NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1695 on: <09-13-15/1505:27> »
@ Arc The smell of burning brings Jaime hurrying from the bedroom just in time to see Arc pulling the pans from the stove. He looks at her reddened cheeks and says, "Dayum woman. If I'd known you could charcoal I would have invited you over sooner." He grins at you and hugs you. Then, kissing the top of your head he snags a piece of burned bacon and eats it in 2 bites. "You 'n Sail should swap recipes. Man can't stand anything not blackened." He laughs, "Or at least that's what he always said after he'd burned dinner, lunch, breakfast, soybars." he laughs again and snags another piece of bacon and it quickly follows the first. "I'm off today. Henri & I planned to strip a T75M89133P-A and see if we can adapt it to a M9-microdrone. Wanna come?"
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1696 on: <09-13-15/1533:31> »
@ Subaru  You spend part of your 'sleep time' arranging the data you'd discovered about the Green Goblins. It almost helped distract you from the thrice-cursed fleas. All of the members had jail time dating back from their tweens. Most notably three had been jailed for aggravated assault and battery associated with deaths. They'd only done minimal time though because in each case there'd been no one to prove that it hadn't been self-defense as they'd claimed. Their current leader was UpTown, a human who'd helped grow the gang from nine to twenty-three members and had moved them into players in the drug industry.

Boot strap says, "I'll take." he says with a motion of his head indicating you. "Need old money cred thing in stash." he spreads his hands and shrugs his shoulders."Like to like in magic." he ducks his head a bit trying not to look at you when he says it. Rabbit nods her head and says, "Caf 'n feed all." She hands him the cred stick and he nods again. Then he looks at you quickly and says, "No hopscotch." He takes you by safer routes that are still more rooftop than street. The young mage has little protection against the thugs on the street. But, he hasn't survived this long by being stupid. And more than once whispers instructions on how to cross quietly and safely. And once when a crossing forced a walk close to a loitering gang he gave you a quick hand sign to stop, and you see him concentrate and cast. A moment later a figure pops out and runs past the gang disappearing around a house, the gang members yell and give chase. Bootstrap watches and as soon as they're halfway down the street he signals you and darts across, leaping up to a small drain pipe and shimmying up it to the second story ledge. There's enough between the ledge and the handholds to make crossing safe for kids and soon he has you your place. Once you arrive he smiles at you shyly, and then immediately looks down.
« Last Edit: <09-13-15/1851:40> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1697 on: <09-13-15/1611:06> »
"Thank you, Bootstrap," I tell my fellow mage approvingly.  "You're are good guide.  It's easier to follow you than Lexi," I add with a conspiratorial grin.

I then get a little serious.  Despite my desperation to get in the shower, I want to mention something that's been on my mind since last night.  "When things calm down a bit, maybe the two of us can spend some time talking magic?  You're really good for someone self taught, but maybe I can teach you a trick or two?  And I'd love to learn how you cast illusions!"
« Last Edit: <09-14-15/1011:21> by Shaman_Yuri »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1698 on: <09-13-15/1716:48> »
Yelena holds Marco's hand as the young couple race by.  They seem thoroughly enamored with each other and taking life as fun. As they race off away from where Marco and Yelena are sitting, the older couple comes by and sits.  Yelena muffles a slight gasp, stiffens, and stands.  She walks to the lea of the lighthouse and lights up one of her small cigars, this action made more difficult due to the slight trembling in her hands.  She leans against the stone structure and lets the acrid smoke soothe her then drift away in the slight bit of wind that flows past her as she calms herself.  Here, sheltered a bit from the sun and the wind, she finds solace in the shadows at the base of the tower.  She feels the slight tendrils reaching out to her, questioning, pulsing with life, healing.  She turns to face the lighthouse, placing her forehead against the cold stone, allowing the shadowy tendrils to comfort her.

