NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1320 on: <08-13-15/0048:11> »
@ Yelena  TriggerT's eyebrow raises a bit when she just slots the cred stick without haggling. But he nods, "It's a fair price, and I can appreciate you knowing it. And the reason no one else notices is one, because the difference in what it is and what it should be is less than 2 mils. Just enough to make the Ares more comfortable. Two, because all they want is to sell you something. And three 'cause they're paying more attention to yer other assets rather than paying attention to their job." He tucks the tablet back into it's pocket. "I'll get on the comm to my guy first thing in the morning. And I'll have a date fer you to go see 'im a'fore the days out. Depending on the work ee's already got lined up it could take a week maybe two. But, you 'kin go out there and work with 'im an the weapon fer a month if you wanna. Till yer satisified with the end product. Now a month'll cost you more. Yer price was fer up ta three days out there. But, 'ee takes pride in 'is work. An if it takes a month, an yer willin ta pay fer it. You ken."
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1321 on: <08-13-15/0057:05> »
Yelena nods.  "Wanderer come by later.  Pick up ammo and small things.  May need adapt case for new ammo.  TriggerT recommend who can?  Wanderer professional.  Want best.  Best mean live.  Drek mean die.  Work with man as long as can.  Wanderer thank TriggerT. 

"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1322 on: <08-13-15/0959:38> »
"Jed... Jed... are you there buddy? " It takes Marco a short while to understand that Jed is far gone. Probably dreaming his astral dream already. "So this is why he took a sit." Thinks Marco.
Having some time to burn until Jed returns he circles the place trying to plan an access route to where he last sensed who he thinks was Snowden.
[spoiler]
Perception: 6d6t5 2
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-13-15/1002:12> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1323 on: <08-13-15/1028:46> »
As Yelena and TriggerT return to the others, she laughs and says, "So TriggerT more interest in Wanderer finger than other assets?  Pleased and sad same time."

When they get back to Arc and Hrock, the repair party is in full swing.  Yelena walks to where some coveralls are hanging on a wall, selects a set near her size, and slips them on.  She moves to where Arc is and bends over to help.  "Sorry took so long.  Wanderer get lost with new guns."  Yelena pitches in as she can.  She knows her way around a tool kit, but her skills are nothing compared to those of the other two.  By the time the initial work is done her face is smudged with grease and a knuckle on her left hand is slightly bruised after an encounter with a wrench.

During the short break, Yelena takes the opportunity to send a message.  >>Virtual Goddess.  Is Wanderer.  Contract complete.  Wanderer wait for payment from employer.<<
« Last Edit: <08-13-15/1059:49> by Mercy Merchant »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1324 on: <08-13-15/1517:54> »
Jed approaches the dragon respectfully and bows low.  Good evening Otohime-sama.  This is as fast as I could get here, as my shell was on the other side of the city.  If it were possible to bring my shell into the astral to get it here faster I would have, but of course, this is not possible.  I brought some help with me.  Our plan is for him to physically bring the body out, while having a spirit disguise itself as Snowden's body it place of his real body.  How do I return his mana to his body?  I did not expect what you have done because I was not aware it was possible.  I anticipated a powerful illusion  to fool the intruders, while you put him to sleep.  What you've done is outside of common understanding, possibly even all human understanding.

Jed pauses, trying to make her understand things that she so obviously doesn't, without sounding as though he is accusing.  If this goes sideways, defeating her is not possible.  Convincing her that he would be of some use would be his only chance. 

Forgive me Otohime-sama, but my trouble is not lack of motivation.  You've made clear the penalty for failure.  I am at the limits of my capability.  I did not have a life that lent itself to magical research.  I need you to instruct me on how to proceed once I have obtained his body. My associate is awaiting my instructions.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1325 on: <08-13-15/1931:18> »
@ Yelena  "If you want a stock box I've got several styles over here." TriggerT walks you over to the section of accessories. "I've got them with and without shielding. I've even got several that do a more than passable job of looking like other things. Those are generally the smaller ones. But, if you want a full on custom job I've got a young lady goes by the name of SwirlyGirly does good work. Could make your own eyes think what she wants even though you know damn well it's your ammo case. She'll do cases for your pieces also. But she prefers more latitude there. Hates to do the same thing twice and hates making it look mundane. Makes it a bit of a liability. But she once made a 'case' for a gatling gun that looked like a full on alien motorcycle custom job. It even ran. Nearly got impounded, so l always caution new prospects 'bout that." He tells you as he's showing you the accessories. Once the halfer warms up to his subject he's downright chatty and it's a bit before he & Yelena get back to the others. By then they're in full swing and more than half the job is done.

@ Arc  Hrock nods, "Ummph, pull that out a bit more." he concentrates for a moment on the piece, "You bring 'im by sometime. I be happy ta meet 'im." another frown. "Drek, this things to far gone. We're gonna have ta replace the whole thing." he straightens up and goes and gets a new part. "You know, we might want ta replace the muffler and give you an oil pan that 'kin stand up ta a little abuse while we're workin'."

