NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Save the girl, save thy souls (concluded)

• 101 Replies

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <03-27-11/0406:30> »
Calico hated jobs where morals get called in it only messes things up. She knew the job would get done either way and there is a possibility its not a kidnapping. Plus if it turns out to be a kidnapping and they still try to do the job she can kill them and protect the girl.

"I'm in."
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #31 on: <03-27-11/0925:21> »
After short but intense round of negotiations she looks at each of you in turn starting from Cursor, and finishing on Stryker. We've agreed then on thirty thousands nuyen, three thousands upfront. You will withing three days bring the girl to the safehouse at this address in Aurora Warrens.

Quote from: OOC
Regardless of the individual decisions of Stryker and Wilco I assume you didn't make an exit, but at least made a stay until the end of the dinner, since she is paying.

All I have for you is the name and the photograph. I’m sorry, but I just don’t have much else to go on with this one. The only other thing I can tell you is that her mother’s name is Donna Westmore. She’s a wage slave at Federated Boeing.

Once all the particulars of business are out of the way, you had time to enjoy quiet savory meal with Ms. Johnson. You make small talk about the weather, Denver gridlock, and last night’s Combat Biking match. All in all, it’s a nice little calm before the storm you know is coming. Your new employer is also a breath of fresh air: there aren’t many Johnsons who can put aside the business just like that and let themselves be a metahuman. She is very careful not to give away too much, however, and despite your solid hour of conversation it all ends with you not knowing one more piece of pertinent information about her than you knew before you walked into the grill.

It all ends with a round of fantastic cinnamon apple sopapillas and coffee. Then, you all stand together and make your way out of the restaurant. As you step out into the parking lot, Ms. Johnson casts you a glance and says, This is where we part ways. She removes her car keys from her pocket, looks each of you over one last time, and then gives a satisfactory little nod. Good luck. I’ll catch you later.

Catch? a man’s voice chimes in. You turn your head to see a group of men, dressed in gang colors, approaching; and they don’t look too happy. The speaker continues - The only thing you’re catching any time soon Lady Jade is a one way ticket straight to Hell.

You know what’s coming now. They draw their weapons. You draw yours. Everybody fires. Looks like it’s time to throw down.

And it was shaping up to be such a wonderful evening...

Quote from: OOC
Anyone with underworld knowledge make a test to recognize the gang colors. (1).
Make initiative rolls.
« Last Edit: <03-28-11/0354:26> by Sentinemodo »
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <03-27-11/0948:05> »
Underworld Politics 3 + Logic 5 (8d6.hits(5)=2)
Initiative (8d6.hits(5)=3)
Initiative 11
What kind of action is getting in the nearest cover?

"Wilco! Van! Now!"

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <03-27-11/1000:35> »
Underworld Politics 3 + Logic 5 (8d6.hits(5)=2)

The toughs are members of The Godz, Denver’s premiere go-gang.

Denver Missions
running 13

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <03-27-11/1146:57> »
wilco nods that hes in.

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <03-27-11/1450:45> »
Mata's hand hovers over the small revolver before pulling it up palms out and begins to harmonize his pitch. "Whoa! Whoa! Whatever this is, It can be handled without violence." Mata isnt entirely sure of that fact, but atleast he can get his team some time to think of a way out.

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <03-27-11/1728:03> »
Calico looks at the gangers then at Johnson seeing neither looked very happy. "Handled without violence? Yeah like that's going to happen." After saying that the Savalette Guardian in her right sleeve comes sliding down right into her hand.

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <03-27-11/2302:10> »
Wilco, grabs the dinner knife he was eating with and makes a bee line for the exit to get to the van. He is looking for cover as  he is making his exit. Dodgeing and weaving his way around people. times like this he's glad to be a dwarf hoping that his small size will atleast make it harder to spot him. If he happens to spot a fire alarm on his way out he will pull it. Then he sends a message to his teammates anyone close to the breaker box, if not Cursor can you take out the lights. I'll be at the van, preparing a drone to launch. Wilco, thinks a fly spy drone will be handy.

