NEWS

[IC] A Kriminal Affair

• 126 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <11-15-14/2050:11> »
Hermes

"It was a rhetorical question, partner. Good that I know but they don't. Uhm, honestly, I'm not entirely sure. Johnson was a little secretive about that. I can tell you what I know, that is: Mr. Johnson is an activist group. I'm really not allowed to tell you the name, but I will give you a hint as a friend: It starts with 'T'and ends with 'erraFirst!'. Psst!
It's going to Europe, no destination said. They said something about penetration, and I don't think they will want to you to test some Czech hookers. Considering the nature of your client, I guess it will be a sabotage job. They'll provide a private jet and a stewardess, though."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <11-16-14/1611:25> »
Mercy spends the next day scouting Seventh Heaven. In the morning she pulls up their Matrix-site to get a better idea what the place is. After that, she takes her Mirage across town, then checks out the building on foot noting the entrances and exits.
« Last Edit: <11-16-14/2330:08> by Landmine »
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <11-16-14/2340:51> »
Seventh Heaven is a building on it's own, having three stories in addition the the ground floor, making it for in total. The main entrance is lit by purple-and-blue neon lights in a most appealing fashion (that is, they light the nights only at night of course). At day-time there are no AROs around except for what you find online anyway. There is one main entrance, one side entrance and a fire ladder that leads to every floor. There might also be a trap door on the flat roof, but you can't tell.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <11-17-14/1008:31> »
Hermes

"It was a rhetorical question, partner. Good that I know but they don't. Uhm, honestly, I'm not entirely sure. Johnson was a little secretive about that. I can tell you what I know, that is: Mr. Johnson is an activist group. I'm really not allowed to tell you the name, but I will give you a hint as a friend: It starts with 'T'and ends with 'erraFirst!'. Psst!
It's going to Europe, no destination said. They said something about penetration, and I don't think they will want to you to test some Czech hookers. Considering the nature of your client, I guess it will be a sabotage job. They'll provide a private jet and a stewardess, though."

"Swanky! Where does Johnson wanna meet? Please tell me not a strip joint again. "
Hermes recoils from the memory of the last time he met with a Johnson at the "Squish Shack ".

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <11-17-14/1018:05> »
"Seventh Heaven, 2nd floor. I sent you an ARO containing their Matrix location. The meeting is at (he looks at his wristwatch) oh damn, six-fifteen.
Just jesting. You'll meet on Friday at nine. Ask for Mr. Johnson, apparently.

That said, I wish you a pleasent late-afternoon, my friend. Too-da-loo."
He swirls his cloak around him and disappears in a most dramatic fashion.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

8-bit

« Reply #35 on: <11-17-14/1339:39> »
Arachnos pauses a moment when he spots the Djinn looking at him. Floating in Astral Space, he feels vulnerable; there is no place to hide, no shadows to take cover in. After a few seconds, the Djinn turns his attention away from Arachnos. Even though he currently wasn't in a physical body, Arachnos felt the tension leave his shoulders. If the Djinn were going to attack him, it would have done so. Arachnos willed his ethereal form closer to the building, and he scanned the exterior, looking for any signs of wards before he entered. He had already had a rather embarrassing morning, it wouldn't help if he accidentally blundered into a ward while trying to work.

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <11-17-14/2027:02> »
After checking out the building, Mercy waits out the week for the meet. She goes about her usual routine, making sure her gear looks sharp and that she's ready for the meet on Friday.
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <11-17-14/2058:34> »
Arachnos

As you come closer, you can see that Seventh Heaven is four floors high, including the ground floor. The highest floor is indeed shielded by a ward, the other ones are not. You can see no further astral presence, but you can't look through the ward or the physical walls of the building.

But as soon as you come as close as 15 yards, the Djinn again turns its attention to you. Within a blink it's right in front of you, the arms of its muscular upper body crossed, its gaze stern and uninviting. Instead of legs you see a swirling tornado of haze and flames.

"What is your business here?", the djinn demands in a hissing and crackling voice that reminds of a campfire fed by too wet wood.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <11-17-14/2118:31> »
Beetle steps away from the swirling search windows that surround his avatar, satisfied with what he has found.  And it didn't take to long either. 

Beetle slips away from the Matrix and opens his eyes to the meat world.

8-bit

« Reply #39 on: <11-19-14/2012:46> »
"What is your business here?", the djinn demands in a hissing and crackling voice that reminds of a campfire fed by too wet wood.

Unfazed, and feigning annoyance Arachnos replied,

"I suppose that is not an unreasonable demand. Very well. I am here because an old friend of mine recently called and asked to meet. I asked him where, and he gave me the name of this place. I had no idea this place existed, so I wanted to check it out before I met with him. Unfortunately, morning traffic made mundane travel impossible, so I popped over here in Astral form instead. I was just checking out the building, as it was giving off some ... interesting auras. Alas, nothing interesting came of it."

He hopes that the spirit cannot detect him lying through his teeth. Damn, he had been really unprepared when he did this. He continued.

"May I go in now? I wish to see what is on the menu, so that I may be able to greet my old friend appropriately. I seem to recall that he enjoyed his liquor quite a bit; I would rather not offend him."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <11-19-14/2159:48> »
"Tell me your name, then," the djinns demands.
"If I know your name as a today's guest, you may enter. Otherwise, leave this place and return in meat and bones, as is the custom of your race."
You're not sure, but you seem to sense a hint of contempt in its voice.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

8-bit

« Reply #41 on: <11-19-14/2206:17> »
"The name is Samuel. Samuel Blood."

Arachnos knows full well that his name isn't on the list, but he might as well play the con through. Fortunately, the spirit had shown all its cards and was going to let him off easy. A very lucky end for his lack of preparation. He would have to remind himself to not be so hasty next time, at the very least not play reckless games without some forethought.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <11-20-14/0027:15> »
"You are not known to me, Samuel Blood," the spirit states plainly. Shooting you a last warning gaze he resumes his patrol.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

8-bit

« Reply #43 on: <11-20-14/1149:04> »
"Very well, you're just doing your job."

With that Arachnos wills his way back to his meat body. He had learned about all he could from that recon.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <11-20-14/1226:30> »
Part 1: Harry "Hairy" Johnson

Seventh Heaven is as full on a Wednesday as any club can hope to be on Saturday. Flashy lights in purple and red color the whole road, and the club music pours out its opened gates. Two trolls in sunglasses stand before the entrance gate and check the guests' age and SIN (or at least pretend to do so). AROs add to the whirlwind of lights and music and enable you to order while you're still queuing to get in. Virtual semi-AIs usher you to come in and promise the night of your life. Drug dealers are shooed away by the security personnel and beggars always try to claim a little cash of youths in party mood and drunkards in, well, drunk mood.

It's yet another Wednesday evening. And it's going to be the start of a run to remember.
« Last Edit: <11-20-14/1228:27> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"