NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1050 on: <01-23-15/2337:18> »
Go ahead and declare a set of actions. I've been working with the assumption that Sam has the explosive device in one hand and the XM30 in the other.

Katsina's exact wording is: "Sam, put down the bomb and go help Ace!"

The exact tactics/approach are up to you.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1051 on: <01-23-15/2338:39> »
Can sam see ace right now? Cause without knowing his location or having a line of sight on any foes, am i correct in thinking that the only "help" sam can offer ace is by putting a new target up for the enemies to shoot at?

EDIT: Every single post that goes by makes me a little bit more sorry I didn't just blow it up while everyone was sleeping.
« Last Edit: <01-23-15/2347:29> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1052 on: <01-24-15/0047:29> »
Sam cannot see Ace. Nobody on the team can (although Doc can see Ace's persona). Ace is currently at the rear of the RV, crouched behind the flipped snowmobile.

Katsina was probably thinking of having Sam either join Ace or go out the windshield (or even driver's side door, which is now on the roof) to flank the targets, but none of that was conveyed with her spell. It's up to Sam; since he has Small Unit Tactics, he is likely the better tactician.

I just rolled for the condition of the ATV and the snowmobile. You won't know how they fared until someone with some mechanical skill (Chino) investigates them further, but for now they look reasonably whole. They have not exploded (yet). They have broken free from the trailer and are flipped on their sides. The trailer (which is on its side) is actually pretty decent cover.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1053 on: <01-24-15/0122:24> »
Did sam see which way Ace exited the RV? Based on that knowledge and a small unit tactics roll, I think i can come up with something.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1054 on: <01-24-15/0157:49> »
Yes, although Sam's clarity of mind at the time is up to you.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1055 on: <01-24-15/1052:46> »
I guess my question is this: via the rules, is it possible for sam to use his movement to exit the RV, then in that same pass, aquire a target and fire?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1056 on: <01-24-15/1243:41> »
Sam's situation is similar to what Ace's was at the start of the Combat Turn. If he wants to go outside, acquire a target, and shoot, he will have to run in order to cover the necessary distance. The actions would look something like this:

Free Action(s): Drop bomb and run
Simple Action: Ready XM30
Simple Action: Fire XM30 (-2 running penalty, -2 Composure, +1 smartlink)

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1057 on: <01-24-15/1329:18> »
EDIT: Every single post that goes by makes me a little bit more sorry I didn't just blow it up while everyone was sleeping.
You or Sam?

I still get the feeling that you know something we don't (IC and OOC) because of your comments even after we have determined that it would a) be small nuclear detonation level disruptive and b) it isn't the thing infecting us. It DOES hold our old memories, but we have only a 50/50 chance that destroying it will return them (it could just as easily make them lost forever, taking away any chance we have of recovering them).

Or (like the whole Raven-Ohanzee IC fiasco) have I missed something major again?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #1058 on: <01-24-15/1333:41> »
You or Sam?

I still get the feeling that you know something we don't (IC and OOC) because of your comments even after we have determined that it would a) be small nuclear detonation level disruptive and b) it isn't the thing infecting us. It DOES hold our old memories, but we have only a 50/50 chance that destroying it will return them (it could just as easily make them lost forever, taking away any chance we have of recovering them).

Or (like the whole Raven-Ohanzee IC fiasco) have I missed something major again?

If you missed something, I did too. I think that Sam is just really regretting his decision to not blow up the thing and be rid of it.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1059 on: <01-24-15/1337:33> »
I'm worried that mask knows something we dont. Im worrying that she's the reason we didnt blow it up before the memory loss. I'm worried that once that bomb leaves sam's hand, thats the last he will see of it.

EDIT: In FACT, Sam is starting to doubt that she has lost her memory at all.
« Last Edit: <01-24-15/1350:52> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1060 on: <01-24-15/1339:05> »
Sam's situation is similar to what Ace's was at the start of the Combat Turn. If he wants to go outside, acquire a target, and shoot, he will have to run in order to cover the necessary distance. The actions would look something like this:

Free Action(s): Drop bomb and run
Simple Action: Ready XM30
Simple Action: Fire XM30 (-2 running penalty, -2 Composure, +1 smartlink)

lets do that, then. What are the available targets once i get outside?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1061 on: <01-24-15/1353:39> »
The more-apocalyptic scenario is Katsina's interpretation of what would happen. She could, of course, be misleading everyone else for her own ends, but her Con skill is non-existent. People are free to roll Judge Intentions if they like.

Let's roll Ohanzee's Magical Artifacts knowledge skill and see what he thinks. No modifiers since he would have been thinking about this pre-damage.
Logic 3 + Magical Artifacts 4: ??

Ohanzee isn't really sure. There's a part of him that doubts that such a potent magical artifact could even be destroyed by earthly means. Wouldn't that require some sort of crazy ritual?

@Poindexter
Sam can see:
1)  the Bulldog (he can probably see a driver, an ork in the passenger seat, and a troll in the back
2) an elven woman staggering from the Bulldog to the Tata Hotspur
3) a troll standing behind the open passenger side door of the Hotspur

If Sam joins Ace he will walk through the growing cloud of whatever gas the grenade is giving off.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1062 on: <01-24-15/1357:55> »
is the hotspur close enough to the bulldog that it could damage it, were it to explode?

Also, are any of the people Sam can see obviously armed, or aiming weapons at Ace?

also, if Sam were to go the other way, trying to set up a crossfire with Ace, would that be feasible and is there cover thataway?
« Last Edit: <01-24-15/1359:44> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1063 on: <01-24-15/1406:47> »
Ohanzee will certainly roll Judge Intentions after the combat is over and he's had a chance to rest up and reflect. The usage of Influence would startle him (he wouldn't have known she had the spell before, and her using it in a teammate would give him pause). But for now, he'll focus on the fight at hand, though he'll use his nonexistant initiative scores to keep up counterspelling just in case she tries anything like that again. But he can't do jack until next CT as he's out of initiative.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #1064 on: <01-24-15/1408:27> »
The more-apocalyptic scenario is Katsina's interpretation of what would happen. She could, of course, be misleading everyone else for her own ends, but her Con skill is non-existent. People are free to roll Judge Intentions if they like.

It's more likely that there was something set up before we lost our memory, and you somehow are carrying it out after your amnesia. After all, you don't need to be lying or trying to Con anyone if you truly cannot remember what/why you act the way you do.

Anyway, Chino has no reason to doubt, so no Judge Intentions needed. At least, he's still pretty distracted by being on fire to do so. I agree with Malevolence though, Chino would find it strange that she used mental manipulation on a teammate.

Register