NEWS

Where's Harlequin? What happened to Renny and Haberstam

• 66 Replies

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« on: <03-09-11/2128:35> »
Seeing as it's 2011 I thought I'd ask what happened to Renny and Haberstam. I loved the novela at the end of the Virtual Realities book.

After Harlequins back what happen to old Harlequin besides a stint on Celopatra 25xx TV Show.

"Can't stop here it's bat country"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <03-09-11/2217:36> »
Haberstam has shown up, and I doubt he will again unless he pulls one hell of a rabbit out of his hat.  Good, bastard.

I think Harlequin is about due to return to the scene again sometime soon...  Be one hell of a ride when he does!  Wish I had been playing when his adventures had come out.    :(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-09-11/2228:12> »
Halberstam  was running a lab experimenting on TM's at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Hong Kong. He appears to have been killed during the TMs escape.               

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #3 on: <03-09-11/2232:34> »
Appears being the operative word.  He's been a bad penny before, he might show up again missing a few parts, and more insane than ever.

And I WAS trying to avoid spoilers and force people to look on their own.   :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-09-11/2256:22> »
Indeed he may. Wish there would have been more of his creepy self in there. Even without him it's a great book for getting the feel of what the emergence was like.

I figured, were the OP concerned about spoilers he'd not be asking for updates and anyone reading the Secret History threads should expect them. :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #5 on: <03-09-11/2301:48> »
Good point, sorry.

You know, aside from a few issues I have about some characters I want to use, I got an idea dealing with TMs and Emergence for some of my stories...

OK, Habby and his Happy Severed Heads (Sounds like a Trog Rock group, doesn't it?), and Harley (No, not that one, the other one!) have been accounted for...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-09-11/2312:03> »
It's been years since I read it, but I want to say Renny retired after the events in VR. Probably wrong tho.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <03-09-11/2315:56> »
Now, how about Dodger and Twist?

Kham is in the Old Ork's Home (Runner Havens, page 99), but the Bot’Kham are still around.  I've hinted that my Marty Sue, er, favorite Mr. Johnson has connections with them.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Pathica

• Newb
  • Eats paint chips
« Reply #8 on: <03-09-11/2317:20> »
Wish I had been playing when his adventures had come out.    :(
Fear I maybe dating myself... I've played both the old Harlequin adventures, once as player, and again as GM. It's kinda neat, I feel like I'm the one who 'kidnapped' Frosty, I read her new Jackpoint stuff and it's like: Hey I know you, you were some silly secretary running with a loser gang.
~There is no gravity, the world just sucks.~

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <03-09-11/2325:51> »
Wish I had been playing when his adventures had come out.    :(
Fear I maybe dating myself... I've played both the old Harlequin adventures, once as player, and again as GM. It's kinda neat, I feel like I'm the one who 'kidnapped' Frosty, I read her new Jackpoint stuff and it's like: Hey I know you, you were some silly secretary running with a loser gang.
Yeah!  I want that feeling!

Can't even find a GM in the city...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <03-09-11/2344:40> »
Fear I maybe dating myself...

Ha! Have no fear, chica, dating yourself here...well...look at the respect given to Fastjack :)

The fiction at the beginning of Dusk: Dawn of the Artifacts has Harlequin in it...seems he's been busy leveling his MMORPG characters, ha!
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <03-10-11/0042:39> »
Fear I maybe dating myself...

Ha! Have no fear, chica, dating yourself here...well...look at the respect given to Fastjack :)

The fiction at the beginning of Dusk: Dawn of the Artifacts has Harlequin in it...seems he's been busy leveling his MMORPG characters, ha!
Hmmm??

Yes, quite. ;)

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-10-11/0049:20> »
Fizzygoo does love that upon evoking Fastjack's name one does summon the elder like compiling a sprite in a UV host with a stick of bubblegum and an eldrich warhammer of doom.

:D
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

MK Ultra

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <03-10-11/0508:45> »
... I loved the novela at the end of the Virtual Realities book.

I´d love to read it. I tried to pick up VR on e-bay for several years, but never found it! Is the story re-printed or published online somewhere else?

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <03-12-11/0831:35> »
Maybe Catalyst will publish the Virtual Realities source book online? Or at least release the novela for free? It was one of my favorite Shadowrun stories.

One year for Halloween I went to a party dressed as Harlequin in a business suit. I brought a laser and shined it on all the gal's ummm yeah...I was pretty drunk at that party but I feel the drunker I got the more "in character" I was.
"Can't stop here it's bat country"