NEWS

Where would Saeder Krupp have an overt military presence?

• 34 Replies

johnny gaijin

• Newb
« on: <02-16-11/1906:59> »
working on a back story for an ex-saeder-krupp special forces type of unit and i'm trying to figure out where they could have been stationed (within the last 5 years or so) to see protracted combat.  preferably some third world jungle fighting vs guerrillas type scenario.  definitely looking for something they would have had to stick around to deal with rather than just an in and out mission.  any ideas?

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #1 on: <02-16-11/2042:46> »
working on a back story for an ex-saeder-krupp special forces type of unit and i'm trying to figure out where they could have been stationed (within the last 5 years or so) to see protracted combat.  preferably some third world jungle fighting vs guerrillas type scenario.  definitely looking for something they would have had to stick around to deal with rather than just an in and out mission.  any ideas?
1) Germany (or actually most of Europe)
2) Desert Wars (anywhere)
3) Clandestine Research lab (anywhere)

I don't know any character background here, but my vote would lean towards option 3)
Secret labs don't rotate security staff often, and due to their secrecy, can't just call for backup whenever there's a threat. Also, the more remote, the better (maybe an island?)

To match your jungle requirement, just put it in a tropical location such as Africa, Asia Minor, South America, Polynesia or even Australia.
There'd be plenty of threats there (both humanoid and, well, not!) to keep any military PC intensely occupado....

'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-18-11/1601:25> »
Their more overt militaristic presence would probably be:

SOX (For all the S-K bases/labs/other facilities, maintaining the military cordon with MET2k and the Bundeswehr, and Rad Wars)
Sahara/Maghreb (Desert Wars)
Gobi Desert (Desert Wars spinoff)
West Africa (You can get jungleish here)
Middle East (protecting Fatima Petrochem/other S-K interests)
Central Asia (New Silk Road)
Russia

IIRC, S-K has the largest military of any AAA, but that is still a Battalion. Then again, S-K also by canon doesn't distinguish between military and security assets.
Quote from: Corporate Shadowfiles, p. ... the Corporate Profiles aren't numbered, but it's in the S-K section
Individuals and entire squads often get transferred between the two forces with little warning.
So he could be SF or high-threat response (they are specifically referred to as being on-call in/just outside the SOX in Corp Download).
« Last Edit: <02-19-11/0256:31> by Crimsondude »

johnny gaijin

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-19-11/0116:35> »

West Africa (You can get jungle-[i']ish[/i] here)

thanks guys.  i'm thinking the niger river delta would be ideal. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #4 on: <02-19-11/0257:18> »
Lagos and surrounding are less probable the place with heavy SK pressance. According to Feral Cities, SK was pushed from this quite hard by other corporations and even if they are planning something, there will be a small amount of military advisors in the area right now. I think the heaviest presence, Scandinavian and German homeground excluded, would be Ukraine, Belarus and surrounding areas, where a lot of archeological research is beeing made by SK and lot of clashes between SK, Atlantean Foundation, DF and many more are fought over the sites...Lowfyr also have a heavy influence on Middle-East, So I would look there. And of course, Desert wars, as posted by others...

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-19-11/1306:19> »
In War they have a section on SK's attempt to take over Nepal. Mountains not jungle but it is the kind of warfare the OP is looking for.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <02-21-11/0207:40> »
"Where would Saeder Krupp have an overt military presence?"

Where ever it wants to! 

Badum-ching!   ;D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <02-21-11/0210:43> »
Overt Military Presence, Heavily Armed Secretary Pool...  What's the difference?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <02-21-11/0212:56> »
When your a AAA mega I really don't think there is one  :P
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #9 on: <02-21-11/1144:52> »
Secretarial Cyberzombies?  "SIR, YOUR.  FIFTEENHUNDRED O CLOCK.  APPOINTMENT.  HAS ARRIVED.  WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO.  SEND HIM/HER IN?  Y/N?"
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #10 on: <02-21-11/1551:33> »
More like Secretarial Drakes with assassin training.

Don't piss off the boss, even if he isn't the Dragon.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <02-21-11/1612:05> »
I'm still waiting for a cyborg dragon.  I'll be back, indeed.  This time with 64% less mercy!
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #12 on: <02-21-11/1757:43> »
I'm still waiting for a cyborg dragon.  I'll be back, indeed.  This time with 64% less mercy!
This is Shadowrun, not Riftstm

Please don't encourage/feed/pet the cyborg dragons....
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <02-21-11/1803:16> »
Never played much RIFTS.  Something about cheesing off the Gamemaster with the CCW license.  I was actually thinking of Fading Suns, of all things.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <03-22-11/0750:19> »
You might be thinking of Equinox, however.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."