• 2014 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #1080 on: <01-25-15/0249:23> »
Initiative for next CT.

Initiative (Intuition 3 + Reaction 6 - Wounds 3 + 2d6): 6+2d6 15 [5, 4]

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1081 on: <01-25-15/0310:21> »
is the windshield on the hotspur shattered?

Yes:

The windshield itself shatters.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1082 on: <01-25-15/0322:55> »
I think I'm only at -1 for this roll, correct?

Initiative: 2d6+8 17

If not, I go on 16.

EDIT: I'll have an IC post for this whole bout of shenanigans up soon, but not tonight.
« Last Edit: <01-25-15/0329:15> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1083 on: <01-25-15/1603:28> »
Initiatives:
Ohanzee (1d6+7 - Wounds 3 - Crash 1) - Initiative: 1d6+3 4 - bare minimum
Wolf (2d6+12 - Wounds 3) - Initiative: 2d6+9 20 - very nice
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1084 on: <01-25-15/1617:32> »
Sorry. I've had a stupid busy weekend. I'll get my actions and initiative up this afternoon.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1085 on: <01-25-15/1832:41> »
Sorry for the delay...

Programs: Agent; Decryption; Encryption; Mugger
A: 7(8 ) S: 4 D: 6 F: 5(6)

CT2 IP3:
Doc:
Free Action: <<<@Team[Doc] Decker crashed; Rigger gone?; Working on Street Sam now>>> (9 words too many?)
Complex Action: Data Spike on Commlink #2 Cybercombat(6) Logic(9)+VR(2)-Wounds(2) = 15: 15d6t5 5 (limit 8)
Agent:
Complex Action: Agent's Matrix Perception on Street Sam Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16 (again): 16d6t5 6 (limit 6)

@Tec: Want me to do the damage calculations for you?  I figured since you needed to roll the defense to finish the math that it would be spurious, but I can add it in going forward if you want.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1086 on: <01-25-15/2237:00> »
There is no posting requirement for the weekend so there is no need to apologize. The weekends are my toughest time to be online so I consider any progress we make on Saturdays and Sundays to be a bonus.

As for the text message, I don't want to micromanage the length of messages by counting words. I'm giving guidance to what I think a short message is and hope that people can help regulate themselves. And, again, some leeway is given for when the communication is fluff rather than crunch.

@Zweiblumen
Go ahead and list out your base attack DV, adding in additional damage from programs and marks and the like, since it saves me some time.

For the current situation, I am seeing Attack 8 + Mark 3 (with Mugger). Doc might be better off with Hammer instead of Mugger, especially if he starts spiking devices without getting a mark first, but I'll leave the tactics up to you.

Defending from the data spike: 3 hits
That makes damage 8 + 3 + 2 net hits = 13DV
Soaking Matrix Damage: 5 hits
Street Sam's commlink is at 8 boxes. It will be bricked with 2 more boxes.

Agent identifies the following as additional items slaved to the Ork Samurai's commlink:
6. FN HAR  with intergral smartlink
7. Enfield AS-7 with internal smartlink
8. Cyberarm with cyber submachine gun
9. White noise generator
10. Doc Wagon (Gold)

@Zweiblumen Go ahead and roll initiative.

The Composure modifiers reduce a step at the end of the first IP, so Sam is still at -2.

I'll try to get an IC post up tonight. I encourage people to add their own, even if mine covers some of your actions. You all will have a much better opportunity to describe your PCs actions and thought process than I will, and remember that IC posts are your participation grade when it comes time for karma. Post early, post often!

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1087 on: <01-26-15/0112:32> »
Will absolutely add my DV in going forward to make life easier.
RE: Mugger/Hammer, I *thought* I had hammer running, but  realized I didn't and haven't had the actions to switch it out.  When I configured the deck I was thinking I was in a situation where I was getting more marks. This particular situation would have netted me 1 more DV, when still wouldn't have bricked his comm this round :(

And damn, I always forget something!
Agent's Initiative 11+4d6: 4d6+11 23
Doc's Initiative 4d6+10 -2 wounds: 4d6+8 26

General rule of thumb?  Better to crash the gun or the smartlink?  And I'm guessing it's another complex action to see which gun is active?

EDIT: typing is hard.
« Last Edit: <01-26-15/0131:57> by Zweiblumen »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1088 on: <01-26-15/0116:43> »
I'll let others chime in on the tactics. Here is the current situation:

*|   ||[G]|*    /RV/
          *|   ||[M]|*   /RV/
          *|   ||   |*  /RV/
          *|   ||   |* /RV/
     Wolf *|   ||   |* [ATV] <----- Snowmobile / ATV / Ace + Sam / Gas Grenade
          *|   || E |* <----- Elven female staggering toward Tata
(cliff)   *|   ||   |*
          *|   ||[T]|* <----- Troll on the passenger side of the Tata
          *|   ||[H]|*

Remaining targets that you are aware of:
1. GMC Bulldog (passenger-side windows blown out, rear passenger-side sliding door open)
1a. Driver
1b. Ork samurai
1c. Troll in the backseat
1d. Someone else in the backseat of uncertain race

2. Tata Hotspur (missing windshield)
2a. Troll standing behind the open passenger-side door
2b. Female elf staggering toward the Tata

3. Ford-Canada Buffalo RV (multiple orientation and aesthetic issues)
3a. Spirit trying to bash Katsina's head in

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1089 on: <01-26-15/0225:45> »
General rule of thumb?  Better to crash the gun or the smartlink?  And I'm guessing it's another complex action to see which gun is active?

My best guess is that a Snoop command will tell you which weapon is being actively used. So, yes, a Complex action.

A gun will still fire even if it's been bricked. You could brick the samurai's smartlink to negated that bonus for all of his guns, but he could still use a laser sight if any of his weapons have those.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1090 on: <01-26-15/0301:09> »
what about his eyes? can ya brick them?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1091 on: <01-26-15/0411:30> »
Complete listing of devices:
1. cybereyes
2. earbuds
3. cyberarm (cyberspur, cyberarm slide)
4. Ares Predator V
5. HK-227
6. FN HAR  with intergral smartlink
7. Enfield AS-7 with internal smartlink
8. Cyberarm with cyber submachine gun
9. White noise generator
10. Doc Wagon (Gold)

At least so far - there  might be more.

I'd start with the eyes, then move on to the arms. He's got a ton of weapons, unless he's using his commlink to protect other people's stuff.

On a side note, how do you heal a spirit? I'm assuming that the Heal spell will work for physical damage, but what about damage it can't heal? I'm assuming that First Aid is not applicable. This whole aspect seems absent from the rules.
« Last Edit: <01-26-15/0428:39> by Malevolence »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1092 on: <01-26-15/0812:54> »
Initiative: 6+2d6 13

My vote is to start by bricking the eyes.

Will catch up here soon.

ETA: Alright, so computer is eating my replies, but let's try this again.  There's a lot to catch up on, so I might miss something.

@Tecumseh, re: this post: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=18731.msg346978#msg346978
Yes, very clear.  Thank you.  OOC, I know that Doc is already on the Street Sam, but Ace doesn't know that, so his Free Action from the previous pass would be to send the following: <<@Team [Ace] Street Sam front passenger bulldog>>

I still get the feeling that you (Poindexter) know something we don't (IC and OOC) because of your comments even after we have determined that it would a) be small nuclear detonation level disruptive and b) it isn't the thing infecting us. It DOES hold our old memories, but we have only a 50/50 chance that destroying it will return them (it could just as easily make them lost forever, taking away any chance we have of recovering them).

Or (like the whole Raven-Ohanzee IC fiasco) have I missed something major again?

and

I'm worried that mask knows something we dont. Im worrying that she's the reason we didnt blow it up before the memory loss. I'm worried that once that bomb leaves sam's hand, thats the last he will see of it.

OOC, I fear both these things, especially since Poindexter didn't deny it  ;)

OOC, I'm also getting pretty tired of being outclassed here.  I guess that means that tactics really need to take precedent.  I'm worried about the Bulldog making off with our only potential getaway vehicle.  As such, I'm tempted to have Ace jump in through the open sliding door, and Charge the driver.  Risky.  The other option I see is taking my first pass to do nothing but aim.  Ace's dice pool for a Charge, Touch Only attack in one pass is about the same as taking a full pass to aim, and then firing his laser rifle, but the latter is a safer play, maybe.

Also, about the Street Sam, after Doc bricks his eyes, it may be better to brick the Doc Wagon contract than weapons, etc.  Last thing we need is an extraction team coming in and making off with the rival crew.  Of course, if they all have Doc Wagon contracts, DC is probably already on its way.
« Last Edit: <01-26-15/1156:02> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1093 on: <01-26-15/1337:27> »
A gun will still fire even if it's been bricked. You could brick the samurai's smartlink to negated that bonus for all of his guns, but he could still use a laser sight if any of his weapons have those.

Is this a houserule?  If so, cool, just *really* changes tactics.  If it doesn't prevent a device from functioning but only keeps it from doing matrix actions, that's a reasonable thing and I'll just concentrate purely on comms.

Quote from: CRB p. 228
If a device is bricked, it stops working: batteries are drained, mechanical parts are fused or gummed up with melted internals, and so on. That said, not all devices are completely useless when bricked. A vibro- sword is still sharp, a roto-drone glides to the ground on auto-gyro, a lock stays locked. The firing pin on an assault rifle might not work, but its bayonet works just fine for stabbing smug hackers. And you can’t exactly brick a katana, ne? And don’t panic when your tricked- out combat bike gets bricked; it will ride again ... if you know a competent technician.

[...]OOC, I know that Doc is already on the Street Sam, but Ace doesn't know that[...]

Doc sent that message to the team, Ace should know that.  Though Doc said "street sam" there may be more than one, he wasn't overly specific.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1094 on: <01-26-15/1418:58> »
A gun will still fire even if it's been bricked. You could brick the samurai's smartlink to negate that bonus for all of his guns, but he could still use a laser sight if any of his weapons have those.

Is this a houserule?  If so, cool, just *really* changes tactics.  If it doesn't prevent a device from functioning but only keeps it from doing matrix actions, that's a reasonable thing and I'll just concentrate purely on comms.

Quote from: CRB p. 228
If a device is bricked, it stops working: batteries are drained, mechanical parts are fused or gummed up with melted internals, and so on. That said, not all devices are completely useless when bricked. A vibro- sword is still sharp, a roto-drone glides to the ground on auto-gyro, a lock stays locked. The firing pin on an assault rifle might not work, but its bayonet works just fine for stabbing smug hackers.

Thank you for quoting the relevant passage. The operative word here is "might", emphasis added. For example, if you bricked a Yamaha Raiden, which has an "electronic firing mechanism", then it would no longer fire. If you brick an AK-97, it's still going to be an AK-97.

Bricking their comms potentially disrupts the enemy's communication and makes their other slaved devices easier to brick (since they won't have the comm's Firewall for protection), but slaved devices will still function wirelessly without commlinks. There are probably more direct and meddlesome approaches that Doc can take than just bricking comms.

@redblack and @Poindexter
Sam and Ace no longer have LOS on the Bulldog. (The RV is blocking the sightlines.) You can still fire on the Tata, no problem. The cloud of gas behind you is growing and will envelop you soon. You can tell that it's an irritant of some sort. You have this IP to clear out without having to find out what it is the hard way.

Rolling initiative now. Will post that next.

Register