NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #870 on: <06-29-15/1747:29> »
Jed sends a "thank you" response to Arc.  Interesting.  He then sends out a group message:

@Yelena, Marco, Arc Had hoped for an opportunity to assense the mark before Yelena does her job.  Its sounding like we are all on board here.  Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on pulling the rabbit out of the hole long enough for me to see the color of its fur.   House is warded, so I couldn't see anything last night.  Let me know if you have any ideas.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #871 on: <06-29-15/2045:52> »
Ambrose had a job to do before they could spring the trap. He was working on a strategy in his head, one he had been working on ever since he had escaped. He knew what they were going to do, and they did it. They marked the car, now was for them to take the bait and bring them to a little roach motel. What he needed was a warehouse, or something where he could work in it, to set the trap.

They had powerful deckers, he would have to assume, that if they were trying to, would hunt him down quickly and efficiently, sending in a kick in the door group. Common tactics after all. But Deckers had a small problem, and that was old fashioned tech that wasn't connected to the Matrix. So that meant he needed to make something that was all directly connected to what he wanted to work with. A few hundred feet of cord, spliced together to a control center away from the trap.

He did need to make sure he didn't run into any mages, they would certainly put a damper on the plan, other than that though.. Close the door, gas the goons. Interrogate them then kill them off in a way that makes it look like professional hit men. Follow the same idea as the drugs. Make them bigger, grander, and more mysterious than could possibly possible.

Speaking of the drugs, he began working on the batch of them today. The first was unicorn's blood, a thick paste drug.. tasted a bit like cherries and mint. Then there was the philsopher stone, a rather.. odd compound of crystals that would react to the Methanol in the Unicorn blood drug.

[spoiler]
Drugs take 2: 10d6t5 4
[/spoiler]
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #872 on: <06-29-15/2120:37> »
@ Jedediah  Escher contacts you, >>Found it! the signal goes to a national network used by several government agencies. The Mage Licensing Division, the Center for Research into Paranormal Infestations, Fiends and Foul Magics Division and the National Database of Hauntings and Recoverable Assests. Not sure what you're doing with any of those guys, but whatever it is stop it. Give a guy more trouble than a Trojan Horse and no downloadable assets to show for it..<<

@ Ambrose  This batch seemed to go well as far as he could tell. Or at least everything in a 3m radius is still here.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #873 on: <06-29-15/2146:17> »
<<Right. My trap isn't set up, so i have no desire to touch it.>> he texts back. <<Your friend is needing me to get back to Cooking. I think unicorn blood and philospher stones are needed for this. >>

Jed sends a "thank you" response to Arc.  Interesting.  He then sends out a group message:

@Yelena, Marco, Arc Had hoped for an opportunity to assense the mark before Yelena does her job.  Its sounding like we are all on board here.  Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on pulling the rabbit out of the hole long enough for me to see the color of its fur.   House is warded, so I couldn't see anything last night.  Let me know if you have any ideas.

"Well that was fast" Arc muttered to herself as she viewed the replies, stepping back inside to Dred herself a little better for the cold Seattle day.  Slipping on her armovest, she clipped it together and threw a simple hoodie over it, completely concealing her armor.  Finally, a black synthleather jacket donned her frame.  After the hospital trip, she had to pick it up with the new clothes...she liked the look, the feel, and the presence it gives her.  Smirking and clipping on a few extra clips, the human worked up replies to her messages, simply giving an affirmation to Phoenix.

<<Phoenix: you do what you do then.  That drek outta my circle, but if you in a bind to find stuff, lemme drop a name.  Hrock.  Not a guarantee, but tell him I sent ya and the trogll at least try.  Peace>>

<<Jed (cc Marco, Yelena): ima be straight up with you omae.  Mojo is outside my know zone.  But as I recall, wards don't stop bugs.  Finna check the place out from skies, maybe get a map outside and hoping in without getting caught.  No promises, cuz I'm playing safe.  Later on, can give extra eyes if I'm free.  Yelena knows how I be.  For pulling the rabbit...Marco, you know how people is.  Ideas?>>

Hopping in the Americar, Arc closed up shop behind her and joined the throng of vehicles on their lunch hour, dreary wageslaves looking to nourish themselves for another day of the same.  And her she was, living so much more than that...it took some time, but eventually she came within a kilometer of her destination, having grabbed a soda from a Stuffer Shack en route.  Slurping through the straw, she parked the car in a public parking garage, nice and tucked away without much foot traffic.  Locking up, she slipped into the back seat and pulled out a Fly-Spy and her RCC, booting both up to Run silently.  Rebooting her link for good measure, the human released the drone into the air, linking it to the console as she plugged herself in, tubing her baring to the command prompts and sending the bug into the air and zooming to the destination, keeping a fair distance and scanning the perimeter, looking for access points and security measures...

