NEWS

Where would Saeder Krupp have an overt military presence?

• 34 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <04-17-11/0940:24> »
It strikes me that the biggest limiter on AAA military might may be the inability to conscript.

Still; with many in SR being corporate citizens rather then national citizens, there is a smaller pool of conscripts available for national armies as well. And legally they could only pull from sinners, no?
I seriously doubt that. The megas employ millions of people. They probably have more citizens worldwide each than a lot of countries that do conscript.

And I'm sure they offer citizenship and SINs to non-citizens and SINless who serve.

Frankly the one thing holding then back as far as I have ever been able to tell is that numerous are g-d expensive to operate, and from an accounting perspective there is not enough to gain to justify them. Desert Wars at least makes them money through ad revenue and such. At the end of the day the corps exist to make their owners as much money as possible, and wars don't bring in a lot of revenue, but they accrue naive amounts of debt.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #31 on: <04-17-11/1045:55> »
Ad Revenues, Pay Per View, Purchases from 3rd World Dictators that have funding for military but not food...  Desert Wars is big business!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <04-17-11/1225:03> »
Charlie Huston's Deathlok mini starts out with a DW background and the guy who becomes half of Deathlok is the first person to have a billion-dollar endorsement because he is a superstar soldier who knows how to sell the image like he was a gladiator. They fight on these futuristic urban warzones with no end of dangerous toys and his specialty is killing people with KNIVES.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #33 on: <04-17-11/1254:32> »
Heh, makes me think of SLA industries. There a group may want to televise their takedown of a target for sponsor money, and may get a bonus if it is down up close and brutal rather then cleanly from a distance.

I swear, there must be something in the Scottish water...
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Kane

• Newb
  • Im not that pirate
« Reply #34 on: <04-20-11/2350:41> »
But But SLA is funny.