NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #1815 on: <04-06-15/1834:15> »
I'm not exactly sure what Chino has to say. He's mostly being quiet throughout the ride. He's not going to exit the van; being SINless isn't going to help him blend in.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1816 on: <04-06-15/1844:54> »
Chino isn't required to say anything, but I don't mind IC posts that basically say "steady as she goes". If he thinks it's a good idea, he could just nod. If he thinks it's bunk, now's the time to say something before the team drops 70% of its remaining nuyen on a plan he thinks is poorly considered.

We don't have to RP the shopping spree; I just wanted to get the costs in front of you and give people the opportunity to alter the list or otherwise change course. Doc has some things to share, which hopefully Zweiblumen can post before long.

If I don't hear any major objections or alternative suggestions, we'll move forward tomorrow.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1817 on: <04-06-15/1920:31> »
I'm trying to get an IC up addressing some of these things, but I keep getting 403 errors.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1818 on: <04-06-15/1928:20> »
I've been having a rash of those as well. Some things which seem to help:

1) Open a new tab in a new window (not the same window), sometimes effective and sometimes not
2) Deleting your shadowruntabletop.com cookie and logging back in. I did that over the weekend and haven't had another issue since then (knock on wood)

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1819 on: <04-06-15/1930:09> »
Ok, it finally let me post. Anyway, Ohanzee and Doc already have Balaclavas and Ohanzee at least already has gloves. Other members might also have some cold weather gear, so we might be able to save a few pennies there.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1820 on: <04-06-15/1945:28> »
Katsina already has gloves too (for her allergies), but the "gloves" on the shopping list are "so my fingers don't fall off in the mountains in the winter" gloves.

I meant to subtract two balaclavas but apparently I forgot.

Most people have some form of Insulation on their armor. Chino is in the toughest position since punching the fire spirit did a number on his armor.

Using spirits is a legitimate approach, but if Ohanzee gets wetworked then the team is out of luck. That's especially true for moving the obelisk, as Levitate is the only viable approach for long distances. Buying a sled and having Sam or Chino pull it is not completely out of the question, but will slow you down and jack your calorie burn rate considerably.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1821 on: <04-07-15/0222:35> »
Bad news: no discount for the survival gear, and magical supplies (like the quicksilver camera) are 10% extra. Blame Nigel Findley.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1822 on: <04-08-15/1709:10> »
Just noticed - Sam bought two high quality backpacks and some hiking boots for a camping trip in the area (so I would assume they might cover him as far as gaiters and/or snowshoes) when we were in Carbondale, so we can knock that off the list. He also picked up some charcoal, which might help keep a fire burning to heat an indoor area, at least for s little bit, or cook a few meals.

Aside from that, I don't think we have a consensus as to how exposed they want to be should Ohanzee bite it, so I can't provide an accounting of exactly what Ace and I would have purchased. It's Ace's money, mostly, so I'll let him decide whether we want to err on the side of caution or save a few hundred nuyen. Of course, Sam is flush with cash, so he can certainly weigh in if he wants to pitch in.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1823 on: <04-08-15/1736:12> »
You're right, Sam did buy a couple backpacks. I'll knock those off the list.

Money is getting complex, namely because Ace cannot afford all of the most recent purchases on his own. I added up the camping gear and quicksilver camera, then subtracted the costs from your nuyen totals on a prorated basis. For example, Ace had 46% of the group's money so he paid for 46% of the purchases. Doing it that way leads us to the following nuyen counts:

PCRemaining Nuyen
Sam¥400
Chino¥400
Ohanzee          ¥50
Doc¥300
Ace¥1,100
Katsina¥170

I cheated a bit to round the figures off, but that's largely correct.

I'll try to get another IC post up this afternoon.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1824 on: <04-08-15/1747:38> »
Of course, Sam is flush with cash, so he can certainly weigh in if he wants to pitch in.

If sam is indeed flush with cash, he's willing to throw as much in as is needed.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1825 on: <04-09-15/1906:10> »
Let's get some posts up. Questions, discussion, more recon you want to do, say F it and bail, etc.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1826 on: <04-09-15/2007:38> »
I think folks are pretty frustrated with the site performance.  I've seen two games basically stop because of it :(

That said, Doc just threw some more data onto the fire.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1827 on: <04-10-15/1747:23> »
I think folks are pretty frustrated with the site performance.  I've seen two games basically stop because of it :(

Oh, so much this.  Pain in the ass.

In other news. . .

Ace is racking his brain for any possible anti-vamp contingencies that may be employed.  He's wondering if UV lighting, or pretty much anything mentioned in Run Faster is likely to be employed in the hospital. While this is a stretch, Ace is also curious if a vampire in mist form will be seen by patrolling spirits.

Vamps and sec design: 7d6t5 3

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1828 on: <04-10-15/2116:47> »
Yeah, I'm having a ton of fun with HTTP Error 403. Those are a riot.

Ace is reasonably certain that a hospital of this size, and in a location like this, would not be using UV lighting as a security measure against species with sunlight allergies.

Here's a brainteaser though: would a vampire be vulnerable to sunlight (or UV) if he or she were invisible? I'm going to say "yes, vulnerable" for Invisibility, since it's a mana spell and affects the mind of the viewer. Improved Invisibility is less clear. It's a Physical spell, but the description says it "mimics the subject’s surroundings from all angles", which implies that the subject is still getting hit by the light but it's not being reflected as it usually would be.

The magical folks (and Ace, given his roll) would know that a patrolling spirit would definitely see a vampire in mist form. A vampire's dual-nature makes him or her that much easier to spot on the astral, which mist form does nothing to counteract.

IC post coming for Katsina.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1829 on: <04-11-15/1715:09> »
Another option that I don't think Ohanzee has the knowledge to suggest, but is sort of hinted at in his monologue, is that if the hospital has an autodoc (and why wouldn't they have a number of them), Doc might be able to run any tests he wants remotely, using it as his proxy. While we're in a room with our fake patient, perhaps he can commandeer one and send it our way, maybe get us access to a room with the equipment he needs. He wouldn't have more than maybe 15 minutes or so to get some samples and run some quick tests, but it might be better than what he's been able to manage thus far.