NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1230 on: <02-02-15/1818:13> »
Doc loves shotguns! He has Longarms (Shotguns) 5 (7).

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1231 on: <02-02-15/1842:05> »
And thats in a cyber arm with agi 6 right?  w00t!  13 dice :) (minus 4 cuz ouch)  still 9 dice with a shotgun ain't too shabby!

So, we are using the B&B healing rules?  Does that mean I can do a stabilization test on Chino and potentially remove his wound modifiers (with enough successes)?
Not going to have time for a diagnosis.  Damn, gotta decide on priorities here.  I think healing will be best.

Order for me at this point (please chime in folks):
StabIlize Chino (CT5 IP1)
Stabilize Ohanzee (CT5 IP2 if I roll well)
Stabilize Ace (CT6 IP1 if he's still close enough)

Hopefully we are in the Bulldog by this point, and he can see to actually healing folks.  Unfortunately probably saving Chino for last so he can drive us to "safety"?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1232 on: <02-02-15/1850:57> »
Don't forget we're gonna need Ohanzee to get the Obelisk into the GMC, assuming we get it.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1233 on: <02-02-15/1853:26> »
We are using B&B healing rules.

As for stabilization, only Chino has taken a single attack of 5P+. That was from punching the fire spirit. I wasn't going to require him to stabilize since those injuries were largely external (skin) rather than internal (organs). But Chino's hurting pretty bad and will need a liberal dose of NuSkin plus Magic.

"Stabilization" can be used to negate Wound Modifiers, yes, although it might take some time given the Extended Test's thresholds and Doc's limited number of IPs. Let's rename this process to avoid confusion with "stabilization so you don't die". Let's call it "getting hopped up on painkillers" or something like that.

Everyone else's wounds are due to the accumulation of smaller wounds so nobody needs to be stabilized, unless you're counting the guys that Sam mowed down.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1234 on: <02-02-15/1918:24> »
Nope, I was using "stabilization as in hopped up on painkillers" not "stabilization so you don't die" nomenclature.  I agree it's confusing.  So, label them SHP and SDD?
The medkit is a rating 5 correct?  I've lost track of it :(  Going with that and the table from CRB 208  I'm at FA 6 + Log 9 + MedKit 5 - wounds 2 - disoriented 2 - Bad conditions (combat) 3 = 13 dice limit 10 or 15 if the medkit adds to my limit as well as die pool, either way a healthy limit I'm unlikely to hit.  For a super fast heal on Chino I could see pushing the limits to get 20 exploding dice (as I think that's better odds than re-rolling misses without exploding?  Not sure)
As long as orokos doesn't keep handing me my arse I should be able to get Chino sorted in a CT or so, assuming I can track him down.
We'll have to see where thing are at my turn next CT.  Don't want to get to far ahead of myself :P

Also, I'm not sure of what everyone's conditions are.  I think Mal has kept Ohanzee's sheet up to date with condition monitors, but I no one else has.  Since healing is going to be a thing, will everyone with a biomonitor that Doc would be able to get a roll call on let me know what state they are in? :P
« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1923:01> by Zweiblumen »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1235 on: <02-02-15/2000:24> »
This would probably also be a good time to mention that the only devices of Ohanzee's that are wireless on are his commlink, his contacts, and his trodes. The contacts don't really do anything for me, so I should probably turn them off (as they can't be run wireless off). We'll see how my action economy works out this CT and try to do so.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #1236 on: <02-02-15/2206:18> »
Also, I'm not sure of what everyone's conditions are.  I think Mal has kept Ohanzee's sheet up to date with condition monitors, but I no one else has.  Since healing is going to be a thing, will everyone with a biomonitor that Doc would be able to get a roll call on let me know what state they are in? :P

My sheet is up to date too.

As for healing, how much Edge do you have left? Even with 7 Edge, I know you've been spending them like crazy. In terms of efficiency, Pushing the Limit is slightly better, on average, but can be much better (or worse) than rerolling successes. On one hand, I'm inclined to say save your Edge, 13 dice is enough, but on the other hand, I kind of don't want Chino to die.

Up to you.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1237 on: <02-03-15/0842:31> »
At least the GMC is currently stopped and the engine is off.  Bought you guys probably 1 CT to get control of it?

This is tricky.  Sam and Ace are the closest, but it will take Ace until the end of this CT to make it to the driver's side door.  With the gunslinger throwing 11P downrange, a frontal assault on the Bulldog is very dangerous, but I'm unsure if we have the time for anything more.  Also, there's the Tata to worry about, and I'd feel a lot better about this if we could go ahead and take the Elf out for good. 

So, what are everyone's thoughts?  We don't have the time IC for a lot of planning, so I don't want to do an extravagant amount OOC, but right now the only option that Ace sees available is to try to take out the driver before s/he gets a chance to put down the pedal again.  Do we have any magical means that only require LoS?

Char sheet updated.  Ace has taken 5P and spent all his edge.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1238 on: <02-03-15/1145:18> »
Next
IC post for Ace (going prone and reloading)
IC post for Doc having a stroke after getting curb stomped by GOD
@rednblack Ace
@Poindexter Sam

*|     || [G] |*
          *|     || [M] |*
          *|     ||     |*    /RV/S <----- S is for Sam
          *|     ||     |* A /RV/ <----- A is for Ace
          *|     ||     |*  /RV/
          *|     ||     |* /RV/
     Wolf *|     ||     |*[ATV] <----- Snowmobile / ATV / Gas Grenade)
(cliff)   *|     ||     |*
          *|     ||E[T]T|* <----- E for Elf, T for Troll
          *|     || [H] |*

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1239 on: <02-03-15/1217:10> »
Gonna wait for Ace, cause I think we're both going for the same target. What he does determines what sam will do.

but just to get a few questions out of the way early...

1- It doesn't look like Sam could reach the GMC without sprinting, correct?
2- Could Sam get far enough straight north to have a clear line of fire on the driver?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1240 on: <02-03-15/1225:45> »
The passenger door of the GMC is about 14-15 meters from Sam. He could get there 2nd IP by running.

Running straight north, Sam would have a clear line of fire on the driver in about 10 meters. Since Sam's running rate is 9m per IP, it's close, but since he's got troll arms (Reach 1) I would allow it.

There is still a troll on the passenger side of the van that might object, as well as the man in the back who has been hosing down Ace. He would also have a line of fire out the passenger side since all the windows are gone on that side.

@Poindexter Sam has some other options on his sheet. It might be time to revisit his inventory and update the sheet with what you've learned since Chapter II began.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1241 on: <02-03-15/1249:18> »
Ok, I may have my order of operations wrong.  If so, let me know.  Ace is going to fire at the elf first, then run toward the back driver's side fender of the GMC.  He's on his way to the driver's side door.  Since Ace fired first, then started running, no penalty, right?  Or, is it, if he's going to run that IP he takes the penalty for whole turn no matter what?  If Ace can have an additional free action to message Sam, he will ask for suppressive fire to help cover him.  If Sam has additional means for this pass, cool, I'm fine with that, but Ace is going to ask for cover.

It looks like the elf is at the far side of short range right now (25M), but let me know if I'm off.

CT 4 IP 1
Simple: Take Aim
Simple: Fire at Elf
Free: Run
Free: Message Sam to make sure I don't get my hoop blown off.

AGI (9) + Laser (6) + Take Aim (1) - Wound Penalty (1) = 15
Laser zap against elf: 15d6t5 1

that is fucking awful.  Well, that's a lot of 1s, but no glitch, so something to be thankful about.  Base damage is 7P -10AP, 8/10 ammo-wise.

ETA: I completely forgot that Ace has to spend a Simple Action to stand.  Let's see if taking away that die kills his 1 hit:
Action correction -1 die: 1d6t5 1

Of course it does.  Ace shoots way wide.

« Last Edit: <02-03-15/1312:27> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1242 on: <02-03-15/1321:00> »
Orokos has been full of the hate!  Here's wishing the hate continues for the elf!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1243 on: <02-03-15/1337:42> »
Ace is going to fire at the elf first, then run toward the back driver's side fender of the GMC. 

You did the order of operations correctly after using a Simple to stand. Using two Free actions (one to run, one to comm) works well. No shooting penalty for shooting first and running second. Sorry about the dice.

Next
Sam
Not you: Action hidden. No rolls needed from the PCs.
Chino
Katsina

8-bit

« Reply #1244 on: <02-03-15/1344:28> »
Not exactly sure what Chino can do at the moment. He has no ranged attacks, he's badly hurt, and everything is pretty far away.

My first thought is to turn everything wireless off, as we no longer have Doc to protect our stuff. My second thought would be checking on the ATV and Snowmobile, but that would put me into open line of fire, I think.

I think about the only thing I can do is help out Doc from wherever he landed, and wait to be patched up.

Actually, wait a minute. Is it possible to punch through the back of the RV into the trailer with the ATV and Snowmobile? If I do so, would this completely open up the area to gunfire from the Elf and Troll?

Just trying to explore my options before I decide.