NEWS

Sean Laverty after the Rinelle ke'Tesrae

• 34 Replies

Lagernoggin

• Newb
« on: <08-23-11/1212:38> »
Can anyone point me to anything canon on Sean Laverty's location, activities, intentions or position since the TT revolution? In particular, what became of his estate that lay on the Portland wall (the wall, I know, isn't what it used to be), the Dunkelzahn holdings willed to him, and his current relationship with the TT government.

I have read the TT, and '58 sections in 6WA and the Lugh Surehand section in Street Legends. Any others I missed?

Does Laverty have the same kind of enemies Surehand does?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <08-23-11/1223:23> »
Can anyone point me to anything canon on Sean Laverty's location, activities, intentions or position since the TT revolution?
Nope.  A Tir Tairngire update is very, very, high on my "to-do" list, once I get the time to submit a formal proposal, for exactly this sort of reason.

Lagernoggin

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-23-11/1538:18> »
Thankee

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-03-11/1902:50> »
I've been kinda filtering in escaped nobles and hangers in into Seattle in the Tarislar area that are quietly investing in parts of it and building a Tir 'Compound' area that's tightly controlled and secured by Ancients and other sorts. I hadn't considered Laverty, but Lugh sightings have been call occasionally
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-03-11/1909:32> »
Tintagel, Surehand's Paladin who's mentioned in Street Legends, lives in Seattle (and hates it) and is an ex-Ghost combat mage who once ... You'd like him.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-03-11/1917:56> »
oooooh *looks at shiny tidbit of data*   8)
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-03-11/2022:47> »
He is awesome, and you will see him again.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #7 on: <09-22-11/1641:58> »
Some day, we need sourcebooks for specific areas of the Sixth World which cover the major historical events and changes in an area from SR1 to current day. I am trying to run a 2050s game right now, and material is hard to get my hands on. Plus, i have little time to read what i do have as there are so many separate sourcebooks. We need like a "Seattle through the ages" book or something.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <09-22-11/1650:17> »
Some day, we need sourcebooks for specific areas of the Sixth World which cover the major historical events and changes in an area from SR1 to current day. I am trying to run a 2050s game right now, and material is hard to get my hands on. Plus, i have little time to read what i do have as there are so many separate sourcebooks. We need like a "Seattle through the ages" book or something.
Sixth World Almanac is about the closest you'll get to that, I think. 

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-22-11/1652:08> »
Eh, that one is all right, but i am really looking for more depth in a single setting rather than a broad covering of hotspots around the world. as it is, i have to dig through multiple Seattle sourcebooks to compare and contrast the differences between the '50s and the current SR4 edition.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #10 on: <09-22-11/1655:11> »
Eh, that one is all right, but i am really looking for more depth in a single setting rather than a broad covering of hotspots around the world. as it is, i have to dig through multiple Seattle sourcebooks to compare and contrast the differences between the '50s and the current SR4 edition.
Right, but the problem then is folks bitching if they buy the latest and greatest Seattle book, and 80% of it is the last several Seattle books (with just 20% new material).  The material exists, and those that want to know about Seattle in 2050 can track down that book and read about it.  For folks that are only concerned with Seattle in 207_, the last thing we want to do is burden them with 20+ years of history they're not interested in (but are still paying for).

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-22-11/1709:22> »
hmm, true. i just kind of want to slap the books together. Maybe if i get better at pdf editing I'll just do it myself.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #12 on: <09-28-11/0353:15> »
I've been kinda filtering in escaped nobles and hangers in into Seattle in the Tarislar area that are quietly investing in parts of it and building a Tir 'Compound' area that's tightly controlled and secured by Ancients and other sorts. I hadn't considered Laverty, but Lugh sightings have been call occasionally
Don't the Ancients have a lot of reason to hate people like Lugh and the ones working with him?
Many of the Ancients were cast out of their "promised land" by those people and force to flee to Seattle where they end up living in dumps, joining gangs to be safe and have a chance at some food... No?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <09-28-11/0459:09> »
No, not really. The Ancients had ties (have?) to the upper nobility and possibly Princes. I can't recall (Critias does because he's an elf except for the ears. Though I did check when I met him face to face), but I know Crit said they do and that's good enough for me since I don't want to fo look.

Laésa is more of the outcasts. Tarislar was always outcasts, and for political reasons as close as I could tell.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #14 on: <09-28-11/1331:51> »
Don't the Ancients have a lot of reason to hate people like Lugh and the ones working with him?
Many of the Ancients were cast out of their "promised land" by those people and force to flee to Seattle where they end up living in dumps, joining gangs to be safe and have a chance at some food... No?
It's varied from edition to edition.  Particular Ancients (like GL) were exiled, yes.  Others (split with the Laesa) have more recently been refugees, yes;  but keep in mind those refugees could have been leaving the Tir for any number of reasons, so classifying them is hard (some could be diehard pro-Tir holdouts who aren't happy with how the coup went down, some could be love-all-metahuman types that left the Tir years and years ago because it was too elfy for their liking).  There have also always been strong signs of the Ancients using Sperethiel to communicate, and integrating Tir-style rites and rituals into their own gang initiations and intergang rivalries, suggesting a favorable impression of things back in the Tir.

At times it's been hinted -- or outright stated, even, but I don't have books with me here on campus to cite anything -- that a whole bunch of them are ex-military (which makes sense given the Tir's mandatory service), but also that many are specifically specops types (and given the quasi-mystical side of oaths and ranks in the Tir, being a Ghost means being pretty damned loyal to one Prince or another).  Also, you've got to look at their history of successful smuggling (guns and people in particular) in and out of the Tir; logically there's no way they could have done that without connections high up, and those connections have been mentioned before.  The presence of a chapter inside the Tir doesn't explain away that level of success, given the page after page about paranoid border security back in the Tir's golden age.

Some are disgruntled exiles, but some aren't.  The ones who are pissed off and cranky about it are fine with being pissed off and cranky, the ones with high-up contacts use those high-up contacts, so that while the rank-and-file may or may not care in the slightest about the goings-on of Tir Princes, those with a little more time in the game, a little more refined thinking, and those useful contacts, likely steer the gang -- overall -- in a vaguely "pro-Tir" or at least "maintain ties with those who are pro-Tir" direction.