NEWS

[5E OOC] Trial by fire

• 397 Replies

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #255 on: <05-17-16/1318:36> »
I'm down to keep going, even if things slow down. It sounds like everyone's got a lot going on at present so less frequent posts might even be welcome until everyone gets to catch their breaths. I'll defer to the others' opinions, though.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #256 on: <05-17-16/2226:11> »
I'm down to keep going.  A temporary slowdown is not a deal breaker for me.

Sorry about the day job stuff, Zwei.  Pulling for you, dude.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #257 on: <06-01-16/2007:51> »
Sorry for the two week hiatus.  Things are calming down, got almost everything organized for the move now.  I need to re-wrap my head around this and get a post moving you guys up the hill so you can try and ambush the kids as they come down the hill.  Lemme play this safe and give myself the amount of time I need to do it right and promise a post on Monday.

BN, could I get whatever perception rolls you wanna do by then?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #258 on: <06-02-16/1153:16> »
Perception: 8d6t5 5
+Visual: 2d6t5 0
...so the visual specialization doesn't get me anything extra.

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear things are shaping up for you. I was worried that this had died off.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #259 on: <06-02-16/1406:27> »
Duh, for some reason I thought that was RnB's post.  Going senile in my old age.  Thanks guys!  I'll have a post up Monday morning!

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #260 on: <06-15-16/1055:04> »
Mea Culpa -

I did *not* do a good job of communicating, and for this I'm sorry.  Additionally, when correctly called out on it by Tec privately my response was less than polite.  In my head it was meant to be a funny/glib reply, but in re-reading it I was just glib and rude.  I want to publicly apologize to Tec for that in addition to all of you for disappearing.

I'm now in my temporary home for the next 6 weeks.  I hope to get a *lot* of writing done while I'm here as I am only working part time.  Things are still chaotic for the next day or two as we get settled in then my wife goes another 12 day trip so I'm not quite done being crazy, but in the next 12-48 hours I should be able to start cranking out story again.

Thanks for your patience,
-Z

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #261 on: <06-15-16/1655:54> »
Eh, it's pretty hard to offend me. You didn't come across as rude, just defensive. Having just moved last month myself, I appreciate how exhausting it is.

I didn't realize you were making a stop in NJ on your way to Germany. Is the Germany experiment open-ended or does it have an end date?

Glad to hear that you might be catching a breather soon. I was happy to flip the calendar to June and to leave May in the rear view mirror.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #262 on: <06-15-16/2033:18> »
Thanks for understanding.  That really was my rushed attempt at humor.

As for NJ, yeah, we are spending 6 weeks visiting my in-laws before heading on to Germany.  As for the end-date, it's open-ended.  We are starting off on our 3-month tourist visa and then starting intensive language training and will get our Residency for the Purpose of Intensive Language Study.  So, 15+ hours a  week of classes.  That'll be for 12 months.  After that we'll have to figure out if we want to stay or not.  If we stay, I'll probably end up with a self-employment residency permit and Schmoo (my better half) will work under a freelance residency permit.

So, fun times ahead.  All the hard stuff is behind us now.  We're out of our place in SF and I've finished converting over to a consultant at work.  As I said this morning, I'm planning on diving back into this full strength.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #263 on: <06-16-16/1137:28> »
Fun times ahead, Zwei.  Gotta say I'm a little envious of your experiment; sounds like a blast.

Looking forward to getting the game back online.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #264 on: <06-17-16/1307:23> »
That was no where near as great of a return as I wanted, but I didn't realize I'd dropped the ball before I'd gotten that part of the story out :(

Good news is that we are getting close to the big rumble now!  I'm holding onto those perception checks for after the decision is made.  Again, sorry for the confusion there.  Lets get any relevant rolls for picking a spot to ambush.  Area knowledge, Small Unit Tactics, Gang Knowledge/Warfare, Urban Warfare etc etc.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #265 on: <06-21-16/1340:19> »
I don't have any knowledge skills that are a particularly tight fit. I have Gangs but that's more along the lines of knowing which gang is which, and what gang life is like. I'll roll that, since it's as close as I can get, but I presume the threshold will be high.

Gangs knowledge skill: Intuition 5 + Gangs 4: 9d6t5 5 hits, pretty sharp

I'll roll Combat Biking too for giggles. It's probably not as applicable as Urban Brawl would be, but combat biking is still a big game of capture-the-flag that probably involves ambushes and chokepoints.

Combat biking: Intuition 5 + Combat Biking 3: 8d6t5 1 hit, perhaps not a good parallel after all

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #266 on: <06-21-16/1349:18> »
Only applicable roll I can make with Uffington is Area Knowledge: San Francisco.  I have: INT (5) + Area Knowledge (3) = 8 dice.
Area Knowledge: 8d6t5 1
Not so great.

Uffington may suggest the trio go in as a radar and then call in backup when we see what route they're taking.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #267 on: <06-21-16/1352:31> »
Perhaps Uffington can send a spirit to track the progress of the Technoids. That will give us some advance notice of which direction they are heading. Perhaps not enough time to set up an ambush, but at least we won't be picking our noses in the wrong place.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #268 on: <06-21-16/1357:42> »
I don't have any knowledge skills that are a particularly tight fit. I have Gangs but that's more along the lines of knowing which gang is which, and what gang life is like. I'll roll that, since it's as close as I can get, but I presume the threshold will be high.

Gangs knowledge skill: Intuition 5 + Gangs 4: 9d6t5 5 hits, pretty sharp

I'll roll Combat Biking too for giggles. It's probably not as applicable as Urban Brawl would be, but combat biking is still a big game of capture-the-flag that probably involves ambushes and chokepoints.

Combat biking: Intuition 5 + Combat Biking 3: 8d6t5 1 hit, perhaps not a good parallel after all

Yeah, the threshold was high for the Gangs knowledge, but you rolled like a champ again.  Knowing how gangs move and what the goals are Knucks is able to come to a confident conclusion based on the info that MW gave about the drek in the hills that they are likely to march across 20th bridge which means you could try to set up a trap on the bridge or an ambush in the park.  Under the 22nd st bridge, while the most advantageous is likely to miss them entirely.

Only applicable roll I can make with Uffington is Area Knowledge: San Francisco.  I have: INT (5) + Area Knowledge (3) = 8 dice.
Area Knowledge: 8d6t5 1
Not so great.

Uffington may suggest the trio go in as a radar and then call in backup when we see what route they're taking.

Uffington is relatively confident that they like getting food from the StufferShack around the corner ;)
Scouting party is a valid option as well.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #269 on: <06-24-16/0208:25> »
Got an IC post up. Hopefully badneighbor is still with us.