NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #1305 on: <08-11-15/2008:06> »
Blake let himself fall slowly onto the couch. He lets himself rest for about an hour just to get the ringing out of his head.

[spoiler] ravensoracle:7D6E5 → 2( (3, 2, 4, 6, 1, 6, 2→ 2 successes against 5) )#Body + Wil to heal Stun damage (1 hour interval)

All Stun Damage healed, 4 boxes of Physical left. [/spoiler]

Once he has a chance to clear the cobwebs form his head he changes his clothes and heads out again. Riding the bike isn't exactly the most comfortable thing in his condition. But he manages to make it to one of Sam's safe houses. The apartment complex was on the edges of Redmond. It still was in the Barrens but it was in a nicer area. A place with the security that Blake knew Sam looked for. He'd already been here earlier in his search for the man, but now he wasn't looking for the man. Blake was looking for information and supplies. He began to go through the apartment meticulously as he could.  If he could find a medkit he'd be grateful just to ave some pain relief. His main goal though was to find Sam's emergency stash of cred and gear.

Cred would go a long way to get the getting this job done.

[spoiler]ravensoracle:12D6E5 → 5( (6, 6, 2, 2, 1, 5, 2, 2, 3, 3, 5, 6→ 5 successes against 5) )#Intuition 4 +perception 6 + actively looking 3 - 1 wounds (Searching the apartment)[/spoiler]
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1306 on: <08-11-15/2128:19> »
As Arc was conversing with her old friend the smuggler, her mind began to wander, recalling the first time she met the gentle tusker.  She had to have been around thirteen years old at the time, or as the girl likes to put it, the 'time they started realizing I had talent' age.  While waiting for Hrock to total the costs that she had requested, she remembered their first encounter with each other....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The summer was hot...add the insulating layer of smog over the Barrens, and you've got a surprising warm spot of Seattle to get baked alive in.  The short scrawny girl in oversized street clothes...little better than rags...despite feeling faint half the time enjoyed this season, as the heat would draw out the smells familiar with engines; a happy association for her, given that when she was fixing stuff for the Howlers, they weren't beating her.  Except this time she was a little distracted...Sarge's Warhawk needed a new cylinder pin, and her attempts to cobble one together herself were unsuccessful.  Licking her lips, the young teen eyed the open trunk of a fairly fit trog, likely in his twenties, having spotted the contents.  Jackpot..  It was full of various parts and brick a brack, but the human could tell a few gun parts were in the mix.

Waiting for her moment, the little Arc itched at the metal implants dotting her cybereyes, hoping they don't start burning again and making her have to shut them off for a bit.  Seeing the trog step away for a smoke, she sprang into action, darting from her cover behind a trash can to behind a bench, then to the trunk.  Acting fast, her little hands rifled through the selection, searching with no small amount of desperation for her part until she was interrupted by a cough and a large,firm hand on her shoulder whipping her around.

"Y'know I tend to hurt those who steal from me.  So, little lady, give me one good reason why I should make an exception, and while you're at it, tell me why a little thing as you wants drek like this, hm?"

By this point the girl was already shaking and flinching, expecting a tirade and some blows, but his voice came in calm and stable...not what she was expecting at all.  Eventually her cybereyes glanced up at him from heavily soiled and unkempt hair, her voice small and quiet.  "...p-please...I need a p-p-pin...S-S-Sarge'll make me sleep outs-s-ide without food again if I d-don't fix his piece...I-I can't pay..."

The ork seemed to soften his gaze as he kept his hand on her shoulder, instead taking a knee to see eye level with the short girl.  "One sec, little lady. You fixing something for Sarge, huh?  I know that name, that's a Howlers name...so they put you to work without the parts and then punish you for failing huh?"   The girl only slowly nodded, still trembling all the while, but the ork visibly softened his expression.  She's stealing to survive.  Gutsy, or desperate, but this one's a survivor.  "...I don't give my goods away for free...but take the part you need.  Come by here this time every week, I may have need of a helper for a while, and we call that payment, yeah?"

Arc didn't know how to respond to that, her eyes going wide.  Being a 'pet' for five years or so now, the idea of being talked to not as an inferior was a shock.  After a moment of pause, she slowly gave a nod, smiling and darting up once she was released, hands darting into the trunk and picking out the cylinder pin she needed.  The ork stood right behind her, stopping her before she could dart away again.  "Another thing...I'm here every few days.  Next time you get one of these "projects" what need fixing and need parts, you find me, you hear?  None of this stealing stuff, and this way you only got your Howlers to worry about, aight?"