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #874 on: <06-29-15/2336:15> »
@ Arc  It's a ritzy neighborhood, KE patrols passed her walking, and they didn't even have sirens on. Each of the houses were set far away from each other and far back from the streets with lawns that were neater and more cared for than a fashion diva's weave and ARO feed. But, she had to see that with her eyes since every time the drone got close to the oh so lovely fencing around each property it was overloaded with static. Evidently magical wards weren't the only things in place on this side of town. Frag, wish this was Yelena's show, he never has this kinda drek happen when he be scoping a place out.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #875 on: <06-29-15/2341:10> »
Yelena laughs as Marco describes the meal he is making.  "Yelena eat much of that and deserve Keeb rep for sprouts.  Is Ok.  maybe meat in eggs next time."  She watches as Marco does all of the preparation and is impressed.  "Marco good cook.  Yelena not cook at all."

Yelena eats the food and lets Marco know how much she appreciates the food and the effort that went into making it.  After eating, she will help Marco clean up then take a cup of the coffee to the table and sit, motioning to the other chair.  "Marco please sit.  Yelena has story tell.  Club lawyer man name Gregor and other club man name Hank hire Yelena to kill a man.  Yelena take money and club pay good.  Must do tonight.  Meet club matrix girl at 0100 tomorrow morning.  Yelena need warn Marco that contract smells and might be bad.  If club kill Yelena they might come after friends.  So Marco need decide help or go away.  If help, can Marco give disguise so others not see Yelena?  PI man say house warded.  Marco can help with wards and use spirit to help Yelena?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #876 on: <06-29-15/2355:07> »
"Oh frag it all..."

Frustrated, she commanded the bug to return to her car and jumped back into her flesh body, sitting up slowly and rubbing her temples, as if the sheer static of the Noise was enough to give the girl a headache.  While she waited for the bug, she quickly sent off another message to the formed group message chain.

<<@Jed, Yelena, Marco:  Arc here.  Drone recon a bust.  Got jammers up in there tighter than a cherry slot and can't get close.  Best I can do is send you in with something and HOPE drek can work at that point.  Nyrrk.  Arc out>>

She hoped that Yelena got her message about the skate park, because that's where she was going next.  Depositing the returned drone, she took one last glance towards the neighborhood, chuckling to herself.  Too clean...doesn't feel like a home place...give me a house and fam like what Henry and Bettina got over this drek anyday if ya ask me..  Smirking, she hopped back into the front seat, dusted off her soda, and left the parking garage to return to her familiar Barrens.

The skate park was not like the early 21st century concrete holes in the ground; rather, a patched up amalgamation of scrap metal and torn down building components were built atop each other and woven into a merely slightly dangerous playground for more adventurous youth and adolescents could play.  Taking up a full block, Arc could not help but feel a little nostalgic as she rolled up to a parking space and hopped out, hugging the fitting jacket around herself against the chill as she watched the youth ride and trick about.  Here, this is where she honed her reflexes and nimbleness from movements, and her sturdiness from the bumps and scrapes of failed jumps.  But this was a part of her, and a perfect place to meet that wasn't home.  Fishing into her pocket, the short girly idly withdrew a smoke, placing it on her lips before lighting it, taking in the nic-stick casually slowly while she passed the time waiting.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #877 on: <06-30-15/0008:11> »
“Next time... you tell me you are coming to breakfast and I’ll make you a feast. “

Marco’s feeling when Yelena talks about killing for money is somewhat of disgust, rage he is not sure weather he is angry at J or at Yelena tough, the whole situation seems Ironic to him. You don’t just take murder job from people... especially people you do not trust... This is bad, Marco thinks that if Yelena does not kill they kill Yelena. Heck - if they really took Feathers it might be a trap... What happen after man dies?... no no no... cannot die.

“Thats a wonderful start for your new book... Great job. These things are better not thought at... lets just cuddle a little bit I haven't seen you in a while... come the air is great and the view is breathtaking.”   He grabs her hand and lead her to the Sofa where he hugs her and gently stroke her back. The physical contact, allows Marco to activate his mind link spell.

[spoiler]mindlink: 12d6t5 2
drain: 11d6t5 4
Marco takes no drain. [/spoiler]

He thinks at Yelena:
“I have no idea how technology works and who is listening... the only relative privacy is inside our heads... and even that privacy can be invaded in some extreme cases.

Of Course club smells bad - they may have Feathers and Sam and know why we are really in there. They may also just kill you afterwards because they are rolling in mad money and they are killing people regularly... this is why we're hired for this gig... I assume they also offered a very generous contract...

You are not working for a simple gang... no these guys are as powerful as a cooperation... and the things Sam claimed them to be doing... experiments in people with drugs... this is way above what a gang usually do.
Never mind that...  I am just a little bit upset - you know all that already...

who is this person and why do they want him dead?
 “

Marco also shares with her a concern for her well being, and a blur of emotions  that despite years of practice are difficult to fully suppress he shares just a little bit but he is not comfortable with her killing.
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/0011:58> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #878 on: <06-30-15/0024:05> »
The shock of the mind link is not as great this time, but it is still a bit disconcerting.  Yelena senses that Marco is not pleased with her and mentally shrugs.  No relationship is perfect.  She thinks her responses.  "Yelena is what Yelena is.  Killing people is business and Yelena good at it.  Not sure what Yelena is without.  Has been life since Yelena was ten years old.  Not even Marco can ask Yelena change quick from life.  Yelena always careful.  Be much careful this time.  Just need know id Marco help.  House has mojo wards and probably matrix wards as well.  Yelena plan on shutting off all wireless to guns to prevent matrix girl or target from bricking.  But can Marco give disguise that wards not drop?  Can summon demon to protect and help Yelena?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #879 on: <06-30-15/0042:49> »
Still stroking her back, trying to get her to calm. Everybody need to relax sometime and Marco is not sure that they’ll have the time to be together. “Your are too stressed out let go...” He say as he massages her shoulders and neck.

He thinks:
“Magical wards are not impossible to cross, you won’t feel them at all. I will not only summon a Demon but fly over that house to help you myself. I’ll become something with good eyes. Anywhere accessible from the sky will be my area of influence.

Can’t we just burn his house or anything so he has to come out?... fool the anti fire sensors... if his security is really all that good he’ll also have spirits of his own protecting him, and I am not sure you can handle multiple spirits. I know I can't.

You can’t sneak past spirits. They simply see your aura.  Your only chance is to hide within other living things like vegetation. Don’t even consider going there without a serious astral scout. Some charismatic fella’s can have a small army of spirits bound to them. Especially if they are rich.  You do not go brute force into super intense security. You can open more doors with please than with a key card. Got to trick him out.

About the killing... this is not the time to discuss it... I do not expect you to change overnight... lets just survive this gig... talk later. But be aware that each time you kill here you put us all at risk. If you are going to stick around in Seattle you'll have to change your ways... you are not wandering the world and leaving consequences behind you... “
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/0044:49> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #880 on: <06-30-15/0115:22> »
Yelena shakes her head and thinks back at Marco.  "Mot think that work.  Club need matrix girl to go in house and get data.  Yelena have to go in.  Matrix girl supposed to drop alarms and security so Yelena get in.  Club not betray Yelena until kill target.  Maybe try after.  Jedediah be near for astral looking and Marco.  Yelena have drone from Arc.  Maybe work inside barriers.  Yelena have much help and outthink man and wards.  Then see what club do."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #881 on: <06-30-15/0128:04> »
Marco say "Sweetie... why with the head... don't you like my massage ? you seem a bit distant"

He thinks:
"You give a tell... watch your body language my scary lady. You are a beautiful keep with her new boyfriend. The nice kind the one that makes good food,  enjoys your physical contact and do not ask many questions about how you spend your hours when you are not with him... Don't shake your head... embrace your feeling... lie to yourself a little bit... believe in some level to your own ruse.  This is how you lie to people. A skilled observer would notice that your body language is not appropriate for the situation we are in. I'll teach you in time, don't worry. "

"They have all the cards... Don't follow their plan - you have to make your own plan that keep the club off balance. You can't use their hacker - let them know exactly what you are going to do playing their script.   Send the hacker in the wrong direction. Make her trip and stumble after she lets you in... make her your distraction... her downfall to be your mask.  Use her before she use you.  We want to know what that guy knows. We need a distraction, their matrix girl  need to pass out of biofeedback or have her deck explode due to that massive security. It  will give us some precious time to do a little research of our own. In the meanwhile you'd need a jammer, so you can disappear after the job and not be imminently killed.

I have a contact for that. Called Jimmy things - get the best jammer he has and keep it working at the scene of the crime. Go completely wifi dark afterwards including comlink in head. Just in case matrix girl will try to clean up after you.  Don't go to any of your usual place go someplace you do not know... Go to Joy. Open comlink just if there are problems.  Remember you get paid to kill - matrix girl get paid to get data. If she failed her task it is none of your business. If she was any good she could get data without killing him first.

If a decker we trust knows that there is useful data to take from there - his pay can simply be access to that data. Deckers love inforamtion! 

If you came for a spirit and recon... you got it. The rest of my advice are from a guy that never killed a soul - but if you give me some alone time with the mark - I may be able to hack into his mind . Take some of his secrets with me. What ever he has on hardware he also has in his brain.

« Last Edit: <06-30-15/0155:54> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #882 on: <06-30-15/0324:01> »
Yelena smiles as she settle back into Marco and thinks at him.  "No.  Yelena not walk in blind.  Has plan.  Use club matrix girl because told to.  Not in deep enough to club to make demands.  But ask PI man Jedediah to ask matrix friend to help.  And have Arc drone and Marco spirit.  Maybe Marco is mouse in pocket?  Or fly in like bird?  And maybe Marco forget.  Not Yelena first time.  Not young and only two or three kills.  Have much years and much kills.  Yelena survivor.  Walk shadow like daughter of devil.  Take lives like avenger from hell.  Someday Yelena not survive, and Yelena accept that.  But not happen tonight.  Target man die.  Matrix girl die if look wrong.  Take data back to club to get in deeper.  Gang like that always have need for death and Yelena can be best enforcer club has.  Then find answers and kill all club men if have to."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #883 on: <06-30-15/0339:41> »
Marco tickles Yelena a little as he thinks:
“You’d like it wouldn’t you... to carry a little Marco in your pocket. To use in time of need... it can work but it is difficult to pass a ward with active magical spell and I won’t fit in that pocket without it... A naked keeb appearing in the middle of everything in there would be hilarious...A good distraction even.. I am not sure if very helpful. Maybe if Jed can help us find a wardless path to walk. Don't need to be big... just small enough for a cat, or a small gun to sneak.

I know it is not your first time... but this time it is different. This time you do double agent job. How many times have you betrayed your employer? kill him after job? Look how you are thinking...  since when do you kill just for sport? killing club men is not on the menu. Not matrix girl not anyone else.  We barely know who these guys are and already lost two important people to the mission.

Club man may be evil but they got a lot of power - if we start direct offensive they’ll have us all killed... If we betray them they must never discover it, it must be subtle... like someone else making a move before you do. Some other hacker knocks matrix girl and steal the data without us knowing about it.

I have a beginning of a life in here... don’t make me hide in some safe house or start over in another city. I have connections, clients... I have already went on exile once and it kills me a little bit every day... don’t give me a second exile scary lady. But I will come with you... ”

« Last Edit: <06-30-15/0356:59> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #884 on: <06-30-15/0358:04> »
Yelena grimaces inside before sending a thought.  "We all survive as can.  Yelena also have place here.  And Arc.  But job from Sam is find out what happens in club.  Without direction from him after we need make own choice.  Yelena never kill for spot now.  That old Yelena.  When hunt humans because were human.  Yelena not hunt that way since prison.  Yelena only say ready if matrix girl try betray.  Marco need get Jedediah and talk mojo.  Beyond Yelena."

"Now must go meet Arc.  Srui need talk alone.  Call Yelena if find anything.  Yelena meet matrix girl at 0100 at this location Yelena give now.  Be near if can help."

With that, Yelena stretches and turns to give Marco a deep kiss that promises much.  "Yelena thank Marco.  Massage was much needed.  Yelena back for more later.  Give Marco much to remember Yelena.  Now must go."

After reluctantly leaving Marco's embrace, Yelena returns to the lobby and passes out to where she parked her Scorpion.  Hopping on, she fires up the powerful engine and roars out to the skate park.  She spots the Americar and parks near it, going into the park to seek her friend and blood sister.  Yelena spots Arc from a distance and waves, climbing the apparatus to sit next to the human woman, balancing on the beam next to her and sharing the experience of watching the young people do their thing.  For a minute or so she puffs her breath to watch it escape as a fog in the cold air.  The weather man had been right for once and it was fragging cold.  Eventually, she takes out a cigar and lights it after offering one to Arc and waits for her friend to talk.