NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1710 on: <09-14-15/0622:50> »
"I hate my job... no idea how I can do all the things that I want. Now with Ginny in the loop. I wanted to talk to her, by the time I get home I'll have to leave for a date. Cain must be getting restless and Phoniex does not seem to be the kind to lift a finger to resolve problems. Perhaps if I explicitly ask him too.

There are just too many things that I try to do, and I have no idea how all of them can fit in my schedule... honestly perhaps I have no time for shadow running. Nothing as committing as this club thing "
Thinks Marco. >> Fine, I'll be there. Any news about the position? Should we be celebrating? Would you like me to look like Ginny?

>>Phoniex, Marco can you please contact me? I need you to take some more active role in this science project of us. I just cannot do it myself, schedule is too busy.
« Last Edit: <09-14-15/1233:56> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1711 on: <09-14-15/0746:58> »
@ Arc Jaime grabs a couple slices of bread and scoops up the eggs with them pouring hot sauce liberally on them and says, "Henri thinks that of we add more EPS units ganged in parallel and add a tertiary B17D to attenuate the signal that well get more functionality with far less heat and we'll be able to program the unit  to allow far greater flexibility  with the logic by improving the processor and still keep cost containment."

As they departed from his place with the remainder of their breakfasts in hand, Arc raised an eyebrow at the ideas that Henri had related to make the upgrade to the drone without blowing it out.  "Huh...if that works, then you're looking at a drone that could stretch it's range to bypass certain noise filters.  And that would mean being able to direct it all the way over to the other end of Seattle.  Frag, or even farther than that.  Guess we'll have to see if it works, eh?"

Driving, Arc got to show off the ease of her skill at the wheel, augmented by the data cable connecting her skull to the center console denoting her rigged in status.  It was not terribly long before they were pulling up to the familiar front of Henri's home, only this time with no little ork girls rushing out to greet them.  Oh right...they're probably in school, huh...  She idly pondered her past, and how despite her knack with tech and everything else, formal education was a bit beyond her.  Such a thought was quickly dashed away as a quick embrace by Jaime from behind brought her back to reality.

Giving a smile, Arc followed the man inside, finding Henri with his wife and youngest waiting for them.  Giving a nod, the mechanic gave a grin as she listened to Jaime relate that she was interested in giving a hand.   Which was only partly true...thoroughly interested would have been more accurate!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1712 on: <09-14-15/1021:26> »
Marco texts Blake >> I am a bit  busy can you meet me at 4:00?

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1713 on: <09-14-15/1045:44> »
I watch Bootstrap dart off, glad to see that my fellow mage and I might be able to form some kind of professional relationship.  Just as I want to groom at least a script kiddie if not a decker out of HoppyBunny, if she really does have aptitude, I would like to help this boy on the path to being as strong a magic user as he can be.  I know already that his path is radically different from my own, more shaman than magician.  After my own disastrous time trying to force myself into a Shinto shamanistic mode, I'm not going to try and strong arm Bootstrap into a hermetic tradition.  I'll do my best to give him the tools to find his own way, but at least with some basic structure and understanding of fundamental concepts.  I remember enough of my Shinto tradition training to at least give him a start.  Given enough time, maybe I can even find a compatible master to help teach him better, once we identify his path. 

Yeah, if I live long enough, I'll definitely do that.

And I definitely want to learn illusion.  Illusion is a core strength of Islamic tradition.  I didn't have enough time with my grandfather to start learning, and our time in astral space is too short to start now.  Wuxing isn't an illusion-centered tradition.  Hence, currently I have nothing.  Maybe Bootstrap can get me started and in return I can at least figure out how to teach him invisibility.  The fact I learned that spell under my Shinto mater bodes well for that.

In any case, I am standing outside my door letting the fleas continue to dine on my brown flesh rather than drown them and myself in a nice shower.  I slip inside, making sure to lock the door again.  Jenna appears to be really asleep this time.  If she was true to form, she stayed up most of the night and only recently dozed off. 

Like I've said, our apartment is really an old pre-Awakening motel room.  We're on the top floor, the third, and all our units open to the outside.  The door opens to the main room and the bathroom and dressing area is on the opposite side.  I move quietly to keep from waking my roomie, but quickly to keep from dropping any more critters than I must.  Once to the other side I strip.  My jumpsuit is totally synthetic and unlikely to harbor fleas once no longer next to my skin.  I shake the garment out thoroughly over the tub and run water to wash away anything that falls out.  For good measure, I then dunk the thing in water and leave it there for a few minutes to drown whatever is left.  Hanging it up, outside the bathroom, I know the artificial fibers will dry almost miraculously quickly.

My hijab and abaya are more problematic.  The natural fibers will retain moisture and it is unlikely in the damp cold Seattle air that they'll dry thoroughly in six hours.  The hijab is small enough that it might be tolerable, but the abaya not so much.  Ah well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Taking both garments I dunk them in the tub water and wash them carefully, both to ensure any critters are well and truly gone but also to ensure that I do not damage them any further than the second-hand apparel already are.  When I'm satisfied I hang them up beside my jumpsuit.

