NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1245 on: <02-03-15/1354:59> »
Chino has Throwing Weapons 3. No weapons to throw, but there's plenty of debris around.

Yes, Chino can easily punch through the back of the RV.

The trailer carrying the snowmobile and the ATV is not enclosed. It's more like this:

Chino doesn't know what the condition of them will be but he would logically conclude that the trailer is on its side and that the snowmobile and ATV are upside down or on their sides in the snow. He's uncertain of how much cover that would provide from the Elf and the Troll.

8-bit

« Reply #1246 on: <02-03-15/1446:22> »
Ah, thought that the trailer was enclosed. Hmm.

Seems like a bad idea to go out into the open, at least in my current condition. I think Chino will just send a message notifying that he's turning everything wireless off, turn everything wireless off, and then see if there's anything he can do to help in the RV. Probably help Doc stand up and get him moving.

CT 4, Action Pass 1 - Acting on Initiative 14

Simple Action - Send Message
Free Action - Turn Wireless off on my, granted, few devices
Simple Action? - Help Doc get moving after his whole dumpshock experience

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1247 on: <02-03-15/1453:56> »
Sounds good to me. Yes, helping Doc stand would be a Simple Action. You could pick him up like Katsina picked up Ohanzee, if you wanted.

Next
Sam
Katsina
not you
Ohanzee

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1248 on: <02-03-15/1506:18> »
Sam's only got 9 left in the clip. Not enough for suppressive fire, I don't think.

As for looking at gear, I feel like all I've gotten is a rifle and more details about explosives. Is there something I'm missing?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1249 on: <02-03-15/1552:59> »
Far be it from me to suggest tactics. Just wanted to make sure you knew what's in your inventory.

Go ahead and declare and/or roll when you can.

Katsina, hearing the suppressive fire, will be concerned about Ace. Ace's comm to Sam requesting suppressive fire at least confirms that he is alive. She'll run outside, likely to the north, but I'll wait for Poindexter to go so that I don't have her running into him or into his line of fire.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1250 on: <02-03-15/1702:56> »
Flash bangs or thermal smoke could certainly help in allowing us to get close without being perforated.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1251 on: <02-03-15/1738:41> »
I had thought of that, but the launcher is currently loaded up with frags. By the time I get it loaded and fire one off, i fear we may already be full of holes. Seems like the better option to just geek the driver?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1252 on: <02-03-15/1744:08> »
Ohanzee could probably step in here with an illusion. If Sam responds that he can't provide covering fire, then Ohanzee can (with a mere 9 dice - 10 if by delaying to the second IP allows the composure penalty to drop) create a teammate that emerges from the RV with an SMG or LMG or whatever and lays it down.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1253 on: <02-03-15/1753:52> »
I had thought of that, but the launcher is currently loaded up with frags. By the time I get it loaded and fire one off, i fear we may already be full of holes. Seems like the better option to just geek the driver?

Damn.  Just saw that Sam doesn't have a throwing skill.  Yeah, geek the hell out of that driver.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1254 on: <02-03-15/1758:29> »
Sam does have the throwing skill; he just never tried to use it. Sam has Throwing Weapons 4.

I'm under the impression that Ohanzee's Composure penalty has already expired. Sam is at -1 this pass but then he's back to normal in IP2.

Per the book, there's a -1 penalty to delaying your action. I'll be selective about when to implement this. If you're waiting for someone else to act first, then the penalty will apply. But if you're delaying your action because you only have one IP and would prefer to act in IP2 than IP1 then there probably won't be a penalty.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1255 on: <02-03-15/1918:08> »
Sam does have the throwing skill; he just never tried to use it. Sam has Throwing Weapons 4.

Can launcher meant grenades be thrown like regular grenades?

And if so, Does Sam have the actions this turn to draw and throw one without dropping the rifle?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1256 on: <02-03-15/1925:26> »
Can launcher meant grenades be thrown like regular grenades?

No, minigrenades must be launched.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1257 on: <02-03-15/1931:39> »
Ok, so -2 for running, -1 for composure, Any further penalties for firing on the driver? Single shot.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1258 on: <02-03-15/1937:39> »
-1 Moving Over Broken Ground (a slope with snow, ice, shrubs, underbrush, etc.)

Taking a single shot is fine but it does require a Free Action to change the firing mode via smartlink. This can be done simultaneously while running.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1259 on: <02-03-15/1955:29> »
-1 Moving Over Broken Ground (a slope with snow, ice, shrubs, underbrush, etc.)

Taking a single shot is fine but it does require a Free Action to change the firing mode via smartlink. This can be done simultaneously while running.

but doesn't leave me time to communicate the "no go" on the covering fire.

3 round burst it is, i guess.

MOVE: Run north
FREE: Communicate
Simple: Fire three round burst at the driver.
Simple: can I trade this in for another free action? If so, make the above free a switch firing modes and this trade in free will be communicating.

Either way, here's the roll.

Three round burst at the driver of the GMC Agi9 + Automatics6 + smartgun1 -3 penalties: 13d6t5 6

under limit, so we're good.

whoops, shoulda been one fewer dice there.
whoops -1: 1d6t5 0

still good.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english