NEWS

Sins of the Fathers (or so) [Recruitment thread]

• 30 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-19-16/1133:45> »
Hey, boys and girls!

Our group, currently running in Sins of the Fathers is looking for a mage. Do you have
 a) interest in joining our team
 b) a mage you can play
 c) a little time to spare to post on a regular basis?

If so, please introduce yourself and your character here. We are a team which has been running for a while now and consists of
 - Slobbertooth, an ork gunslinger adept (SquirrelDude)
 - Torrent, an elf face adept (Sabato Kuroi)
 - Krestov, a troll walking wall with guns (SgtBoomCloud)
 - bnc, a human decker (me)
and are now looking for
 - magical support (not necessarily a dwarf) (you?)

We aim to post roughly 5 times a week. At the moment, we're stuck in a side campaign (Sins of the Fathers) and we can't predict at the moment whether we hire our magical support now (probably) or after the run (possibly). Details regarding starting karma and nuyen can then be discussed with our praised GM (JackSpade).

See you, folks
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #1 on: <04-19-16/1142:00> »
Ive actually been thinking about playing a mage. I can make one in a hurry if I need to post the sheet here.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-19-16/1303:08> »
I'd rather see a well thought out character - especially since he'll have an inplay job interview  ;D

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-19-16/1641:10> »
I'd rather see a well thought out character - especially since he'll have an inplay job interview  ;D

Actually I made him for Dragonfall so I know him inside and out... I get really into my characters when I rpg. I basically have him finished just spending some nuyen.

He is a Shadowrunner who basically had his career destroyed by rumors of him having CFD. He was born in a program to determine if symbiotes and platlet enhancements had an effect on the psyche of children. Turns out they DO! Good news is he learned spellslinging early on and after a brief explosion managed to escape. He became a runner obsessed with ware. He got a Hard Nanohive and the doctor decided to be a dick and spread the rumor around forcing him to have to find new employment under the new name: Lich. He is a Mystic Adept of the Burnout Way with the Chaos Magic Tradition. He is unusual because he, of his own volition, wanted the Burnout Way. As such he became super attuned to ware and he ended up getting all his stuff used but this also gave him the advantage of getting some high end skillwires and a skilljack. Among other things. He has healing and invisibility and a combat spell but prefers to mess with his enemies by creating chaos.
« Last Edit: <04-19-16/1657:23> by Raiderjoseph »
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-19-16/1658:05> »
Mystic Adept?
Be aware that the team is looking explicitly for someone to handle Astral Recon.
Also it might become a very interesting job interview with someone suspected to be a CFD victim  ;D
talk think matrix

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-19-16/1706:55> »
Make that mage.
Thoughts
Mentor

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-19-16/2145:00> »
Simon Casell, Formally known as "Kevin", Aka: Lich

He has a bleached pale white skin with black tattoos on his face to it looks like a skull. His jacket is a large but form fitting jet black trenchcoat with a lone red collar ascot. Yellow eyes and he is bald.

-- Priorities --
Metatype D (Elf)
Attributes D (14)
Magic B (Mystic Adept Magic 4)
Skills D (22)
Resources A (450,000)

-- Karma Expenditure --
25 Starting Karma
-10 for Prototype Transhuman
-5 for Biocompatibility (Cyberwear)
-8 for Focused Concentration (Flamethrower) Rating 2
+0 For Insomnia (10)
+10 for Weak Immune System
+5 for Distinctive Style
+7 for One of Them
+3 Prejudiced against Black Magic Tradition Users
-15 for Burnouts Way
-3 for Doc Cooper
-2 for Carl
-4 for 2 Power Points
-3 for Weapon Foci: Force 1 Katana
-1 for 2000 nuyen
Remaining

-- Attributes --
Body 2(3)
Agility 3
Reaction 2
Strength 2
Willpower 6
Logic 2
Intuition 5(6)
Charisma 3
Edge 1
Essence 4.00
Magic: 2

Initiative – 8-1d6
Physical Condition Monitor - 10
Stun Condition Monitor - 11
Overflow Boxes - 2
Physical Limit - 3
Mental Limit - 5
Social Limit - 6
Armor: 16
-- Qualities --