Yelena wonders how she can ever make Marco see the shadows, to see how important they are.  Others would see the two couple that she and Marco had observed as testaments to love.  But Yelena sees the truths.  The young couple is yet to experience the difficulties that will rend at them and tear them apart.  Money, lust, and neglect are still in their future.  They have little chance of living through these crises as a couple.  And the older couple; some would see their happiness and longevity as a good thing.  Yelena sees the betrayal.  The old man's body is betraying him and failing.  And the man is betraying the woman, who has lived her life to be with him, only to lose him before she is ready.  Love is doomed to fail and suffer a betrayal of some kind. 

The shadow is the only thing that is constant; that is real and permanent.  She shadow survives and allows survival.  It heals and gives succor, it comforts and provides a place to hide and live.  And it will eventually take everything.  But those who dwell in the shadows, who are of the shadows, already know this and accept the cost.  Yelena knows all of this but cannot put her deepest feelings into words.  Perhaps that is another part of the nature of the shadow; that one has to accept and live it to understand the shadow.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1699 on: <09-13-15/1758:58> »
Marco hugs Yelena, he whispers softly, “You are obsessed, obsessed with the idea of betrayal with the idea that the way things end effect their nature, and obsessed with the idea of time.” He say to her “Look at this young couple, even if they will not make it, they have this moment.  For that old couple, sure they’d probably be dead in a few years, but they lived their life and had their moments of happiness. A story can be beautiful, full of love and passion even if it ends poorly. We never know how much time we have - I could have never anticipate that I will be allowed to just leave. That my life will be spared and even if I am dead tomorrow I had two years of freedom and I lived in these two years."

"What make one moment of betrayal so much more important than another moment of true love? Even if our love never makes it, if one of us die or lose interest. Does it changes the fact that I love you and desire you now? That I loved you enough to restrain myself so that our first time is not just bliss, so that it is real. I did it for you because I wanted to build something real not just to exploit an opportunity to enjoy your body, while you are too far gone."

"Even if we do fail as lovers, fail as friends will it change the moments that we already had? moments of pure motives, genuine desire and the initial spark of love?  These are our moments, and they are real, every new moment is a gift and no future can ever change that.”

He sighs. “Yes, I will come to the shadows with you. I will do it for you, but I want to meet you in the middle. Where justice meet mercy and good encounters evil. I will remain true to you as long as you make your efforts to move toward the light. If you have to assassinate people, I will accept it. I will not like it and I will pray that you will reconsider, but I will accept what you are.

However, if you want to keep what we have, you will only kill when you must. Those that are not marks to be assassinated should  be subdued. They have families, they have loved ones their story should not end. If you respect life and take as little of them as you can, then I can be your friend, then I can love you.“

« Last Edit: <09-13-15/1801:29> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1700 on: <09-13-15/1819:23> »
The blushing red on Arc's face took some time to fade as she set the pans aside on nonheating portions of the stove to accept her Vrukart's embrace, pressing herself against him while he kissed her and sampled her 'cooking', his warmth providing good protection from the chill brushing against the underwear-clad girl.  "Mm.  Y'dont say.  Help yourself then, cooking that way is easy as drek"  Beaming a little with the reassurance, she stepped back, plating up the food as best as she could...some of the eggs were sticking quite badly, after all. 

At his offering to go with him to do some tech tinkering, her eyes lit up at the opportunity: her inner nerd was definitely piqued, and it showed in her posture and gaze.  "Really, you think that'll work?  I'd figure the logic interfaces from the T75 would have trouble translating into the M9's I/O processor, causing an overload of the EPS circuit systems.  You and Henri figure out a way to compensate?"  Thoroughly excited, the rigger practically wolfed down her breakfast with her man (Did I eat dinner last night?), an eager look on her face as she took the initiative to clean up after, yelping a bit as she felt her bum lightly smacked by Jaime.  Shooting him a playful glare, she sauntered away to get dressed, fixing up her hair as she squeezed herself into her jeans, stealing one of his shirts and slipping it over her shorter frame.  While she did so, she decided to send a message of to her Uncle, just to get stuff rolling for her night job.