Now it's my turn.  Turned all the way up, the water is just passably lukewarm.  Oh how I miss long, hot showers.  Or even better, a luxurious, scented bath!  But like with a decent bed and fresh fruit and vegetables, that isn't my life any more.  I scrub myself, taking particular care around the bug bites.  My hair gets special attention. to ensure I don't carry any blood suckers to bed with me.  Once I'm satisfied that I'm clean, I step out and consider myself.  Honestly, for a night on the streets, I'm not as bad off as I thought.  Maybe half a dozen welts, mostly on my feet and arms, show angrily on my skin.  The jumpsuit seems to protect just as well from fleas as from bullets - perhaps the demonic vermin do not like the unnatural fabric.  If so, thank Allah for giving mankind the wisdom to create such wondrous things!

I think tonight I will go out sans the abaya.  Not only will it still be too wet, but it's a magnet for bugs.  The hijab is an absolute - my hair must be covered - but the jumpsuit by itself should suffice to protect my modesty as well as my life.  At least given I'll be in the shadows, literally and figuratively, and less likely to be seen by menfolk.

Passing back through the main room, I grab my ankle-length nightgown from the edge of my futon and don it.  I check on my Erika briefly just to make sure it is in working order and set it to charge.  Now for some serious sleep.  I set my internal body clock to wake me at 2:30pm.  That will give me five hours of real sleep and hopefully cure the incessant headache I've harbored ever since my semi-successful spell.  It will have to do.

I slip into a dreamless sleep as soon as my face hits my pillow.
« Last Edit: <09-14-15/1210:36> by Shaman_Yuri »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1714 on: <09-15-15/0046:06> »
@ Marco. The doctor comms you. >>Just a night out. Come as Tina.<< Tina was Marcos male transvestite. Far more life of the party than Marco. He has to be carefully he doesn't get to wrapped up in the moment whem
he plays him.

Phoenix doesn't answer.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1715 on: <09-15-15/0050:34> »
@ Yelena You finally get a comm,from Bella. >>Gambling is definitely part of the evening fun<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1716 on: <09-15-15/0255:17> »
Yelena smiles after getting Bella's note.  The evening was already looking up.  Just thinking of it sent tremors through her body.  The drugs were calling to her; she had held the craving at bay for too long, the few days have seemed like weeks.  She could feel the need growing, demanding to be fed.  And thinking of Bella's naked body entwined in hers is enough to set off other emotions, other needs.  Needs that Nikolai Fyodorovich knew so well.  Bella brings out the fun and excitement, while Niki is pure animal passion.  She should introduce Bella to Niki, she could share............

Yelena shakes her head to get herself back to the now.  There will be enough time tonight for the drugs and Bella.  And perhaps for Niki if he deigned to come around again.  But not now.  Now was the time to see why she had not been paid for her work.  She looks over at Marco, who is standing near the bike.  "Marco come Yelena?"  With that, she turns and walks to the rear entrance and knocks on the door.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1717 on: <09-15-15/0605:40> »
@ Arc. When Arc steps into the garage she enters a world of parts and tools she's never been able to afford and all of it stored with a neatness and precision that does it's owners mind.  The next three hours are spent in the garage stripping down hardware. Piecing things together and putting it back together in ways it's makers hadn't intended.  And when testing it's range had slagged the h2a7 resulting in a fireworks show that had all but destroyed the armatures Henri is so crestfallen it's funny. But evidently James sister had perfect timing because food and drinks came at that moment.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1718 on: <09-15-15/0607:52> »
@ Yelena. The 'doorman' doesn't even call up this time. Just lets you in and points up the stairs. But, not before checking you for weapons.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1719 on: <09-15-15/0609:45> »
Marco walks with Yelena down the club. "First time from the rear in this club I wonder if I'll spot anything of interest." He thinks as he keeps his senses sharp and try to spot a familiar face or some thing of interest.  "Perhaps one of these three basements they should have." He is also alert to his comlink partly because of that odd phenomena in that basement, and also because he is still waiting for an answer from Blake and Phoniex.

[spoiler]
Visual perception: 9d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1720 on: <09-15-15/1020:45> »
Yelena hands her obvious piece over to the doorman and allows him to run his hands over her for anything hidden.  The man is thorough and does not waste time trying to cop a cheap feel.  Just business.  She waits while Marco goes through the same treatment then goes up the stairs to the suite of offices she had been taken to when she met Hank and Gregor.  Knocking on the door, she waits for an invite.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1721 on: <09-15-15/1033:08> »
Marco tries to be sensitive to the delicate etiquette of people he knows are criminals. His attention is to Yelena, and he mimics the way she behaves hoping not to be considered disrespectful. It is the ambitious dreamers that succeeds and perhaps one day, Marco will own a club like this and will enjoy the illusion of power and fame that come with it. In the meanwhile, he hopes not to get killed although he has to admit that getting killed today is going to save him quite a few awkward moments.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1722 on: <09-15-15/1100:30> »
Huh, it looks like Jenna's off somewhere.

