NEWS

[IC] A Kriminal Affair

• 126 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« on: <11-12-14/0536:56> »
[This is the IC thread for A Kriminal Affair, that is group 2, GMed by Raven Runner and Volker. In case there are short comments in future - not like this one - I/we will use square brackets, but whatever can be done in the OOC thread should be done there, please.]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-12-14/0626:21> »
Beetle

February 1st 2075, Friday morning, sun shining. Beetle is at his 4th mile of the morning run when he feels the slight twitch of an incoming call. An image of St Nick smiling broadly appears transparently flowing in midair before you.

Arachnos

February 1st 2075, Friday morning, who cares whether the sun is shining or not? It's goddamn morning and some son of a bitch is waking you up.
It's not a son of a bitch, though. It's Molly and it seems that you have about 2.5 seconds left to set up your most winning smile, before Molly might change her mind and call somebody else to get shit done.

Mercy

February 1st 2075, Friday afternoon, 4:33PM. You're at your favourite gun range (they do puppets in suits, and you can choose metatype and sex), when the small symbol of a text message pops up in the corner of your vision. You take out your 'link and open the message:
It's Jameson. U in need of some creds? Cl me @6.15. & make sure u look good, honey.

Hermes

February 2nd 2075, 6.20AM in the morning. You just dreamed that horrible dream where you faced him. In RL you have no idea what he looks like, but in that dream you knew it was him. With a satisfied smile on your face you point the gun directly at his face - when something stranged happened. As if by an external force your hand turns, slowly, but no matter how hard you fight, you end up pointing the gun at your own face.
When suddenly your comm rings.
« Last Edit: <11-12-14/2230:15> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <11-12-14/0845:49> »

Mercy

February 1st 2075, Friday afternoon, 4:33PM. You're at your favourite gun range (they do puppets in suits, and you can choose metatype and sex), when the small symbol of a text message pops up in the corner of your vision. You take out your 'link and open the message:
It's Jameson. U in need of some creds? Cl me @6.15. & make sure u look good, honey.

Mercy checks the time and swears under her breath. She sends a quick reply, "Always. On both counts."

She packs up her gear, lamenting the fact that she doesn't have time to clean her guns. Her Mirage tears though traffic on the way back to her apartment. She dumps her gear, then secures her combat knife and her Suppressor into their concealed holsters in her Sleeping Tiger. She tucks a few magazines into her belt, then stops in front of the mirror. After a little consideration, she applies a small amount of cosmetics and runs a brush through her hair. She gets herself to ready to leave quickly if necessary, then keys her commlink at 1815 to call Jameson.
« Last Edit: <11-12-14/1007:53> by Landmine »
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-12-14/1052:57> »
Mercy checks the time and swears under her breath. She sends a quick reply, "Always. On both counts."

She packs up her gear, lamenting the fact that she doesn't have time to clean her guns. Her Mirage tears though traffic on the way back to her apartment. She dumps her gear, then secures her combat knife and her Suppressor into their concealed holsters in her Sleeping Tiger. She tucks a few magazines into her belt, then stops in front of the mirror. After a little consideration, she applies a small amount of cosmetics and runs a brush through her hair. She gets herself to ready to leave quickly if necessary, then keys her commlink at 1815 to call Jameson.

Jameson's perfect visage appears hovering in midair. His face is neatly shaven, his teeth white as snow, his hair just not as perfect as it needs to be to appear still natural and sympathetic. He's a natural charmer and maybe worth a date.
But right now, he doesn't seem to have time on dating. He looks a little bit under pressure of time.
"Darling, in time as ever. I received an interesting call this noon. You do not have any serious travelling planes for the not-so-distant future, do you?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <11-12-14/1125:58> »

Jameson's perfect visage appears hovering in midair. His face is neatly shaven, his teeth white as snow, his hair just not as perfect as it needs to be to appear still natural and sympathetic. He's a natural charmer and maybe worth a date.
But right now, he doesn't seem to have time on dating. He looks a little bit under pressure of time.
"Darling, in time as ever. I received an interesting call this noon. You do not have any serious travelling planes for the not-so-distant future, do you?"

This again? This guy is seriously not my type. Mercy was glad Jameson didn't seem to have time to do some serious flirting. He was great for business, but not nearly charming as he thought he was. She tried to make her smile look as natural as possible.