<<@Hrock:  Hey Uncle, it's Arc here.  I think in the next day I'm going to be having to go watch a shooting star, without finding a meteor shower.  Do you know where I can find some meteor dust for then?  Love ya, hope you're good>>

Satisfied with that and pulling her jacket onto her body, she joined her Vrukart in heading out, offering to drive them over to Henri's to work on their project.  She was excited...she really like Jaime's fam, and was looking forward to running into them again...

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1701 on: <09-13-15/1941:22> »
@ Subaru. Bootstraps face lights up at the suggestion. "Yes!" He says eagerly. "I think you're amazing Renge!" As soon as the words tumble from his mouth he turns bright red and he stops and swallows. "Uh, that'd be wiz." He's barely able to get out the words and seems to find a fascination with his feet as he's saying them. "Uhh c'ya." He says as he darts off.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1702 on: <09-13-15/1949:57> »
@ Arc Jaime grabs a couple slices of bread and scoops up the eggs with them pouring hot sauce liberally on them and says, "Henri thinks that of we add more EPS units ganged in parallel and add a tertiary B17D to attenuate the signal that well get more functionality with far less heat and we'll be able to program the unit  to allow far greater flexibility  with the logic by improving the processor and still keep cost containment."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1703 on: <09-13-15/2008:58> »
Yelena just stands there.  How can she make him understand.  Her limited command of the English limits her ability to communicate effectively.  This has never really been a problem in the past, but now it provides a barrier that is hard to get past.  If he really comes with her, he will learn about the shadows as he goes, surviving or not.  She stands up straight and looks at him then moves to face him, locking her eyes to his.  Yelena places her hands to the sides of his face and kisses him.  Long, slow, passionate.  When they break, she places her head on his chest and wraps her arms around him.  In almost a whisper, she says, "OK.  Yelena try.  Shadows both light and dark.  Mix of both.  Yelena try go more light.  But Yelena already so dark.  Will be hard.  Too much light and Yelena not Yelena.  Is someone else.  Marco understand?  But try meet Marco in shadows.  Now, hold Yelena."

After a few moments that almost make it seem that what Marco wants is possible, Yelena bring herself back to the real world.  Still close to him, she looks up and says, Yelena need work today.  Go club.  See club man for money.  Not deposit yet and Yelena go find out why.  Marco want come?  Can be mouse Yelena pocket.  Use mojo help if needed.  Then Yelena meet decker girl for code work on dagger.  Yelena meet last night.  Marco was working.  Young girl Firefly.  Smart but young.  Yelena guess just on streets.  Maybe Corp or family isolation.  Might be runaway.  Might need help survive on street.  But sound smart.  Marco can meet.  Then both get ready date.  Yelena meet Bella 8PM.  So want come Yelena?"

At this point, Yelena thinks to send a quick confirmation note to Bella for the date.  >>Bella.  Is Yelena.  Hard to wait for date.  Just confirming place and time.  I have 8PM at club.  Is right?  Love.  Yelena.<<
« Last Edit: <09-13-15/2203:54> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1704 on: <09-14-15/0221:55> »
Marco say "I cancelled my date, I need some time to be myself. With all this pretending I seem to forget who I am." He sighs "I will come with you to the club, it will give me a justification for taking my Crusader with me.

I am not sure that we want to involve magic, I think that coming in with active magic is the equivalent of coming in with a gun pointed. If they find out about it, and they may because they do have magic security, they will be sure that we came to do troubles. How likely are they to try and off you? "

