NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Save the girl, save thy souls (concluded)

• 101 Replies

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #90 on: <04-09-11/1001:21> »
Calico Cat hefts her duffel over her shoulder and grabs the suitcase.

"Well chummers adios let me know if you ever need a gunhand." Calico says while leaving. As she walks out the door they hear her mumbling. Why couldn't it have just been some nice moral wetwork.
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #91 on: <04-09-11/1054:50> »
Stryker looks at him, and shakes his head. His conversation with Frost was short, and he decided to let Frost handle it. But he left him his number, just to be sure. And decided to keep a Watcher around the girl once in a while... He summoned one, and told it - a blue polyhedron of swirling manalines - to materialize in front of Frost, if he's alone, or just with the girl, and serve him as a third eye, also sending Frost a notice via commlink.

Quote from: Summoning a Watcher
Summoning: Magic(4)+Summoning(3) (7d6.hits(5)=2)
Drain(2S)Drain Resistance (10d6.hits(5)=0) Critical glitch. I'll downgrade it to a normal one, and take 2S damage... =='
Forgot about the +1 to rolls: 1d6.hits(5)=0, 1d6.hits(5)=0; As usual...

When his landlord came over, he was trying to focus on an article about Denver spirit world, but with the echoes of the rouge Manastream he tried to draw upon still in his mind it wasn't easy. He listened, and tried to hide his irritation...
"Yeah, I knew that would come up sooner or later. I don't kidnap children. That's why our team bailed out on the job - it involved kidnapping a little girl girl. You don't want me to do something like that, do you? If you want me gone, I'll find some other place. If not - I'm able to pay. And I'd be more interested in better accommodations, if you have these. With a space for work, or better two..."
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <04-09-11/1207:19> »
"I'm willing to help with some Matrix Security  on this place to help with Rent."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #93 on: <04-09-11/1720:33> »
Calico was first.

Calico wander out by the evening, from her house. Wondering if this is already over or not. The commlink stay silent. No calls, no run offers, even the standard matrix chatter died out, like she was being avoided.
Even Rick hadn't replied yet.

The evening came, and with it wageslaves started to disappear from the streets, giving place for a more nocturnal creatures. You suddenly see Rick The Arms Dealer, is sitting at the bench about fifty meters from you, down the the paved walking street. The shops are shedding lights on him. He doesn't seem all right, more like drunken or beaten.

on the other side of the street you see two street sams watching him, or rather not watching him but the surroundings. If they were expecting you, they haven't yet noticed you.

She checked to make sure her Wired Reflexes are on, and she usually keeps them on but better safe then sorry. Her eyes zoom in on Rick attempting to tell if he's hurt or not. This is just not my week I knew this job would bite me in the ass. Fragging morals. She thinks to herself. If the sams had any weapons, she wasn't able to see it.

Calico Cat shaked out her sleeves just to make sure in the event that she needs to use her hidden arm slides they're available. She then steps out of the shadow she was standing in and starts walking towards these punks who seem to have hurt her long time friend.

You seem occupied my friend, a soft woman voice whispered into your ear. at the same time you feel something hard pushing your back and hear the sound of removing safety from the gun.

No stupid moves - sit into the car. He'll be all right, wasn't us to violet his eye. But it played well.

As an orchestrated move a a green van parked. the door opened and a dwarf with a pistol in hand make an inviting gesture. Both sams fully aware of your presence turned toward you showing their HK MP5's close your way toward Rick. One going for clear shot against Rick, who seemed to be still unaware of anything happening around.

the van seems like the best option then So what's this all about. She asked entering. But as soon as she sit into the van the woman close in, and then there was an injection from the dwarf side. Everything went dark.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <04-09-11/1724:51> »
Wilco was second

Delivery boy brought another crate of beer. After the day like this he needed more than the usual amount to flush the regrets.
He popped out the beer. Drinked half with a first gulp.

His hand slumbered .. the bottle rolled over .. the beer was spilling on the floor .. so slowly .. oh so slowly ... and then eveyrthing went dark.

