NEWS

Sean Laverty after the Rinelle ke'Tesrae

• 34 Replies

RainsEyes

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <09-30-11/0803:22> »
Guys, excuse my poor English.
Here in Germany we have that long running fantasy RPG with the same problem: how to keep the world up to date in different geographical regions?
Several years ago they introduced a bi-monthly magazine which updates every regions ongoing timeline - what about such a product? Woluldnt it be easier if you distribute regions to different authors who keep them in development and "on track" within the big picture? IMO it would be better than as it is now, where tidbits of information are scattered without any structure in most of the sourcebooks which makes it almost impossible to keep track of.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <09-30-11/1507:01> »
That is an interesting idea.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #17 on: <10-04-11/0114:03> »
... though it has been tried before.  Anyone remember Ka-ge??
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #18 on: <10-04-11/0137:50> »
... though it has been tried before.  Anyone remember Ka-ge??

Remember? Yes. Read/Have-a-copy? No.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <10-04-11/1801:18> »
It lasted for a whole 13 issues (I think).

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #20 on: <10-05-11/0322:59> »
It lasted for a whole 13 issues (I think).

Yep. The TSS had more issues, IIRC.

RainsEyes

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <10-05-11/0805:12> »
Well, KA-GE and other fanzines have the problem that the information is mostly declared as non-official so its not interesting for the hardcore fans because anything you have there can go against canon. But a canon... lets call it "World Update"-Product in the form of, lets say, online news or sth would be a thing a would go for.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #22 on: <10-05-11/1049:46> »
Can anyone point me to anything canon on Sean Laverty's location, activities, intentions or position since the TT revolution?
Nope.  A Tir Tairngire update is very, very, high on my "to-do" list, once I get the time to submit a formal proposal, for exactly this sort of reason.

I know that this may sound a bit ... smitable... but please, if you would write this update...can you pretend...that WAR! never happened?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <10-20-11/1919:03> »
As I mentioned in the AU thread, and hinted at here, Alexander "Alec" Tintagel appears in Artifacts Unbound (stats on pp. 134-35, picture of the handsome devil on Page 134).

Tint is a badass. He deserves a proper writeup one of these days. Maybe not for a Street Legends supplement (especially since he's now statted), but maybe enhanced fiction or SOTA or something. In AU he is fulfilling his main purpose as a Surehand's paladin by being a field operative, but he does other stuff.

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <10-24-11/1449:31> »
I know this is off topic, but why the hate on WAR? Did this book touch people in bad places I apparently don't have? I tried to find threads on it, but my search fu sucks. Not looking for a debate, just a why the hate?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <10-24-11/1519:44> »
Many people, for various and sundry reasons, feel it is a shoddy product.  For example Bogata is described as being in the jungle and having a port.

I don't have it, and frankly, with the folks I've seen describe its problems being folks I trust opinion-wise, I'm going to stay away from it until there is a compelling reason not to, like errata maybe.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #26 on: <10-24-11/1537:56> »
Many people, for various and sundry reasons, feel it is a shoddy product.  For example Bogata is described as being in the jungle and having a port.

I don't have it, and frankly, with the folks I've seen describe its problems being folks I trust opinion-wise, I'm going to stay away from it until there is a compelling reason not to, like errata maybe.
Huh... I just double-checked my copy of War! and I don't see any mention of a port in Bogotá. In fact, during the Getting In section, it only mentions flying in or driving in.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #27 on: <10-24-11/1548:29> »
Someone said something about a map in another thread. Dunno; haven't done much with War! yet.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <10-24-11/1559:24> »
Someone said something about a map in another thread. Dunno; haven't done much with War! yet.
That's interesting, since one of the biggest complaints was that War! didn't have a map of Bogata.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #29 on: <10-24-11/1626:35> »
Huh... I just double-checked my copy of War! and I don't see any mention of a port in Bogotá. In fact, during the Getting In section, it only mentions flying in or driving in.
Deadly Waters mentions the port, actually, so it'll also be in the RBB.  The Shadowtalk in that book is horrible, however.

That's interesting, since one of the biggest complaints was that War! didn't have a map of Bogata.
The lack of a map is one of my biggest gripes.

The book felt...  Forced and unreadable.  Too many fingers or not enough editing time, I think.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11