NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #615 on: <06-10-15/1034:17> »
Arc took a glance over at Marco after he finished his disguising touches, remarking amusedly to herskef about how he's likely far better at makeup than she will ever be.  Raising a brow, she gave a low whistle.  "Frag man.  You would fool me, that is for sure.  As for Sam...". She paused, frowning a bit.  "...Yelena would know more than I, as I've met this form only like once before...I'd describe him as professional and focused, drek like that.  He seems motivated to get what he's after, but always aloof on the big picture.  He takes care of his people, though, especially when they're helping him...how do you think I got a decent set of eyes and this arm, huh?". That seemed to finalize her description as the human went quiet, frowning for several moments for speaking up.

"Wanna say sommat  to ya, and you tell anyone I say this and I'll deck ya, wiz?  I know you don't like this sitch.  You're nervous, and don't wanna get slotted big time.  I get that.  And the fact you came through last night means a lot.  Major respect.  I just want you to know you ain't the only nervous one.  I gotndrek in my life worth sticking around for now, and I don't wanna lose it.  If I seem harsh, it's because that's how I handle the drek, aight?  We cool?"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #616 on: <06-10-15/1531:06> »
Tues Dec 8th 13:50

@ Arc & Marco  The Krill & Chill was a Stuffer Shack wannabe. When they'd first opened they'd tried to make themselves seem a bit more upscale, as "Food without the Fake-Out". But, krill was krill and the cheap decorations and neighborhood had meant it had never really taken off. Still, as a meeting place it worked for a lot of people because they'd always had a wide open concept for the entire place and even the paranoid types felt like they had a good vantage point. When Marco & Arc arrive it's a little after lunch-time. There's a couple of people in the line at the counter and about another half-dozen scattered at various tables. No one in line is a dwarf, and of the three dwarves in the room it's easy to eliminate the female.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #617 on: <06-10-15/1535:34> »
Marco answers... “I wouldn’t dream to embarrass you, fearless driver. Besides... getting the lady behind the wheel angry is never a good idea. “ he laugh.
“Seriously though... I think that admitting fear is a sign of bravery being what you are. Brave people are these that overcome fear - these that do not feel fear are just stupid.  I know you do not share that feeling. That you think that I am prey... Fear is an important force of life - it can keep you alive. It is what prevented me from becoming a brainless blind follower of the church. Part of the invisible hand of god, an assassin.”
He sighs.
“My hands haven’t spilled any blood because I resisted with any little bit of personality. I was terrified at the kind of man I would become if I would suppress my nature... I refused to learn combat spells,  I...”

He sighs. “I slotted most of the other students in my class. I lied, cheated, drunk a lot of alcohol. Practically i did my best to violate every single vow I ever took. My nature knew better than me. I did not understand why I did all these things, I did not control myself it was all instinct self preservation. It was terror of what happen if I give up... I was unfair to many people and I am not proud of what I did.

The fear of becoming a killer saved my soul, I was born to be a murderer.  Brainwashed from childhood with education whose sole purpose was to teach me blind trust in religious authority... It wasn’t easy, they called me cowered, they called me incompetent an idiot, a Satan worshiper. I was subjected to both verbal abuse, mental manipulation, social pressure, magical torture... any thing they could imagine. You might think that I went a little crazy in there... but I believe that a deep force of creation protected me. A demoness that Christianity sees as pure evil, gave me the strength to endure it all to make myself useless to their goal.

I never considered bailing on you gals, I thought and I still think that the right thing to do is to disappear and quietly search for Sam if it is within our power. If Feathers is gone, Phoenix is grabbed and Sam is either hiding or gone - we shouldn’t just sit and wait for evil to come to us. Sam knows too much about us - and if someone take this knowledge from him than we are in grave danger. You gals were right, your hoop was safe I was just paranoid.  It takes a lot more than calling me prey to shake my friendship...  No hard feelings... but Sam is acting jerk with me for 9 month and here we are trying to save his hoop.

Thinking about it again, you were right. I am prey - I dance to Sam’s whims because I am too afraid to fly to Italy and let my parents actually see what kind of person I am. The same people that gave an helpless child to the mercy of priests to use as a tool to fulfill their dark desires.  So you could say that I am attached to people that abused me, that betrayed me.