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <04-12-11/1733:34> »
Stryker was third

When his landlord came over, he was trying to focus on an article about Denver spirit world, but with the echoes of the rouge Manastream he tried to draw upon still in his mind it wasn't easy. He listened, and tried to hide his irritation...
"Yeah, I knew that would come up sooner or later. I don't kidnap children. That's why our team bailed out on the job - it involved kidnapping a little girl girl. You don't want me to do something like that, do you? If you want me gone, I'll find some other place. If not - I'm able to pay. And I'd be more interested in better accommodations, if you have these. With a space for work, or better two..."

You  talk as you go upstairs.
I don't really know the details, and you seem to be a good person, helping people and all. But I have a family on my own, so I must do such things sometimes ...
and you have another person occupying your room, that wasn't agreed, no?

As you enter the room of the appartments' owner and passed the door you felt something is wrong. The door closed, the owner duck behind the table.

A young fellow stepped out from behind the doors. We can make it peacefully or painfully - drop your weapons

Stryker looked at the guy with  a smirk, as he answered to his threat.  "Do I look armed to you?"

Yep, armed and dangerous magician according to my intel.

The spell hit from behind. Stryker felt the surge of power converging on his aura, but he raised his left fist, and with a sigh he quenched it with his own Mana. He felt the spell's power, so he spoke up before the mage behind him could repeat it.
"Please, stop it before you hurt yourself. I'm not that dangerous, as you can see. What do you want?"

To an almost comical effect. The face of the young men was expressing "You said you will have him down easily, moron" and a sigh in the same moment as Stryker "mages and their tricks" rushed to the attack swiftly dropping the mage prone and subduing him.

Half a second later he yelped in pain as mana erupted from Stryker. Another second later the young man disappeared, and Stryker taken off the ground with an invisible burden hunging at his back slowly suffocating him.

On the Astral plane, a call erupted - cal for help to the souls of man surrounding the block. And the souls were plenty. And the spirtis of Man appeared in responce, but even before he finished to gather his energies, the links of mystic energy between him and Stryker were brutally cut dispelling him into oblivion. Another spirit closed in, an angel of wrath with glorious golden eyes and sparkling fists. Stryker despite his strugles had no chance, when they landed and slammed him hard. His head slopped unconscious.

The young men appeared again. Swept the blood that was spilling from his mouth, spit on the floor. "Finally, I thought he'd never give up"

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <04-12-11/1752:25> »
Cursor got back to the Stryker's appartment from his city wanders. No job on horizon, which was pretty disappointing, but after last week, actually expected. His thoughts still on the kidnapping they have almost got manuevered into.

ping, ping, Cursor? A message arrived to his bionode. The cab is waiting outside. Green van. You have an invitation you shouldn't refuse. A pictures of Calico, Stryker and Wilco's are attached, all of them have closed eyes.

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <04-12-11/1833:39> »
Assuming I'm healed up by now.
"Son. Of. A. Bitch." He grabbed his silencer while his cyberarm popped his holster, he screwed it onto the Pred IV and Re-holstered, all the while typing with his mind "On my way." He moved one bolt to his pocket, leaving the rest in his duffel bag.

Compile Sleuth Sprite R.4: Compile (6d6.hits(5)=3)
Sprite resist (4d6.hits(5)=1)
Compiled with 2 tasks, I'll buy hits on the 2S fading. Optionl CF: Decrypt.
"Trace this photo", he was heading out the door.
1 task left.
Going down the stairs.
"I may lose contact soldiers, be ready." He mentally saluted his sprites.

There it is, the green van... Horrible colour... He stepped over quickly, hands in pockets.

As a wage slave passed cursor bumped into him, tripping over and laying sprawled eagle on the ground, cyberarm under the van.
"Slot! Watch it man! You better get your doc to put in better eyes!
His mechanical hand pushed the needle into the undercarriage as he pounded his other fist into the van door, apparently in anger. The sound concealed he stood up.
"Get outta here you stuffed suit, before i teach you to watch where you're going." The bolt now lay in the gutter.
"Open up before another wagezombie pisses me off, can you believe that guy?"