"Travel? You know I'm looking for jobs around Seattle, Jameson. But work is work and I'm not busy. What you got?"

8-bit

« Reply #5 on: <11-12-14/1143:54> »
Arachnos

February 1st 2075, Friday morning, who cares whether the sun is shining or not? It's goddamn morning and some son of a bitch is waking you up.
It's not a son of a bitch, though. It's Molly and it seems that you have about 2.5 seconds left to set up your most winning smile, before Molly might change her mind and call somebody else to get shit done.

Arachnos sits up on the side of his bed in a rush. Looking in the mirror, he tries a smile on, but it ends up being more of a grimace. He shakes his head, and tries again. This time it looks a little better. It will have to do. Anyone else, I wouldn't even get up, but this could be important.

He accepts the call and says, "Morning." With a sigh, he thinks, That was smooth, you surely nailed that one.
« Last Edit: <11-12-14/1306:36> by 8-bit »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <11-12-14/1257:48> »
Landmine

"If you don't want to go abroad, tell me so. If you don't mind visitng the Old World, there might be some creds. I guess, it's not an AAA corp and I am not definitely sure about the wage, but it should cover your living costs for a while. There are a lot of muscles beside you. Travel expenses are born by Mr. Johnson. Estimated time spent around one month. Interest yes/no?"

Arachnos

Molly's face immediately fills the screen of your link. "Arachnos, I got a job for you. Europe. You're supposed to do the mojo stuff, pretty usual job description. I take it, you don't have other plans, otherwise I'd know. Wednesday, 9pm, Seventh heaven, 2nd floor, ask for Mr. Johnson. You're allowed to show up projecting, but don't fuck around and you have to pay your drink anyway. Everything clear, sweetheart?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <11-12-14/1359:40> »
Landmine

"If you don't want to go abroad, tell me so. If you don't mind visitng the Old World, there might be some creds. I guess, it's not an AAA corp and I am not definitely sure about the wage, but it should cover your living costs for a while. There are a lot of muscles beside you. Travel expenses are born by Mr. Johnson. Estimated time spent around one month. Interest yes/no?"

Mercy takes a few seconds to mull it over, "I'm definitely interested, it just brings up a lot of questions. You got any more info on the job?"

8-bit

« Reply #8 on: <11-12-14/1602:31> »
Molly's face immediately fills the screen of your link. "Arachnos, I got a job for you. Europe. You're supposed to do the mojo stuff, pretty usual job description. I take it, you don't have other plans, otherwise I'd know. Wednesday, 9pm, Seventh heaven, 2nd floor, ask for Mr. Johnson. You're allowed to show up projecting, but don't fuck around and you have to pay your drink anyway. Everything clear, sweetheart?"

Europe? Well, that's certainly new.

Still, Arachnos could read the not-so-veiled message that Molly was sending. He immediately replies, "Yes, that's very clear."

After pausing for a second, he asks, "Any idea where in Europe?"

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <11-12-14/1713:18> »

Beetle

February 1st 2075, Friday morning, sun shining. Beetle is at his 4th mile of the morning run when he feels the slight twitch of an incoming call. An image of St Nick smiling broadly appears transparently flowing in midair before you.

Most people like to run through parks or along the water.  Beetle gets it.  They like to watch the water or nature or whatever.  But he prefers to run through the industrial parks near his place in Tacoma.  The wifi coverage is strong and there aren't a lot of AROs to get in the way of what he likes to look at while he runs.  He has six windows open.  Local news, tech blogs, the replay of the Supersonics game, bulletin boards.  He loves the feel of his mind and body working out at the same time.

And then one window overlays them all.  Incoming call from St. Nick.  Beetle continues running and smiles as he answers the call, "St. Nick!  What's up, dude?  You got biz for me?"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-12-14/2105:40> »
Mercy

"Yes, I do, but of course no details. It's going to be a sabotage job. Going in, destroying data, mayhaps placing a bomb, blowing everything up, going out again. Maybe in a more pleasant order. They take you somewhere to Europe. Ah, and here come's the interesting thing: I'm not allowed to be specific here, as long as you don't say definitely yes, but Mr. Johnson is not a corp. It's a group with, let's say, political interests.
They were not specific on the creds yet, but it definitely has 5 digits.
Any more questions, honey?"