Cheeks flashing red, Arc could only stare up at him with her mouth parted slightly in shock.  She did give one nod, her lips curling into a smile as tears threatened to emerge.  "I..I will!  Pak Alunat"  She spouted her thank you in a very crude Or'Zet before darting off and out of sight, renewed vigor in her step...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arc couldn't help but give herself a little chuckle at that memory, shaking her head slightly with a grin.  Just think if I hadn't met this trog, I may not have learned my driving skills...or some of my tech talents.  I owe a lot to this hoop..

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1307 on: <08-11-15/2343:16> »
"Phoenix." he repiles, at least giving her a shake of the hand before moving back to sit in one of the chairs of the boat. "Well, like I said you can relax here, but I'm neither going to assist you or the KE. I'm just an old man after all, trying to relax on his boat." He was a simple man, and luckily had put away all the things he was using for the drugs he needed ot make for Marco's plan after running into Blake.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1308 on: <08-12-15/0047:27> »
@Ambrose    The pretty young woman smiles as she says, "Nice to meet you, Phoenix.  So, John is your son, then?  He seems nice, but then we've never really spoken more than a few words at one time."  She looks around the kitchen before adding, "About the KE assholes?  I doubt they are looking for me.  Probably after that fragging drek of a human being calling himself Sebastian.  I told him not to get messed up with Yak drek, but I am just the hired help so what do I know?  Well, here I am, getting warm and he is cuffed and on his way to the lock-up.  From what I was able to see, he was hopping about in his skivvies trying to stay warm.  I hope they keep him a while."  She sniffs and smiles.  "Say, is that coffee I smell?  Would you mind if I made a cup?"
« Last Edit: <08-12-15/0151:34> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1309 on: <08-12-15/0207:22> »
Crazy plan, but isn't that why you asked for his help?  You're just the snoop.Marco, it sounds good.

Escher, can you cover us on the cameras?

Jed likes the idea of covering astral, since that is what he is accustomed to anyway.  Plus, he gets to see Otohime this way.  Jed had felt his other spirit slip away when it was finished helping Yelena.  Time for another one.

[spoiler]summoning spirit.  Irish:14D6E5 → 3( (1, 3, 5, 3, 2, 1, 4, 1, 4, 5, 2, 2, 1, 6→ 3 successes against 5) )[/spoiler]

Jed proceeds finds a secluded spot to hide his shell, motions to Marco, and starts following her scent.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1310 on: <08-12-15/0559:25> »
Marco's hear races as Jed agrees with the plan. "We are actually going to do THAT?" Marco could imagine a trid where this kind of stuff is being executed but actually going for it? this is insane they can get captured or killed.  Marco cannot understand, how come everyone around him is so brave - when he can barely force himself into functioning.
Marco is a bird and very socially skilled so little about his inner struggle can be shown. Most of it in his aura, but the fear he feels is real and constant. Marco tries to cope with his fear with a short prayer. "J please give me the bravery to save this person, despite being such a cowered. Please make sure this day is not the end of my story." The rest are more formal prayers that help him cope with fear. "The goal is just - I must be strong" he thinks.

Marco tries to summon a demon, He thinks "Asmodeus, I desire your help"
"Busy!" is the reply he receives and it echos so loud in his mind, he feels physical pain. "Asmodeus! Come! it is important!" He thinks, still struggling to maintain his spell and contain the pain from the first reply. The second time goes a better. Marco feels how mana is drawn from the metaplanes and forms a powerful demon next to him. "Okay, Okay I am here... now what, got another wounded kitten I need to heal?"
Marco answers "Actually, tonight you are going to trick meta humanity to think you are a dead person... I'll give the formal service soon when the time is right. Thanks for coming", he thinks at the demon. Ignoring the insult, the mental picture of Yelena as a little kitten and the pain he suffered from the demons previous voice.

He tries to nod to Jed, but have no idea how to do so in his bird form, instead he thinks at Jed "Okay... I am ready, the demon is ready lets go steal a body can you take us to the location?"
« Last Edit: <08-12-15/1226:33> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1311 on: <08-12-15/1100:45> »
Fri. Dec 12th 10:33 am
@ Blake  The search is slow, methodical and above all thorough. After all, Blake knew just exactly how paranoid a bastard Stewart really was. And he'd have hidden it against just this type of search. So the brick with a loose edge in the wall really was just a brick. And the window casing was just a window casing. And the vent was just a vent. And the table really was just a table. But the loose bolt holding one of the chairs together was an old fashioned key. And the old fashioned keyhole was found when he unscrewed the light bulb from it's socket above the table. When he turned it, the entire ceiling swung down. Jackpot! Damn it was heavy! Hmmm, makes sense he thought as he looked at the layers. Insulated and shielded against prying on both sides it was actually amazing that it was so thin. Must have cost a mint to install it. And when he looked at everything the false ceiling had hidden, And God bless Stewie and his paranoia. There were weapons, surveillance equip. toxins, several different toolkits including a lockpicking one, SIN's, and five different cred sticks. Two of the SIN's were tied to images that Blake had seen Stew. use. Likely the other ones were too. Yep, this was the face that Marco guy had had on when he met him. And if Marco is even half as good a lying SOB as Stewart was this job still had a chance. I just have to get him on board with doing the job, instead of looking for Stew. he shakes his head, Damn, when did I turn into this? Blake is filling his pockets and strapping weaponry quickly and efficiently in concealed areas of his body while he's thinking. Finished even as the last thought runs through his brain. And as he double checks the time to the meet with Marco, he realizes he's just packed his entire body the way Stewart had taught him, and in the one min. 12 seconds that Stewart had made him drill for for over 3 hrs. sigh Yeah.
« Last Edit: <08-12-15/1210:13> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1312 on: <08-12-15/1111:04> »
Fri. Dec 12th 01:42am.
@ Jed  Escher responds, >>Here<< a brief pause, then, >>Ok, I've looped the feeds so you won't be seen. And I've been able to create a window into the security grid for you. I've placed a passcode into his security for you so that everywhere you go the system will think you're an authorized maintenance user. Passcode is 19734862. You can tell me how awesome I am after you get out of there.<<
« Last Edit: <08-12-15/1213:58> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1313 on: <08-12-15/1234:48> »
@ Arc "So hand me that beer Cricket and then the laser torch. After all, a man's always gotta keep his priorities straight." He grins at you, already rolling a toolbox large enough to bury a troll next to the car. Your Uncle Hrock is relaxed and in his element when he's handling tools, it's one of the things you have in common. And seeing him there brings a sense of security after all the crazy that this night had brought.
« Last Edit: <08-12-15/1941:24> by ismilealot »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1314 on: <08-12-15/1950:05> »
@ Jed  Passing through the wards is as easy as passing through a cool light mist. And her 'scent' is jasmine and honeysuckle and pepper and mana. Mana has a scent? I never noticed that before. But, this is distinctly mana that I'm smelling.. It's leading him up. Until once again he's in the garden. This time she's seated at a table. It looks like she's working on a small bonsai. She looks up when she see's him and frowns. You are late. More and more of his mana is being cut off from him. She says pointing to the small tree. You can see that it's dying, little patches of brown on many of the tips.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1315 on: <08-12-15/2116:21> »
@ Arc "So hand me that beer Cricket and then the laser torch. After all, a man's always gotta keep his priorities straight." He grins at you, already rolling a toolbox large enough to bury a troll next to the car. Your Uncle Hrock is relaxed and in his element when he's handling tools, it's one of the things you have in common. And seeing him there brings a sense of security after all the crazy that this night had brought.

Arc gave a little grin as she made note of Yelena darting out of the garage with TriggerT.  Must have something she's interested in.  Aight  Shrugging it off, the short human handed her mentor a beer before opening up the toolbox, pulling out the various parts they would need to fix the body.  At that moment, it struck her.  Marco had the car invisible and the only reason we could be spotted was because their mojo cop used his mojo vision.  Which means they don't know the color, they don't know the plates.  Just some kinda sedan that got a bit of lower body damage.  Wiz  "Think we can hold off on the ID plates and the paint for now, but if the money's good, I may wanna later, wiz?"  Smirking, the girl lifted her right cyberhand up after removing her jacket, activating her attached arc welding tool in her arm while handing Hrock the laser torch.  "Let's go to work..."

Damage to the undercarriage, while certainly not expected to happen with normal use of cars, was thankfully handled well.  The tires took most of the weight, passing it through the suspension and dissipating most of the force, what's left is spread amongst the relatively flat covering plate that runs the car's bottom.  Once the car was lifted, one glance at the undercarriage confirmed this for the stout human.  "We gonna need that can of spray-on plasteel as well.  Whaddya say, you cut the bent bits, I'll fuse what pieces I can, go from there?"
She felt relieved to be having help to get this job fixed and get the worry of being identified out of her hair...with two people, she wouldn't have to stay out all night.

