NEWS

So most things can be upgraded now...

• 18 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« on: <09-30-15/0848:05> »
Just read through the new FAQ (great work by the way!)... was somewhat surprised to see the new 'ware upgrading rules come into play. However this does mean that both foci and 'ware can be upgraded making progression much easier for augmented or awakened characters.

I'm just wondering, has something similar been considered for Cyberdecks and RCCs? Decks especially are something almost impossible for a decker to upgrade once in-game.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-30-15/0904:46> »
Thanks from the entire team!

Foci upgrade rules were already in previous versions, but we tweaked them a bit.

We heard from many, many, many GMs and players concerning cyberware upgrades, so we came up with something we hope will help.

We are discussing cyberdecks and RCCs and how we want to do it.  We know our deckers and riggers have a difficult (if not impossible) time upgrading.  Keep your eye out for the next version...we should have it addressed by then.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-30-15/0939:55> »
Love the new FAQ Ray and team. Favorite update = expanded downtime capability between runs. You bro's do good work!  :)
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #3 on: <09-30-15/0947:20> »
There's a new FAQ?  Would one of you be kind enough to share a link to it?
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-30-15/0958:12> »
« Last Edit: <09-30-15/0959:48> by sinthalix »
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <09-30-15/1209:41> »
That's a great looking FAQ.  Also, I'm very happy to see that 'ware has an upgrade path and that Decks/RCCs might have an upgrade path in the figure!
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-30-15/1959:36> »
We are discussing cyberdecks and RCCs and how we want to do it.  We know our deckers and riggers have a difficult (if not impossible) time upgrading.  Keep your eye out for the next version...we should have it addressed by then.

Awesome to hear!
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-01-15/1116:27> »
So I see that possession traditions are disallowed.  Is it intended that the Channeling metamagic not be allowed also?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-01-15/1446:07> »
no we left channeling in since that only effects the summoner
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-03-15/2108:18> »
Hmmm, so this had lead me to two questions reguarding 'ware upgrades.

Firstly, does this extend to Cybersuits from Lockdown, if there's a clear upgrade from one Cybersuit to the other (EG. Transis-Erika: Mind Boost to Transis-Erika: Front Line Mind/Mental Gymnast) would that count as a upgrade?

Also, throwing money at the availability test. Do you add 25% per dice to the difference? The Difference + 20% fee? Or the actual item you're trying to get?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <10-03-15/2116:43> »
Can you clarify  the benefit? 

If spirits physical stat is higher, add half force?

Channeler uses spirits initiative?

Any change to channelers mental stats?

Seems clear that channeller uses own skills, can use spirit powers for service, can leave body and have spirit pilot for service.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #11 on: <10-04-15/0940:50> »

Firstly, does this extend to Cybersuits from Lockdown, if there's a clear upgrade from one Cybersuit to the other (EG. Transis-Erika: Mind Boost to Transis-Erika: Front Line Mind/Mental Gymnast) would that count as a upgrade?

Also, throwing money at the availability test. Do you add 25% per dice to the difference? The Difference + 20% fee? Or the actual item you're trying to get?

asked this question as well:

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22210.msg404492#msg404492

hijacked Halflingmage's thread and added a few other questions.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #12 on: <10-05-15/1037:13> »

We will discuss the first question.

When making Availability tests, it's against the full cost of the item as normal, then you add the 20% fee as in the example.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #13 on: <10-05-15/1042:06> »

asked this question as well:

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22210.msg404492#msg404492

hijacked Halflingmage's thread and added a few other questions.

I responded on that one.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <10-05-15/1704:40> »
When making Availability tests, it's against the full cost of the item as normal, then you add the 20% fee as in the example.

Alright... think I understand this one, but just going to lay out an example for clarity.

A character has Muscle Replacement 2 installed and can muster 14 dice on an availability test. They wants to upgrade to rating 3 so to be able to buy enough hits they'll need to buy 2 extra dice at +50% cost. They spend 37,500 on the availability test, then 25,000 on the rating difference then, 5,000 on the +20% for the cybertech's time for a total cost of 67,500.

This is correct?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor