NEWS

Your thoughts on a run

• 44 Replies

Flagnine1

• Newb
« on: <08-17-11/1612:24> »
So the basic premise of this run is that a rich entrepreneur daughter has fallen in love with a trideo (or other media) cast of shadowrunning. She manages to find a fixer that will work with her. because of her location and what she wants her fixer contacts your fixer. The job is to fake kidnap her while in route to or from school. Protect her during her time slumming. Do a simple hit on a rival warehouse. And ransom her back to daddy.

during the kidnap part the players have to somehow stop the car take out the bodyguard and driver without killing them and get the girls and be gone before the authorities show up. The car is a typical sedan.

The team is offered 10,000 for a successful kidnap and can keep the ransom which should be around 50,000

for the warehouse part the girl either needs to tag along and generally get in the way or be left alone and get kidnapped by a local gang.

next is the ransom the key here is not getting traced back too. but the father has raked up a bunch of debt and cant pay. The daughter and heiress says that to get the 50,000 now they need to off the dad and collect the insurance, thus the team needs to make it look like an accident.

if successful the team will get the money and two contacts, the high society fixer and the girl.

any thoughts or tweaks would be appreciated.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #1 on: <08-17-11/1624:42> »
I like the concept...it's got a lot of hooks.

Of course, I tend to use those hooks for various Evil GMtm plot twists.   ;)

If the dad isn't in on it, you could do a lot of nasty stuff. Calling in a team of heavy hitters to get the girl back seems like a reasonable reaction. Also, whoever Daddy owes that debt to might see this as an chance to grab the girl for themselves.

You used the phrase "take out the bodyguard" and stated that they weren't supposed to kill anyone during the grab. Why just one bodyguard? Is the bodyguard a total badass? If left alive, is said badass going to go all Man on Fire and hunt the team with implacable badassery?

And, of course, it goes without saying that the daughter should be an utter, unmitigated, royal pain in the backside.  ;D  Insisting on coming along, being a total pampered whiny git, and a massive liability that has their payday firmly in her clutches. Even more problematic, maybe she's on board with the idea of killing off Daddy, but when it comes time to do the dirty deed, maybe she has a change of heart - who does the team really work for? Mommy? And can they assassinate Daddy in cold blood while Darling Daughter is watching...not just watching but "on the team"? She could totally ghost them.

Oh, I'm liking this scenario more and more...  :D

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
« Last Edit: <08-17-11/1627:41> by JoeNapalm »

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-17-11/1637:33> »
Heh. Or Daddy could think he's in on it, or even BE in on it. It's a setup for the trideo shadowrun team which is doing a defense/rescue.

... is darling princess an only child, or is there a backup heir waiting in the wings and trying to pull strings?

You're right, this has lots of hooks on which to hang a story.

BSOD

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-17-11/2015:25> »
When the girl suggests killing daddy, is it in despiration so the runners let her go, or is just much more of stone, cold, *****, the team might have previously thought. Cause if she is, she will have had plenty of opportunity to collect blackmail info on them for later.... 

Also i'm totally stealing this idea.  ;)

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-17-11/2241:40> »
I also like the idea and I'm going to "borrow" it for a session or two down the road. A lot of possibilities within it. :D

+1 for the idea!
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Flagnine1

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-17-11/2252:42> »
I'm glad you guys like it.
First off daddy doesn't know whats going on. Its meant to be an escape from an over protective father (no mother no siblings)

The bodyguards are set up right now as having the same stats a lonestar member and a Triad member SR4 pg 283-284. The no kill thing is because both the body guard and driver have been with her for several years and she more wants to give them the slip not hurt them.

the whole kill the father thing comes in the fact he is basically running the buisiness into the ground and the Heir is having none of it.

Cass100199

• Chummer
  • Truth hurts only if you're a dumba**.
« Reply #6 on: <08-17-11/2254:25> »
the whole kill the father thing comes in the fact he is basically running the buisiness into the ground and the Heir is having none of it.

Sounds like a desperate man with nothing to lose who just might do something crazy. Maybe Dad is an ex-runner....
You can't tell me what toys I can play with.

Bane

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <08-17-11/2255:22> »
I like...
Peace is a lie.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-17-11/2307:28> »

Sounds like a desperate man with nothing to lose who just might do something crazy. Maybe Dad is an ex-runner....