So, yes I am trusting, I am naive - I love the wrong people and I definitely have a terrible taste you can torment me all day and I’ll still be loyal to you because I gave my word.  I will not remain prey for long tough... If I am brave enough this gig will be the last time that I take this crap from Sam. If he wants my loyalty he’ll have to be real with me...  he freaking faked our entire relationship - he obviously does not deserve my loyalty. To be completely honest - if you think that I am naive now... imagine how helpless I was when Sam found me. I still owe him for making sure I survived outside of the monastery. Seattle is different than everything I ever knew.
« Last Edit: <06-10-15/1545:02> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #618 on: <06-10-15/1555:29> »
When they arrive at the Krill and Chill, Marco is a bit confused.
He softly say: "Guessing... would just tip our hand that we have no idea what he look like... lets stand in line and see what dwarf seems to be looking for someone that's our guy. "
« Last Edit: <06-10-15/1653:38> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #619 on: <06-10-15/2025:36> »
Arc listened to Marco's tale, staying silent and not interrupting.  She knew better than to...it didn't take a genius to figure out he was opening his life up to her, a state of vulnerability that, while experiencing it recently with Yelena, was a state the stout girl was not accustomed to.  After a short while of silence after the elf man shared his tale, she finally spoke up, clearing her throat a bit.

"When I said you was prey, I wasn't trying to call you weak.  I've seen enough of you to know you got the ability to be whatever the drek you fraggin' wanna be at any time.  I ain't saying don't be afraid.  I get afraid.  But fear gets you killed in the Sprawl, omae.  When I say don't be prey, it means don't let the hoops we finna go after see that fear, nawsayin'?  They see it, they know they won."

"Growing up under the Howler heel, I was afraid.  Like, all the fragging time.  New cybereyes that hurt like drek, just lost my entire world, and getting beaten around by trogs at 9 years old will put fear in ya.  It wasn't until I started to think like the pack, and find my talents, that I began to push past it.  I turn that fear into focus, chummer: focus, passion, and determination.  So if I come across as some harsh troggy slitch, that's why: cuz I am one."
  She grinned, winking as they pulled up to the place.

"I know how you feel about Sam, too.  Demand what you want, but I'm seeing at least this part through: i owe him that for my life and my new arm and eyes.  After?  We can finna figure that out then.  Shadows...I may stick to em, freelance yknow?  I dunno why...these jobs challenge me in a way broken car drek couldn't, and that's exciting...but only if I can keep what's mine mine, wiz?  Aight, let's do this..."

Upon entering, Arc gave a low whistle as she looked around.  With her hair in a messy ponytail and dressed in a man's shirt and jeans, the human looked right at home in a place like this.  In fact, she felt more at home than any place she had recently.   Low-quality, cheap grub...bread and butter growing up, heh She mused to herself as she chuckled, nodding to Marco and getting in line, whispering lightly to him.  "I'm taking a peek, but we ain't tipping the hand.  Just play cool, we get a bite and a table as needed.  If you recognized, let them make a move.  If not, we have time to wait.  Either way, I got ya back, ya heard?"  Pulling away, Arc gave a little chuckle, as if Marco...who looked very much like Sam, had just made a joke.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #620 on: <06-11-15/0014:22> »
The surrounding was not his style, and the lanky elf was a little over dressed... but just a little as you’d expect a small time lawyer or a salesman. Marco felt comfortable talking to people was his life passion. Shilla taught him well - people are open books, you just need to learn how to read them...

"One of these dwarfs is looking for someone, either he recognized Sam or his eyes are wandering. The other just came here to eat... now I just need to understand the right one... and not get us all killed with a wild goose chase but that concern is better left for after this drek is over... someplace nice with a lot of alcohol, sex and magical vices... but someplace safe. "

While standing in line, Marco focus his senses he trusts his intuition and gut feeling to tell him who is the person he is looking for.
[spoiler]
Judge intentions: 11d6t5 6
[/spoiler]

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #621 on: <06-11-15/0055:16> »
With his heightened awareness it's easy for Marco to spot his mark. The dwarf has a drink and only a drink in front of him. He's very poorly dressed and his hair is matted. His hands have the tremor of a chronic user and his skin the faint yellow of a long-time alcoholic. But his eyes aren't just traveling out of curiosity, they're lighting on each person in turn. And with that awareness comes another certain bit of knowledge. The female dwarf is with him. She's dressed even more poorly than he is and is trying to sip her drink even more slowly. Marco can tell she can't afford another. She's trying not to look at your mark, but she can't help herself, every so often her eyes will dart to him, and then to a plate of food.

@ Arc  Getting the commcodes is easy. Arc is a little surprised at how easily she's taking to the shadowrunning life. And the Howler habits she'd always hated are standing her in good stead in it.
« Last Edit: <06-11-15/2226:37> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #622 on: <06-11-15/0112:32> »
Ambrose took a nice long break to hang out in the local park. Wasn't much of one. But there was a bench. And.. some birds.That holographic tree was a nice touch too. He was so not going to stick the crazy lady, all day while the others were off busy searching for sam.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #623 on: <06-11-15/0248:54> »
"We want four meals." Said Marco..." yes sure supersize it. "Marco already knew enough, that dwarf had no idea who Sam was - or at least not that skin. He seemed genuinely poor an ideal contact perhaps - desperate enough to watch a location for days in exchange for some food and drinks, poor enough to fill in for you if you had an accident?

Marco softly say, “it’s that dwarf over there... I am certain of it.” He takes two of the meals, letting Arc carry the other two and sits next to the dwarf. “Pleased to meet you, my name is Sam Webster... this is my friend Arc. He say and pushes the meal next to him. Please be my guest - your girl can also join us it is okay. It will be more pleasent with her company.”

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #624 on: <06-11-15/0910:58> »
@ Ambrose  It's chilly outside. But the soft sunshine warms his face. Ambrose considers his options. The Yak had given him a job and hadn't seen a return. Sam had hired him, and the cred and items he'd gotten from Marco had been maybe a quarter of what he'd been due for the latter half of his payment. He could cut his losses and just walk away. But, these characters seemed determined to find Sam, said it was his chess game, which meant two things. He was the brains of the operation, and he had some serious money. The human, Ace? Ann? Arc? yes Arc, had said that Sam had paid for her body mods, so definitely he was the money. And if he stuck around and helped he'd get paid. He'd already given them the comms from the lighters and cigarettes. So they were using his tech. He'd proven how valuable he could be. He just needed to decide if they were valuable to him. The two elves, one dressed very nice, which only confirmed that Sam paid very well, the other was ganger born of that Ambrose was certain, despite the fact that he recognized none of her tats and she was obviously a foreigner. But, they'd also said she was the muscle. So, they obviously didn't rely on muscle, but did jobs with the precision of a scalpel, not blunt force. And scalpels meant you stayed alive to collect payment. They also worked very well together. They split up jobs with practicality and without any ego. And if this morning was anything to go by, with a lot of love for each other, and that was something you couldn't buy.

@ Marco & Arc  The dwarf looks shocked, but he says, "She can stay over there where she can see you. Besides, she's an ex-girlfriend so I don't need her in any of my business. You said that there was money involved. It's why I'm here."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #625 on: <06-11-15/1030:57> »
“She still seems to care about you very much man. But as you wish...” He say to Arc, “Be a doll and bring her something to eat, her drink is nearly over and we bought four super chill packs anyhow." Marco feels awkward talking to Arc like that, but he also hopes that being treated so poorly, the dwarf lady can be their key to figuring it out.  He hopes that Arc understands it rather than get angry. The language serves his purpose though as he aims to be perceived as the one in charge, the big fish the boss.

Once they are alone, Marco say:
:”Are you hungry? Because I still haven’t had lunch... I haven’t had Krill in a long while... Next time tough I'll pick the restaurant. I hope you like meat" He laughs, “...So nostalgic, come enjoy lunch with me”

After a couple of bites that considering his last night are actually an improvement of his day. Marco say. “Indeed, knowing me can be very profitable... How do you think my friend over there could afford a new cyberarm and a fancy set of eyes? These things cost more than what the average Joe makes in a year.”
He pauses for a little while trying to control the phase of the talk.
“*If* you can make yourself useful- your life will change for the better... “
Having set the trap with an illusion of power and money it was time to see what they were up against. Marco is still not 100% sure they are what they seem to be.

“About the accident... I do not believe that you plan on collecting any insurance money... If you were going for insurance money you would have stayed in the hospital until released, but you didn’t you checked yourself out, probably signed a release form doing so...”

Probing his reaction and trying to place some extra pressure on the dwarf he adds: 
“The question is, my good man... why did you leave the hospital so early? why not complaining about back pains trying to get some health damage accounted for the insurance... Instead you were nervous, you had to get out of there... you are not a very good liar - your bluff was a different one - you weren’t present in that accident, were you?”
« Last Edit: <06-11-15/1112:27> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #626 on: <06-11-15/1138:07> »
Arc blinked a bit, surprised by the very classic mid-twenthieth century wordology Marco used on her, and impressed by how quickly he adopted a more dominant, predatorial demeanor.  Told him, didn't I... She smirked inwardly as she gave a quiet nod.  " Of course" was all the human girl said in return, nodding to the male dwarf before turning and going up to retrieve a tray with two lunches.

Without hesitance, Arc approached the dwarfette, adopting a soft and warm smile as she took a seat across from her, placing the tray between them. "Hey.  Want some?  Compliments of my boss over there, so please eat up.  If not, I'm gonna have to, and I'd rather my beau not complain about how fat I'm gettin, ya hear me omae?". Her tone was pleasant and nonthreatening as the human could muster, and Arc did amusedly note this is one of the few times she could say she was with someone (somewhat) shorter than her.  "Name's Arc, by the way."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #627 on: <06-11-15/1226:59> »
@ Arc  The dwarf looks at you and says, "Well, since you don't want it. I was gonna eat later, not sure about eatin' in this place, but, ya know, shame for it ta go ta waste." She tucks into it quickly enough after that. When she's done she looks over at Marco and says, "So, your boss, is he ok?" and she looks questioningly towards Marco.

@ Marco  He looks at you, "I was there. But, I wasn't the only one there. At the hospital they ask a bunch of nosy questions, and if they'd kept me then he would have made away with our stash and sold it without giving me anything. He got out and ran. I was trapped and was trying to get out after him, and that's when the police and ambulance came, when I'd finally managed to slide out after him and was in the drivers seat when the cops and ambulance came and thought I was the driver."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #628 on: <06-11-15/1228:37> »
Yelena looks at the feed from the drone as it moves from room to room.  Nothing she sees would indicate that either a Sam or Shilla ever lived here.  She sits outside the apartment door, trying to think of how to determine if Sam had been here and hits on an idea.  She first sends the drone back to closely examine the pictures of the family and then to the master bathroom.  Yelena guides the drone to the sink first and sends it down the drain.  Being no larger than an insect, it should fit between the holes and can go down into the plumbing.  She is looking for hair that does not match that of the people in the pictures.  After having the drone take photos of the hairs it finds she will do the same to the shower drain.  If this had indeed been the apartment of Shilla for the past nine months, there should be some evidence of her hair in the drains.

Once finished, she will stand and knock at the door.  She expects the butler/cleaning droid to answer and tell her that she has the wrong address when she asks for Sam Webster, but it will give Arc's recon drone a way out of the apartment.

Yelena notes the apartment number and returns to the lobby to retrieve her pistol.  As she slides it into her holster, she turns her body to give the guard the beast opportunity to look down her shirt.  Striking quickly while the guard might still be under the influence of her assets, she asks, "So.  Residents of 5013 on holiday?  Maybe long time?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #629 on: <06-11-15/1256:07> »
@ Yelena  The hair down the drain is all dark at first, but further down are fine tawny-blond hairs, down both the sink and the bathtub drain. And every member of this little family has black hair from the holo-cubes. Once she questions the guard he says, "No, they were gone for almost six months but they've been back for awhile now."