Mage: Chaos Magic Tradition
Prototype Transhuman
Biocompatibility (Cyberwear)
Focused Concentration (Chaos) Rating 2
Insomnia Rating 1
Weak Immune System
Distinctive Style
One of Them
Prejudiced Mild: Black Magic Tradition Users

-- Skills --
Spellcasting 4
Assenting 5
Intimidate 4
Summoning 4
Binding 4
Banishing 4
Astral Combat 5

-- Skill Groups --

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
English: N
Interests:
Magic Theory: 6
Ware Enhancements: 6
Street:
Safehouses: 2

-- Augmentations/Magic/Adept Powers --
Agillity Boost Rating 1
Strength Boost Rating 1
Reaction Boost Rating 1
Body Boost Rating 1
Enhanced Accuracy: Blades
Enhanced Accuracy: Automatics
Rapid Healing
Skilljack Rating 6 (Used)
Commlink (Fairflight Caliban) (Used)
Simrig (Used)
Skillwires Rating 6 (Used)
Plastic Bone Lacing (Used)
Dermal Plating Rating 1 (Used)
Hard Nanohive Rating 1: Tramua Control System (Normal)
Smartlink (Normal, Built into the eyes)
Prototype Transhuman:
Sleep Regulator
Damage Compensators: (3 boxes of Physical)
Symbiotes Rating 2
Platelet Factory
Manabolt
Stunbolt
Flamethrower
Detect Magic
Detect Magic Extended
Chaos
Chaos World

-- Gear --
-7500 for Used Commlink Augmentation: Fairflight Caliban
-3000 for Used Simrig
-90000 for Used Skilljack Rating 6
-4000 for Smartlink system built into eyes
-6000 for Used Plastic Bone Lacing
-2000 for Used Dermal Plating
-90000 for Used Skillwires
-17,000 for Platlet Factories
-7000 for Symbiotes Rating 2
-6000 for Damage Compensators
-12,000 for Sleep Regulators
-6000 for Magical Lodge Rating 6
-1000 for 50 Drams of Reagents
-7000 for Weapon Foci: Katana
Acc: 7(9) Reach: 1 Dmg: 6P Ap: -3
-25,000 for Doc Wagon Gold Contract 1 Year
-1000 Squatter (Decrepit Slum Apartment) 2 months
-3260 for AK-97 with Internal Smartgun System, Sling, and Gas Vent Rating 3 with 38 Rounds of Regular Ammo
Acc: 5(8) Dmg: 10P Ap: -2 Recoil: 3 Mode: SA,BF,FA Ammo: 38c
-765 for Spare AK-97 clip with 38 rounds of Regular Ammo
-765 for Spare AK-97 clip with 38 rounds of Regular Ammo
-4000 for Armor Jacket with Chemical Protection Rating 3, Insulation Rating 3, Fire Resistance Rating 3, Nonconductivity Rating 3
-100 for Helmet (Wide Brimmed Black Hat)
-150 for AR Gloves
-30000 for Sneaking 6 Activesoft
-30000 for Automatics 6 Activesoft
-30000 for Blades 6 Activesoft
-30000 for Perception 6 Activesoft
-10000 for Acrobatics 2 Activesoft
-10000 for Pilot Groundcraft 2 Activesoft
-2400 for Blades Tutorsoft Rating 6
-3000 for Japanese 3 Language Soft
-3000 for Italian 3 Language Soft
-10000 for Fake SIN (Andre Lore)
-800 for Firearm License
-800 for Magic License
-5 for Standard Credstick
-20 for Silver Credstick
-3000 for Dodge Scoot
Handl: 4/3 Speed: 3 Accel: 1 Body: 4 Armor: 4 Pilot: 1 Sensor: 1 Seats: 1
-750 for Medkit Rating 3
-200 for Medkit Supplies
-1000 for Renraku Sensei (Contains Fake SIN and Licenses)
-15 for Sling
-150 for Black Hoodie and Jeans with tennis shoes
-100 for Blue Hoodie with Jeans
-100 for T shirt and pajama shorts

Remaining Money -  + ()
-- Contacts –
Secret Doc: Ware Doc
Connection: 6 Loyalty: 1
No. That’s his street name. This guy can find anything. Anything. Lich always loved cyberware and bioware and wanted the best. After affirming himself to burnout way(and a few free runs…) Secret Doc took Lich as a client. Secret Doc deserves to die. No really. The man is a sadist. He has done things to people that would make a Vampire wince. Even by Lich’s standards this guy has a messed up sense of humor. After the he installed the nanohive in Lich he spread the rumor Lich has CFD. Bastard. Ruined Lich’s Career and ran him out of his home and his team.
Dr Cooper: Street Doc, Organlegger
Connection: 2 Loyalty: 3
Doc Cooper is the one contact that decided to give Lich the time of day after the rumor hit. Lich may have lost his team but hey… he has Doc Cooper! Doc Cooper is a timid dwarf who just wants to make a living selling limbs and stitching them up on live patients. Actually pretty nice guy for an organlegger. Wife and Kids. The whole shebang. Lich scares him to death so he won’t sell him out for anyone who isn’t scarier but actually Lich has taken a liking to him.
Carl: Amateur Fixer
Connection: 1 Loyalty: 1
Lich found Carl. Carl needs a client to start his career to get himself out of the business of a low rent slum lord. He has gotten in deep in some places to get Lich out there. Helps that Lich wasn’t his old street name. That was just Kevin.

Used Sum to 10. Hope he works. He can't astrally project(yet) but he can assent and fight in the astral. Plus his detect magic spell should make up a bit for his lack of astral projection and he can always get a spirit to do additional recon.
« Last Edit: <04-20-16/0843:51> by Raiderjoseph »
Thoughts
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-20-16/1109:56> »
Before I comment be aware that I don't decide if this character will become part of the team. That will be the job of the rest of the group.

Now, I see a few problems with this build. The most flagrant one is that he tries to do to much at once.

You are entering a game with a team that has a decker/drone rigger, an infiltrator adept, a gun adept and a tank/face.

There is plenty of mundane fire power at range and in melee.

Also I see some rules mistakes:
- Powerpoints cost 5 Karma not 2 (see. Errata)
- The Fairlight Caliban is above Avail. 12
- There is no Acrobatics Soft - you probably mean Gymnastics
- I don't know why you have Focused Concentration with what looks like a specialization - those don't exist
- Refluffing a helmet as a wide brimmed hat won't fly
- I don't see a lifestyle anywhere, so you are living literally on the street - with a weak immune system. No wonder you have insomnia
- As a Mystic Adept you'll never be able to project and in your current build you can't even astrally perceive - the main reason the team is looking for a mage
- The few spells you have are all highly dependent on a high force casting - which you can't manage with your low magic. You'll have to spend a lot of reagents and your flamethrower spell is next to useless.
- Your Katana does pitiful damage and even with attribute boost AGI and Skill Soft you aren't likely to reach more than 11 dice. The opposition this team faces on a regular basis throws around 12 defense dice with 14 Armor
- For a fighter without a huge soak pool your Ini and Defense is quite bad. Krestov the Troll had this level and he urgently wanted to improve it, because it became frustrating IP (he now sports 10+3d6 which gives him a lot more options)
- Your summoning ability is almost wasted. With your low magic R4 Spirits are your absolute limit which will prevent you from calling anything with two special abilities and makes them also very squishy.
- Banishing will most likely kill you
- Astral combat without being able to go astral is very pointless
- Likewise Assensing
- Yet you have no Counterspelling - which is the only skill that doesn't need high Magic rating to be effective and would benefit the team the most
- On the whole you waste a lot of resources to heal damage instead of avoiding it.

talk think matrix

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-20-16/1113:28> »
Well I guess he was better suited for Dragonfall. I'll try for a pure mage. Thanks for the honesty.
Thoughts
Mentor

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-20-16/1306:48> »
I think it would be helpful if anyone that was applying had a bit more details about the team. Here are their character sheets and a short description of everyone. Be aware, all the character sheets are pretty woefully out of date at this point

Bianca Burgstaller/bnc : Female Human. Decker/Rigger. A teenage girl, and the team member newest to the profession. Has/had a drug habit. The team's expert at hacking, cybercombat and matrix defenses. Also the team's primary driver, and participates in combat with her drones. Speaks German and English

Ivan Stoskorof/Krestov : Male Troll. Street Sam. A former KE officer in training, Krestov is the team's bullwark. His training in interrogation also means that he takes the lead for the team in negotiations and interviews. He engages in combat with his Titanium fists, a ballistic shield, and Ares Crusader II. Speaks Russian and English.

Josiah Willows/Slobbertooth : Male Orc. Physical Adept. A stubborn asshole currently obsessed with killing the people responsible for the murder of his parents. Crack shot with his Yamaha Raiden and Ruger Superwarhawk. Competent at stealth, scouting, and driving. Speaks, Or'zet, Japanese, and English.

? /Torrent : Male Elf. Physical Adept. Aloof but a consummate professional. Proficient at bypassing mechanical security,  impersonating security, and physical stealth. Engages with Savalette guardians or uses nerve strike in melee combat. Serves as the team's primary scout and imposter. Speaks English.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <04-20-16/2158:31> »
Bailey Pond - "Bluebird". Spellcasting and Spirits (Vodou tradition). Handy with knives, just in case, and good at fast talking in case your face needs backup. Speaks English and knows ASL.

I'm flexible on most of the things, including the spell list. I've had her in my head for a while but haven't really fleshed her out until now. She will 100% be the team mom if they bond at all.

[spoiler]

Street Name: Bluebird
Name: Bailey Pond
Alias: Bridget Bluevale, PI
Movement: 8/16
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Human Female Age 28
Height 5'7" Weight 134 lbs
Nuyen: 10840

== Priorities ==
Metatype: E - Human
Attributes: C - 16 Attributes
Special: A - Magician or Technomancer
Skills: B - 36 Skills/5 Skill Groups
Resources: D - 50,000¥

== Attributes ==
BOD: 3
AGI: 4
REA: 2
STR: 2
CHA: 4
INT: 2
LOG: 2
WIL: 5
EDG: 2
MAG: 7
ESS: 6

== Limits ==
Physical:  3
Mental:  4
Social:  7
   Vashon Island: Ace of Cups [+1] (Must be visible)
Astral:   7

== Active Skills ==
Arcana  1
Assensing  6 [Aura Reading]
Banishing  5
Binding 5
Blades 6 [Knives]
Con  5 [Fast Talk] 
Counterspelling 6       
Perception  6 [Visual]
Ritual Spellcasting  1
Spellcasting  6
Summoning  5
Throwing Weapons  4 [Blades]

== Knowledge Skills ==
American Sign Language: 3           
Psychology: 3
Security Systems: 1 [home]               

== Contacts ==
Killian Halder; Seattle; Forensics Expert (4, 2)
Moxie Nguyen; Seattle; Cult Member (3, 3) - SENSEI: RITUAL SPELLCASTING

== Qualities ==
Day Job (20 hrs)
Dependent (Inconvenience)
Exceptional Attribute (MAG)
Magician
Mentor Spirit (Bat)
Pregnant
Sensei

== Spells ==
(Tradition: Vodou, Resist Drain with WIL + CHA (9))
Compel Truth             
Death Replay             
Heal                   
Increase Reflexes         
Levitate                 
Looking Glass           
Mass [Sense] Removal (Sight)
Mindnet Extended       
Net Bind               
Sludge [Object] (guns)   
Sterilize         
Stunbolt               

== Lifestyles ==
Home Sweet Home  1 months

== Armor ==
Vashon Island: Ace of Cups          9
   +Biomonitor

== Weapons ==
Ceramic/Plasteel Knife
   Pool: 10 (12)   Accuracy: 5   DV: 3P   AP: -1   RC: 2
Ceramic/Plasteel Knife
Ceramic/Plasteel Knife
Ceramic/Plasteel Knife
Sapphire Knife
   Pool: 10 (12)   Accuracy: 5   DV: 4P   AP: -3   RC: 2
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 3   Accuracy: 3   DV: 2S   AP: -   RC: 2

== Commlink ==
Erika Elite (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 4, FWL: 4)
Renraku Aguchi (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 1, FWL: 1) x3

== Gear ==
Binding Focus (Bonded Foci) (Guardian) Rating 2
Certified Credstick, Silver Rating 5
Certified Credstick, Standard Rating 5
Contacts Rating 3
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 2
   +Image Link
Fake SIN (Bridget Bluevale) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Mage License) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Private Investigator License) Rating 4
Fake SIN (Bethany Bartlett) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Mage License) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Private Investigator License) Rating 4
Ink Pen (Nice)
Medkit Rating 6
Pocket Notebook
Reagents, per dram x500
Subvocal Mic
Magical Lodge Materials (Rtg 6)
5 x Slap Patch, Stim Patch (Rtg 6)

== Description ==
A very average looking 28 year old, with a little pudge but healthy none-the-less. Slightly freckled, round face, and a small button nose. Sometimes, people don't take her seriously because she looks effortlessly innocent - but talking to her you won't get that vibe.

== Background ==
Born and raised in the good old UCAS, Bailey was sinless from day one. Her parents, two corp workers, definitely were not supposed to have kids. They hired a nanny, who raised the girl. Her life was good, though. Her parents cared about her and her nanny was kind, and life was pretty secure - until her nanny made a deal with the wrong kind of people. Under duress, Nanny let a few gangers into the home at night - assuming they'd just take some valuables and leave. When she heard the first gunshot she hid the six-year-old Bridget in the linen closet and made the bed so it didn't look llike the child had been sleeping there moments prior. When she heard the second gunshot, she knew that her role as Nanny had just changed to that of a mother. She took Bailey and fled to seattle.

Bailey's decision to become a private eye, under the name "Bridget Bluevale" had been an easy one. She loved snooping. She was good at it too - and spirits weren't particularly unhelpful. It was also an excellent way to cover for higher paying crime, and a great outlet for laundering nuyen. With a baby on board, money was going to be tight soon. Bailey needs to save enough money to live comfortably under the radar with baby.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-20-16/2214:23> by hadaalia »
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <04-20-16/2159:23> »
Eyesight: Aka Vincent Elmas was the son of a SINless mage who did his own independent research into the arcane. His mother died in childbirth and the two became very close as father and son. He helped him learn a few spells when he awoke and taught him from his research about magic. Of which Vincent had a great interest. A few years went by... Eyesight never knew why... but... an armed group extracted his father one day and left a beaten Vincent in his apartment alone and scared. He managed to get a friend of his father's to room him for 3 years in exchange for some chores and errands... and bit of his father's research. When he turned 16 he decided to move up in the world... but it turns out the only way a mage can do anything on the street is to start in the shadows. Armed with what little he could work off of Floatknife he is trying to find a team he can work for. And maybe even work out what happened to his old man and why...

-- Priorities --
Metatype E Human
Attributes C 16
Magic A Mage: 6
Skills A 46/10
Resources E 6000

-- Karma Expenditure --
25 Starting Karma
-5 for Mentor Spirit: Dog
-6 for Photographic Memory
-2 for Speed Reader
-10 for Astral Chameleon
+5 for Phobia (Mild): Black Magic Tradition Users
+10 for Insomnia
+5 for Simsense Vertigo
+7 for Paranoia
-10 for 20000
-2 for Force 1 Spellcasting Foci (Combat)
-10 for Mindlink, Mana Static, Physical Barrier

Remaining
-- Attributes --
Body 2
Agility 3
Reaction 3
Strength 2
Willpower 4
Logic 3
Intuition 6
Charisma 1
Edge 3
Essence 6.00

Initiative – 8+1d6
Physical Condition Monitor -
Stun Condition Monitor -
Overflow Boxes -
Physical Limit - 3
Mental Limit - 7
Social Limit - 4

-- Qualities --
Mage: Chaos Tradition
Mentor Spirit: Dog
Photographic Memory
Speed Reader
Astral Chameleon
Phobia (Mild): Black Magic Tradition Users
Insomnia Rating 1
Simsense Vertigo
Paranoia

-- Skills --
Assenting (Wards): 6 (8)
Astral Combat 6
Spellcasting (Detection): 6 (8)
Counterspelling (Combat): 6 (8)
Perception (Searching): 6 (8)
Artisan (Cooking): 4 (6)
Pistols 3
Pilot Groundcraft 3
Sneaking 3
Gymnastics 3
First Aid 2
Unarmed Combat: 2

-- Skill Groups --
Conjuring 6
Outdoors 4

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --

Japanese: 6
Italian: 3
Interests:
Magic Theory (Mentor Spirits): 6 (8)
5th World Fiction (Manga): 6 (8)
Cooking: 4
Academic:
Literature: 3

-- Augmentations/Magic/Adept Powers --
Heal
Stunbolt
Manabolt
Astral Clairvoyance
Clairvoyance
Chaos
Chaos World
Mana Barrier
Mindlink
Mana Static
Power Barrier
Mana Window
Astral Window

-- Gear --
-4000 for Force 1 Spellcasting Foci (Combat) Ring
-4000 for Low Lifestyle 2 months
-5000 for Doc Wagon Standard Contract 1 year
-1500 for Magical Lodge Materials Rating 3
-1500 for 30 Drams of Reagents
-375 for Fichetti Security 600
Acc: 6(7) Dmg: 7P Mode: SA Recoil: 1 Ammo: 30
-15 for 3 Clips for Fichetti Security 600
-2400 for 120 rounds of Light Pistol Ammo
-3000 for Dodge Scoot
-1000 for Armor Jacket
-50 for Nice Clothes (T shirt and Jeans)
-75 for Nice Clothes (Button up collared sleeve with khakis and tennis shoes)
-5 for Credstick
-20 for Gold Credstick
-1000 for Renraku Sensei
-250 for Fake SIN (Mary Sue)
-750 for Medkit Rating 3
-200 for Medkit Supplies

Remaining Money -  + ()
760 nuyen
-- Contacts –
Jack Alan AKA Floatknife: Talismonger, Ex Runner
Loyalty: 4 Connection: 3
Floatknife is named after a party trick he does with a floating knife. He also was Eyesight’s in on the shadow sjde of magic. Eyesight met him a while back through his dad and the two of them have had a decent relationship. He did errands for him in the astral realm for money and in exchange taught him a few spells. Now that his Dad has been extracted he is helping him get a leg in the shadows.
« Last Edit: <04-21-16/0043:24> by Raiderjoseph »
Thoughts
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-21-16/0301:51> »
@hadaalia
Nice concept and a useful spell selection. Combining Mentor Spirit Bat with Pregnancy and a Day Job is a bold move. That might get interesting

@Raiderjoseph
This one's a lot better. Although Paranoia is a very harsh neg. quality. You might want to read the rules for that again.
Also you seem to have bought 3 spells with 10 Karma, but maybe that's a typo that should read 15. You went over 25 points in negative Qualities. I allow it, but you won't get more than 25 points out of them.

Regarding your spells, you have a lot of redundancies: Two direct single target combat spells isn't that useful. My recomendation would be to rely on stun and get an indirect one like lightning bolt if you want to do physical damage
Likewise one Window spell is usually enough, dito Clairvoyance.
Mindlink is nice, but a commlink and a trode net usually work as well.

Just my two cents ;)
talk think matrix

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <04-21-16/0826:41> »
I figure her day job is PI stuff. Probably pretty boring "is my spouse cheating?" or "why is my twenty something daughter skipping school" which allows for a lot of movement. Once she's showing more it will probably compromise her work (she will be a lot slower and garner more attention) which is why she needs that bolstered income now.

I figure her bat probably started manifesting the night her nanny shoved her in the closet - she just feels more secure moving around and being spontaneous. Especially as a PI she knows that routine is what gets you and makes it easier for others to get you.

I don't think she's fully considered the implications of having a baby and having to stay at home with it, but I think that'd be fun.

As a note on the pregnancy - she's specifically seeking a mundane team so they can't assense her. She wouldn't want them knowing about her condition before she can prove her worth, which again is easier if the rest of the team is mundane.

I think that the cultist sensei is probably grooming me to take over the cult, fluff-wise (which is why she doesnt mind taking time to tutor the fellow Voudou mage in ritual spellcasting) I'd assume it's a voudou cult. But obviously that gets fluffed with GM input. Bailey might consider it NOW but depending on what happens with baby...

"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <04-21-16/0858:45> »
(and by mundane, I guess I don't mean mundane so much as "without assensing and magey bits")
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language