Activator Nanites R.6:
Vector: Contact, Inhalation, or Injection
Speed: 1 minute
Penetration: 0
Power: 8
Effect:A new hazard in the Sixth World, intruder nanites are a
specialized form of nanoinfectors. Intruders are hard machines
that carry simple firmware and are designed to subvert electronic
devices and cyberware. Once deployed—normally in a sticky
gel solution—they seek out the nearest input-output electronic
circuitry and feed the processor preprogrammed instruction sets.
Since this is a hardware-based attack, it circumvents standard
device protections (such as Firewalls). Specific effects must be preprogrammed
when the system is acquired. Once inside a person,
intruders will latch onto the first cyber system they find (barring a
called shot this is left to the gamemaster’s discretion).
Intruders have no Signal rating and rely on physical contact. To
subvert a device the intruder nanites must win in an Opposed Test
between their rating and the target item’s Device or System rating
(see Sample Devices, p. 214, SR4). While the user can simply command
an infected device to behave normally, the intruders will simply
re-execute their instruction set on the next Combat Turn (and will
continue to do so until deactivated or ordered to stop). A tag eraser
or system reboot destroys all of a device’s active intruders. Most intruders
cannot defeat encryption, so are ineffective against encrypted
devices (gremlins, however, are unaffected by encryption).
Activators: Activators infect wireless-capable devices and
perform one of two simple, yet annoying tasks: They either subscribe
the infected device to nodes without the user’s permission,
or open the device to universal unrestricted access. Such changes
in access status are not necessarily apparent if the device isn’t being
directly monitored.

I'm going for subscription to me

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <04-13-11/1622:14> »
Cursor was last

Before being invited into the van, two guns were pointed upon him (hold by a young woman and a dwarf), and a young man stepped out searching him out for weapons. Once completed he put on a cyber restraining manacles over the cursor arm disabling it.

Once inside a narcoject was applied. Standard procedure he managed to think and the darkness came.

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <04-13-11/1709:12> »
You wake up sitting on the metal stools screwed to the ground. They are standing in a row, probably leftoever of some production line deassembled decades ago. You seem to be tied to them with a metal links in a way the prevents you from slumping from them, but allow to move your heads freely. Your hands are tied behind you using the same kind of restraint. Stryker has been blindfolded, so he cannot see the styling of the abandonded warehouse like the rest of you. He also cannot see Ms. Johnson sitting on the stool before you.

Quote from: OOC
The area is matrix-free area, no coverage at all.
The area has also a negative background count of -2.
The area around you has been warded with a F5 barrier (Stryker can see the cubicle of wards built around you - just around you not around the warehouse)

Welcome drowsies. I can't believe that I've been granted the priviledge to meet you again. The newest star in the Denver's shadow firmament. The famous Quitters within my humble walls.

I can't believe you're so stupid as to spill the beans. If there is but one single thing you shouldn't have done it was to to tell anybody. I should have had you killed on the spot. And yet ... you saved my life. A debt for a debt, so you'll live.

I cannot let this happen again though, so some sort of reminder is in place. And that's why my mighty Quitters, I've gathered you here. Please bear no grudge to the fellows that has brought you here, nor for the punishment they'll extract on you very soon. The fault is all mine.

Your talkative mouths, have mightily increased the difficulty of the job that has to be done. Bringing you here has also been costly. You'll cover those expenses gladly I hope. For starter I'll have this magic trinket you have Mr. Stryker.
she waves the sword you have seen him carrying. For the remainder costs Yakuza was so kind as to vouch for each of you. It seems that Mr. Cursor proven to be a reliable in terms of paying off debts.

