NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #630 on: <06-11-15/1310:54> »
Carefully examining him Marco remains silent, as if considering for a short while if to continue the conversation He likes to keep the dwarf in anticipation to what he is saying... “So there is another guy... That's interesting... that other guy... who is he? was he wearing a red shirt? what can you tell me about him." Marco knows that at this moment - if the dwarf tries to lie, it takes an effort, imagination. There is always a tell, he is focused on the dwarfs eyes and body language  trying to figure out the truthfulness of what he is about to say .
[spoiler]Judge intentions: 11d6t5 7[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-11-15/1330:47> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #631 on: <06-11-15/1347:02> »
Yelena thanks the guard and leaves the Vault.  She stretches languorously outside the doors and walks to where a street ARO is advertising real coffee.  The place was busy and it took Yelena ten minutes to place her order and find a table.  Sitting, she went over the information she had just picked up and compared it to what she had learned from Marco.  She would have to ask him if he had actually been in the apartment in the last three months.  She had come to be a firm believer in Occam's Razor; that the simplest and most obvious solution was the best one.  Sometimes not, but in the decades that Yelena had been hunting people, she had learned that human nature was pretty simplistic.  Sometimes her targets strayed from that, but not often.  How they did it was not the same, of course, but the basics were almost always similar. 

To Yelena, the easiest answer was that Sam assumed the identities of real people, to the point of living their daily lives and occupying their homes.  He also had serious contacts and influence.  It would have been simple for him to find out about, hmmmm or even arrange for, a family in a secure building who were going on a long holiday.  He could have had the apartment hacked to accept his presence and lived there.  That would require deliveries of foodstuffs, wines, laundry services and the like.  Perhaps someone with skill at searching the matrix would be able to track such things and see if these services had been coming to the apartment during the six months the family was away.  She sends a text to Arc, knowing that she is off with Marco.  <Arc.  Is Yelena.  Hair in drains not match family who live in apartment.  They were on holiday six months.  Maybe Sam moved in when they left.  Arc know matrix man?  Maybe Jamie know good matrix man?  Can check to see if apartment was getting food deliveries and other services during holiday time?>

The different hair in the drains could indicate that Sam/Shilla had been using the apartment until the time the family returned and had then moved to another location.  It could be hard indeed to find that location as Sam is very skilled at hiding and can be anyone he wants to be.  Still, a plan begins to form in Yelena's mind.  She lets it germinate there for a bit as she decides on a course of action.  Finishing her drink, she leaves the café and hails a cab.  She runs a scan of her internal message storage for the address of the scrap metal shop that Sam Webster had given her the first time they met.  Yelena gives that address to the cab and sits back, then sends a another text.  <Bella.  Is Yelena.  Not to bother you, but just say thanks for party.  Was much fun.  Hope to meet soon.>
« Last Edit: <06-11-15/1402:52> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #632 on: <06-11-15/1439:17> »
@ Arc  The dwarf looks at you and says, "Well, since you don't want it. I was gonna eat later, not sure about eatin' in this place, but, ya know, shame for it ta go ta waste." She tucks into it quickly enough after that. When she's done she looks over at Marco and says, "So, your boss, is he ok?" and she looks questioningly towards Marco.

Arc tilted her head a bit at the question, but understood her unease; people that don't look like they're from the Barrens are easy to distrust.  She nodded as she finished off her chilli as well, suppressing. Small burp with her fist.  "Scuze  me. He's legit if that's what you mean.  Ain't gonna lie, he's a bit goofy, but he means well.  Had a rough week...both of us kinda have, heh.". Scratching the back of her head, the human sized the dwarfette up.  " You think he's sketch?"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #633 on: <06-11-15/2010:49> »
@ Marco  The dwarf looks at you and says, "I ain't rolling on him if that's what you're getting at." Marco knows he's lying there, the flick of the eyes downward tells him that, but the ]determination with which it's said says that it would take quite a bit to get him to tell him about him.[color=red "He and I been working the streets. I got the contacts and he got the muscle. Young hot head, but strong, people think twice about stiffing us when he's there."[/color] Marco can tell that's the truth as the dwarf continues, "He don't know enough yet to strike out on his own. He'll have problems selling the stuff without me. But if he tries to stiff me outta my share he's gotta another think commin' to 'im. I know people. I'll find him." That part is a slight exaggeration as he wants to seem more impressive to you, but you can tell he's a little worried. "But you said there was money in it for me for meeting you, and I ain't heard a bit of jing yet." He looks you hard in the eyes then.

@ Arc  The dwarfette looks at you and says, "Guys like that don't have much legal uses for peeps like us. And like as not when the job means we wind up dead, the only question they ask is, "Where's my money?". But Benny, he can't quit. He's tried, been in and out of rehab, and now he's on the hook for his latest stash and Jonah ain't answering his comm." She pauses and points to the tat on your upper left arm. "You a Howler? Jonah's an orc. Maybe they'd know where he is?" she looks at you hopefully.
« Last Edit: <06-12-15/0043:51> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #634 on: <06-11-15/2050:51> »
Arc tilted her head a bit at the idea of it, smiling a little at her observation.  "Ex-Howler.  Barely run with them anymore.  Can ya blame a breeder?" She winked, clearly used to having to explain that.  She could see the look in the dwarfette's eyes: she was just wanting this resolved, which is a fair desire when everyone is in the struggle of survival in the Barrens.  "I don't got many Howlers what hate my guts, but lemme see if I can pull a solid for ya?  In the meantime..."  She dropped her voice low, moving forward a bit to keep prying ears none the wiser.  "What kinda drek did he get in?  Someone we're trying to locate might be a part of it.  If you don't know, it's null sweat."  Mentally pulling up her link, she saw Yelena's message before making a few of her own.

@Yelena{Arc}>>
<<I know Jaime's got at least one on his list.  I'll ask him.  Hoping we can break from this long enough for me to meet his fam, but he understands if I gotta rain check that.  I'll let you know.  Sending Scorp your way just in case this meet takes too long, aight?>>

@Jaime{Arc}>>
<<I never thought I'd be missing someone's face without a full day passing, but here I am.  Doing what I can to still make tonight work, vrukart.  In the meantime, your buddy Sail do contract work?  Finding myself needing to do some net digging, and can't get much past the search engine, haha.  If not, null sweat.  See you soon, I hope~>>

@Merlin{Arc}>>
<<I dunno if you changed this number.  I know what you think of me, but forget that now.  I need a favor from you.  Trog named Jonas is AWOL to a couple friends of mine finna save him from doing some stupid drek.  It's a longshot, but if you pass some info along to me I like, maybe I fix up that scrapped Growler you been eyeballing.  Wiz?>>

Finished with that, she nodded her head to the dwarf.  "Welp, that's what I can do.  Hoping we both get what we after, ya know?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #635 on: <06-11-15/2132:11> »
Yelena smiles at Arc's message and sends a reply.  <Arc.  Is Yelena saying thanks.  Send bike to address Yelena uploading to you.  And really, good luck to you and your man.  Yelena hopes all is greatest.>

Upon arriving at the address for the scrap metal business, she pays off the cab and waits for the Scorpion to arrive.  Not for the first time does she shake her head in amazement at what her friend is able to do with the things she is connected to.  Yelena still has the micro drone and sends it into the shop ahead of her as she secures the bike and walks into the store showroom.  She can hear the noise of a large saw cutting pieces of scrap metal into whatever it is they sell.  Her mind leaps to all manner of uses for such a shop, to include black-market parts for vehicle chop shops.  Yelena walks about the front room and waits for someone to come out to help her.  She sends the drone out to look for pictures of the employees and the owner, perhaps they keep some sort of board with photos of the owner and his employees of the month, or something like that.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #636 on: <06-12-15/0104:33> »
Marco smiles at the dwarf... “Getting impatient aren’t we?... you have to give to receive” He says, he does not plan to even mention money until he gets what he want. Marco’s perception of rich people are these that money is so far down their list that it becomes a non issue for them. This is an illusion of course as they are very careful with their money - but they are not obsessed by it. The more he thinks at money the more vulnerable he'll become to its temptation.

With a comforting smile Marco say: “I haven’t heard enough to justify more than a meal yet, but we’ll get there if you want to be cooperative.”  He gives him a look sizing him for a short while and then decides.
“I am looking for some... *colleage* I know that guy had an accident and I am certain he was on the car with you.  He is not answering his link and It does not seem as if he escaped to sell something... If any he pre-paid a great deal for some service that he did not get to enjoy... a very expensive service, I am looking for him because I owe a favor. If you relax just a little bit you’ll see that our interests are not at all conflicting...” Marco say with a low and dead serious voice: “ I do not know about your friend... “ He gets closer and almost whisper “The person that was with you in the car when you had the accident has no friends. He uses friendship and trust as a weapon, no one knows toward what end he plays...  “

With a smile, that seems to wash away the seriousness of his previous words Marco say: “However, since up until now I seem to be the one giving the information... if you don’t make that leap of faith and tell me what really happened, and what you really know - it is me who is expecting to get paid for this meeting”

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #637 on: <06-12-15/0114:50> »
@ Yelena  Calling it a shop was dignifying it. Arc's garage in the Barrens was nicer by a lot, and cleaner. The guys in the shop stopped what they were doing though and one of them walked towards her. A big troll that had been holding half a ton of truck up for welding. As he walked towards Yelena he pulled a rag out of his back pocket and wiped the sweat off his face. When he reaches her he says politely enough, "May I help you?"

@ Arc  Jaime responds immediately, >>I'll check. I know he does, but right now they're in the middle of some big project at work. If not I'll ask around and see who I can find for you.<<           
Merlin's response isn't far behind Jaime's. >>Word, some peeps just can not give drek up. I haven't had anything against you since we were kids and you got my bike trashed trying to fix the brakes. Yeah I was mad at the time, so what. I been finna call you 'bout Feathers, he be training me an was supposed ta be at his place this afternoon. But it be locked up tight and summin' 'bout it don' smell right. He ain't answerin' his comm neither. Have you heard from him? An 'bout that trog, they been a Jonah tryin' to find a buyer fer his stash in the Gardens, but it be Trainin' Day and he ain't having much luck so far. Hoop jus' be TSTL ya know what I'm saying. Anyway, lemme know 'bout Feathers. I be worried.<<

@ Marco  The dwarf looks at you worried and confused, but then he turns aggressive, "You promised me cred. If you want me to say that the guy you want was in the car I will. You need to pin the blame him on him for summat I got no problem with that as long as you're paying enough." Marco knows he's telling the truth. The dwarf is willing to say whatever Marco wants him to for cred.

[spoiler]The Gardens is a large trash dump towards Snohomish. TSTL=To Stupid To Live. Training Day is the day before payday, and is the day your training to be hungry.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-12-15/0122:27> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #638 on: <06-12-15/0932:45> »
“I see you do not understand me... I am like that at times, lets keep it simple. You look for your friend you do not need my money to motivate you into doing that. When you find him, show him the poem I sent you ask him what he thinks. This favor you do for me, I will help you find him if you need my help.

That said, while I did not say that I would just give you money, I *am* a profitable person to know. When you find your missing partner.  I will help you guys get a good price on your stash... trust me, when you see the price you can get for your shady stash you’ll feel a lot better... You think about it, you have my link code.”

He stood up and walked to the door... Thinking: "What am I missing here... this chat was so weird I did not understand it myself - it is a coincidence that there was another person in that car, but could Sam drive as a shady orc to a meeting where the skin he has to wear in the meeting is totally different?"  This does not adds up, it is too complicated.

When Arc drives the car, Marco lets go. He starts laughing... first a shy laugh but then a rolling one... “He does has a friend that was in the car... What a coincidence, total guess work... but he is a freaking orc!... I think I found a new contact for Sam... Perhaps even a new business opportunity... Maybe I'll ask him to lend me this skin... "

Once he relax he explains:
"Sam can pass as both male and female he can probably be an hamster. So can I... but changing skin in a phone booth like superman is just unthinkable. I know I know... there are no phone booths anymore... I am just into history... He won't do it in a public restroom it is the same. Sam is not careless he would never do something that exposes his nature like that.

He take a deep breath, trying to relax his sudden laughter.

"There was another accident... a terrible one... some people even died. I was really hoping we'll find Sam in this one...  " He sighs " I really loved her" ..

Accepting that something terrible may have happened to the most influential person in his recent years,  Marco says a silent prayer to Shilla Schmidt who ever she is.  "No more fear, Arc " he say. "We go figure out that terrible accident and discover what we do... I should have told you about that other accident but I wanted it to be this one so badly. "

Phoenix seemed to be a man of many talents, perhaps he can help us... he owe's me one for being alive...
>> Phoenix, Marco - I think we went after the wrong accident.  We need to get an hospital worker card. Sam is in the hospital but not the one we thought maybe he left already - but I can’t just keep bribing that nurse...
Eventually we’ll both go to jail. I do not think I’ll like the inside of a jail cell - I am more of a creature of good wines and music.  What do you think about faking a key card and then swapping it with one legit employee card so we can access their terminal? jimmy can do so for us, but you said something about being a forger yourself ? wasn't it?

I can look like everyone just place a card in my hand and we find our guy I am certain... I just wasted an hour with some crazy ass dwarf... don’t ask, he was even more annoying than you before you had some coffee.
« Last Edit: <06-12-15/0954:31> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #639 on: <06-12-15/0949:05> »
Yelena smiles at the Troll towering over her.  She greets him in Or'Zet then continues in her broken English.  "Am Yelena Petrovna.  Play saxophone.  Was working fair couple weeks back when man named Sam Webster heard me.  He offered help Yelena find job in club he knows about.  Gave card and address.  Yelena finish current gig and looking for work.  Is Sam Webster here so Yelena can ask about club?"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #640 on: <06-12-15/1155:19> »
@ Arc  Jaime responds immediately, >>I'll check. I know he does, but right now they're in the middle of some big project at work. If not I'll ask around and see who I can find for you.<<           
Merlin's response isn't far behind Jaime's. >>Word, some peeps just can not give drek up. I haven't had anything against you since we were kids and you got my bike trashed trying to fix the brakes. Yeah I was mad at the time, so what. I been finna call you 'bout Feathers, he be training me an was supposed ta be at his place this afternoon. But it be locked up tight and summin' 'bout it don' smell right. He ain't answerin' his comm neither. Have you heard from him? An 'bout that trog, they been a Jonah tryin' to find a buyer fer his stash in the Gardens, but it be Trainin' Day and he ain't having much luck so far. Hoop jus' be TSTL ya know what I'm saying. Anyway, lemme know 'bout Feathers. I be worried.<<

<Arc.  Is Yelena saying thanks.  Send bike to address Yelena uploading to you.  And really, good luck to you and your man.  Yelena hopes all is greatest.>

Two of the three responses made Arc smile just a little bit as she sent the bike to the place requested.  She marveled at Yelena's positive energies (despite the intense dramatics that occurred recently) and at Jaime's unquestionable promise to help, even going so far as to look for alternatives to her requested solution.  This is family...what it's like...  The third response, however, was what brought her back to reality, as she felt her heart catch in her throat.

That fragger managed to land himself as apprentice to Feathers?  ...My head's telling me this is bad...but I'm starting to get that I'm good at what I'm doing using Howler habits.  Maybe I'm the one being proud and hoopheaded.  Either way, if her finds out about the drek going down it could be bad.  Gulping down her apprehension, she sent the replies she needed to.

@Yelena{Arc}>>
<<Yeesh, girl, you talking like I'm gonna disappear and never come back.  You can't get rid of me that easy, Srui.  Catch ya later ;)>>

@Jaime{Arc}>>
<<You're awesome.  Thanks <3 >>

@Merlin{Arc}>>
<<Thanks for the info.  Could be really helpful.  As for Feathers, you might have trouble reaching him for a beat.  The pack was hunting, and one strayed from the path and got lost.  The rest are working the tracks, but those on the hunt may be hunted.  A deadly game, no?  Keep an ear to the moon, I'll howl when the hunt is on.  In the meantime, hunt well, silent predator!>>

Arc hoped that her codespeak wasn't too rusty after her couple of years out of the Howlers, but the meaning was simple enough: Feathers is missing, her people are on the case, it's a tricky situation, be careful.  With that, she was about to text Marco about how she got the info these halfers were looking for when he stood up.  Looks like the meet's over...  Nodding her head, she stood up and smiled, offering her hand to the dwarfette.  "Looks like that's my queue.  I've got my peeps working on the missing trog.  I'll get word when i find out about it.  In the meantime, here's my comm.  Come look me up whenever you need something fixed, aight?"  Shaking her hand, she turned and left with Marco, listening to him in the car.

"...another wreck?  Great...that being said, if you wanna check on Jonah, I know where he is: a trash dump near Snohomish.  We can be there in a half hour.  Your call man, you good at this talking drek."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #641 on: <06-12-15/1511:51> »
“You are amazing Arc!” Marco said with excitement, “quite the talker and connections in the Barrens I did not think we’ll find him so quickly...  no hard feelings about the prehistoric alpha male stuff... heh? That dwarf despite not leading us to Sam is going to become a very important contact... an invisible soldier someone that will do anything without asking questions, someone that people are used to ignoring. It is this kind of contact that can take a guy like Sam down .”

On the way Marco thinks to himself, I made an oath to Sam and it seems like the gods have given me the means to complete it. If I manage to capture the loyalty of that dwarf, I have a feeling that he could lock down on one of Sam’s faces and discover his secrets. Nobody will notice a poor dwarf in the bad side of town... he’ll be able to sit on his tail for months undetected..” If there was one thing that Shilla challenged Marco it was to get even. Cain could prove to be just the right person for the job - while he does not seem to have any conventional talent - it is this plainness that will make him not perceived as a threat - who would believe that a powerful criminal like Marco has this poor person as a contact.  A criminal, thought Marco... is that what I am now? He felt alive for the first time, the thought that he finally met a man that could help bringing Sam down... and that the answer was under his nose. "But why do I want to be a criminal?" It wasn’t clear to him, he tried to shake this desire but he felt ecstatic for the opportunity to gain the loyalty of the dwarf.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #642 on: <06-12-15/1801:00> »
@ Arc & Marco  Traffic is much heavier than usual at this time of day. So it takes Arc 32 minutes to get to the trash dump.

@ Yelena  The troll looks at you puzzled and says, "I'm Sam Webster. I own this shop. And while I do like jazz I'm fairly certain I've never seen you play."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #643 on: <06-12-15/1921:20> »
“You are amazing Arc!” Marco said with excitement, “quite the talker and connections in the Barrens I did not think we’ll find him so quickly...  no hard feelings about the prehistoric alpha male stuff... heh? That dwarf despite not leading us to Sam is going to become a very important contact... an invisible soldier someone that will do anything without asking questions, someone that people are used to ignoring. It is this kind of contact that can take a guy like Sam down .”

Arc smirked as she rounded a corner, the car gliding effortlessly through the traffic, though it clearly came to a halt as the lunch rush slowed them up.  "Tch, it's null sweat on the alpha drek, omae.  You trusting me with my drek, so I'm doing the same.  You much better at talking to hoops, that's for fragging sure.  What I'm doing?  Tch, I'm being myself.  Barrens folk take care of their own, ain't no way around it."

"As for taking someone like Sam down..what you about, huh?  Don't forget we just need to find this hoop.  Or at least put enough work in until he/she/whatever finds us.  Eh, whatever...we clear one lead at a time, best we can do.  This trog hoop Jonah finna off some stash he picked up, but because of conditions today, no one's picking up.  Shouldn't be hard to find him if he looking for a buyer, maybe?"

As they pulled up, Arc stepped out of the car, shivering a bit in the chill sunny winter air.  Hugging herself a bit, she glanced over at Marco.  "Following your lead, chummer."

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #644 on: <06-12-15/2101:24> »
Amborse pulled up the message as he was still in the park feeding the birds. <<Well, that would be easier said than done. I need a kit to do that sort of work. There is one at my home if you can get it. Unless one of you have a few things I can use. Namely the card itself, its not something that could just be carved out of wood. Whats the address of the hospital?>>
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules