NEWS

[OOC] All for nothing. Team one

• 22 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #15 on: <11-07-14/1809:05> »
@imveros, can you elaborate a bit on how running a gang fits in with Johnny's whole "trying to be part of the solution, not the problem" thing?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <11-07-14/2048:18> »
He runs a gang of like mind people who actually protect the people under his care. They don't run drugs or prostitution rings or anything. They are more like the Skraacha from season 4, an informal police force for the orc underground in Seattle,  than a traditional gang. It's not a large group,  mostly a few scrawny humans and an orc who were tired of seeing people pushed around, and doesn't have a large turf, a few blocks at most are all they can keep safe from the other larger, meaner gangs. Honestly Egrand's rules for no inner gang conflicts are all that keep them on the map
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-09-14/2049:01> »
He runs a gang of like mind people who actually protect the people under his care. They don't run drugs or prostitution rings or anything. They are more like the Skraacha from season 4, an informal police force for the orc underground in Seattle,  than a traditional gang. It's not a large group,  mostly a few scrawny humans and an orc who were tired of seeing people pushed around, and doesn't have a large turf, a few blocks at most are all they can keep safe from the other larger, meaner gangs. Honestly Egrand's rules for no inner gang conflicts are all that keep them on the map

How many people are we talkin about here?
I almost feel like being a gang leader, even of a small gang, would put a LOT more power behind your actions than the average runner. It seems like something like that should be a positive quality one buys or something. What if you're more of a respected high up in the gang, but you're not really in charge of anyone, directly. If shit hits the fan, you can call your higher up in the gang and have a few heads show up somewhere, probably. I'd just make you spend a decent amount on said higher up, who would be your contact.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <11-09-14/2109:06> »

How many people are we talkin about here?
I almost feel like being a gang leader, even of a small gang, would put a LOT more power behind your actions than the average runner. It seems like something like that should be a positive quality one buys or something. What if you're more of a respected high up in the gang, but you're not really in charge of anyone, directly. If shit hits the fan, you can call your higher up in the gang and have a few heads show up somewhere, probably. I'd just make you spend a decent amount on said higher up, who would be your contact.

That's honestly exactly what I'm doing. 'Egrand' Alexeij  runs the gang, and i am an intermediary. I also envisioned it as three or four other people and they were more like hype men than useful minions. When shit hits the fan, i fight, they hide, then if i win they come out and throw insults. If that's no good then we can play another angle. Egrand' Alexeij wants me to run one of his gangs, but that's not his style. They are still friends because Egrand' holds out hope one day Johnny will give up this "shadowrunning nonsense" and Johnny is his friend because he is trying to get the gang violence under control and at least curb collateral damage while trying to give the metas a home
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-19-14/1635:28> »
OK, i need just a few more questions answered before I can start rocking this.

1- I need to know where in chicago everyone lives. If ya aint looked through feral cities yet, I'd suggest it.

2- I need to know if you're all going to a meet, how you get there, typically speaking.

3- I need to know how many of you have non-shadowrunning means of earning money, and if so, what.

4- I need to know how you get shadorunning jobs. Is it through a fixer contact of yours? Do you hang out in runner bars? What's your "in"?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <11-19-14/1840:08> »
I found this link and it seems like it will be super useful. Just wanted to get it out there while i work on my questions. I'll edit in the answers when I'm done!

http://www.ikimap.com/map/shadowrun-chicago-2073

1-  I need to know where in Chicago everyone lives. If ya aint looked through feral cities yet, I'd suggest it.

Johnny lives in the Jefferson park area just inside the old containment zone. That is in between old I 94 and I 90 just inside the wall

2- I need to know if you're all going to a meet, how you get there, typically speaking.

I Will take my noble steed King (aka my Harley-Davidson Scorpion)

3- I need to know how many of you have non-shadowrunning means of earning money, and if so, what.

From time to time Egrand gives me jobs guarding convoys of supplies to the various gang territories and the occasional reward from the people he saves. Still times are often hard and Johnny is no stranger to diving for a snack when he thinks no one is looking

4- I need to know how you get shadorunning jobs. Is it through a fixer contact of yours? Do you hang out in runner bars? What's your "in"?

Johnny spends a lot of time in three-fingers bar and has developed a bit of a reputation for being a bruiser. Three-fingers keep his ear to the ground for Johnny knowing that most of the money he makes will be spent at the bar eventually anyway...
« Last Edit: <11-19-14/1853:01> by Imveros »

8-bit

« Reply #21 on: <11-19-14/2003:27> »
1. Silk lives where North Park University used to be. According to the map Imveros linked, that is right inside the Horde's turf. Makes me feel glad I know a guy or two.

2. I walk. Lots and lots of walking. Like, neverending walking. What can I say; I don't have money.

3. Kind of? I mean, I do an odd job here or there for people (including the Horde). Usually it's for information, sometimes, when money's tight, it's for money.

4. Mostly by keeping his ear to the ground. He hangs out in bars, occasionally, as he enjoys having a drink or two and picking up rumors. More recently, he has started getting a couple jobs handed his way through Sarah Silverleaf; he's only recently made her acquaintance. Scary lady, but brings good work.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #22 on: <11-20-14/1202:58> »
1- I need to know where in chicago everyone lives. If ya aint looked through feral cities yet, I'd suggest it.
Baby Hardcore's squat is between Deerfield and Highland Park, just west of Highway (or maybe it's an Interstate) 41

Baby Hardcore does a lot of walking as well, when he can't bum a ride.  Sometimes he'll "rent" a car from somebody else in the ABC, but that's usually reserved for doing ABC business.

For us anarchists, mutual aid is the name of the game.  No real use for nuyen in a barter economy, wiz?  Baby Hardcore does a little trading and a little work for the ABC, and that's how he gets by.  Sometimes it's security detail work, and other times it's helping with classes, or tending the gardens, though he needs a lot of direction on the latter.

Larry the Rat is BH's principle in, though Jaime has been known to toss him some work now and then. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal