NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #855 on: <06-28-15/2049:32> »
@ Jedediah  Escher responds, >>Charge more for a deadline? Damn straight. This drek you have me wading through has my hoop riding streams like surfer through a tsunami buddy. I've got a couple of very stealthy programs looking through tertiary sources for that guy you nearly got me IC'd for, trying not to get me and my system fried tyvm. Getting info on that club is like playing a shell game with a master and this comm is a work of sheer genius. If she's a woman I'm marrying her, hell if he's a man I'm marrying him. The encoding is triple layered and rotating, which shouldn't be possible in this small of a device, not to mention the power source is the incredibly weak electrical field of the humanoid body, it then hacks whatever device is around it like a virus and uses it to get it's message routed. It's made it hell trying to track it, and once I did my previous attempts had alerted the system and I got slammed into it's detection and protection program. YOU are no longer talking to Escher but the security program triangulating your signal. You are now surrounded! jk, but it is going to take me a bit longer to hack this because I really did alert their security, and you're paying me double for this drek. And yeah, DataDancer is clean up for a whole lot of things. Not the best hacker I've ever seen, but she can double as a whole lot of things. And now that I've had my third LongHaul while I was talking to you guys I need to go put it to work. Peace.<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #856 on: <06-28-15/2059:29> »
@Escher : You're worth every ¥. I may be eating soy paste for a month, but thems the breaks. 

@Yelena:  Data Dancer isn't the greatest hacker, because she's got a pretty broad skill set...
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #857 on: <06-29-15/0009:54> »
Jed considers the scouting of Snowden's place. He wanted to lay physical eyes on the place before trying to reach it astrally.  He opted for a cab to cruise past first, then he would return to his lodge for the second part of his plan.  Bidding Mike goodnight, he took a cab ride through the neighborhood.  As they drove past the house, he "parted the veil" and took a good look at the house. Warded. That figures. 

Paying the cab driver, Jed let himself in the door of his "office". Locking it behind him, he walked though the office area, and into his bedroom.  He was tired, but no too tired.  Besides, crossing over had always been the easiest way to remember what it was like to feel young and strong again.  This body was wearing out, but in the astral, his body was a product of his mind and will.  If I have the luck to know when the end is near, I'll just abandon this shell and float here until it's over.  That was his favorite fantasy.  True freedom. 

Jed changed into something more comfortable, drank some water and relieved himself.  Having seen to the needs if his shell, he walked through the bedroom into his workroom.  He walked through the curtained off area into his lodge. Glancing over the circle laid out on the concrete he took time to make sure all was well.  Who would have thought that high end women's make-up would have so many of the components that he needed to draw his circle.  All those botanicals and minerals.  Not that it would work for every mage.  Chaos Magic was an amalgam of traditions.  It's why he liked it.  Not because it was unorganized and unpredictable.  That was a myth from the trids.  No, it was an alloy of the truths and pieces from other traditions.  Not so structured and locked down as a hermetic's Magic, not so "cult of personality as a shaman.  Much more pragmatic.  It drew the best from all.  There was truth in all traditions.  Chaos just took what was true and collected it.  This is the way Magic should be done.  This was the right way. 

Jed laid a pile of blankets on the floor in his circle.  Until he had the money to purchase the formula for a warding ritual, the Magic of his circle was the only astral barrier he could get.  Jed lay down and pulled his true self free from his shell.  Lifted out and up.  He paused existed above his office for a moment.  "Moment"?  Time flowed differently here.. Jed set his destination in his mind and moved there.  Spending a moment to take in the ward, he examined it.  Concentrating, he sorted out the threads of "color".  Powerful.  More powerful than me. he thought. He circled the home at a slight distance, keeping a close eye for "tripwires". best I stick to the perimeter.  Once he was certain he had learned all (what little) he could, he returned to his waiting shell. 

@Yelena House was warded. Couldn't get close enough to see anything. Might be interesting if we could pull him out so I can assense him.  How do you feel about accessing the brain trust and seeing if Marco and Arc have any ideas?

Best make sure Yelena wants everyone involved before he starts blabbing her business about. 
« Last Edit: <06-29-15/0054:19> by smilnirish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #858 on: <06-29-15/0124:57> »
Quote from: Mercy Merchant link=topic=20Hes.msg381198#msg381198 date=1435534875
A horrid racket wakes her in the morning.  Recognizing that Arc must be working on one of the cars or the bike, she pulls the covers over her ears and goes back to sleep.....sort of.  The noise eventually stops and she can hear her friend moving about in the kitchen.  The aroma of the cheap soykaf the human drinks finally rouses Yelena enough.  That and the dreadful need to pee, which has become almost unavoidable.  She bounces out to the bathroom calling out to her friend.  "Hey, Srui, pour me some of that drek and Yelena be right out."

Dressing in comfortable clothes, Yelena goes out to the kitchen and grabs her cup of soykaf before going out to the garage and joining her friend on the couch.  She sits back, enjoying the stretch and the company.  She looks over at the short human and says, "So rigger man family nice?  Yelena saw Arc not home early.  Is rigger man the one?"

Arc practically jumped out of her skin as she heard the familiar accented voice of Yelena call out from the bedroom, her right hand instinctively darting for the Predator at her back.  Taking a breath to relax herself, she smirked and fanned her face a little.  "Null sweat, Srui." she said before pouring and fixing up the soycaf the way she remembered the keen liked it.  For herself, the human opted for plenty of creamer and sweetener today, killing as much bitter as possible as she sorted through the audio files. 

Sitting down, she was back to wearing jeans and a tank this morning, comfortable and familiar.  Glancing over as Yelena Jones her, Arc handed the soycaf over before taking a sip to ward the chill.  "Haa...hmm?  His fam...drek, Srui, they were super wiz.  Like, fed me till I burst, were really nice, loved me and interested in me...they might be by here in the future, but Jaime knows we like to keep our work private.  Null sweat...". The human got quiet, pausing her review after only a few files, holding her cup with both hands.

"It's insane really...month ago it was just me.  Now I have a sister, a vruk, and a whole family to accept me.  It's uh...a little overwhelming, in a good way...". She paused, shivering a bit as she smiled.  " is he my one?  Drek, trogs don't think drek like that ad you know it. But...I like this one, I really do.  Hes nice, respects what I do, hell supports it even...you can guess why I wasn't home last night ehe..".  She would elbow Yelena lightly if she gave Arc any reaction.  "I think I'll keep him for a while, see where things go from her, and us never know what tomorrow has yknow..."

After a moment of reflection and enjoying their time, Arc gave a little sigh and an affirming nod.  "Phoenix's listening ears been picking stuff up this whole time.  Trying to sort through it myself to see if I can learn drek.  Beyond that, I gotta meeting tonight with NineLives for a job to get us some jing as well.  How'd things go with that Jed cat?".  After that Arc remembered that Marco had messaged her, and quickly gave a reply.

<<Marco, it's Arc.  Thanks for sending the car back.  Thanks for cleaning out the back for me.  Be safe.>>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #859 on: <06-29-15/0140:31> »
Yelena sits next to her Srui and sips at her soykaf as her sister works on whatever she is doing.  She smiles as she reads the notes from Marco and Jed.  She fires off a couple of answers.

[/>>Marco.  Is Yelena.  Yelena be there for tea.  Much to talk about.  Kisses<<

>>Jedediah.  Is Yelena.  DataDancer is cleanup girl as expected.  Maybe she just make sure Yelena do job but Yelena is suspicious.  Club men should use matrix girl of great skill and trust Yelena for hit.  Only one day to get information.  Is possible for Jedediah matrix man to give back up for Yelena?  Pay well for make sure Yelena get in house.  Marco maybe bring spirit to help against wards.  Yelena tell friends so they decide to stay or go.  Yelena call later.  Thank Jedediah for help so far.  And thank for meet Mike.  He like you like father so listen him.<<

After sending the messages, Yelena sits back on the ragged couch and smokes a cigar while waiting for Arc to finish.  She nods as Arc describes Jaime's family, genuinely happy that her Srui has found someone.  "Yelena happy for Arc.  We need code to let Yelena when stay away."  She looks at her friend and goes serious.  "Arc.  Yelena need talk.  Take job get close to club men.  Job is kill man.  Good pay.  Yelena think contract smell bad and club men might try kill Yelena after hit to clean loose ends.  That mean all Yelena's friends in danger.  Yelena tell Arc so can decide leave or stay.  If stay, whoever behind club might find Arc Vrukart and family.  Yelena want Arc think careful and long before help Yelena.  Also, Arc remember trog club owner name Josie?  Yelena want promise that Arc take sax to Josie at his club if Yelena die."

She sits back and waits for everything to sink in.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #860 on: <06-29-15/0754:13> »
Upon mention of wanting to be able to access the garage, Arc raised a brow with a smirk, surprised that detail was overlooked, but quickly fixed with a few mental commands sent to her commlink.  "Done.  You got full access, Srui...ah..."  She trailed off, her smile fading as the elf shared what was going down.  The human listened unblinkingly, hands holding the cheap soycaf as she felt the full weight of the words.  Drek...that means whatever meet I got tonight's a risk too...nah.  Drek or no, NineLives wouldn't screw another Barrens hoop out the gate like that, right?  After a few moments of silent gazing blankly ahead of her, the human looked up and locked eyes with the keeb, voice not hesitating.

"We blood now, Y.  You think I'm finna hide out while m'blood might be gettin' geeked, y'all got another think coming, ya heard?  Like I said, I'm meeting these hoops separately for work as well.  I'm just as much in this as you, and you know it.  I know the risks I'm doing, and I will be thrice damned to the hells if I let them touch any of mine.  I'm in, and you can tell Josie yourself when you give him that sax after you hit a ripe old age of a hundred-fifty or whatever."  She gave a nod, taking a few heated breaths to calm herself.

"If you're that worried about me though, I can still help you without looking like I'm part of it.  Remember that I got ways of being there without being there.."  She tapped the exposed part of her control rig as emphasis, her grin returning.  "It ain't much, but it can't hurt.  Might do good to give you some last minute meatspace recon, no?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #861 on: <06-29-15/0835:29> »
Yelena smiles at her Srui.  "Arc misunderstand.  Yelena poor choice of words.  Yelena already have code for garage.  Mean need some signal so Yelena know not come in if Jaime here for privacy."

Yelena takes Arc's next words in stride and her heart gladdens a bit.  She puts a hand on her Srui's arm and says, "Yelena know are blood.  Bond stronger than anything Yelena feel before.  But can worry about Arc and her new family.  Yelena thank Arc.  Arc going to club for job, yes?  PI man Jedediah find out some Triad seems to be backing club.  Still trying get more information.  Triads not some go-gang like Howlers so Arc be careful."

"And recon with drone good idea.  All must be done today.  Here is address of target.  Yelena meet club matrix girl tomorrow at 0100 and do this.  Leave in few minutes go see Marco.  Will ask for disguise and spirit help.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #862 on: <06-29-15/1011:08> »
Arc paused at the information, processing that and her timeline to help out Yelena with this job for a moment before speaking up.  "...makes sense now that Yams were interested in it, if what Phoenix said is anything to go by.  I'll be careful, Srui.  I'll take a peek before my meet tonight, and try not to get caught...cuz if I do, I think you're job gonna get harder, ya heard?  If you need to go, don't let me keep you." . Smiling and nodding, she took another drink of her soycaf, adjusting her position on the couch to get more comfortable.

"Before you go...take one of my bugs.  You ever get in trouble just turn it on and I'll see what you see and know what you know.  If I can, I'll give you extra eyes tonight as well. Until then, I'll be in touch.  And as for signal...guess you'll just have to follow instincts for now, eh?". Winking, she nudged the elf again before settling back, warding off the chill for now with the good company.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #863 on: <06-29-15/1032:26> »
Yelena sits quietly with her Srui for a few minutes.  Comfortable.  Comfortable.  Almost never in her life had she ever been comfortable just sitting.  not working on her guns.  Not plotting some hit.  Not seducing someone.  Just.  Doing.  Nothing.  And it was comfortable.  She looks around at the garage that mirrored Arc's personality and sees several little things that were Yelena as well.  Her mind stretches to the cramped living space the pair shared and sees the same thing; Arc's space is also her space.  She realizes that she has what she has been looking for ever since she was old enough to know that she was missing something.

After a few minutes, Yelena shakes her head and touches her friend's arm before rising.  She quietly moves back into the living area and dresses warmly, as she will be riding the bike and according to the weather man, the morning is chilly.  Returning to the garage, she waves to Arc as she rolls the bike out and sets off for Marco's apartment.  As she hits the street, she sends a message to the young Keeb.  >>Marco.  Is Yelena.  On way over to see you.  Please tell man at door to let Yelena in.<<

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #864 on: <06-29-15/1045:03> »
Marco rushes out of the shower naked, leaving wet footprints on the wooden floor.  He is half way dressed when he see’s Yelena’s message and he grant her access using the security interface. The task is made easy as Yelena already visited him...  “oh the memory... no no no... focus damnit! “ he say to himself. ... “now my shirt is wet... must always use a head towel...  No I must have another coffee... I just made more mess than I just cleaned out. Being in a hurry makes me work twice... this is no way to keep a house“ When Yelena arrives he rushes to the door, his hair still wet and he wears uncharacteristic street fashion clothes.  He hugs and kisses her warmly and say “Be careful with the floor I woke up late and made a mess...”
« Last Edit: <06-29-15/1052:50> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #865 on: <06-29-15/1055:41> »
Yelena parks the bike in one of the available visitor spots and goes inside.  She smiles at the doorman and presents her ID for access to the elevators.  Arriving at Marco's floor, she walks on the soft carpet to his door and rings the bell.  Something tingles inside Yelena when the door opens and she sees Marco.  She returns the embrace and kiss as she steps inside the apartment.  Yelena allows herself a quick thought.  *Could this Keeb be MY one.*  Pushing that thought back into her mind, she looks around the room.  "Marco right.  Is bit of mess.  Look like Yelena live here.  Marco have girl in bedroom?  Can come by later?

Yelena chuckles at the expression on Marco's face.  "Marco say coffee.  Yelena not smell yet.  We go kitchen and make coffee and breakfast.  Yelena much hungry.  Talk while cook."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #866 on: <06-29-15/1126:21> »
His head was still aching from that night of drinking, but somehow seeing Yelena alive and well.. and should he dare to say with a new sense of purpose made Marco happy.
“No... there is no girl don’t be silly. “ Marco smiles...

Marco had already eaten a small breakfast but, he did not want to make Yelena uncomfortable. He said: “Breakfast works... I’ll be happy to spoil you a little bit... I don’t have much but I do have some vegetables, carrots, tomatoes cucumbers, zucchini, onions and red peppers should make a good salad. There are these new kitchen knifes that I am all excited about. “ Within a short time Marco skillfully cut the vegetables with his new kitchen knifes, make a few toasts and fry a nice omelette. Along with two cups of coffee they are good to go. There was still the wet floor that bothered him,  but he’ll take care of it after they talk.
« Last Edit: <06-29-15/1323:43> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #867 on: <06-29-15/1246:14> »
The messages from Ambroses ingenious little devices begin to play. There were the usual ones from people who were obviously party-goers at the club, different century, same drek. But, then, "He got the delivery. The Ayahuasca's already been treated. The Tupinambis hearts didn't come, and the planthopper hair is less than half of what they promised us. They're reneging on their deals, say that they're having shortages. But, Coatyl is pulling all of it's strings to get this stuff off the market and into their hands. Once Snowden is dead we'll have more bargaining room. But I think they need a reminder in how not to make enemies." And later, We're still having to many deaths from the Stardust, I think we need to make sure the users get a few more boosts while they're using. When she heard, We've got his car marked. I don't know he got away without turning into a little bird and flying out. But when he comes for his stuff we've got him. She knew Phoenix would want to know that. As rude as he'd been, he still had given them access to all his stuff, And who knows, after the night he'd had maybe I'd be a grumpy old man too. That thought made her giggle. Hmmmm, that chef sounds just like BabyFace, but there was just no way it could be him, his tusks made it impossible for him to speak English that clearly, although the cussing is dead on as he swore another blue streak at the sous chef, the waiter, the salad and the oysters. Then two by two, hands of blue. Everything is set, The little lamb will be out in the field to graze in a little over 24hrs. We should have what we need in 30. Two by two, *crash* The rest of the recordings had been a waste of time. Although she did find the some of the pick-up lines funny, and she couldn't believe that that position had actually been possible when he'd described it, but the proof had been in the screams later, and had made her glad she didn't have a visual, some things she just didn't need to know.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #868 on: <06-29-15/1512:22> »
Arc gave a smile and wordless wave as the Russian dressed herself for the weather and biked out, giving herself a moment of reverie before resuming her work, her expression going blank as she focused purely on what she was hearing.  Saving and separating the files of the stuff she thought was important, her eyes widened a bit at what she learned...what she could make sense of at least.  If that were Babyface...man is a pig of an ork in multiple ways.  Lecherous, fat, grubby, and frankly borderline pedophilic, Arc had no good thoughts of that one.  Great....oh drag, I spent two hours on that?  Man, almost noon...okay, let's get the word out... Calling up her persona...a version of her dressed not unlike some raiders from a certain post-apocalypse movie series..she recorded messages to be sent out.

<<Mr. Jedidiah Early, this is Arc.  We met briefly.  Heard you were helping out a friend of mine.  Attached is some recordings I picked up that might be pertinent to your stuff.  I am also intending to put some feelers out for our location with tiny eyes.  Lemme know if I should look for anything specific?>>

<<Phoenix, Arc here.  Your friends know your safe, think it's a miracle.  Retrieving your ride not recommended as its rim job is a HOT topic in the gossip circles.  Here's proof of that.  Thought you should know>>

<<Yelena, Sruiken here.  Have I shown you the skate park a few miles from home?  After your lunch date we should meet up there.  Warmest place in the Barrens around now.  See you there>>

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #869 on: <06-29-15/1652:34> »
<<Right. My trap isn't set up, so i have no desire to touch it.>> he texts back. <<Your friend is needing me to get back to Cooking. I think unicorn blood and philospher stones are needed for this. >>
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules