NEWS

SR5 Human Tank Build

• 15 Replies

8-bit

« on: <11-21-14/1352:06> »
Just a simple build; curious to any criticisms. It turned out, interesting, to say the least, and it was actually rather refreshing compared to my normal hyper gun bunny builds. The skills are a little depressing, but oh well.

--------------------------------------

-- Priorities --
Metatype C (Human)
Attributes A
Magic E
Skills D
Resources B

-- Karma Expenditure --
50 Total
-23 in Qualities
-10 for 20,000 nuyen
-5 for Athletics 1
-10 for Charisma 2
-2 for Contacts

0 Left

-- Attributes --
Body 7
Agility 3
Reaction 4 (5)
Strength 5
Willpower 5
Logic 2
Intuition 5
Charisma 2
Edge 7
Essence 0.0500

Initiative - 10 + 2d6
Initiative w/ Kamikaze - 10 + 4d6
Physical Condition Monitor - 14
Stun Condition Monitor - 11
Overflow Boxes - 10
Physical Limit - 8
Mental Limit - 5
Social Limit - 4

-- Qualities --
Exceptional Attribute - Body (-14 Karma)
Will to Live 3 (-9 Karma)
Allergy - Pollen, Moderate (+15 Karma)
Distinctive Style (+5 Karma)
National SIN - UCAS (+5 Karma)

-- Skills --
Athletics 1
Automatics 6 (+2 Submachine Guns) | Dice pool of 9 (11) [12 (14) w/ Cyberarms]
Con 2 (+2 Fast Talk) | Dice pool of 4 (6)
Perception 1 (+2 Visual) | Dice pool of 6 (8)
Pilot Ground Craft 1 | Dice pool of 6
Sneaking 1 (+2 Urban) | Dice pool of 4 (6)
Unarmed Combat 6 (+2 Cyber Implants) | Dice pool of 9 (11) [15 (17) w/ Right Cyberarm]

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
TBD - 14 points

-- Augmentations --
Aluminum Bone Lacing - Standard - 18,000 nuyen | 1.0 Essence
Rating 3 Cybereyes - Alphaware - 33,600 nuyen | 0.32 Essence
w/ Flare Compensation, Low-Light Vision, Smartlink, Thermographic Vision, Vision Magnification, Vision Enhancement 2
Datajack - Alphaware - 1,200 nuyen | 0.08 Essence
Rating 3 Internal Air Tank - Alphaware - 16,200 nuyen | 0.2 Essence
Obvious Full Arm (Left) w/ Armor 3 - Used - 18,000 nuyen | 1.25 Essence
Obvious Full Arm (Right) - Used - 74,438 nuyen | 1.25 Essence
w/ Armor 3, Custom Agility 6, Custom Strength 6, Enhanced Agility 3, Enhanced Strength 3, Shock Hand, Hand Razors
Wired Reflexes 1 - Alphware - 46,800 nuyen | 1.6 Essence
Platelet Factories - Used - 12,750 nuyen | 0.25 Essence

-- Gear --
Armor Jacket w/ Nonconductivity 6, Chemical Protection 4, Autoinjector (loaded w/ Crash; set to go off when I fall unconscious) - 5,000 nuyen
Ares: Big Game Hunter w/ Gear Access, Holster, Liner - Chemical Protection 6, Nonconductivity 6, Chemical Protection 4, Autoinjector (loaded as above) - 9,000 nuyen
Ares SIGMA 3 w/ Folding Stock, Foregrip, Slide Mount, Internal Smartgun System, Advanced Safety System (Basic), Silencer, 2 Spare Clips, Sling - 2,125 nuyen
Ammunition: 100 Gel Rounds (Submachine Guns), 100 Regular Rounds (Submachine Guns)
Rating 6 Medkit - 1,500 nuyen
Transys Avalon Commlink w/ Sim Module - 5,100 nuyen
2 Renraku Sensei Commlinks - 2,000 nuyen
2 Meta Link Commlinks - 200 nuyen
Rating 6 Bug Scanner - 600 nuyen
Micro-transceiver - 100 nuyen
Tag Eraser - 450 nuyen
Rating 6 White Noise Generator - 300 nuyen
20 doses of Kamikaze - 2,000 nuyen
10 doses of Long Haul - 500 nuyen
10 doses of Crash - 8,000 nuyen
10 doses of Laes - 7,500 nuyen
10 Disposable Syringes - 100 nuyen
4 Rating 6 Stim Patches - 600 nuyen
100 Stealth Tags - 100 nuyen
Gas Mask - 200 nuyen
Rating 6 Respirator - 300 nuyen
Survival Kit - 200 nuyen
1 Gold, 4 Silver, 4 Standard Credsticks - 200 nuyen
Rating 4 Fake SIN w/ Rating 4 Fake License (Restricted Cyberware), Rating 4 Fake License (Concealed Carry), Rating 4 Fake License (Bodyguard) - 12,400 nuyen
Suzuki Mirage w/ Morphing License Plate, Spoof Chips - 10,000 nuyen
1 Month of Middle Lifestyle - 5,000 nuyen