I wake up at 2:30pm sharp.  It isn't as easy as usual - under other circumstances I'd just pop up out of bed.  Today, however, I find myself reluctant to leave my covers.  The past day was so full and my mind had so much to absorb.  I know I dreamed, but I cannot remember what about.  I'm left with a gnawing anxiety and nothing specific I can ascribe it to.  After two months of fatalism, I'm not sure how to take the change.

Anyway, I don't have much time.  Lexi, or whoever is sent to retrieve me, will be here any time.  I manage to crawl up off of my futon and stumble to the back of the apartment.  As I expected, the abaya is still very damp.  I leave it aside and instead grab my trusty jumpsuit and don the dry article.  Once snug in the protective garment I slip my tolerably damp hijab from its hanger and move to the mirror to fit my hair securely inside.  I look at myself in the old, cracked reflective surface and see an unfamiliar young girl looking back at me, her hazel eyes framed by grey fabric and her face forming lines of worry that hadn't been there two months ago.

I wonder what my friends back in Singapore, Mumbai, or Rio would say if they saw me now?
« Last Edit: <09-15-15/1103:35> by Shaman_Yuri »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1723 on: <09-15-15/1343:42> »
[spoiler]
@ Jed  Snowden looks at you frowning, puzzled. "It was mathematically imprecise!" He begins getting slightly agitated at your disapproval. You recall the spartan surroundings of his home. And the geometrical prescion. Hoo-Boy. I would have put it in the hall. But the door was locked. But, the balcony wasn't locked." He says pointing. "But, I only put the bar and the second bed there. And the two chairs in Jacobian style. Jacobian always has dust. And the painting with the Gothic Renaissance theme. The ratios in the background were incorrect and the frame had dust." He looks at you and straightens up, "I fixed it! Now everything is placed exactly in Fibinacci ratios." He's looking at you desperately seeking approval.[/spoiler]

Ok, I can see how important Fibinacci ratios are to you.  Later, you can teach me about them. And I will listen to you.  Right now I need you to listen to me and understand some things about social interaction and relationships.  This is not my house, and this is not your house.  This house belongs to my friend.  Those are his belongings on the ground outside the balcony.  I don't know if he knows what Fininacci ratios are, but he is going to be angry with me about his belongings being thrown out the window.  The result of this is, that I don't believe he will ever let me stay in his house again. So the result of the actions is that there is damage to my relationship with him.   I don't have anywhere near the money to replace the things that are broken.  Right now, I don't know how I am going to repair that relationship.  Right now, because of this, we need to leave his house, and go stay at my house.  Which isn't nice, and is very dusty.  So you and I have the beginning of a relationship.  It also has suffered some damage. The life you are left with right now appears to be very different than the life you don't remember.  Please understand that this relationship is the only thing you have right now.  The relationship between you and me is the only way you have right now to get the other life back once you remember it.  So please be very careful about the actions you take, because they affect people around you and your relationship with them.   Time to go before he does any more damage.  Jed checks the bathroom and finds a filter mask.   Looking around for a hoodie, he hands them to Joshua  Put this on.  It will keep cameras from recognizing you. Jed rounds up the groceries and hands some to Joshua.Here, we've got to go catch a cab.

Jed leads Snowden downstairs.  Once in the cab Jed checks his messages.  Looks like the payment from Knife and the Ancients cleared his account.  Sending off payments to Escher and the account on the invoice from the team leaves Jed with about $1,000.  Saddled with Snowden, he isn't sure how he is going to make rent in 3 weeks.  Besides, he can't stand to see someone use magic like this.  This club needs to come down.  Maybe Snowden is somehow a key in that, since they wanted him dead.  Maybe not.  But the cost of failure with Snowden was clear.  Only that single horse hair holds the Sword of Damocles off his neck.  Keep him alive and teach him how it is important to be a part of the world.  Relationships is something he obviously has no experience with. 

Mike.  I need to talk to Mike.  Mike, let me know when you are free.  I need to talk.  Gonna need to do an astral meeting, I have a new room mate.  That's what I need to talk about.

Marco.  What does he say to Marco.  Marco, thank you for letting us stay.  There is nothing I can do at this point except say I'm sorry for what he did while you were out on the date.  I travelled astrally to meet with the team.  He had rearranged the furniture when I returned.  I tried to leave without waking you.  It's like I have a 6 year old all of a sudden.  I can't even imagine what the cost of the stuff he threw out the window is, and don't imagine that I'll be in a position to replace it any time soon.  I am in your debt, but I don't know how to make it up.  Regards.  Jed

« Last Edit: <09-15-15/1357:04> by smilnirish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1724 on: <09-15-15/1620:52> »
Marco texts Jed >> There is serious financial damage, not to mention the time and effort it will take to replace, and my neighbors that my think that I have completely lost it - I may lose the apartment because of shit like this. I saved your life yesterday when you fell vast a sleep on the wheel and I trusted you to be a respectful house guest.  I don't know this Snowden dude, I am not rich like him I actually worked very hard so that I have a nice place to live in.  You should have either miss the appointment or do so with a phone call, and you definitely seem to be piling up the favors in this relationship

"No good deed goes unpunished" Thinks Marco.