NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Save the girl, save thy souls (concluded)

• 101 Replies

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <03-23-11/1843:45> »
Calico Cat couldn't believe it a kid, a fragging kid. Now she knew she couldn't turn down the job if the girl was in some kind of danger.
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <03-23-11/2314:30> »
Wilco, looks at the pic. Sends mata private message, target is a kid. That's kidnapping chummer. You need to try and get more info. Is she related to mrs. Johnson? Etc.... Wilco then looks up and comments "cute girl"

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <03-23-11/2321:28> »
Wilco sends a PM to group. Just to be up front, we do this and she hurts the girl. I'll have a beef to settle with Mrs. Johnson.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #18 on: <03-24-11/0553:54> »
Stryker still sits there silently, but he uses his trodes, hidden in his hair' to compose another message.
"I'm with Willco here. The girl cannot be harmed. If that's the reason, I'm not only out of the job, but against the Johnson. I'm a man of Honor. I don't just kidnap children, if there's no moral reason for it..."
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <03-24-11/0615:30> »
Calico looks at the picture again and her thoughts go  back to a different time in her life. She immediately cuts off those thoughts, she can go get drunk later she has work to do. She then responds to her new team.

"I'm hoping this is a rescue job and this woman is the kids mother but I can't tell. If this is kidnapping well...Mrs. Johnson is going to meet the business end of my gun." She then pauses for a moment before commenting on what Stryker said. "When would there ever be a moral reason for kidnapping a child?"

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-24-11/0959:04> »
"I'm putting a dossier together already. Let's put it this way, DNA extraction to Distraction to keeping her safe, fine. I doubt it's to kill her. I don't like it though. And Cat, Wilco, even if the jobs bad, even if she hurt the girl, attack a Johnson and you might never get work again.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #21 on: <03-24-11/1646:57> »

Eleven seconds of silence at the table full off people really make an awkward atmosphere. She's looking at each off you.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <03-24-11/1754:24> »
Cursor was able to find following:
1. Catherine Westmore is a daughter of Donna Westmore (researcher at Federated Boeing)
2. She is studying at Holm Elementary School (one of Denver’s most prestigious public schools)
3. The girl was born blind. Her eyes were replaced to correct this.

Denver Missions
running 13

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <03-24-11/2342:38> »
Wilco, looks at the pic. Sends mata private message, target is a kid. That's kidnapping chummer.

'In every sense of the word, yes' Mata texts back.

Mata reaches for the lighter and cigarette case before feigning a faux pau. "Sorry" he says as to excuse the forbidden material "I'm rather unused to these types of meeting held in such an upscale location." Mata leaves them on the table, the lighter fixed on the Johnson. "With the short flood of texts from my comrades here, we are in agreement about the safety of the package. It seems very fragile, and while we can guarentee...with not an unreasonable amount of certainty that we can deliver said package unharmed, it begs two issues. The first and by my comrades most important issue is the safety of the package once delivered." Mata let that hang in the air a short moment. "The second issue is to the amount of extra care we must administer in performing this. That being said, it isnt unreasonable for us to discuss both the issues of such care and the additional costs that might be incurred, is it?"

Mata texts: 'Lets see how comfortable we feel with the answers before we make any decision...soka?'

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-25-11/0550:33> »
So ka. I'll repeat. Your job is to perform the extraction and deliver the girl. From that point it is another team's responsibility. She paused for a moment. I have every intention to keep the girl unharmed.

Quote from: OOC
As far as you're able to tell via lie detection software or aura assenssing she is not lying on this and seem to be determined about that.

The other part of your statement is part of fee negotiation, we'll be rolling about that, for now we are accumulating the modifiers - I'll post them in other thread. We may roll now, but it will make the price final regardless of further info you might get from the conversation.
« Last Edit: <03-25-11/0825:49> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <03-25-11/2118:44> »
Cursor was a Technomancer first and a Merc second. He signed up to -escape-- being corpnapped like others. Especially tales of old otaku, some still kids, getting their heads cracked open. Not to mention Celine... She'd only just been taken...

"You better be about to tell us a phenomenally good reason. Before you shoot me down by threatening to find another team, you know any team you can trust not to harm a kid will question kidnapping a kid, so you'll have to explain to someone eventually. Might as well be us."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-26-11/0253:51> »
Ms. Johnson if you'd be so kind. You better be about to tell us a phenomenally good reason, Ms. Johnson. And no you don't need to know reasons - you are either in or out. And yes, there are others. You're just first recommendation. New faces, effective, that's all.

Denver Missions
running 13

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <03-26-11/1017:25> »
Calico is annoyed she could use that money rent and gear aren't cheap.

"Well this does not appear to be a job I'm willing to take. If you all could send me whatever data you've collected on Ms. Johnson and the girl I'd appreciate it. I think I'll check out the girl and see if she's in danger or if I threw a good job out."

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <03-26-11/1203:51> »
[Calico receives the dossier i put together when ever i get to do that 15 minute data search]

Cursor's eye visibly twitches. "Take the job MT/Stryker/Wilco/Cat. I'll go to make sure you're safe but I don't like this. BUT we won't screw up, another team might. I' just want to make sure the girls safe for as long as possible..."

"Ms. Johnson, I'm in, Ms. Johnson............Ms. Johnson."

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <03-26-11/1449:42> »
Mata Tabi nods his head in affirment as he speaks not as much to her as to the others in the team "I'm in. We're the best team to ensure the child is delivered safe, and as it's the intention to have the event happen regardless of who performs it, I sadly accept that fact and will use whatever assets available to deliver her unharmed."