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <03-27-11/2320:41> »
Thanks Cursor, I apparently missed that detail.
Wilco then luanches a flyspy drone and will get the MP-5 out. Asks everyone if we want a fight or just grab the Johnson and get us all out of here. I do have an oil slick with the van if need be. It' will be difficult for them to follow us. He then addresses the situation, if we need to fight I can roll out the doberman, that should get their attention.
Init= 11

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <03-27-11/2323:16> »
"I vote get the frag out of here."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <03-28-11/0149:28> »
"I vote get the frag out of here."

I won't be running from scumbags like this.

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #41 on: <03-28-11/0848:37> »
Stryker turned, with quicksilver reflexes fueled through the elf's sheer willpower, and jumped forward towards the nearest cover, with magic arcing and swirling in his eyes. A huge arc of liquid spellfire jumped from his hand towards the at the front. He saw the Johnson reacting as fast as he did... Hoping that this won't make her a target, Stryker decided to try and get the enemy's attention. He had a good idea how to do that...
"Always take out the leader first. It weakens morale, reaction and maneuverability of the enemy squad. It's like blinding, deafening and dumbing down your opponent. And if possible, do it in a way that will strike fear in the hearts of his subordinates." - his Combat Tactics trainer voice roared like distant thunder through his head, as the arc of massive, almost uncontrollable power surged through the Spellweaver's body, burning like liquid silver. With the sound of the very threads of reality torn, and roaring, unstoppable power of the Manastreams the spell surged from Stryker's hand, hitting the enemy leader with massive force, pouring liquid magic into his body in deadly amounts.
Everyone saw the magic and light show - that was probably visible from a few blocks away - and most Awakened and spellcasters in the victinity suddenly flinched for a second. The team felt the surging magic also... But Stryker was an F/X like from a Karl Kombatmage trid. His hair suddenly turned pure silver, and silvery mist poured like smoke from his eyes. His voice distorted felt like a mental thunder that everyone heard. "Cover me!"
« Last Edit: <03-28-11/1526:13> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <03-29-11/1123:43> »
Wilco, shoots "Dammit chummers get in the van, so we can get the F@#K out of here." Then he reaches for a beer pops the top and as soon asw the last team member enters the van. He slaps it in gear and halls A$$. He sends the OCC comment to team on PM. As wilco is leaving if there are any gangers in his way he runs them over.

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <03-30-11/0443:28> »
As soon as the led starts flying Calico is setting her sights on the man in front. She lines up the shot and squeezes the trigger but then a blast of power flies past her and impacts on her target making her miss if the shot hit. She immediately takes off toward the van that picked her up earlier that day.

Fragging mages and their light shows. she thinks to herself while running. When Calico gets to the van she stops before getting in, crouches, and turns around. Seeing a ganger start moving toward Stryker she aims, her cybereyes zooming in on the man and squeezes off another round. Her target hits the ground dead a bullet right through his heart. Calico then hears a bullet fly past her head. Spinning slightly to the right her eyes focus in on another target. Bang. Thats two.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <03-31-11/0759:01> »
With their lieutenant gone, the remaining part went fast. Ms. Johnson or Lady Jade as they have called her knelt down and efficiently one by one removed the thugs. Loud, fast, and brutal is the name of the game. The Godz bodies are laying around. The blood and gore in plenty. The remaining ones bloodied hurriedly left the scene.

Lady Jade holsters her sidearm and turns to face you. Thanks for the help. You’ll get a little bonus for that when all this is done, I promise. Her eyes dart around the parking lot, and up and down the street, scanning for more trouble. For now though, we need to move. PuebSec’s bound to show up soon. She looks at you again. Go on, get out of here. And good luck. With that she heads to her car hastily.

« Last Edit: <03-31-11/0801:29> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13