NEWS

Sins of the Fathers (or so) [Recruitment thread]

• 30 Replies

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #15 on: <04-21-16/0925:44> »
@hadaalia
Nice concept and a useful spell selection. Combining Mentor Spirit Bat with Pregnancy and a Day Job is a bold move. That might get interesting

@Raiderjoseph
This one's a lot better. Although Paranoia is a very harsh neg. quality. You might want to read the rules for that again.
Also you seem to have bought 3 spells with 10 Karma, but maybe that's a typo that should read 15. You went over 25 points in negative Qualities. I allow it, but you won't get more than 25 points out of them.

Regarding your spells, you have a lot of redundancies: Two direct single target combat spells isn't that useful. My recomendation would be to rely on stun and get an indirect one like lightning bolt if you want to do physical damage
Likewise one Window spell is usually enough, dito Clairvoyance.
Mindlink is nice, but a commlink and a trode net usually work as well.

Just my two cents ;)

Alright I think that frees up some karma then. I think ill take Flamethrower over Lightning Bolt since its a preferred spell though. Im actually kinda hoping they hire both of us. Also Mindlink is so he can share through the Astral whats going on to the others in the group. It feels like a, as it happens, sort of relay would have its advantages.

Here is improved version now with utility spells!

-- Priorities --
Metatype E Human
Attributes C 16
Magic A Mage: 6
Skills A 46/10
Resources E 6000

-- Karma Expenditure --
25 Starting Karma
-5 for Mentor Spirit: Dog
-6 for Photographic Memory
-2 for Speed Reader
-10 for Astral Chameleon
+5 for Phobia (Mild): Black Magic Tradition Users
+10 for Insomnia
+5 for Simsense Vertigo
+5 for Distinctive Style: Aren’t you a little young to be a Shadowrunner?
-10 for 20000
-2 for Force 1 Spellcasting Foci (Combat)
-10 for Mindlink, Mana Static
-4 for Floatknife

Remaining
-- Attributes --
Body 2
Agility 3
Reaction 3
Strength 2
Willpower 4
Logic 3
Intuition 6
Charisma 1
Edge 3
Essence 6.00

Initiative – 8+1d6
Physical Condition Monitor - 9
Stun Condition Monitor - 11
Overflow Boxes - 2
Physical Limit - 3
Mental Limit - 7
Social Limit - 4

-- Qualities --
Mage: Chaos Tradition
Mentor Spirit: Dog
Photographic Memory
Speed Reader
Astral Chameleon
Phobia (Mild): Black Magic Tradition Users
Insomnia Rating 1
Simsense Vertigo
Distinctive Style: Aren’t you a little young to be a Shadowrunner?

-- Skills --
Assenting (Wards): 6 (
Astral Combat 6
Spellcasting (Detection): 6 (
Counterspelling (Combat): 6 (
Perception (Searching): 6 (
Artisan (Cooking): 4 (6)
Pistols 3
Pilot Groundcraft 3
Sneaking 3
Gymnastics 3
First Aid 2
Unarmed Combat: 2

-- Skill Groups --
Conjuring 6
Outdoors 4

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --

English: N
Japanese: 6
Italian: 3
Interests:
Magic Theory (Mentor Spirits): 6 (
5th World Fiction (Manga): 6 (
Cooking: 4
Academic:
Literature: 3

-- Augmentations/Magic/Adept Powers --
Heal
Stunbolt
Flamethrower
Invisibility
Astral Clairvoyance
Chaos
Chaos World
Mana Barrier
Mindlink
Mana Static
Power Barrier
Astral Window

-- Gear --
-4000 for Force 1 Spellcasting Foci (Combat) Ring
-4000 for Low Lifestyle 2 months
-5000 for Doc Wagon Standard Contract 1 year
-1500 for Magical Lodge Materials Rating 3
-1500 for 30 Drams of Reagents
-375 for Fichetti Security 600
Acc: 6(7) Dmg: 7P Mode: SA Recoil: 1 Ammo: 30
-15 for 3 Clips for Fichetti Security 600
-2400 for 120 rounds of Light Pistol Ammo
-3000 for Dodge Scoot
-1000 for Armor Jacket
-50 for Nice Clothes (T shirt and Jeans)
-75 for Nice Clothes (Button up collared sleeve with khakis and tennis shoes)
-5 for Credstick
-20 for Gold Credstick
-1000 for Renraku Sensei
-250 for Fake SIN (Mary Sue)
-750 for Medkit Rating 3
-200 for Medkit Supplies

Remaining Money -  + ()
760 nuyen
-- Contacts –
Jack Alan AKA Floatknife: Talismonger, Ex Runner
Loyalty: 4 Connection: 3
Floatknife is named after a party trick he does with a floating knife. He also was Eyesight’s in on the shadow sjde of magic. Eyesight met him a while back through his dad and the two of them have had a decent relationship. He did errands for him in the astral realm for money and in exchange taught him a few spells. Now that his Dad has been extracted he is helping him get a leg in the shadows
« Last Edit: <04-21-16/1209:09> by Raiderjoseph »
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <04-21-16/1511:36> »
Just realized I had Nuyen left over (because I can't carry all of that from character creation - I'm using Chummer and forgot to hit "mark character as created" to make sure everything was okay), so I bought some primarily fluff items (books, music, etc).

My gear is now below, with 4980Y remaining.

Even if they don't want to hire two mages, Bailey was a lot of fun to flesh out. I feel like Bailey is primarily looking to work with people who can't assense her.  I'd also be curious if they'd interview two mages at once, or if they'd do it separately, or if they want to spend that much time on it. Probably a team vote or GM fiat. I pity the party who gets caught in a competitive mage interview but it would be fun to play out.

I'm certainly cool with whatever the team and GM decide at any rate.

[spoiler]
Action Figure [[in case there's no body for me to invite a spirit into]]
Binding Focus (Bonded Foci) (Guardian) Rating 2
Book (Printout) (What to Expect When You're Expecting)
Briefcase (Good)
Certified Credstick, Platinum x3
Certified Credstick, Silver x5
Certified Credstick, Standard x5
Contacts Rating 3
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 2
   +Image Link
Fake SIN (Bridget Bluevale) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Mage License) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Private Investigator License) Rating 4
Fake SIN (Bethany Bartlett) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Mage License) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Private Investigator License) Rating 4
Ink Pen (Nice)
Magical Lodge Materials Rating 6
Medkit Rating 6
Pocket Notebook
Portable Music Player
   +Song Download (40)
Reagents, per dram x600
Slap Patch, Stim Patch Rating 6 x7
Slap Patch, Trauma Patch
Subvocal Mic
Textbook, Undergraduate (Download) (Abnormal Psychology)
Tool Kit (Carpentry) [[because, y'know, task spirits]]
Tool Kit (Forgery) [[because, again, task spirits]]

My Ace of Cups now has: biomonitor, concealed pocket, concealable holster.
[/spoiler]
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-21-16/1536:26> »
I'd rather roleplay this full-IC, no matter the biofeedback this might cause ^^
bnc would opt for two separate interviews. That way you can focus on one person, get a better picture out of it and, last but not least, it's way easier to find and fix a date for the job interview. I'm read to jump into IC anytime. Shall we do it in this thread?
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <04-21-16/1549:59> »
I'd rather roleplay this full-IC, no matter the biofeedback this might cause ^^
bnc would opt for two separate interviews. That way you can focus on one person, get a better picture out of it and, last but not least, it's way easier to find and fix a date for the job interview. I'm read to jump into IC anytime. Shall we do it in this thread?

Id love to start asap. I still hope the team decides on both.
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #19 on: <04-21-16/1610:22> »
Greetings.

As sporadic as my availability has been, I am definitely interested in playing these interviews out, and will endeavor to make myself and Krestov available for them :)

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <04-21-16/1621:42> »
It's up to your group and GM, really! I'm happy to play whenever, even if it just ends up being the interview. I'd like to speak with the GM ahead of time about some pre-game rolls/prep. I haven't done a PBP on the shadowrun forum (I have on other forums, but they have a different app for dice), so I'm unfamiliar with the dice rolling function, but I assume it works in PM?  (also, can you glitch with that? Nobody in Sins of the Fathers has so far as I've read). edit: I looked at the coding in your posts and realized there were links. Figured it out. Cool!

The question then becomes - do we play them in separate threads simultaneously? If so, does the party split up? Or do we play with fluid time, and assume that neither interview would impact the other and have all (available) party members present? Again, that's all up to you folks.

I've been reading Sins of the Fathers today. It's fun - you've got some good wit, and interesting dynamics happening. I'm a fan. Torrent is about to "Hack the social OS" at the rave club - the next page is loading in another tab as I type.
« Last Edit: <04-21-16/1634:14> by hadaalia »
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #21 on: <04-21-16/1638:30> »
I think I can answer some of that :)

This forum does not have an integrated dice roller. Any linkable outside source for dice has been acceptable so far.  I recommend using orokos: requires a login, but the dice codes are easy to understand and it pregenerates the forum code to copy and paste.

Instinct tells me interviews will happen in fluid time.  I makes things simpler.  Either that, or we conduct them in Sins of the Fathers, as I believe we are needing the role(s) filled to finish the job.  Please correct me on that, other players,  if i am wrong.

(Also, we have glitches in these characters.  If you want true history, look up Deep Black Sea, and Pain & Gain)

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <04-21-16/1647:28> »
Maybe I'll read those once I catch up on Sins of the Fathers! I'm checking out orokos now. I appreciate your help. I'm so excited to get going.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <04-21-16/1759:21> »
I'd also be interested in knowing what the ruling is on any extra nuyen and karma pre-game, so I can adjust accordingly.

What time zone is everyone in/when is everyone most active? I work from home so I can flip my schedule pretty easily.

Just caught up on TSOTF. Jeez, there's some tension.
« Last Edit: <04-21-16/1844:52> by hadaalia »
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <04-21-16/1853:53> »
I'd also be interested in knowing what the ruling is on any extra nuyen and karma pre-game, so I can adjust accordingly.

What time zone is everyone in/when is everyone most active? I work from home so I can flip my schedule pretty easily.

Just caught up on TSOTF. Jeez, there's some tension.

I thought we were doing this play by post.
Thoughts
Mentor

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <04-21-16/1911:58> »
We are, I just like posting when people are active so you can get a dialogue going if at all possible. It's not necessary at all (that's the beauty of pbp), I just like minimizing my need to catch up. :P If more people are online at one time, play goes faster because posts happen faster.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #26 on: <04-22-16/0038:46> »
The ruling of karma/nuyen I'll leave to Jack_Spade.  His call :P

As for time zones, good luck lining us all up.  I'm PST, and I work and go to school full time, weekend devoted mostly to homework, spouse, house, and my destress hobby (LARPing).  So basically, days when I can :P

i'll let the rest of us say their piece about that, but I'm pretty sure we're a fairly international group for time zones, in fact!  Lining up I think has been a rare but wondrous occurence.

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <04-22-16/0100:10> »
No worries! I'm in EST working part time, but for a cosplay wig company so my schedule can be bizarre during con season sometimes (flexible for the most part, but still weird). But I won't spam the thread any more, and I'll wait for Jack_Spade's call on things.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <04-22-16/0208:11> »
Okay, let's get going with the job interviews. I am going to upen two threads for the two of us as soon as I find the time to. Or else, everyone else might. We're going to meet you guys somewhere public (but, of course, not too public). Be aware that there is gonna be a thourough matrix research about you, so please tell us beforehand what the team will most likelz know.
These threads are going to be IC. Jack invented the custom to post OT stuff of any kind in spoiler tags.

[spoiler]I'm OT! Spoiler![/spoiler]

Let's get this going!
« Last Edit: <04-22-16/0210:25> by Volker »
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <04-22-16/0209:49> »
It's ok.
I'm UST+1 (Germany) and active whenever I'm near a computer with internet access - which is most of my work day.

Regarding Karma/Money: I think that I'm relatively generous on this front. Whenever there is a Karma payout (usually double the recommended amount) you also are allowed to exchange Karma to money and vice versa up to 5 Karma or 10.000 Nuyen.
Pre-game, all the standard rules of character creation apply, since that's how the other character were made. No restriction on the creation method.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex