NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #360 on: <09-20-14/2144:08> »
To help move thing along and keep from combat in the matrix, mainly so the Crumpled Man can have some in the meat interaction would it be ok to just send the Agent to go scour the comms that are still up for info?

Sure. After a few seconds your agent will get some marks and start searching them for useful info. You manage to find some ID for the soldiers, which identify them as a Knight Errant security HTR squad. There's also a file with an image of a strange metallic statue or tablet or something. Just looks like a weird geometric shape to you. There are also several pictures of you, Uncle Sam, Chino and Ohanzee, which look like they were taken from security cameras.

There's also a video. When played, it shows a camera with an outside view of some structure, pointed at a wall. Then the wall explodes outwards and Chino stumbles through, looking like he just kicked the wall open like it was a door with a bad latch. Following him are yourself and Ohanzee, who is gesturing towards the crate and levitating it through. Then Uncle Sam comes out, walking backwards while firing back through the breach on full auto.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #361 on: <09-20-14/2210:06> »
 :o  :o  :o Well doesn't that just sound so good.... (Expletive)
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #362 on: <09-21-14/0259:05> »
So is Novocrane the latest victim or did he pull a GrimWulf and have the IC board eat his post?
Nothing quite so exciting; just a mix of RL interrupting, followed by a poor choice of eating the suspicious soup at the back of the fridge.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #363 on: <09-21-14/0336:43> »
I ate that same soup! Not doing so hot myself.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #364 on: <09-21-14/1522:12> »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #365 on: <09-21-14/1526:36> »
Running toward the wreck as fast as i can.: 10d6t5 6

Give me some perception checks while you're at it. (Moderate Snow, Total Darkness. I'll let you figure out how your vision mods affect the final penalty)

And if you're trying to be stealthy about it at all, Sneaking checks. Uncle Sam has Sneaking 2.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #366 on: <09-21-14/1542:37> »

Give me some perception checks while you're at it. (Moderate Snow, Total Darkness. I'll let you figure out how your vision mods affect the final penalty)

And if you're trying to be stealthy about it at all, Sneaking checks. Uncle Sam has Sneaking 2.

perception in the dark and snow: 2d6t5 1

holy crap i got a hit!

no sneaking. he's going for speed.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #367 on: <09-21-14/1551:01> »

perception in the dark and snow: 2d6t5 1

holy crap i got a hit!

no sneaking. he's going for speed.

Oh hey, that's a glitch. You make it down the hill and about halfway towards the crash site when shit goes down.

Surprise Test: Reaction 6 + Intuition 3: 9d6t5 3

Congrats, you are not surprised when the soldier comes at you from behind some trees. Roll Initiative.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #368 on: <09-21-14/1552:37> »
initiative: 2d6+9 19

bout to find out if i have the unarmed combat skill, huh?
« Last Edit: <09-21-14/1557:14> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #369 on: <09-21-14/1609:44> »

Uncle Sam has Close Combat group 3.

The soldier won initiative, and just charged you and tried to clober you in the head with his rifle butt. You get +1 to your defense roll for being a troll and having a Reach bonus.

As for rolling Damage soak, you've got Body 10, Bone lacing Body 3, Bone lacing Armor 3, Troll Armor 1 and Armor Jacket 12, so you've got 29 dice on Damage Soak. Rifle butt doesn't have AP, either.
« Last Edit: <09-21-14/1617:01> by Ryo »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #370 on: <09-21-14/1638:47> »

The soldier won initiative, and just charged you and tried to clober you in the head with his rifle butt. You get +1 to your defense roll for being a troll and having a Reach bonus.

As for rolling Damage soak, you've got Body 10, Bone lacing Body 3, Bone lacing Armor 3, Troll Armor 1 and Armor Jacket 12, so you've got 29 dice on Damage Soak. Rifle butt doesn't have AP, either.

Defense vs rifle butt: 9d6t5 1

and, assuming he was hit,

Holy crap, i have 29 soak dice!?: 29d6t5 8

looks like some stun dmg might be in order, but i assume he's still up.

so...
free action- send message
complex action- subduing melee attack. gonna spend an edge to push the limit, too. Sam is pissed.

Grab this bastard GOOD: 16d6h5 5

"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #371 on: <09-21-14/1649:12> »

Defense vs rifle butt: 9d6t5 1

and, assuming he was hit,

Holy crap, i have 29 soak dice!?: 29d6t5 8

looks like some stun dmg might be in order, but i assume he's still up.

so...
complex action- subduing melee attack. gonna spend an edge to push the limit, too. Sam is pissed.

Grab this bastard GOOD: 16d6h5 5

So he smashes your head in for 9P + 6 net, but your total armor is 16, so he barely doesn't do Physical Damage. You then soak 8, and take a total of 7 stun. However, you have Damage Compensators, so you have no wound penalties.

You then grab him, and get 2 net hits. So that's Strength 8 + 2 net, which exceeds his Physical Limit of 9

That ends Pass 1, and Pass 2 he goes first to try and break out of your lock.

Aaaand....wow. Botched the shit out of that roll. So you hold on to him and get your second pass while still holding him.

Feel free to post your successful grab in the IC.
« Last Edit: <09-21-14/1652:06> by Ryo »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #372 on: <09-21-14/1705:20> »
At first I saw the Perception roll and thought "Sam has thermographics, he must have a better dicepool than that." But no, no, it looks like Poindexter got it right. Might have to get Sam some vision/hearing enhancement.

Rather sporting of the HTR team member - who just jumped out of a crashing helicopter - to go for the melee attack on a raging troll rather than the full auto. Looks like he had a pretty sweet attack roll at least, but don't rifle butts have an Accuracy of 3?

The Masked Woman will be staying in the van, using the allotted five minutes to work on another preparation. Heal @ F5 with command trigger, as required by Health spells.

Magic 6 + Alchemy 5 + Enchanting Focus 2 + Mentor Spirit 2 - stun 1 - sustaining 2 = 2 hits, bummer
Soaking F - 4 + 2 (trigger) = 3 drain = 4 hits, no drain

Final result is Force 5, Potency 2.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #373 on: <09-21-14/1708:40> »
2nd pass
complex action- tighten the grip.

Tighten the grip around the soldier: 12d6t5 4
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #374 on: <09-21-14/1710:06> »
At first I saw the Perception roll and thought "Sam has thermographics, he must have a better dicepool than that." But no, no, it looks like Poindexter got it right. Might have to get Sam some vision/hearing enhancement.

dammit, I DO have vision enhance in those goggles. shoulda been 2 more dice. screw it, lets just move on and i'll be more perceptive in the future.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english