@ Marco  Marco can feel the life forces in the house, but only dimly, and if Snowden's life signs are masked, it's almost certainly not him. But, it's almost certainly where the biggest concentration of life forces are. And that's below ground to the north by northwest, less than 150m away.

@ Jed  She looks at you frowning, You have so many limits in that shell. It makes true understanding difficult, and sometimes impossible. I separated him as it is as close to true death as he can become. I wanted him to understand the second chance he will be given so that he may embrace it. BabyJ has hidden from himself so long he does not know where he is. And I do not seek for him to learn that path. I wish him to forge a new one. Thus the reason for my choice. The dreaming he will do will be true. The insights gained will be his own. You will guide him in forging a path because you will lead him down roads you have been to afraid to take. Once you have him in a true circle I will come and return his mana to him. But you must hurry as the wind, every moment is precious. Even now he begins dying in truth, She says pointing once again to the bonsai. And you hear and see her chanting and signing, silvering the tree with magic. But, her efforts are only partially successful.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1326 on: <08-13-15/1954:44> »
@Ambrose    The pretty young woman smiles as she says, "Nice to meet you, Phoenix.  So, John is your son, then?  He seems nice, but then we've never really spoken more than a few words at one time."  She looks around the kitchen before adding, "About the KE assholes?  I doubt they are looking for me.  Probably after that fragging drek of a human being calling himself Sebastian.  I told him not to get messed up with Yak drek, but I am just the hired help so what do I know?  Well, here I am, getting warm and he is cuffed and on his way to the lock-up.  From what I was able to see, he was hopping about in his skivvies trying to stay warm.  I hope they keep him a while."  She sniffs and smiles.  "Say, is that coffee I smell?  Would you mind if I made a cup?"

"Coffee?" he asks, watching her move about the boat. "If there is any, its in that cupboard over there." his hand waves towards the kitchen. He didn't want to make a scene earlier, and he's trying to do his best to avoid making one now. Most likely this girl is a poisoner and is looking to poison the food supply, if she is from the Yak.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1327 on: <08-13-15/2030:28> »
@ Arc  Hrock nods, "Ummph, pull that out a bit more." he concentrates for a moment on the piece, "You bring 'im by sometime. I be happy ta meet 'im." another frown. "Drek, this things to far gone. We're gonna have ta replace the whole thing." he straightens up and goes and gets a new part. "You know, we might want ta replace the muffler and give you an oil pan that 'kin stand up ta a little abuse while we're workin'."

Arc followed the direction effortlessly, using the provided tools and showing off the ones that she installed in her arm as appropriate.  She agreed on the one part being gone, tossing it aside grimly and taking the replacement from the Ork before installing it herself, tightening a few bolts.  "Yeah, Uncle.  I think you'd like him.  Super chill"  She hmmed a bit, giving a nod.  "I see your point omae.  To be honest, I wasn't expecting to deal with a full four point lift and drop...I don't think the car was either, to tell ya the truth.  Yeah, let's do that, and I'll spot ya back when i can, amirite?"  She laughed and shrugged, her focus back on the car and her blush finally fading.

It was around that point that Yelena and TriggerT had rejoined them, the elf pitching in with some labor and help.  Wiz.  This be what friends and family be, huh..  Smiling happily, she handed the Russian a socket wrench and pointed at a bolt that needed tightening.  "Gun stuff, huh?  Maybe gon' needa have a talk after I get my current job done.  Talking shop, drek like that.."  The short human knew the man could hear her, and she turned and gave an appreciative, happy nod to the halfer.

The time ticked on, and the work seemed to happen lightning fast, with two and a half trained experts fixing the car up.  Arc coughed a bit as she covered her mouth with one hand as she sprayed the last bit of plasteel over the undercarriage, effectively sealing it up into a full unit.  "I...think that's about it, huh..."  Checking the time, she went a little wide as her ARO clock blinked up showing a distinct 3:08 AM Fri. Dec. 09 right in front of her.  The realization of the time must have killed any adrenaline the breeder had in her system, because Arc suddenly felt, and probably looked, tired as drek.  Stifling a yawn, she leaned up against the back wall, almost looking listless as she rubbed her eyes.  "Hell of a night, Srui...remind me to think before jumping into one of your shindigs, eh?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1328 on: <08-13-15/2314:26> »
Yelena nods and replies, Wanderer like custom job.  TriggerT give girl Wanderer link code.  Have custom case now, but new ammo make too small.  Wanderer thank gun man."

Yelena smiles as she works on the car.  "Srui notice scarred paint?  Must be mojo bolt hit.  Hrock got paint?  Wanderer fix."  After putting a coat of matching paint on the car in the place the lightning bolt had nicked, Yelena stepped back and gave a satisfied nod at her work.  She went back to being the primary wrench holder for the other two and was happy to be a part of this.  All of them exchanged small barbs as they worked and Yelena was surprised at how much she enjoyed that.

