NEWS

The 4 Best Pistols in Shadowrun

• 25 Replies

Adamo1618

« Reply #15 on: <12-26-15/1352:25> »
There's no picture of the Security 600, or is there?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #16 on: <12-26-15/1841:22> »
It may just be me, but I would t give the security 600 light pistol conceal stats. It's picture shows an extended mag and it has the added bulk of a folding stock. Sounds more like a machine pistol or smg to me.

I'd use a holdout for a walking around gun (ever hear the term "Saturday night special"?) and a light pistol for covert work. A light fire 75 can be easily concealed and is the most silent gun you can hide with its special silencer and a few toys from hard targets(electronic firing and subsonic bullets just to get started). If you pop that bum in the bathroom, good chance no one hears it go down with the light fire. Enjoy that -8 to perception.
...have a Face character with a LF 75 on a hidden arm slide she loads with drug or toxin capsule rounds.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <12-27-15/0015:51> »
... (a tough dwarf and a trio of ninja cyber-strippers) with no appreciable damage when he upgraded to a Super Warhawk... 

Or just stop trying to do runs against brothels and/or strp clubs!  ;D

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #18 on: <12-27-15/0217:54> »
It was a missing persons case!  Turns out they were making bad BTLs and the target got used by them. 

Avoiding such situations is also something we're doing.  You don't think the pimp/producer's girls are actually 'wared up security professionals until they pull guns out of their negligee (and you REALLY don't know how they were hiding them). 

The strip club was a totally different matter, the first time we were friendly, nothing bad happened...  The second involved two bricks of C4, assault rifles, assault cannon, a machete, a horde of drones...  You know, the works!  (The game was quite Black Mohawk, set in London.  Was a posh Elven Face who liked explosives, Elven Rigger with social...  Deficiencies, Human Shaman who ran from bad juju in North America, Human Sniper Yucatan veteran, Human Adept street-punk samurai along with the super Texan troll) 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #19 on: <12-27-15/0303:09> »
...they could have machine gun juggies implants  ;)
Forsaken daughter is watching you

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #20 on: <12-27-15/0347:33> »
a critical Glitch with ANY Weapon is a bad idea ;)
Sometimes it comes down to whether you want to spend edge, or risk burning it, much like defaulting with throwing a grenade. Then again, if you have an AGI of two, you probably should not to be allowed to play with them no matter what.

I'm glad you didn't end that with risky dance.

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <12-27-15/0658:31> »
Since you can trade ammo between guns of the same category I'm assuming bullet size does not change drastically between guns. That said, 30 rounds is a lot. It would take up a lot of space. A folding stock also takes up space and isn't normal for a light pistol. Further, the chart is examples, not in stone rules. I have never seen it listed as all weapons of X category are y concealment, period. They even point out that it hinges on things such as compact designs (bull pup), if stocks are extended, etc. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this stuff out.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <12-27-15/0800:14> »
Don't even start on interchangeable calibers.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #23 on: <12-27-15/1149:54> »
The Fichetti doesn't have a folding stock, it has a detachable folding stock.  You can take it off and leave it at home, or hide it elsewhere on your person.

On top of that, the chart explicitly says all Light Pistols are in a certain concealment category (which is subject to change on a case-by-case basis under the weapon descriptions).  Saying 'it doesn't count because that's just examples' is ludicrous.  If the Fichetti had something saying it was explicitly harder to conceal, this would be a moot point; it doesn't.  Perhaps it is built differently than other pistols (perhaps a Luger style design with the magazine in front of the trigger well, which allows for the magazine to be wider, taller, etc. to maintain a higher capacity compared to one within the grip). 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <12-27-15/1221:09> »
Agreed with MijRai on the Fichetti Security 600. It is not listed in Hard Target (page 181) as having an extended magazine, meaning it's only the "highly efficient feeding mechanism" that allows the gun to carry 30 rounds in a single clip.

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <12-28-15/0205:36> »
In retrospect I think you are right about the mag size. I think they got lazy on the folding stock. No mention of what is does for concealability in the security 600 or in run & gun. Also no information about detaching or reattaching. Assuming the use of the R&G rules, I'm assuming it's the simple action version (no cost listed for the motorized one in that book either).

Ultimately how many rounds you carry is its own issue (Chemsniffers get a bonus for every 10 rounds of ammo you have on you). Not having to change clips can be nice, but it also means it's harder to have options in your variety (unless you carry half empty clips I suppose). I'd probably favor the executive action from Fichetti over the security 600.