Arachnos

Molly actually smiles. "Good boy, that's the spirit. Nay, I ain't got a clue, but to me it somehow sounded like Western Europe, but honestly: could also be my imagination. Are you definitely on the job or do you need time to reconsider?"
Her voice somehow changed after "or". It seems that there was a kind of pressure to it.

Beetle

"Jesus mercy, Beetle, you looked like un of 'em Greek gods back then. You should really lean back a li'l more or you'll never cultivate a nice belly like mine!
How're you doin'?"

[After the response]

"Ah, speaking of Greek gods reminds me. Europe, it was, huh? Chummer, I just got an interesting call. Someone's looking for a decker to support a kind of assault team working in Europe. That is, the team starts from here but flies there and gets some shit done. Are you free for like a month and in need of some creds? They might give you a pocket mone in Euro if you ask nicely."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <11-12-14/2126:25> »

Beetle

"Jesus mercy, Beetle, you looked like un of 'em Greek gods back then. You should really lean back a li'l more or you'll never cultivate a nice belly like mine!
How're you doin'?"

[After the response]

"Ah, speaking of Greek gods reminds me. Europe, it was, huh? Chummer, I just got an interesting call. Someone's looking for a decker to support a kind of assault team working in Europe. That is, the team starts from here but flies there and gets some shit done. Are you free for like a month and in need of some creds? They might give you a pocket mone in Euro if you ask nicely."

"Europe?!  That's....Awesome!!  Dude, do you know where in Europe?"', he begins pulling up weather forecasts in the background.  "I'm so in!  When and where is the meet with Mr. J-Man?"

8-bit

« Reply #12 on: <11-12-14/2143:54> »
Molly actually smiles. "Good boy, that's the spirit. Nay, I ain't got a clue, but to me it somehow sounded like Western Europe, but honestly: could also be my imagination. Are you definitely on the job or do you need time to reconsider?"
Her voice somehow changed after "or". It seems that there was a kind of pressure to it.

"Just fishing for information, you know how it is." A real genuine smile touches Arachnos' face. "I'm in, it sounds like an interesting change of pace." Meanwhile, his mind was racing with a list of stuff he wanted to do before the meet.

Seems like a good idea to scout out this restaurant. Maybe I'll learn something. In the meantime, I'll have to set up arrangements for remote payments to my landlord. Not that this place is amazing, but it's good enough to hold onto, if possible.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <11-12-14/2225:00> »
Beetle

"That's my lad" St. Nick displays a broad grin. "No, to be honest, I don't have no idea where's it a-goin'. But you better bring a bottle of good French Chardonnay along on your way back home or you can look for another retired rigger putting nuyen in your well-trained arse." Nick keeps up his grin to mark that as a joke, before he comes back to business.

"So, if you're in, you go to Seventh heaven, 2nd floor and ask for Mr. Johnson. Time is Wednesday, 9pm. Uh, and in case you too love Latin, there's a hint for you about who's Johnney-Johnson: Terra prima primula signum exclamationis."

Nick blinks conspirationally. "There's not much more I can tell you, chummer. Don't forget about the wine, will you?"

8-bit

"Great. Don't forget my 2 % service charge, will you?
Have a nice stay in Europe. Pressing my thumbs you go to Italy or Austria. Food's great there."
Unless you interrupt at this moment, Molly breaks the connection.
It's still early in the morning, but you're to agitated to go back to sleep right now.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

8-bit

« Reply #14 on: <11-13-14/0028:37> »
"Great. Don't forget my 2 % service charge, will you? Have a nice stay in Europe. Pressing my thumbs you go to Italy or Austria. Food's great there."

As Molly terminated the connection, Arachnos decided to write down the address before he forgot it. Sure, Molly was to the point, but she knew what she wanted and she made things simpler for Arachnos. A reliable fixer is worth their weight in gold, fortunately, she hadn't asked for that. Yet. Well, there was no point in trying to fall asleep now; there was some work to do. He threw on his suit, put his commlink in his pocket, and checked himself in the mirror.

A completely bland and nondescript face stared back at him. Good, just the way he wanted it. No one expects the average person to be the one pulling some strings. Time to check out this Seventh Heaven place, maybe I can figure out who our most generous Mr. Johnson is. At the very least, I'll learn how expensive that drink I'll have to pay for is.