Remaining Money - 87 + (4d6 x 100) nuyen

-- Contacts --
Fixer - Connection 4, Loyalty 1

--------------------------------------

I went a little overkill with money purchases, as I had some excess cash to spare. The skills are a little lackluster as well, which is kind of disappointing. At least he's rolling 27 soak dice with his Armor Jacket. I could get a much more effective build, but I refrained from using Used Hands and Feet for the extra armor; as that is usually frowned upon.

Thoughts, criticisms?
« Last Edit: <11-21-14/1809:53> by 8-bit »

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-21-14/1554:24> »
I don't know if you noticed or not but for your ares big game hunter you've listed chemical protection 6 twice. I don't know if it was intentional or not but thought I'd point it out to you.

8-bit

« Reply #2 on: <11-21-14/1604:22> »
The first one is the liner (it comes with custom protection [6] for free), the second one is a modification. I'm not sure if they stack, but I thought they did. Pretty easy to change if they don't stack.

SoulGambit

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <11-21-14/1756:38> »
Pretty sure I remember the speial protection you get for free not stacking with the purchased version, but away from books right now.
I'd seriously consider swapping Metatype and Skills in your priorities.
You aren't using your encumbrance at all. You should have 7 (Body) + 14 (Armor) + 6 (Armor Add-Ons) +8 ('Ware) +2 (Bone Lacing's bonus body) = 37 Soak.
Strength 9 in your Cyberarm is doing nothing for you. Strength 7 should be the max you should consider (for RC) and you should bring your off-arm up to at least 4.
Get Radiation Shielding and Chemical Seal/Resistance or Toxic Mages will eat you alive.
I'd recommend Magic Resistance in place of the qualities you have, on that note, but that's because I'm afraid of mind control. Ymmv.
If possible, raise Reaction to 5 and buy one of those 2's with Karma.
There's no real reason for you to not have a bigger variety of weapons at your disposal. Why no AK-97, at least?
Leave a minimum of 0.31 Essence unspent so you can make a bee-line for a Pain Editor, which is the most amazing tank augment in existence.
If you aren't going the full Wired Reflexes 1 + Reaction Enhancers 3, I'd just stick with the Reaction Enhancers. Unless you're getting enough Initiative to realiably-ish get 3 Passes, just shore up your defense.
« Last Edit: <11-21-14/1759:04> by SoulGambit »

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-21-14/1800:43> »
You should have more physical boxes (+1 for each arm). Not sure if you have enough capacity in your arm for all that stuff too. Probably you do.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

8-bit

« Reply #5 on: <11-21-14/1809:43> »
Pretty sure I remember the speial protection you get for free not stacking with the purchased version, but away from books right now.

You might be right; I wasn't sure.

I'd seriously consider swapping Metatype and Skills in your priorities.

Yeah, I was definitely considering that. That 7 Edge is so nice though ... but Skills need a little love.

You aren't using your encumbrance at all. You should have 7 (Body) + 14 (Armor) + 6 (Armor Add-Ons) +8 ('Ware) +2 (Bone Lacing's bonus body) = 37 Soak.

Because most things that have encumbrance are really obvious. How are you getting 14 Armor and 6 Armor Add-Ons? Just curious.

Strength 9 in your Cyberarm is doing nothing for you. Strength 7 should be the max you should consider (for RC) and you should bring your off-arm up to at least 4.

It's actually doing a lot for close quarters combat. It's the difference between 8P with -3 AP, and 10P with -3 AP. Honestly, I could care less about the off-arm, but I was trying to refrain from using hand cheese for Armor.

Get Radiation Shielding and Chemical Seal/Resistance or Toxic Mages will eat you alive.

Woah. I wasn't considering Toxic Mages off the bat! It's a good point (already have Chemical Protection), but Radiation Shielding is good.

I'd recommend Magic Resistance in place of the qualities you have, on that note, but that's because I'm afraid of mind control. Ymmv.

I'm not really dead-set on Will to Live 3 (although I like it), so I could see picking it up. It's just so expensive ...

If possible, raise Reaction to 5 and buy one of those 2's with Karma.

What do I even get out of Reaction 5? I'm already buying one of them to 2 with Karma (that's 10 Karma there), and 1 more Initiative point isn't worth losing another 10 Karma IMO.

There's no real reason for you to not have a bigger variety of weapons at your disposal. Why no AK-97, at least?

Yeah, that's a good point.

Leave a minimum of 0.31 Essence unspent so you can make a bee-line for a Pain Editor, which is the most amazing tank augment in existence.

You've got a point, but I don't know about a bee-line per se. It's still 48,000 nuyen. Not really seeing what to drop, other than the Cybereyes perhaps.

If you aren't going the full Wired Reflexes 1 + Reaction Enhancers 3, I'd just stick with the Reaction Enhancers. Unless you're getting enough Initiative to realiably-ish get 3 Passes, just shore up your defense.

Yeah, I considered the trade-off. I normally do go with Reaction Enhancers 3, but I figured I could get some use out of Kamikaze and 4 Initiative Dice. It is something to think about though. I probably will make the swap; although I would like Wired Reflexes at some point, but they aren't necessary at chargen.

You should have more physical boxes (+1 for each arm). Not sure if you have enough capacity in your arm for all that stuff too. Probably you do.

Oh, I didn't realize they gave extra boxes. I'll fix that up. And yeah, I have just enough capacity for that stuff in the arm.

Thefurmonger

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-22-14/1215:04> »
Sorry for the silly question but you say you load the auto injector with "Crash" but im not seeing that under the drugs, where is it?

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #7 on: <11-22-14/1304:48> »
Crash is in Bullets & Bandages. It's basically a liquid Trauma Patch (without the wireless bonus, natch).
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #8 on: <11-22-14/1315:41> »
Crash is in Bullets & Bandages. It's basically a liquid Trauma Patch (without the wireless bonus, natch).

Yeah, someone else on this forum had the idea and I just lifted it from him. It's rather brilliant IMO. You fall unconscious due to blood loss, bam, autoinjector activates and stabilizes you. It's pretty expensive, but well worth it.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-22-14/1325:30> »
Yeah, someone else on this forum had the idea and I just lifted it from him. It's rather brilliant IMO. You fall unconscious due to blood loss, bam, autoinjector activates and stabilizes you. It's pretty expensive, but well worth it.
Just wanted to note that I think it allows the stabilization test rather than auto-stabilizing like a wireless-enabled Trauma Patch would do. I guess it would be the subject's BOD + LOG  w/ a Threshold (3). Those rules feel a little wonky, but I guess they work. The Logic part seems a little weird since no one is really administering the drug, the auto-injector is...

It's still a good check and way better than nothing.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #10 on: <11-22-14/1328:09> »
True, true. Still better to have a chance to stabilize than risk bleeding to death.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <11-22-14/1331:57> »
True, true. Still better to have a chance to stabilize than risk bleeding to death.
Absolutely. I think a lot of people don't realize Shadowrun doesn't have, for lack of a better term, a death save. If you're knocked into physical overflow and no one is around to try stabilize you, you're dead (barring Edge burning).
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Thefurmonger

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <12-05-14/1120:10> »

Sorry for the bump but could someone break this down please?

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <12-05-14/1137:31> »

Sorry for the bump but could someone break this down please?

7 body stat
Ares: Big Game Hunter  14 armor
You can use a number of armor mods at no penalty = to your str +1 So anything with + in front like shields, helmets, forearm guards ext. So lets say shield +6
+8 Ware = 6 from cyber limbs and the +2 from bone lacing
then bone lacing also give two bonus body for soak

7+14+6+8+2= 37  :)

Does that answer your question?

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Thefurmonger

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <12-05-14/1138:22> »
Sure does, thank you.