NEWS

The 4 Best Pistols in Shadowrun

• 25 Replies

GMFunkytown

• Chummer
« on: <12-24-15/1030:27> »
Merry Holiday-mas greetings!

Looking for a gift idea for your fellow teammate in the shadows of the sixth world? A pistol is always a good pick. Check out my video where I tell you my picks for the best pistols in Shadowrun.

https://youtu.be/rnKK3i54by0

Enjoy!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-24-15/1312:46> »
Awesome!! Now, just need to figure out how to get a couple of those under my tree... ;D

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-24-15/1522:57> »
I like that in your game world some people occasionally go unarmed and day to day carry is a light pistol and not an automatic rifle.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-24-15/1705:52> »
Appeals to me too.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-24-15/1732:52> »
Although you did kinda skip the "Frag off!" classic of the Ruger Superwarhawk... then again with reload sliders Semi-Autos got a big boost, especially for dual wielders. Reloading two Cylinder mag weapons is just... ugly.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <12-24-15/1757:29> »
The nice thing about the Ruger is: Once your cylinder is empty your enemy either stops being a threat or you should have switched to a different weapon about three rounds ago...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #6 on: <12-24-15/1858:20> »
I like that in your game world some people occasionally go unarmed and day to day carry is a light pistol and not an automatic rifle.

Yep, agreed.

Nice video.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #7 on: <12-24-15/2024:42> »
I remember a game I went into with the idea that a light pistol was a good sidearm for day-to-day carry.  It was the third time he was attacked while 'unprepared' and his bullets creased a skull with orthoskin, dermal armor and/or bone lacing (a tough dwarf and a trio of ninja cyber-strippers) with no appreciable damage when he upgraded to a Super Warhawk... 

He upgraded to a cut-down AK-97 with a folding stock and some other mods tucked into his vehicle in nice areas, or under his coat in bad ones.  That was after some goons came after him while he was on a date.  Lobo really didn't like it when enemies in armor kept deciding he looked like the one to go after. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

FasterN8

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • Err on the side of awesome.
« Reply #8 on: <12-24-15/2234:10> »
Great video. 

I can't really disagree with any of your selections or reasons.  Every weapon you picked is definitely top tier, but I can't help pulling for the home team, my good old Ruger Warhawk.  It must have been the 5th place finisher...
« Last Edit: <12-25-15/2220:20> by FasterN8 »

gyrobot

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <12-25-15/1515:11> »
Although you did kinda skip the "Frag off!" classic of the Ruger Superwarhawk... then again with reload sliders Semi-Autos got a big boost, especially for dual wielders. Reloading two Cylinder mag weapons is just... ugly.

It's has firepower and being a revolver, but when you are a fresh off the press Runner, a Pred and Savette is your go to as a starter heavy pistol as Warhawks has that t "Special Snowflake from Awaken slayer Trids" which drives certain runners up the walls.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #10 on: <12-25-15/1521:17> »
...a Ruger with EXEX starts at 11 DV -3 AP. 

Just don't critical glitch a shot and you're fine.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <12-25-15/1538:32> »
a critical Glitch with ANY Weapon is a bad idea ;)

Hough !
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #12 on: <12-25-15/1900:39> »
LMG on a reinforced retractable mount with a backup grenade launcher. Internal flamethrower and lasers for anti-spirit work. Plus a Warhawk. Just because.

What? You don't run around in a combat modded anthroform drone body?

:)

-k

Currently rebuilding Jack and her Mobile Suit Human for Prime Runner Missions play

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <12-26-15/0603:05> »
It may just be me, but I would t give the security 600 light pistol conceal stats. It's picture shows an extended mag and it has the added bulk of a folding stock. Sounds more like a machine pistol or smg to me.

I'd use a holdout for a walking around gun (ever hear the term "Saturday night special"?) and a light pistol for covert work. A light fire 75 can be easily concealed and is the most silent gun you can hide with its special silencer and a few toys from hard targets(electronic firing and subsonic bullets just to get started). If you pop that bum in the bathroom, good chance no one hears it go down with the light fire. Enjoy that -8 to perception.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <12-26-15/1013:25> »
It may just be me, but I would t give the security 600 light pistol conceal stats. It's picture shows an extended mag and it has the added bulk of a folding stock. Sounds more like a machine pistol or smg to me.
Reading crunch into fluff is bad enough, but reading crunch into art is a whole nother level.
Playability > verisimilitude.