When they were done, Yelena caught Arc's look and chuckled.  "Yes.  Wanderer need sleep.  Time go home?  Or Srui go rigger man?"
« Last Edit: <08-14-15/0017:29> by Mercy Merchant »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1329 on: <08-13-15/2321:33> »
@Ambrose  Ginny nods and walks to the indicated cupboard before turning around and saying.  "You know, I do hate to just use someone's stuff.  There is an all-nite dive just off the wharf that serves good food.  My treat."  She moves over to Phoenix and holds out a hand.  "Look.  I would feel more comfortable and maybe you would, too.  Get a chance to see if I am the type to poison your food or coffee.  What do you say?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1330 on: <08-14-15/0210:49> »
Marco tries to make his way toward that spot where life is strongest.  If only just to have a look, Jed is probobly in the astral not far from there and can see him. Or can he? Marco is not sure - but decides to try and understand whats going on in there.

He figures that he really does not know how the astral works, but Jed must have been gone for a very long time as they had no deepweed. Who knows how long he'll stay in the astral, more information may help Marco understand exactly how the two can use their resources.
« Last Edit: <08-14-15/0212:46> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1331 on: <08-14-15/0316:47> »
@ Marco  Marco slides through the wards as easily as walking through a light mist. And when he hops over to where the life forms are the strongest it's easy for him to tell that they are centered on something in the middle of them.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1332 on: <08-14-15/0743:54> »
oh, DREK  Arc had completely missed the scarring from the lightning bolt that ricocheted off her car at the beginning of the getaway, much to her embarrassment.  Nodding to the keeb, the human and the ork both pointed her in the right direction for some paint, the former giving an appreciative nod and smile.  "Thanks, girly.  Might needa shake the can a bit.  Motion you ain't unfamiliar with, eh?"  It was a harmless jest, and elicited a bout of laughter between the group as the project came to a satisfying conclusion.

Glancing up at her blood sister, Arc gave herself a little shrug, smiling a bit more.  "I know my vruk must be worried as frag all about me.  I should probably go to him.  You can take whichever ride you want, and I'll meet up with you tomorrow?  I thoughta heard Marco say he wanted to regroup, but iunno..."  Grunting, Arc yawned again as she hopped over to Hrock, giving him a happy hug.  "I owe ya big for this, Uncle, you hear me?  Anytime in my power, you name it aight?"

Turning to the Russian Yelena, the human gave a nod and a hug as well.  "We lived for another day.  I'm liking our streak.  Shall we go?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1333 on: <08-14-15/1013:41> »
Yelena laughs out loud at the suggestion.  "Srui right.  Wanderer shake many cans in life.  Many, many cans."

When all is done, Yelena takes the bike and lets Arc have the car.  "Arc take car.  Go rigger man.  Wanderer meet later.  Too early go Z so go home for sleep."  With that she shakes hands with both Hrock and TriggerT, then hugs her Srui.  Oh, Wait.  Wanderer forget.  Here hair drone.  Not want lose."  She stores her weapons case and Marco's things on the bike and climbs on the Scorpion.  Engaging the motor, she feels the heavy thrum of the powerful machine and heads away from the garage into the early morning.  The streets are still mostly deserted as this is the time of day when even most of the gangers and prostitutes have finished their business and gone home.  She cruises through the Barrens, feeling very much at home here.  The shadows that are life itself to her reach out and let her know that she is safe for now.  Arriving at home she wheels the bike into the garage and carries her weapons case and Marcos stuff into the room she shares with Arc.  After stowing the weapons, Yelena then strips and showers before climbing into bed. 

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1334 on: <08-14-15/1139:33> »
Arc gave a nod of agreement to the elf as they said their thank yous and goodbyes, the pair hopping into their respective rides and departing from the garage into the late night.  For a rare occurrence in her life, the little human left the autopilot working, too wiped by the night's events to trust herself at the wheel.  She sniffed the interior air...no sign of gunfire or even of a conflict to be detected. Just the fitting, familiar scent that denotes the work of a mechanic.  The familiar scent relaxed Arc immensely by the time she arrived at her vrukart's home. 

Making an alarm to wake herself up, she also made a reminder to try to contact Yelena and Marco in the morning.  And to check out those video feeds for Ambrose.  Arc made her best attempt to be quiet and nondisturbing as she could as she made her way to the apartment, letting herself in and shifting the door behind her.  Stripping at the door, the human tossed the clothes over to the laundry area to shake off the grime and subtle smell she had picked up before trying to reach the bedroom.  Googling to the bed, the girl slid herself between the sheets and silently curled up next to the man's sleeping form, hugging him as her mind swirled over all she learned today before succumbing to the tender and welcome embrace of sleep...