but every day that passes is one more day that he needs his Fuchi fix. He'll work for lunch boxes, tie clips, tickets from an old Fuchi corporate retreat ... anything.

He's a great example of the risks from going in, but he's also an amazing resource in the right area.

I'm terribly off topic, aren't I?

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #37 on: <11-05-11/1413:52> »
Thanks, now my evil GM mind is spinning towards combining wireless skills with cybermancy  and biological drones.

I guess the Consensus softball team is pretty good then. :o
Andrew Grim

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #38 on: <11-05-11/1658:15> »
They know where the batter is going to hit the ball before he's even on deck, and has the outfielder about to be in place for an easy catch already.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11