Belligerent player PWNED

• 35 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #30 on: <06-20-11/0033:48> »
Second that.

The point of game isn't to make it a morally enlightening experience. You can make it so if you play with children, but not when you're gaming with your chummers.

The point of a game is to have fun. If a player or GM isn't having it, it is a GM's fault.

True, I could care less what the character does IC if they are playing their character (not to be confused with being a jackass and pawning it off as such). My last group leaned towards the sociopath end of the spectrum, and that is fine. All I tell them is that there will be reprocussions for their actions. This is not me trying to correct them, but that there are honest in-game consiquences.

Like my previous example, you accidently hose a crimelords kin, there is a good chance you made an ememy. How they deal with this will determine if the problem is solved or made worse...and also gives ME as the GM more fodder for said adventure.
« Last Edit: <06-20-11/0439:04> by Mystic »
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

nojosecool

• Chummer
  • RE:PWN
« Reply #31 on: <06-20-11/0115:36> »
Thanks Mystic, that's the point I was trying to make all along.
This is not Grand Theft Auto, this is Shadowrun.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #32 on: <06-20-11/0441:10> »
Null sheen, chummer,
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Tex Muldoon

• Newb
  • Just squeeezzee the trigger?
« Reply #33 on: <06-21-11/0412:47> »
every action has a reaction. Plus gangs do not forget.

My own story goes like this. I started a game with people who had never played shadowrun but seen my play in my last session. I had this adept who wanted to play so I let him in the game, thinking it would be good for the others to have an experienced runner with the group. He starts off good but then starts bringing his laptop to play WoW. Strike one. He then gets mad at me when I won't repeat mission objectives to him and tries to belittle me in front of the rest of the newer players. Strike two. Finally he gets mad when I won't explain how is adept powers work or when he can use them, so he takes to not paying attention or doing naughty thing with himself mid run. To punish this bad behavior I let him meet the angry side of a group of ghouls. Watching him critical fail every roll was the dice gods reward for putting up with his shit for 5 weeks.
"You don't shoot til the can hits the ground" Snake Pliskin

Coldbringer

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <06-25-11/2332:55> »
I have a player who is a little, well a lot risk averse and when action turns to consequences he turns tail and then gets up set when other players steal the glory even if they are bleeding but walking at the end of the fight. Its always a challenge especially when its the opposite of his mentor spirits world view.
http://veggeek.wordpress.com
Gaming, pop culture and what not.

desdinova81

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <06-25-11/2348:41> »
We were doing prep work for our new groups first campaign the other day and one of the new guys asked my brother what to expect from me.  My brother laughed and said "As long as you don't act like a total jerk, everything is cool.  Get out of line and one of two things will happen:  Either you character will get a cow dropped on him from a passing cargo plane OR A twenty-ton snapping turtle will bite you in half...

It's been 10 years and he still remembers what happens when a player pisses me off lol
« Last Edit: <06-26-11/0003:24> by desdinova81 »