Now you have proven that already, that you cannot be called rational in the most obvious meaning of the word, so I'll tell it straight. If I see you again, you'll be killed, if you but raise a finger against any of my operations, you'll be killed. I guess that expecting a confirmation now would be a waste of time so I'll leave you in most capable hands of your replacements.
She nods to you, and leaves.

From behind you a young man and woman advance, with a dwarf standing aside with a medkit.
Regular bag punching begins. You soon learn the woman is called Jewels and the men Ruben. The dwarf's name is Dennis. You learn that because they freely chat among themselves, and generally treat it as a non-personal unarmed combat training. They are showing themselves punches and moves, on how to most effectively maim the opponent. As on offside comment you hear praises on what kind of fight Stryker put out, and what hell is to put down a mage without resorting to lethal force. There was a hint of admiration in the comments, that were only underscored by the punches.

The girl pounds at Calico and Cursor - hard luck, she may lack the skill but she seems to pack greater punch. Ruben unleashes his punches on Mata, Stryker and Wilco. Since this is the punishment you're meant to endure if any of you accidentally passes away Dennis step in, and skillfully sets you up online. All of this take a painfuly long time. By the end all of you are top-down, professionally beaten. Just to stand up will take one hell of self-motivation.

By the end there is nothing broken in you, just bruises and violet eyes that'll stay for several days if not weeks. Jewels and Ruben strikes highfive when all of you finally drop down to a barely alive level. Wiping the blood from the knuckles over the Cursor shirt, Ruben commented I hope you hold no hard feelings chummers, that's just a job even if it was fun. Whatever the Johnson says I'll buy you a beer if we meet. Somebody will free you soon.

Laughing aloud they leave. The lights go out. You hear the sound of locking gates. 
As the silence finally approached (well the silence of the sprawl suburbs, you hear a distant traffic, a low flying plane from time to time, a gunshots now and then). You hear Mata Tabi sigh Thanks guys, I owe you a big one this time ...

Quote from: OOC
To summarise your conditions:
- each of you have earned yourself an Enemy - Junko "Lady Jade" Tetsuya Connection Rating 3 and Incidence 1
- each of you have earned another notoriety point.
- each of you have also earned a street reputation point - even if they laugh at you now, they at least start to know who you are
- each of you is currently at 1 point of stun left and 1 point of physical left.
- each of you have 15 thousands nuyen debt against Denver Yakuza each, payable when possible, monthly interest 20%. You'll receive the visit to pay off half of the debt if it ever reach 30 thousands per individual.
« Last Edit: <04-13-11/1725:38> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <04-14-11/1556:59> »
Hours of waiting later, passed by cursing, nervous sleep, bickering at times you heard the locks have being undone, lights turned on.
Two young orcs run in and undid the metal bondings that have kept you sitting.
With tremendous effort, you didn't just slumped down on the ground, but kept face, and stood up. You almost hear the strain of you muscles.

The boys scrambled out as soon as Calico and Mata were free. Together they freed others. Your gear was laying in a heap nearby so you took it.

You made it outside the matrix deadzone. Calico called friend. The one that still counted. He was fine. Frost send someone to stone him good with a booze, and then to left him on the street for some beating from the nearby thrill gang. Nothing as serious as you did, and he accepted that you get some beating from time to time unless you're dead. Didn't even know he was being used during your extraction. Some young girl helped him get up from the street he was laying at. Bought him soycaf and asked him to wait until she call a friend to pick him. She hadn't returned. He was deeply shaken by the shape of Cat though and cursed for being stupid enough to be used like that.

He took his car, picked you up and drove you homes. On first night Mata, Chrona and Stryker slept in Wilco's Garage. Calico landed at Rick's place. All tries to refuse were denied.

The best care you're able to administer to yourself was to sleep. So you slept for 18 hours straight.

You ordered some medicines via the Garage agent and some food, applied them and went to sleep again. Next morning however you woke up to hear the news. They were bad and left you wonder what would happen had you not refused the job....

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: <04-14-11/1601:49> »
"Oh well done Jade. BRAVO."
Cursor punches a wall with his metal fist.