Which reminded her...  "Uncle...man, we gotta keep in touch more often.  Find an evening to hang and catch up, you know?  I'll have to introduce you to my Vrukart then...comes from a tech family, great dude.  You'd like him.  Hey, easy on that torch, I can use that piece!"

[spoiler]Automotive Mechanic: 9d6t5 5
Extended test or no, team test or no, at 1 box of damage repaired per hit,  that's a lovely roll :D[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-13-15/0146:49> by SgtBoomCloud »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1316 on: <08-12-15/2211:16> »
@ Arc  Hrock jerks up so fast he bangs his head on the rear view mirror, "VRU-OWWW!" Holding his head he takes a quick look to assess the damage out of sheer habit. He's staring at you with his jaw open. When he finally closes it he says, "Well, you're not showing yet. But humans generally don't show till late with the first. So, well, congratulations. I guess it's about time. A techie huh, froma family of 'em. Well good on you Cricket! Like I said, 'bout time!" He stares at you a moment longer and then grins grabbing the torch again. He says, "So, hold that bit with the pipe wrench and push when I say so. So what's 'is name?"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1317 on: <08-12-15/2234:34> »
Arc blinked and busted out laughing as Hrock nursed his head injury, sitting back and shaking her head.  She paused at his comments, tilting her head and blushing a little bit before giving him a shove with her arm.  Grabbing the wrench, she held the piece in place as she snorted at him.

"Torusk Kan'tet Parulas?  Bich, vut ayya!  I've only been with him a week or so, man.  No way in hell that's going down already!"  her face turned quite the shade of red through her grin as she helped him with that particular piece.  In truth, with all the drama and goings on with the others, the human had been entirely focused on her work, not much thought afforded to anything else.  ...nah, no way.  No way in hell that'd go down so quickly...   

"His name's Jaime.  Think he used to do some mili stuff, but now he does some tech.  Part time's at a hospital to help peeps work new cyberware, which is how I met him"  She nodded to her arm and control rig plate as her example.  "Totally down with the trog way, too...his sis married his tusker best friend who's a legit engineer, and they got three kids.  The daughters are downright wizheads, I'm telling you."  It didn't take a genious to see the smile on her face was genuine...rare, but genuine.  "He is aware of the drek I do and got no beef with that, long as I'm honest about it.  I can tell he worries though..but you know me, Uncle.  Once I got something I want mine, ain't nothing getting in my way...here, hnn..."   

She pushed on the wrench, effectively flattening out the bent piece of plasteel they were working on, quickly welding the pieces together, a quick coat of spray-on smoothing it out..road dirt would cover up the rest.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1318 on: <08-12-15/2358:45> »
@ Yelena, TriggerT nods his head and pulls out a tablet. A few taps later he hands it to her. "There, that lists everything including exact amounts of ammo and what kinds. I can tell you right now my ammo is fresh. None of that been in a mil. factory for so long it's been forgotten and they're just hoping it gets stolen fer the excitement an so that they can replace it with new drek. And I've got a guy that kin do the custom work fer yer stock and sights. I kin already tell with the way you hold it you'll need it rebalanced just a bit to compensate fer yer roll. And you like Ares 'cause with that slightly shorter index finger it fits yer hand an trigger finger better. I kin get a guy make the adjustments so that any weapon kin be made to suit your hand an style. Give you more options. Especially when you start talking larger weapons. It'll cost a little more. But you'll be much happier with the end results, an get it quicker too. My guy'll want you on site ta try it out fer the last adjustments though. An when yer done it'll fit yer hand an style like a wedding dress fits a bride." When Yelena looks at the price she knows why the hard sell. The markup on the custom work is 25% over standard. But the ammo is at 10% discount and the gun itself is list. And considering that she might be coming back here . . . . . . Maybe she can negotiate that price down a bit. After all, a place like this, with TriggerT's obvious expertise is valuable. And a happy repeat customer is always good for business.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1319 on: <08-13-15/0015:20> »
Yelena looks at the list carefully then pulls a cred stick from a pocket and slots it, transferring the amount requested.  She removes the stick and hands the pad back.  "Wanderer not wiggle over cost.  Just leave if not like.  Quality is quality and Wanderer like."  She holds out her hand to shake his.  "In all years no other notice short finger.  Not even sax man.  TriggerT notice things.  Wanderer like that.  Where meet man and when pick up guns?"

Yelena moves to the exit and goes through, waiting on the other side for TriggerT to emerge. 
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>