NEWS

[5E OOC] Trial by fire

• 397 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #240 on: <05-06-16/1140:55> »
I would like to give an in-depth Assensing on WizKid -- or who Uffington assumes is WizKid anyway.

I have: INT (5) + Assensing (5) + Aura Reading Spec (2) = 12 dice.
Assensing WizKid: 12d6t5 4
I feel pretty good about that.  If this guy doesn't have any bio or cyber, I wonder if Uffington has the LOG to assume TM. 

ETA: also, can I get an exact count of the Technoids?
« Last Edit: <05-06-16/1156:04> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #241 on: <05-06-16/1256:18> »
FYI, I'll throw an IC post in after MeatWagon responds :D

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #242 on: <05-06-16/1311:18> »
You found 10 Aura's with your general search, and were able to get the specific emotions of each of them with your added aura reading.  (If you really want the specific breakdown happy to provide, basically 4 are really amped up, 4 are generally excited/anxious/"ready" and 1 is still scared shitless, the 10th is the one you're assuming is WizKid)

"WizKid": 1st thing you notice is a second astral signature present in the aura. 
The secondary signature is caused by several spells of either the manipulation or health categories ranging in force from 2-4.  I'm gonna rule that you can't pick out individual spells at what force without additional rolls.  If you decide to investigate more, give me a general astral perception (assessing roll) first.
Target is mundane, healthy, and extremely pumped up/excited with an undercurrent of trepidation and anxiety running through it.  Essence is 4.93.  There is an implant in the left wrist, the right arm from the elbow down is synthetic, and some of the vertebrae have been replaced.

(on that note, does anyone else use HL?  I'm trying to figure out how to have third-party spell effects show up on the char-sheet?)
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #243 on: <05-06-16/1312:15> »
FYI, I'll throw an IC post in after MeatWagon responds :D

Thanks BN!  It looks like RnB is prepping for a post, then I'll have MW respond.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #244 on: <05-09-16/1309:56> »
Heads-Up:  I've had an emergency come up at work and have a crazy busy day tomorrow.  Posts will be slow until Wednesday :(  Sorry for the delay, I'll try to keep things going as much as I can.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #245 on: <05-11-16/1521:26> »
Nice IC post, Tec.  Thanks for pushing things along.  I'm going to try to get to an IC myself today, but lots of fires -- haha, get it?  Fires at a cigar shop ;)  ::) -- for me to put out today, so I may be delayed.

OOCly, I'm down for either trying to sneak in while using the Chulos as a distraction, or waylaying them on the way to the rumble.  Either stands a fair shot of working, so rednblack the player has no preference.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #246 on: <05-13-16/1244:44> »
Thanks for the posts guys.  I'll get an IC post up this afternoon and another OOC post with more information.

Since it looks like we're going to head up the hill, lets just get things started OOC with any perception checks you guys want to do once you arrive at the location MW gives you.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #247 on: <05-14-16/2210:42> »
About to run out the door, so char sheet will not be updated until this post is also updated.

Uffington is going to pop a Psyche on his way back to the crew.

Uffington is also going to make the crew invisible.

Casting Force 4 Improved Invisibility on himself.  I have: MAG (6) + Spellcasting (6) + Illusion Spec (2) = 14 dice.
Force 6 Improved Invisibility: 14d6t5 3
Not great.  -3 to Visual Perception checks.

Resisting 3 Drain I have: WIL (6) + INT (5) = 11 dice.
Resist Drain: 11d6t5 5
No Drain.

Casting Force 3 Improved Invisibility on Knucks, using 5 Reagents.  Focused Concentration negates the Sustained Penalty.  I have: MAG (6) + Spellcasting (6) + Illusion Spec (2) = 14 dice.
Force 3 Improved Invisibility + 5 Reagents: 14d6t5 8
Knucks is at -5 for Visual Perception Checks.

Resisting 2 Drain I have: WIL (6) + INT (5) = 11 dice.
Resist Drain: 11d6t5 4
No Drain.

Casting Force 3 Improved Invisibility on Expo, using 5 Reagents.  Focused Concentration brings Sustained Penalty to -1.  I have: MAG (6) + Spellcasting (6) + Illusion Spec (2) - Sustained Penalty (1) = 13 dice.
Force 3 Improved Invisibility + 5 Reagents: 13d6t5 5
Expo is at -5 for Visual Perception Checks.

Resisting 2 Drain I have: WIL (6) + INT (5) = 11 dice.
Resist Drain: 11d6t5 2
Close, but no Drain.

10 Reagent spent.
1 dose Psyche spent.

Uffington -3 to Visual Perception Checks.  Expo and Knucks are -5 to Visual Perception Checks.

ETA: it occurs to me that I should have been dropping dice for the last two drain rolls. Dropping dice from the end has no effect, but I'll leave it to the GM if he wants the reroll
« Last Edit: <05-15-16/0124:50> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #248 on: <05-16-16/0058:55> »
The physical move is complete, but most of my life is still in bins and boxes waiting to be unpacked. My computer is tucked in a corner with a formidable moat of junk around it so I'm relying on my wife's laptop for the moment. I should be able to post more intelligently at work but in the meantime I'm operating off of memory as far as rules are concerned.

I'll roll a base Perception check and then add bonuses for vision and hearing.

Base Perception: Intuition 5 + Perception 5: 10d6t5 3 hits
+ Vision Enhancement from ballistic mask: 3d6t5 2 hits
+ Audio Enhancement from cyberears + Hearing specialization: 5d6t5 2 hits

So 5 hits for both vision and hearing.

I'll try to get a full load-out of what Knucks is bringing posted tomorrow. He'll almost certainly be covering himself with NoPaint. I haven't decided yet whether he'll pop some Cram or not. Weapons are still TBD too, but he might take cues based on what the others are doing.

Knucks on Downers would probably wonder about the wisdom of blowing 250 nuyen on magical supplies for a job that only pays 2,000 (provided, of course, that Knucks would even know what reagents cost). Knucks on Uppers will certainly not think of that and will be transfixed on the novelty of WOAH I AM INVISIBLE!

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #249 on: <05-16-16/1006:04> »
Perception: 8d6t5 5
+Visual: 2d6t5 0
...so the visual specialization doesn't get me anything extra.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #250 on: <05-16-16/1121:02> »
Knucks on Downers would probably wonder about the wisdom of blowing 250 nuyen on magical supplies for a job that only pays 2,000 (provided, of course, that Knucks would even know what reagents cost). Knucks on Uppers will certainly not think of that and will be transfixed on the novelty of WOAH I AM INVISIBLE!

Heh, good point.  Uffington's 2 LOG probably means he hasn't done the cost/benefit analysis.  rednblack the player certainly didn't ;)

Forgot about Perception.  Uffington has: INT (5) + Perception (4) - Sustaining Penaltes (2) = 7 dice.
Perception: 7d6t5 4
Visual Spec: Visual Spec: 2d6t5 1
4 hits on general and 5 hits on Visual.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #251 on: <05-16-16/1140:39> »
I owe you guys an IC post.  Sorry the weekend got away from me.  We were dog sitting a St. Bernard and that took up, well everything.  Amazingly sweet dog, but oh my god messy.  Slobber and fur everywhere!

Anyway, I'll get you guys that post after my morning meetings.

RnB:
Casting Force 3 Improved Invisibility on Expo, using 5 Reagents.  Focused Concentration brings Sustained Penalty to -1.  I have: MAG (6) + Spellcasting (6) + Illusion Spec (2) - Sustained Penalty (1) = 13 dice.
Force 3 Improved Invisibility + 5 Reagents: 13d6t5 5
Expo is at -5 for Visual Perception Checks.

It doesn't matter because the last die isn't a hit, but AFAIK FC is only for 1 spell:
Quote from: CRB p. 74
A technomancer or magic user with the Focused Concentration quality has the discipline to manipulate mana or Resonance more precisely than otherwise possible. This precision reduces stress to the magic user’s or technomancer’s body. She is able to sustain one spell/complex form with a force/level equal to her Focused Concentration rating without suffering any penalties. For example, a magic user with Focused Concentration rating 3 may sustain a Force 3 Armor spell without taking the negative dice pool modi er for sustaining a spell. Sustaining any additional spells or complex forms incurs the standard –2 dice pool modi er per spell or complex form sustained. This quality may only be taken by magic user characters that are able to cast spells and technomancers.

Did I miss some errata that changes that?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #252 on: <05-16-16/1301:20> »
FC is only for one spell, the one cast on Uffington, but only 1 Sustaining Penalty for the roll on Expo, as he isn't sustaining that spell yet. At least, that was my reasoning.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #253 on: <05-16-16/1817:05> »
Knucks will paint himself with NoPaint. The rules say that humans need one dose and orks/trolls need two doses. Knucks is technically human but he has the Strength (and Physical limit) of an ork, so I'm going to use two doses.

He now has High Pain Tolerance 3 for NoPaint duration: 1d6 6 hours

Knucks will also pop some Cram. I'm going to say this overrides the generic stimulants that he takes for So Jacked Up. He is now at Reaction +1 plus +1d6 initiative for the next 9 hours. He'll crash and suffer 6S sometime around sunrise.

Here's his loadout:

Armor
Armor Vest
Custom Ballistic Mask
Forearm Guards

Weapons
Plasteel Toe Boots
Throwing Knife x10
Urban Tribe Tomahawk
Grenade: Flash-Bang x1
Grenade: Fragmentation x1
Grenade: High Explosive x1

Electronics and Gear
Hermes Ikon (DP: 5, FWL: 5)
Autopicker Rating 5
Stim Patch R6
Tranq Patch R6
Trauma Patch

Knucks will skip guns for now unless one of the others rags on him for not bringing any. He'll stick with throwing weapons and fists. He's ready to get his hands dirty, by which I mean wet.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #254 on: <05-17-16/1205:16> »
Thanks for the rolls Tec and RnB.

Update on Zwei:  I've had a lot of work dumped on me this week due to a change of plans about my future employment (they were going to be keeping me on as a consultant, now that is questionable).  I don't want to commit to getting things done in a timely manner on the boards this week between the extra work and the crunch coming down on our move.  I'll be able to post on weekends more consistently, but I don't want to take up folks time then.

If you are okay posting during the week and me posting on the weekends (greatly slowing things down), then I'm happy to keep going.  Beginning of June things will slow down with everything else and I'll have more free time again.

Sorry for the slowdown right as the action was starting up, but I didn't want to try and force things into the (potentially... okay lets be real, this is the sixth world) fight scene and then not be able to keep up with the faster pace :(

Register