Talking this business is new to Marco, there are also Blake Ginny and Phoenix  to talk to, and Marco plans to have Phoenix takes a more active role in the drug gig. Because Marco is simply too busy to juggle it all by himself.
« Last Edit: <09-14-15/0252:38> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1705 on: <09-14-15/0230:43> »
Yelena shrugs.  "OK.  Yelena do as Marco say.  No mojo.  Could still come.  Or stay bike when Yelena go in.  Can bring gun.  Yelena not think they kill.  Just want know about pay.  No one cheat Virtual Goddess.  Never get service again."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1706 on: <09-14-15/0237:08> »
Marco say "I can come as someone else, want to leave right now?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1707 on: <09-14-15/0252:26> »
Yelena nods and bends over to pick up the detritus of the pizza lunch.  She takes Marco by the hand as they walk to the parking lot to retrieve the Scorpion, stopping at a litter container to drop off the trash.  Yelena climbs onto the large bike and Marco climbs aboard, putting his arms around the form of the Keeb.  Yelena fires up the powerful engine and smiles as she moves away from the beach.  The drive to the club in uneventful, except for the squeezes from her passenger.  These are not totally unpleasant and she has to wonder if they are intentional.  She cruises the roads and avenues to the club, staying within the speed limits and enjoying the presence of the Keeb behind her.  During the ride she sends a message off to her fixer.  >>Virtual Goddess.  Is Wanderer.  Checking to see if final payment made for completing contract.<<

All to soon, Yelena arrives at the club parking lot.  Securing the bike, she walks to the rear entrance she had used before, expecting a similar welcome. 

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1708 on: <09-14-15/0445:40> »
Riding a bike was a bit of a surprise, the speed and adrenaline seems exciting and yet just a bit scary. Marco has never tried that before. On the way he thinks about the mission and about Phoenix and Cain and the drugs. They need a discreet way to push drugs to cain, perhaps a rotodrone that will make daily shipments from the lab to Cain. That way Cain never actually meets anyone of them. That could work, and Marco can even disguise that rotodrone by magic so that nobody sees it.

They'll have a lab, and the lab will load a rotodrone, that will move disguised by magic to meet the dealer. Pehaps there is a way that the dealer does not even see the rotodrone. That way Cain knows nothing, he just miraculously receives drugs that he knows nothing about them.

They will make sure that the security is tight, and the fact that dealers know nothing about the operation will mean that they'll be able to recruit new dealers easier as the risk of betrayal is minimal.

They'll need good firewalls, a good decker. The drone will be scanned by a decker to make sure it was not compromised. Non of the other drug dealing gangs seems that sophisticated. Why shouldn't we take our fate on our own hands and do it. Such a sophisticated method of distribution will definitely give Marco an in to the club. To any gang imaginable, if it is shadows - than Marco can run a massive shadow operation that will finance many safe houses around the city, drones for Arc, expensive augmentations for Yelena... and bikes! bikes are exciting!

Planning a future together with a woman have never seem so dark as it does now. But if Marco wants to enter the shadows, he wants to run the operation rather than dance to the flute of others. Perhaps his scheme will actually work,  most gangs do not have access to this kind of sophistication. To magic, to technology and to non violent people that can actually think clearly.

Why spend life working for gangs, when we can be just as talented. Why pleasing gang lords when we can become the powerful people of the shadows.
If we manage to topple the stardust who will dare to even move against us? we will be legendary and filthy rich. But for that to happen Marco will have to dive deep into the shadows. Perhaps tossing his minibar down the balcony was just the push he needed to be a Shadowrunner. Perhaps the love and loyalty of a shadow legend. Of a legendary assassin that can teach him the ropes.

Nobody should know a thing and the gang can get rich, heck if we can actually topple the Stardust we can form a mean ass and smart gang. Selling amazing drugs and staying alive to do so. Money, fame and fortune - stop being a pawn and start running the show, how exciting is that?

Marco felt like he was gaining confidence, he felt like he had a new goal in life. If he enters the shadows he will do so with style, in his own unique way that is non violent and depends on massive social skills and connections. On being many different people.

As he gained confidence he grabbed Yelena tightly. "Perhaps I was dark all along, I just suppressed it so badly. I am not suppressing anymore, it is go big or go home for me."

« Last Edit: <09-14-15/0500:26> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1709 on: <09-14-15/0616:08> »
@ Marco. Dr. Kawashigiri contacts you, >Breaking an appointment is extremely unprofessional. If you can't make it send Ginny.<<