NEWS

Magic Rating and Initiation

• 47 Replies

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #30 on: <07-11-11/0609:31> »
You mean changing (Power / Drain) ratio?

Yep, something like that.

But again, not having to design it from scratch. You don't see street sam's or hackers spending months studying how their new gun/program works in any new sourcebook....
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #31 on: <07-11-11/0614:08> »
Welll, awakening happends only a 60 yers back, so technology would have an upper hand for a while...

serraphin

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <07-11-11/0814:50> »
Man, i need more schoolerisering.  :o

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <07-11-11/0821:29> »
Man, i need more schoolerisering.  :o

Man...I need a translator to know what that word means...but Google doesnt help  ;D

WareWolf

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <07-11-11/1651:49> »
Does anyone know the page number and book of the optional rule that allows adepts to take a power point instead of a metamagic at initiation? My co-GM and I could not find it even though we both know it exists and had read it before. Very embarrassing.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <07-11-11/1706:40> »
errrr...sorry, searched throught Street maic, SRA and digital grimoire recveals nothing :(

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #36 on: <07-11-11/1812:44> »
Does anyone know the page number and book of the optional rule that allows adepts to take a power point instead of a metamagic at initiation? My co-GM and I could not find it even though we both know it exists and had read it before. Very embarrassing.
Dammit...don't have my books handy.

From memory it was in the opening description of Initiation in the SR4A section. It's only a single byline in the description, but I'd bet money it's there somewhere....

But from people's failed searches, I won't bet a lot of money...
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #37 on: <07-12-11/0130:55> »
It was in one printing of Street Magic, and then was removed.  It's a little hard to pin it down, as a result.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <07-12-11/0216:54> »
It was in one printing of Street Magic, and then was removed.  It's a little hard to pin it down, as a result.

So that is why searching my 3rd print leads me to:

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #39 on: <07-12-11/0219:13> »
I think it's the 2nd printing that had it, FWIW.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <07-12-11/0823:24> »
Not really that hard to spin down.
It's third entry from top on the right side row in Street Magic errata or alternatively on page 31 of the Street Magics  second printing ;)
« Last Edit: <07-12-11/0827:37> by Mäx »
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <07-12-11/0848:27> »
Not really that hard to spin down.
It's third entry from top on the right side row in Street Magic errata or alternatively on page 31 of the Street Magics  second printing ;)

Well, this only leads me to one question...This errata aplies on first printing...is there any reason for this to be removed form Third print or it would be found in some future errata?

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #42 on: <07-12-11/1046:59> »
No comment has been made by Catalyst on the reversion of Street Magic to it's earlier state in the current printing.

Same thing for Arsenal being re-issued with all the errors still present. They took the time to go through the entire book and fix the page references to match the SR4A book, but for some reason did not think to apply the errata document they put out nearly three years ago.

Then again, Catalyst seems to have some internal policy about never ever discussing errata. The most I've ever seen them say is along the lines of, "We're all very busy and it will get done eventually." Go look at the errata forum. Out of all the hundreds of posts asking Catalyst about this or that errata, how many official replies were made? You can count them on one hand. And most of those were from around when the forums were started.

Catalyst. Seriously. While wanting to focus on the money-making new product rather than errata which is only a money drain is understandable, there is a point where "not enough time in the day" becomes a really thin excuse. When we're talking years later you kinda passed that point so far it's a tiny receding dot in the rearview mirror.

I'm not directing this at the freelancers. They've done good work. I'm directing this solely at the company, because the only good reason for this silence is some internal company directive not to publicly discuss it.

Guys. Sticking your head in the sand and pretending the problem doesn't exist does not make it go away. All it does is erode customer confidence, and this at a time when said confidence is at an all time low due to the last year's various problems.

-k
« Last Edit: <07-12-11/1113:50> by KarmaInferno »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #43 on: <07-12-11/1238:03> »
Please remember, KI, Street Magic was the last book produced by FanPro before Catalyst came into the picture. I'm sure they'd love to do a lot of errata for it when they get time, but it might also wind up being one of those projects that it would be easier to start from the drawing board.

Not to say I wouldn't love me some errata, because I would. But there could be plenty of logistic issues involved that we have no clue of.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #44 on: <07-12-11/1349:19> »
The issue with Street Magic is that errata was done for it, and in the next printing the errata was in fact incorporated into the book.

The latest print edition, however, for some reason reverted the book back to the 1st printing text, with all the errata gone.

This latest problem print edition is STILL in the stores, and has been for months now, with zero comment from Catalyst on why this happened or when or even if it's going to be fixed.

I can understand if it might take a bit of time to get the actual problem fixed, but to refuse to even say five words to indicate that you even know there's a problem...

-k