If so, the Shadowrunners of the group better come prepared. He may have more than a few tricks up his sleeve....

Though if he's an Ex-shadowrunner. Maybe HE wouldn't have any hesitance to shoot his own daughter. (though if that's true i'm not sure why he would pay the ransom.... <.<)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Cass100199

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <08-17-11/2311:56> »
the Shadowrunners of the group better come prepared

And that is the joy of knowing your group. Maybe I've been lucky, but I can usually predict with relative accuracy what my players are going to do.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-17-11/2313:49> »
the Shadowrunners of the group better come prepared

And that is the joy of knowing your group. Maybe I've been lucky, but I can usually predict with relative accuracy what my players are going to do.

^ I know what you mean there.

If I face them with a moral quandary, a lot of the time they take the "heros way" out. >.> I don't think any of them are cold hearted killers unfortunately, when they need to be.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <08-17-11/2324:23> »
If I face them with a moral quandary, a lot of the time they take the "heros way" out. >.> I don't think any of them are cold hearted killers unfortunately, when they need to be.
My group never had any moral issues dealing with things violently or criminally.  But I decided to throw them a curve ball one time when they needed to beat some information out of a dock worker (Who the Elven "Bio-Ninja" had met before and hated, as the guy stole his sword.  To be fair, said sword was in his CHEST at the time.), when they lay in wait at his house, only to find a bowling ball-sized hole in the wall.

The Pixie flew through, and found a crying woman, severely beaten.  Throwing the job to the wind, they head to the next door apartment (Having figured out what the "Bowling Ball" had really been), and tried to open the door.  Not only did it have five physical locks on it (Which the Pixie couldn't open from the inside as they were the "Double-Key" type), but the door was literally nailed shut from the outside.

The group decided to lay in wait in a different apartment altogether for someone else to come home.  They didn't even bother asking questions as the beatdown happened.

They got an extra point of Karma, and, I had already factored in a previously-mentioned situation where there was overtime at the docks, so they were still able to get the info they needed, although they had to change approaches.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-17-11/2328:07> »
My group never had any moral issues dealing with things violently or criminally.  But I decided to throw them a curve ball one time when they needed to beat some information out of a dock worker (Who the Elven "Bio-Ninja" had met before and hated, as the guy stole his sword.  To be fair, said sword was in his CHEST at the time.), when they lay in wait at his house, only to find a bowling ball-sized hole in the wall.

The Pixie flew through, and found a crying woman, severely beaten.  Throwing the job to the wind, they head to the next door apartment (Having figured out what the "Bowling Ball" had really been), and tried to open the door.  Not only did it have five physical locks on it (Which the Pixie couldn't open from the inside as they were the "Double-Key" type), but the door was literally nailed shut from the outside.

The group decided to lay in wait in a different apartment altogether for someone else to come home.  They didn't even bother asking questions as the beatdown happened.

They got an extra point of Karma, and, I had already factored in a previously-mentioned situation where there was overtime at the docks, so they were still able to get the info they needed, although they had to change approaches.

I must be missing something here, what was the bowling ball? A cannon? a head bashing through the wall? o.O'

Cass100199

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <08-17-11/2330:17> »
Now, what if they had decided to rough him up for info, without the prior history, and broke into his home to find a couple of kids and wife?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #14 on: <08-17-11/2335:44> »
A crying, beaten woman locked in apartment whose door has been NAILED shut, and has a hole in the wall about the size of a person's head (Or a bowling ball.).  There were also other holes in the wall that didn't go all the way through, about the size of a fist or other portions of anatomy (I hadn't mentioned that in my previous post, sorry.).

If you're missing something, I'll point it right out:  Spousal Abuse.  Physical, social, and psychological.

Worst part was that I had her begging them not to hurt him, as he "Didn't hurt her too bad.", "Only did it when she deserved it.", and "Was a good provider."

One finally lead her to a taxi and intimidated the driver to drop her off at a shelter and ensure she got in under pain of "Hear that guy screaming in there?  You'll wish you were him."

I wanted to drive home the point that corporations and dragons weren't the only monsters the group was going to have to face...  And, also, to show that the more things change...
Now, what if they had decided to rough him up for info, without the prior history, and broke into his home to find a couple of kids and wife?
That was planned for another game, but the campaign fell apart.  And would have brought up the question, "Now, are YOU monsters as well?"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11